Focus on the future, not the past

Don't wanna let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yay, another chapter is here and much faster then the last time :P. I really want to apologise for not updating this fanfic for such a long time, but I was really busy with wiriting other stuff. Plus, I kind of got a writing block on this fanfic, so I didn't know where to go with it and decided to leave it for the time being. But all of that writing block had been taken care of and I will be updating this fanfic much faster, I promise.

Thank you for all of your support and I hope you'll like the chapter as well ^^

Saturday

It was in the middle of the day and both Eunhyuk and Donghae were getting ready to go out. Eunhyuk had made plans with Shindong and he invited Donghae with him as well, since he wanted the two of them to meet. The older male was very excited about the meeting, because the two of them were both really important to him, so he hoped that the meeting was going to go well. Knowing both of them really well, Eunhyuk had a feeling that Shindong and Donghae were going to get along pretty well, so he knew that he shouldn’t worry too much.

Donghae, who was going through his suitcase, pulled out a blue shirt and a pair of jeans. When he put the clothes on, he stepped in front of the mirror, fixed his hair and then smiled at his own reflection. He ran his teeth over his lower lip and gently touched the mirror, letting out a happy sigh. He was usually quite nervous when it came to meeting new people, because he wasn’t one of the most outgoing people in the world. However, this time it was different; Eunyhuk was going to be there. Not only that, but getting to know Shindong also meant getting closer to his lover as well. With that on his mind, Donghae stepped out of Eunhyuk’s bedroom and went into the kitchen, where he found Eunhyuk, who was already waiting for him.

“You look amazing, like usually,” commented the older male and stepped closer to the other, wrapping his arms around his waist, leaning closer to press their lips together a few times. Donghae smiled when they shared the soft and sweet kiss, the smile remaining on his lips when Eunhyuk pulled away.

“Oh come on,” said Donghae and bit his tongue. “You’re complimenting me far too much,” he then muttered and walked past the other. Ever since he got there, Eunhyuk had been showering him with compliments and that was something that Donghae wasn’t used to.

“You need to learn how to take a compliment,” said Eunyhuk softly and then followed Donghae. “Take me for example; I love it when people give me compliments. I mean, I know that I am amazing, but still, you know, it feels nice when people say good things to me.”

“Aren’t you humble?” teased Donghae and rolled his eyes; he knew it far too much how much Eunhyuk liked it when people complimented him, especially his looks. And it was true, the other deserved all of the compliments that he had gotten and more; he was amazing. Donghae, on the other hand, felt weird when people would give him compliments.

Eunyhuk smirked when he saw that Donghae appeared to be thinking hard about something, so he woke him up by taking his hand and dragging him towards the entrance door. Donghae’s train of thought was interrupted by that and his facial expression softened up when he saw Eunhyuk’s gummy smile.

“Let’s get going,” said Eunhyuk and stepped outside the apartment, Donghae following him as well, leaning against the wall as the other locked the door of his apartment.

“Yeah, we are already late,” said Donghae when he looked at the clock.

“That’s true,” said the older in agreement and took his phone out of his pocked when he felt it buzzing. He rolled his eyes when he saw that it was a text from Shindong, who was apparently waiting for them already. “Shindong’s already waiting for us, so we should really get going. He is just like you, he doesn’t like it when people come late.”

Donghae puffed his cheeks and frowned. “It’s not like I dislike it when people are late,” he said, making a short pause. He had a good excuse why he disliked that though, his mind darkening with memories of his late father as he continued to think about that matter. “I just dislike it when they don’t say that they were going to be late. I hate not knowing when people are and it makes me so worried, because it was the same with my dad-”

“I know,” said Eunhyuk and gave him a small smile and then gave him another kiss. “Now let’s go, okay?”

“Yeah,” said Donghae softly, his previous dark thoughts long forgotten when Eunyhuk teasingly pulled him into the elevator, attacking his lips when the door closed.

“You two finally decided to show up,” said Shindong, when the couple came and both of them bowed their heads in an apology.

“I know and we are both really sorry about that,” said Eunyhuk, still having Donghae’s hand in his own as they walked closer to the table, where Shindong was sitting. “Besides, you know that I am bad with coming on time and this time I came a lot earlier than usual,” teased the younger male, letting go of Donghae’s hand. “If it wasn’t for him, then I would be still stuck at my apartment, choosing which clothes to wear,” joked Eunhyuk, making Donghae chuckle at the process.

Shindong’s eyes travelled up when Eunyhuk pointed to the youngest male and then smiled, realising that the other was Donghae; the one that meant the world to his best friend. “Hello there,” said Shindong with a smile on his face and got onto his legs, extending his hand out to Donghae, who took it almost immediately. “I’m Shindong and you must be Donghae, right? I’ve heard so many things about you so it’s a pleasure to finally meet you in person.”

“Same,” said Donghae, his heart warming up as he shook the other’s hand. “I hope that you only heard good things about me,” he then added, earning a playful punch from Eunyhuk and a chuckle from Shindong, who sat down and leaned back in his chair.

“Of course,” said Shindong and watched how the other two sat down as well and then gently tapped Eunhyuk on the shoulder. “I’ve only heard great things so far,” he said. “You see, Eunhyuk here, talks about you all the time.”

“Hyung!” snapped Eunhyuk, his cheeks colouring themselves into a bright punk colour, Donghae’s soft laughter filling his eardrums. “There’s no need to embarrass me in front of Donghae,” he then whispered to the older male, but it was loud enough for Donghae to hear, bursting out into a much louder laughter.

It was precious to see Eunhyuk be so flustered and embarrassed; it was a rare thing to see so Donghae decided to make out the best of the moment and use it for later, to tease Eunhyuk when they would be alone. Eunyhuk was constantly teasing him, so it was amusing to see that the tables have been turned after a while.

“I think that we’ll get along quite fine,” said Donghae to Shindong and eyed at Eunhyuk, who was still sulking apparently. “I would really appreciate it if you would tell me more about Eunhyuk,” he then went on by saying and playfully bit his lower lip when he noticed that Eunhyuk’s eyes widened slightly. “Especially the embarrassing moments.”

“No worries, there’s a lot of those, so you’re in for a long story,” said Shindong, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

Eunhyuk didn’t say anything. Instead, he just stayed quiet, having his arms crossed on top of his shoulder as the other two continued poking fun at him. He kind of wished that Shindong would stop talking, because he was starting to share some really embarrassing moments from his life, but after a while, he decided to stop acting like a child and started laughing at himself and his stupid and embarrassing moments that he had made so far. Plus, the fact that Shindong was making Donghae laugh so much was also a bonus to Eunhyuk; Donghae’s laughter was both adorable and contagious.

Donghae was also having the time of his life. Hearing all of that somehow brought him and Eunyhuk closer, since he had gotten to know the older male a lot better. Plus, Shindong seemed like really a good guy, who loved joking around and Donghae liked that about other people. That was one of the reasons why he liked Eunhyuk so much as well; he never failed to make him laugh. Eunyhuk was right about everything, he and Shindong really had gotten along as soon as they met and he felt happy about making a new friend, especially because Shindong was so close to Eunhyuk.

After a while, the trio had changed he topic of their conversation and finally stopped poking fun at Eunhyuk. They talked about random things; their hobbies, ambitions in life and similar things. The more that they continued to talk, the more Donghae realised that he really had a lot of things in common with Shindong and he was really glad Eunhyuk introduced them. Eunyhuk noticed that Donghae was having fun and he couldn’t be happier about it. Seeing the two people that meant a lot to him getting along so well was really a blessing and he let out a happy sigh, taking Donghae’s hand into his own without even realising it.

“You know, the two of you are being so lovey-dovey that it’s making me jealous,” commented Shindong when he saw Eunhyuk holding Donghae’s hand. “But I am really glad that it worked out for you two,” went on by saying the eldest and sighed. “When I first got to know Eunhyuk, he was a mess. It was really rare for me to see him smile, but now he looks like a changed man.”

Donghae’s smile disappeared for a moment when he heard Shindong say that and he quickly looked down, his face burning up. Eunhyuk, on the other hand, pushed his lips together and looked at Shindong, giving him a warm smile. “I’m really happy that it worked out as well,” said Eunhyuk softly and gently squeezed Donghae’s hand. “It’s all thanks to you,” he muttered and looked at Donghae, who was still avoiding making eye contact with him.

“He really gets easily shy, just as you said,” said Shindong, laughing softly and then he took a sip of his drink. “But I really meant what I said.”

“W-well it was kind of my fault for turning him into a mess,” heard himself say Donghae and slowly lifted his gaze. “He had been in love with me for such a long time and looking back, I can see the signs. I can’t believe that I was so oblivious before. I mean, I got married and he was the first person that I told to. Not to mention, he was my best man. I don’t even know it how he managed to do it, without breaking down,” said the youngest man and chewed on his lower lip.

Eunhyuk’s heart shook when he heard that and he buried his fingers into his lover’s hair, gently caressing it. Donghae’s heart sped up at the process and he allowed himself to close his eyes just for a second before opening his eyes again. “It’s okay now, you shouldn’t be blaming yourself for that,” said Eunyhuk softly, the past long forgotten.

“But to think how much pain I caused you,” said Donghae and sighed. “I feel so bad about it.”

“Ah, sorry,” said Shindong and awkwardly scratched the back of his head, realisin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter