Back in the boring, everyday life

Don't wanna let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days later

It was just another boring day at work. Eunhyuk was sitting in front of his desk, pretending to be reading through the papers that his boss had asked him to put in order. However, in reality he was far from doing that since all that he could do was think about Donghae. But then he shook his head, knowing that it was for his best to concentrate on the work that he had been given. Ever since he returned back to work, Kim Heechul was giving him extra lot amount of work to do and Eunhyuk was kind of expecting something like that to happen. It was Heechul’s way of revenge for his absence the last week. Eunhyuk sighed and then smiled. It didn’t matter how much work he had to do because of that, because it was so worth it.

He then turned to Shindong, who was practically lying on top of his desk and Eunhyuk could tell that his friend was tired as well. He chuckled and then started reading the files of papers. But after a few minutes of doing so, he stopped and looked at Shindong again. He then smiled and leaned back in his chair. After his return, the first thing that he did was to go to Shindong and tell him everything that happened in that one week. Eunhyuk was expecting Shindong to tell him that he should leave Donghae alone, because that was what he was telling him all along. But surprisingly, the older male was happy for him and Eunhyuk was really glad for having such an understanding friend.

Eunhyuk spent a few more moments leaning back in his chair, until the door of Heechul’s office opened and he quickly straightened himself up and proceeded with his work. He could feel his boss’ eyes on him when he walked across the room. Eunhyuk saw how Heechul was carrying a huge pile of files and he could only hope that he wasn’t going to bring them to him. But he had no such luck. Eunhyuk’s eyes grew when the man placed the papers on his desk and then returned back to his office. At that point, Eunhyuk prayed that someone could save him from that misery and would just kill him. It would be less painful.

“Who does he think I am?!” snapped Eunhyuk and pointed at the papers. “There’s no way that I can sort all of this by the end of this day,” he then added and hid his face into his palms, shaking his head in desperation. He was tired. A lot.

“Are you okay?” asked Shindong, his voice sleepy and tired. Eunhyuk looked at Shindong and raised his eyebrows.

“Oh yeah, I’ve never been better,” said Eunhyuk, putting as much sarcasm as he could into his own words and he then sighed again. It wasn’t fair, life wasn’t fair. “What about you? You also look like .”

“Ah, thanks,” mocked Shindong, making Eunhyuk chuckle. “I want to die.”

“Same here.”

“Do you have any plans after we finish work?” asked Shindong suddenly and Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, knowing that Shindong was inviting him to go out drinking with him. Even though he didn’t have any plans, he really didn’t feel like going. First of all, he was too tired and all that he wanted to do that night was to lay in his bed and talk to Donghae. He was far too lazy to do anything else.

“I don’t know,” said Eunhyuk and shrugged. “I am really tired. Maybe, if I change my mind by the end of the day. Okay?” he then asked and looked at Shindong, who nodded because he understood his pain.

“Okay,” said Shindong and smiled at him, before paying attention to his work again.

Eunhyuk sighed and hid his face into his own palms, letting out a loud sigh which made Shindong chuckle. The man then shook his head and let out an annoyed groan. “Can someone just put me out of the misery and kill me?!” whined Eunhyuk and just as he was about to give into his depression completely, his phone buzzed. Thinking that it was his parents, Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. Great, that was just what he needed at that time. But after seeing Donghae’s name written on the screen of his phone, Eunhyuk felt how his stomach made a flip and warmth filled his heart. He saw that he had a new text from Donghae, so he quickly read it.

Hello, Eunhyuk and good morning... well it’s not morning anymore, but anyways :). How are you? How is work? I have an hour off for my lunch and it’s kind of boring eating all alone, so I decided to text you. Hope to hear from you soon, because I really miss talking with you. :)

Eunhyuk chuckled at Donghae’s text and he suddenly felt how all of the bad mood left his body. He knew that he should be working instead of texting with Donghae, but there was no way that he could restrain himself from replying to his lover. It would be just cruel getting back to work. Besides, he still had quite a lot of time before the work day was going to be over. With that logic, even though he still had a lot of work left to do, Eunhyuk smiled, hit the reply button and started writing Donghae a reply.

Donghae! I am okay, just busy a bit. But I don’t really want to talk about boring stuff like that with you. But because of you, I feel better now. How come that you’re eating alone? Where is Kibum? I know, I miss you a lot too. Oh and by the way, how are the twins?

Eunhyuk reread his reply a few times before sending it. After the text was finally sent, Eunhyuk took a deep breath in and rubbed his palms together, determined to finally get some work done. He took a few papers from the big pile on his right and started reading through them. But that didn’t last long, because as soon as Eunhyuk’s phone buzzed again, he immediately stopped with his work and he read a new text from Donghae.

I am sorry to hear that. It’s like that here too so I know how it feels. If you are busy, maybe we shouldn’t be talking right now? I don’t want to disturb you. Oh about Kibum… he really got Shiwon to apply for a job as a model in our company and they had really gotten close in these couple of days. So they are together now and I didn’t want to disturb them :P. The twins are good, but they keep asking when Hyukkie is going to come and visit up. They miss you as well ;).

Eunhyuk chuckled again and he then pressed his lips together. Who would have thought that Kibum and Shiwon would get so close? Eunhyuk then promised to himself that he had to call Shiwon and ask him all about what was going on between him and Kibum. After reading that he was being missed by the twins as well, his heart swelled with happiness and warmth. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun really were the most precious kids that Eunhyuk had known. He kept on staring at his phone and smiling for a couple more minutes and when he looked up, he noticed that Shindong was watching him with an amused face. The older male then wiggled his eyebrows, because he knew far too well to who his friend was talking to and Eunhyuk just rolled his eyes, making Shindong laugh out loud. Eunhyuk smiled as well and then tapped the reply button.

Don’t worry about it, you are not disturbing me at all. I’m rather talking to you than doing this that my boss had given me. Aw, that’s so sweet of them to be missing me. Tell them that I miss them as well. Tell them that they are going to see their Hyukkie really soon ;). Oh yeah, do you have some free time later this day?

They will be happy to hear that. And yes, you know that I have plenty of time when I’m at home. Why?

I was thinking about talking to you over the camera tonight. I miss seeing your face. What do you say?

Of course :P. I wanna see you face too, Hyukkie :D.

Hyukkie? Is this how you’re going to call me from now on?

Yes, why not? Don’t you like it? You like it when the twins call you that.

I don’t dislike it, Donghae. It’s just weird when you call me like that, lol.

Why?

Well because the boys are 4 and you are… too old to be calling me like that.

That is the stupidest argument that I have ever heard!

Throughout the whole time Eunhyuk had a big smirk on his lips. He had completely forgotten where he was and all that he knew was that he was really happy as he was chatting with the other one. It was true that the two of them were constantly chatting which each other, but they never had time to talk over the camera. So he was really excited to finally see Donghae’s face. He knew that it’s only been 3 days since the two of them parted, but it felt much, much longer to Eunhyuk. He wished that he could make the next month or so disappear, because he couldn’t wait to see the other one in person. Eunhyuk and Donghae kept on chatting for a few more minutes, until Eunhyuk was interrupted by Shindong who tapped his shoulder. Thinking that it was Heechul, Eunhyuk almost dropped his phone in fear. But when he saw that it was only Shindong, weight lifted off of his chest and he frowned when Shindong started laughing out loud.

“I’m jealous,” stated Shindong bitterly and then crossed his arms. “The two of you being so lovey-dovey. I want that too.”

Eunhyuk raised his eyebrows and he barely restrained himself from laughing out loud. “Umm, Shindong… don’t you have a girlfriend?” asked Eunhyuk carefully.

“I do,” sighed Shindong and then shrugged. “But we stopped being so lovey-dovey a long time ago and I miss that,” said the older one and leaned back in his chair. “It’s not fair,” he then added.

“You’re weird,” said Eunhyuk and shook his head.

“Thanks,” said Shindong. “And you call yourself my friend. Show more compassion for me.”

“Oh, I am so sorry,” said Eunhyuk playfully and tapped Shindong’s shoulder. “You are right, it was cruel of me to say that,” said the younger one over dramatically.

“That’s right,” said Shindong and then started laughing out loud. Eunhyuk was quick to join him as well. But their little fun was soon ruined when Heechul came by their office and they stopped laughing in an instant. Just before Eunhyuk got back to work, he wrote to Donghae saying, I have to go now. The boss is here now and I should really get some work done. But I will call you later. Also, can’t wait to talk to you today. I love you. Bye.

When Donghae finished work for that day, he first went to pick up the boys from the kinder garden, before they finally headed back home. He was in a really good mood that day. Not only that he finished work earlier that day, but he was also going to see Eunhyuk and he was really looking forward to that. But since he knew that there had to pass quite a lot time before that would happen, he decided to keep himself busy with playing around with the kids. They played various kinds of games and in the end when the boys were too tired to be running around the house, they decided to draw something. So, Donghae was sitting next to them and observing the two of them drawing.

“What are you going to draw, Kyuhyun?” asked Donghae softly his younger son and raised an eyebrow when the boy shook his head and started giggling.

“It’s a secret, daddy,” said Kyuhyun.

“Oh is that so?” asked the man and chuckled. “What about you, Ryeowook, what are you drawing?”

“Wook’s picture is going to be a present to daddy so it’s a secret,” said the older one and started clapping with his little hands excitedly.

“You also don’t want to tell me?” asked Donghae and pouted. “If you don’t tell me, I am going to be sad,” he teased the twins and turned around, pretending to be sad.

Ryeowook dropped a crayon from his hand and his eyes widened. Making his daddy sad seemed like the most horrible thing to the small boy and he scooted a bit closer to Donghae, tugging on the sleeve of his shirt. “Don’t be sad, daddy,” said Ryeowook with a small voice and Donghae immediately turned to Ryeowook. “We will tell, just don’t be sad.”

Ryeowook’s cuteness a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter