N for Naengmyeon

From A to Z: My Story of Krystal Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After Krystal becoming Myungsoo sunbae's girlfriend, I literally avoided her. I just couldn't bring myself to face her or maybe to accept reality that my bestfriend was belong to someone else.

I didn't talk to her for a week. Okay we've talked through any chatting applications but not as long as before. Until...that day, when my door suddenly was knocked by someone in the afternoon.

My mom who would go to her friend's house yelled at me to open the door. My eyes were about to jump when I saw Krystal standing in my porch and she was still in her uniform. She always told me before when she was heading to my home, that's why I didn't expect to find her when I opened the door.

"Krystal?"

"Hi," she said weakly then smiled. But I knew she forced herself to give me that smile.

We stood and looked at each other awkwardy for a while.

My mom suddenly appeared and thanked to her for breaking the silence. "Oh Krystal? Long time no see! Why are not coming in? Come Dear, I've made naengmyeon!"

I tilted my head to give Krystal sign to come in. When we were inside my home, my mom asked me to help her prepared the naengmyeon and forbad Krystal who offered to help. She was seating in our dining table, when my mom and I prepared the foods.

"Krystal, please enjoy the food," my mom said while putting two bowls of naengmyeon, for me and Krystal.

"I'll definitely enjoy it, Aunt's foods always tasteful," she said and finally I saw her sincere smile. "Oh will you go out? You look more beautiful than usual."

"Ah you've noticed. Yes, I have reunion with some old friends. Are you gonna study together with Sehun? Please have fun! Sehun, take care okay?"

"Yes mom!"

 

After my mom was out, the silence came again. We sat facing each other, but our eyes were on the naengmyeon.

I cleared my throat and tried my best to see her face. "What's wrong?"

She lifted her head and our eyes met. Her face didn't have any expression. "I hate you."

She said that softly but it gave a big impact to me. My heart was like being shot by a hundred bullets. Never in million ways I've ever thought Krystal would say that to me.

I was speechless didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter