The invitation

Don't wanna let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh come on, Eunhyuk! Don’t be so uptight. Plus it is already time to move on, it’s been five years already. I promise that if you go out on a date with her, you’ll have plenty of fun. She is a very fun girl,” said Shindong, who was trying to persuade his friend to go out on a date with a girl.

Eunhyuk sighed and glared at his so called ‘best friend’. It was weekend, so he and Shindong went out drinking again. But the younger one soon regretted doing that, because Shindong was nagging him about start dating again. He didn’t get it, no matter how many times he told him that he wasn’t ready yet, the other one was too stubborn to see that. He shook his head and took another sip of his drink. “How many times do I have to tell you this; I am not interested. Plus I don’t even know this girl that you are talking about. I don’t even know how she looks.”

“Oh she is very good looking trust me on that,” said Shindong and winked, making Eunhyuk roll his eyes and look away. “It’s not always a bad thing if you don’t know how a person looks like before you go out on a date with them. That’s the whole concept of blind dating, Eunhyuk!”

“I know what blind dating is, hyung and I am telling you that I am not interested,” tried Eunhyuk again and he then let out a groan.

“Why not? Don’t tell that you are still in love with that guy who broke your heart! You need to let him go, for your own good. It’s been so many years and you are only hurting yourself if you don’t move on,” said Shindong and Eunhyuk finally turned to look at him again.

Eunhyuk sent Shindong an angry look, because he was feeling furious with his friend at that point. Why couldn’t the other one just accept it that he still wasn’t ready?! He firmed a loose fist with his left hand and then angrily empties his glass. “You don’t get it, okay? It doesn’t how much time it passed I still can’t forget him. He was my first love, so it is only natural that I still have feelings for him. Plus you are trying to set me up with a girl? Sorry to burst your bubble, hyung, but I’m not into women,” he said. The last sentence was a lie, since he didn’t really mind dating girls, but hey maybe it would help him with getting out of the whole ‘blind-date-thing’.

“Now you are just making things up. I know that you date guys, but don’t say that you’ve never dated a girl before.”

“Well maybe I wouldn’t have to lie if you weren’t being such an about me going out on dates. You worry too much about it. I’ll start dating again when I’ll feel that I am ready. Okay?” he asked and gritted his teeth, because he expected Shindong to start complaining again. But to his surprise Shindong didn’t say anything.

“Fine,” said Shindong and then an awkward silence fell between the two of them. Neither of them knew what to say next and Eunhyuk could swear that Shindong was sulking when he looked at him. The pout on the older male’s face almost made Eunhyuk burst out in laughter ad he had to push his lips together not to start laughing out loud. However, then a sad smile came upon his face as he remembered how easily it was to get Donghae into his adorable, yet hilarious sulking mode. It was funny how such a small thing made him think about Donghae again.

“What’s with that miserable look?” then suddenly Shindong asked and Eunhyuk finally stopped spacing out.

“Oh it’s nothing,” he said and sighed. “I’m just tired. It’s been a long week after all,” Eunhyuk then added and Shindong nodded.

“Tell me about it,” said Shindong. “Well we can’t do anything about it I guess.”

Eunhyuk nodded in agreement. He then ordered himself another beer and by the time he finished it, it was already time for them to leave. Eunhyuk didn’t mind if he stayed a bit longer out since he had absolutely nothing else to do, but it was Shindong who had to be home, because his girlfriend called him that she needed him. So because that all that Eunhyuk could really do was to go home as well. He could stay at the bar if he wanted a little bit longer, because there was a girl who seemed to be very interested in him so he wouldn’t be really lonely. But just something about her put him off. He didn’t really know what it was, he just got very uncomfortable around her and that is why he went home.

Once it his apartment, Eunhyuk took his clothes and shoes off. He started walking around his apartment, thinking what he should do since it wasn’t so late for him to go to bed quite yet. In the end, he decided to make himself a dinner to keep himself busy for a bit. He cooked himself a simple sauce and then prepared pasta to go with it. When he was done with cooking, he made the table and served himself the food and then started eating. He had to admit it, it was pretty tasty. His cooking skills had gotten just a little bit better over the years! He knew that his mom would be really proud of him.

As he was finished with the meal, he went to his laptop and checked his email. He knew that there probably won’t be anything interesting since nobody ever wrote to him. Since he was expecting that, he was pretty surprised to see a new email from Shiwon. He was even more surprised when he read that the subject of the email was an ‘invitation’. Invitation to what?! Eunhyuk narrowed his eyes and then he thought of an idea that what might’ve been written in that email. Was Shiwon getting married?! Just as he was about to get depressed again, he shook his head and finally started reading the email.

 Hi, Eunhyuk!

How have you been? It’s been a while since we’ve last talked to each other. I wanted to call you, but I see that you changed your number again. You are a terrible friend, do you know that? You should at least tell me about that!

Well, the reason why I am writing to you is because I want to know if you are going to come to the class reunion this weekend? I don’t even know if you know about it, but hey… now you know. Now, before you say now let me just say that it is going to be really fun and it’ll be a pity if you don’t come. We haven’t seen each other in these past five years, so you should come! Not only that but I managed to get in contact with Junsu and he said that he was going to come. He also agrees with me that you if you won’t come.

I hope to hear from you soon and take care

Bye,

Shiwon.

PS: I would really appreciate if you would give me your new phone number. I mean seriously Eunhyuk…

“A reunion, huh?” said Eunhyuk to himself and then reread the email again.

Going to the reunion didn’t seem bad at all. Since Shiwon was his classmate in high school that would mean that he was going to be there as well. Not only him, but Junsu as well! When Eunhyuk remembered Junsu, a happy smile formed on his lips as the memories of his childhood started flashing in front of his eyes. He, Junsu and Donghae were best friends ever since childhood. However, Junsu moved away soon after high school ended and it would be really great to see him again after such a long time. Just as he was about to reply to Shiwon’s email, he remembered that Donghae was his classmate as well. His good mood suddenly disappeared and he sighed.

But even though he knew that Donghae was probably going to be there, he still wanted to go. It really would be great seeing both Junsu and Shiwon after such a long time. Especially Junsu. But what should he do about Donghae? Maybe he wasn’t going to come? Eunhyuk shook his head, knowing that that probably wouldn’t happen since Donghae was the type of person who liked these kinds of events. He rubbed his forehead and clicked with his tongue impatiently. He could just ignore Donghae at the reunion if he happened to run into him…

He suddenly wasn’t in the mood of writing back to Shiwon, so he just closed his laptop and went into his living room, where he watched some more TV before going to bed. However, that didn’t really help because after a long time, he was accompanied by Donghae in his dreams.

The next day at work, Eunhyuk looked absolutely miserable and Shindong noticed that right away. “What happened to you?” he asked as soon as Eunhyuk entered the room and Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, sitting down next to Shindong.

“Nothing serious,” he said and sighed. “Just an old friend of mine wrote to me yesterday.”

“Oh yeah? And what did he say?”

“He invited me to come to the class reunion,” finally said Eunhyuk and then sighed. He hoped that Shindong could give him some advice on what should he do.

“Oh that’s cool. I remember when I had mine, it was awesome. It is kind of funny seeing all of your old classmates gathered again,” said Shindong and was quiet for a few moments. “And what is wrong about that?”

“Well… Donghae was my classmate as well.”

“So?” asked Shindong and arched his eyebrow.

“If I go, I will see him,” tried Eunhyuk again, hoping that Shindong would finally understand what was bothering him.

“And what is so bad about that?” asked Shindong calmly.

“You know that I don’t want to see him,” he then said and rolled his eyebrow when Shindong scoffed.

“Well you can’t just avoid him forever. You’ll have to deal with this sooner or later and I suggest that you do it sooner,” said Shindong and gave his friend a warm smile. “You should go, you know. You’ll feel better after seeing your old friend. Plus maybe he won’t even come. A lot of people didn’t come on our class reunion.”

“Really?” asked Eunhyuk quickly and blinked a few times.

“Yes, really.”

“But what if he is going to be there?” went on by saying Eunhyuk.

“Well, then you would just have to deal with it. Just talk to him like you normally would. If it would get too difficult for you to handle the situation, then just walk away and ignore him… but that’s not the best strategy. And maybe if you’ll se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter