W for Wendy

From A to Z: My Story of Krystal Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In college, I had a group of good friends. It consisted of 6 guys and two girls. The guys were Jinyoung, Jaebum, Jackson, Taehyun, Seungyoon, and me. The girls were Seulgi and Wendy. At first, we teamed up as a group project in the first semester. After doing the project together for about two months, we have found the chemistry between us. Since then we're not only a group project but also became a study group, hang out group, and group for adventuring Daejeon. We were studying together and also sharing about everything together. We all had great chemistry even until Taehyun and Wendy became an item.

Krystal knew all of them, because I often told her that I was currently with them when we're chatting or talking on the phone. She even has met them when she visited me in Daejeon. We hung out together and because Krystal was naturally friendly, she didn't have a hard time to bond with my friends especially with the girls. Even sometimes, I saw they had friendly interaction in social media.

One day, my friends and I just had dinner and drink together in newly opened cafe, minus Taehyun because he had to go home since his mom was sick and hospitalized. Because of that as well, I offered to accompany Wendy to her dormitory since mine wasn't far from hers and it's already late at night. Wendy received my offer, so I walked her home. While walking, we talked about some projects and coming up tests that we'd have.

In the middle of conversation, she got a phonecall. We stopped for a while and in an instant, I knew it was Taehyun who's calling. I suddenly became panic when I saw Wendy sobbed.

"Wendy, what's wrong?"

"Sehun... Taehyun...Taehyun," She couldn't even speaking properly and making me more panicked.

"Calm down, Wendy. What's wrong with Taehyun?"

"He's crying. Oh my God, poor him. Her mom has just passed away."

My heart skipped a beat hearing that and Wendy even was crying harder. I couldn't say anything and only put my hand around her shoulders. I her arm to calm her a bit but she kept crying. I decided to hug her and she cried on my chest until I didn't know for how long.

The next day, all of my friends including me went to Taehyun's house at the early morning. Even though that was Sunday but we decided to go there earlier because we had many works to do. We spent the time to accompany Taehyun for about three hours in the funeral home.

From Taehyun's mom's funeral, I went to library to find some books for my project. While doing my project, I occasionaly checked my cellphone and then furrowed my eyebrow when there's no chat message from Krystal. On the way home to library, I tried to call her but I even felt weirder when I found out her phone was not active. I kept trying to call her every fifteen minutes before deciding to call Jessica noona instead.

"Oh Noona," I said when I heard her hello.

"What's up lil bro?" She said excitedly.

"Is Krystal home?" I asked carefully.

"No. She's been in Sulli's home since last night. She hasn't told you?" She answered casually and made me relaxed because I knew Krystal was okay.

"No. Her phone is off. I'm gonna call Sulli after this. Thanks, Noona."

"Just like this huh? Buy me something from Daejeon when you're back." I heard a threat in her tone.

I laughed. "Noted. Bye for now, Noona."

I hung up then tried to find Sulli's number. I called my girlfriend's bestie for five times but she didn't pick my call. I finally chatted her to ask Krystal to turn her phone on. But after waiting for an hour I only got a simple reply 'yes' from Sulli and to my surpise Krystal's phone still off.

I got more frustrated because I missed my girl so bad. I was holding the urge to throw my things everytime I only heard an operator's voice from Krystal's phone. I called Sulli's number again and like finally she picked in my third attempt.

"Yah Sulli. Has Krystal slept already?"

"Do you know what time is it huh? Geez, you wake me up you know?"

"I just wanna talk to Krystal. Is she okay?"

"You think?" Sulli's voice sounded cold.

There's the time I felt something bad was actually happening.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter