It's hard to say goodbye

Don't wanna let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was pacing around his apartment. He wasn't feeling nervous or something like that. No, he just had to keep himself busy with something, because if he wouldn't, he knew that he would start thinking about depressing things again. That day was Eunhyuk’s last day in the town and Donghae knew that he shouldn’t be too depressed about it, since they had already agreed to meet after a month or so. But at that moment, a month seemed like a life time to Donghae and he angrily threw himself onto his bed and let out a loud sigh. He wished that he could take some time off from his work to go and visit Eunhyuk earlier, but he couldn’t since he was entrusted with a very important project at work and he didn’t want to let down his boss.

Plus where the hell was Eunhyuk?! They had agreed to meet about an hour ago or so, but the other one was still nowhere to be seen. The older male said that he needed to say goodbye to Shiwon before coming over, but why did it take him so much time to say his goodbyes to his friend? Donghae sighed and closed his eyes. Yes, it was selfish of him to be thinking that way, but he couldn’t help himself. He didn’t want to waste those precious hours that they still had together.

Donghae tried to convince the other one to stay, but Eunhyuk couldn’t agree with him. No matter how much he hated his life and job there, he still wouldn’t leave it behind. Why was that? Younger one understood that Eunhyuk had friends there, but still… he should be more important than them, right? He slapped a palm against his forehead and slowly opened his eyes, wondering when he actually became like that. It wasn’t a right time and place to be jealous and he was well aware of that. Donghae then angrily pulled his phone out of his pocket, to check if the other one left him any texts. To his surprise, he had no new messages. What if something happened to Eunhyuk on his was to his place?

He pressed his lips together and rolled his eyes. If there was one thing that Donghae hated was waiting for other people. It was making him anxious and if he didn’t know where they were, he would always get worried about them. He had a good reason to worry as well. When he took another glance at the clock, he noticed that it was becoming late for too fast for his liking and his grip around his phone tightened. Just as he was about to send a text to Eunhyuk, the doorbell finally rang and the man was on his legs in the blink of an eye. He straightened his clothes and then hurried to the front door. He fixed his hair, making sure that it didn’t look messy. Then, he finally opened the door.

“Hello,” said Eunhyuk happily and let himself in. His right hand then went behind Donghae’s neck and he then gently pressed his lips over Donghae’s. “I am really sorry that I am late, I somehow got stuck at Shiwon’s,” added Eunhyuk when he noticed the unamused look on Donghae’s face and he chuckled. It was really easy for him to see in what kind of mood Donghae was, since he couldn’t never really hide his emotions well.

“Hey,” said Donghae and even though he was still annoyed with his lover, he kissed him back and a small smile shot across his face. “No, it is okay, really,” said Donghae and shrugged his shoulders. He then turned around and walked into the living room, Eunhyuk right behind him.

“Really?” asked Eunhyuk and placed his hands onto Donghae’s shoulders as they were walking. “You don’t even need an explanation?” he then asked with a chuckle and noticed how Donghae’s body tensed up. He bit his lower lip, to prevent himself from bursting into laughter. Just as he thought, Donghae really was upset with him.

“Yes I am totally cool with it, how many times do I have to tell you?” snapped Donghae and stopped walking. He then turned around and frowned when he noticed a big smirk on Eunhyuk’s lips. Wait… was he making fun of him again? “Well, it looks like you want to tell me anyway… so go on. Why were you late?”

Eunhyuk raised his eyebrows and then blinked a few times. “Wow you change your mind quickly,” commented Eunhyuk, making Donghae look away in anger. Since Donghae wasn’t saying anything, Eunhyuk slid his hands down and wrapped his arms around the younger male’s waist. He then buried his face into the crook of Donghae’s neck, making pleasing shivers run up his spine. Donghae slowly closed his eyes, as he waited for an explanation, and gasped when he felt Eunhyuk plant kisses all over his exposed nape. “Shiwon’s parents came over,” said Eunhyuk. “And no matter how hard I tried to go, they didn’t let me. You know how Shiwon’s parents are, right?”

Eunhyuk then pulled the other one tighter to himself and turned him around in his arms, so that they were finally facing each other. Or so they were, until Donghae looked down stubbornly. He knew that Eunhyuk had a point, but still it wouldn’t hurt to send him a text telling him that he was going to be late or something like that! When Eunhyuk noticed the cute pout on Donghae’s lips, he chuckled, held the other one’s chin and lifted his head so that he could press a kiss against those pouty lips.

“You know how I feel when I have to wait for people, without them telling me that they are going to be late,” said Donghae with a small voice and Eunhyuk’s eyes widened, finally understanding why Donghae was so angry with him.  “You should at least send me a text next time if you’re going to be late.”

“I am sorry, Donghae. I have completely forgotten about what happened to your dad,” whispered Eunhyuk and Donghae flinched when the man was mentioned. He tried his best to avoid talking about that subject. Eunhyuk felt how his heart dropped and he took a deep breath in, cupping Donghae’s face again. The other one smiled when the warmth of Eunhyuk’s soft palms welcomed his cheeks and he slowly lifted his gaze, looking right into Eunhyuk’s eyes.

“It’s alright,” whispered Donghae, feeling kind of guilty for making Eunhyuk feel depressed as well. “Now let’s go do something more fun,” then said Donghae, making Eunhyuk’s smile reappear.

“I would like that a lot,” said Eunhyuk and chuckled. “Have you made any plans of what we are going to do today?”

“Well I was thinking that we could go over to Hyosung’s to pick up the twins and then go with them somewhere. I mean you are leaving this evening, so I was thinking that we could spend some quality time with the boys,” said Donghae and looked at Eunhyuk, to see if the other one liked the plan or not.

“Oh I would love to spend some time with you and the boys,” said Eunhyuk happily. “But are you sure that Hyosung is going to be okay with it? I mean… the last the when she saw us together she wasn’t really thrilled to see me around you,” he then added and tilted his head to the side.

“Don’t worry about her,” said Donghae and took Eunhyuk’s hand into his own, their fingers intertwining. “I’ve already called her and made sure that she is okay with it. Plus just ignore her if she says something to you… I guess she is still kind of mad at us… you know for sleeping together on the day of our wedding.”

“I guess you are right,” said Eunhyuk.

“So then… should we get going?” asked Donghae and his eyes lit up when Eunhyuk nodded. The two of them then made their way to the front door, their hands never breaking contact. Eunhyuk then stepped outside and patiently waited that Donghae locked the door. When they were slowly walking downstairs, they ran into a young woman and a small boy, who was holding her hand. Eunhyuk quickly remembered the small boy, because he remembered that he and Donghae’s twins were playing once together. After taking a closer look at the young woman, he could see that she was the boy’s mother. Sara… wasn’t it?

“Hello,” said Eunhyuk and waved to her when he and Donghae walked past her and her son. She stopped walking and when she saw who was talking with her, she immediately smiled.

“Oh hello, Donghae and…” said Sara.

“Eunhyuk,” quickly introduced Eunhyuk himself and extended his hand.

“I’m Sara, nice to meet you,” she said and shook the man’s hand. “I saw you the other day when Donghae’s kids and my son were playing together in the park… right?”

“That’s right,” said Donghae, whishing that the conversation would be over soon.

“Mom, let’s go!” whined the boy and started dragging his mother forward. “Daddy is waiting outside. I want ice cream!”

“Jaehwannie, honey, please be quiet when mommy is talking,” said Sara and looked down at her son, who pouted and looked away.

“No it’s okay, we have to go anyway,” said Donghae and took Eunhyuk’s hand into his own, in attempt to drag him away.

“Oh,” said Sara, sounding disappointed. “Well it was nice to talk to you. It’s nice to see you happy for a change, Donghae,” she then added and smiled when she saw a light pink blush coloured Donghae’s cheeks.

“Right,” he said and then turned around. “Goodbye, then.”

“Bye-bye,” she said and before Eunhyuk was dragged away by Donghae, he managed to wave his goodbye to her and the boy.

When Donghae and Eunhyuk arrived to Hyosung’s house, the older one started having second thoughts again. He didn’t really know whether it was okay for him to go inside of Hyosung’s home or not. He knew that she had every right to hate him, so he didn’t want to make more problems for Donghae as well. When Donghae rang the doorbell and the two of them were waiting for the door to be opened, Eunhyuk quickly grabbed Donghae’s arm, making the younger male look at him.

“Maybe this wasn’t the best idea. I’ll go wait you and the boys by car,” said Eunhyuk, feeling kind of uneasy. Not only that he was worried about Hyosung’s reaction, but he also didn’t really know if he wanted to see her.

“Why? I said that it’s going to be okay. Plus if she is-” started Donghae, but was interrupted when the door was suddenly opened by Kyuhyun. The boy looked up and when he saw Eunhyuk and Donghae standing in front of him, his eyes lit up and he happily clapped with his hands, excited to see Donghae and his so-called best friend.

“Hi, daddy and Hyuk!” said Kyuhyun cheerfully and waved to the two men.

“Kyuhyun!” said Donghae happily and Eunhyuk chuckled as he watched how the man picked up his son. Donghae then kissed Kyuhyun’s cheek and ruffled his hair, making the boy giggle with joy. “I’ve missed you so much. Now that I am here… are you ready to have some fun with us?” asked Donghae and pointed to himself and Eunhyuk.

Kyuhyun nodded eagerly in response and extended his little arms out when he saw Eunhyuk. “Hyuk, hi!” said Kyuhyun, leaning a little bit forward and Eunhyuk knew what the boy was trying to do. Eunhyuk stepped closer to Donghae and took Kyuhyun into his own arms. As soon as Kyuhyun found himself in Eunhyuk’s arms, he threw himself around the man’s neck, making Eunhyuk’s eyes widen. Warmth filled his heart and his smile grew even wider. This was a new experience for him and he liked it.

Donghae chuckled when he saw the scene in front of him. He was happy to see that his boys, especially Kyuhyun were getting along with Eunhyuk. It really did feel like a dream come true. Eunhyuk took a glance at Donghae and sent him a wink, when he noticed that the other one was observing him.

“Daddy!” was heard from their right and when they looked at that way, they saw Ryeowook standing there. “Wook is all ready to go and have fun,” announced the boy and patted his chest proudly. Donghae chuckled and caressed his hair.

“Me too,” said Donghae. “We are going to have lots of fun… right Hyukkie?” asked Donghae playfully.

Eunhyuk felt how his body warmed up when Donghae called him like that, but he nodded anyway. “Yes,” said the older one and placed Kyuhyun onto the floor. Eunhyuk then watched how Ryeowook came closer and those big eyes wouldn’t stop looking at him. “Is something wrong, Ryeowook?” asked Eunhyuk.

“Wook wants a hug too,” said the older twin. Eunhyuk smiled, got onto his knees and allowed the boy to hug him. Meanwhile, Donghae looked around and frowned when Hyosung was nowhere to be seen. Where the hell was she?!

“Kyuhyun, where is mommy? She isn’t home?” asked Donghae, a little bit worried at that point. Who would allow their kids to open the door to strangers?!

“Mommy is home,” said Kyuhyun, making the man feel a little bit relieved. Just as Donghae was about to ask another question, the woman finally made it to the door, not looking to happy when she saw Eunhyuk present there as well.

“Hello Donghae,” said Hyosung and then looked at the other one. “… and Eunhyuk.”

Eunhyuk knew that his presence was unwanted, so he just awkwardly waved to the woman and then started paying attention to the boys again, who were telling him where they should go. Donghae, on the other hand, sighed because he wanted to leave as soon as possible. “Hi,” he said and looked at his ex-wife. “Well, I guess we’ll be leaving now. I’ll bring them back around six, okay?”

“Wait. I need to have a word with you,” said Hyosung and looked at Eunhyuk. When Donghae saw that, he rolled his eyes and shook his head. Fine, he will talk to her about Eunhyuk… but not in front of him.

“Eunhyuk,” muttered Donghae and Eunhyuk looked at him. “Take the twins to the car and wait for me there. I and Hyosung need to… talk,” he said and sighed. Eunhyuk looked at the woman and pushed his lips together. He knew it… he should’ve waited Donghae in the car. Because he didn’t want to make a scene, he nodded and turned to the twins.

“You know what… your mommy and daddy are going to ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter