Chapter 4

Falling For You

Hello, guys! Author's back! Anyone miss me here? No? Okay. 

Well, here's the fourth chapter. Hope you like it. Please comment x)

 

***

 

“So, your uncle actually didn’t dump you, but he’s actually looking for the right teacher for you?” The tanned boy said and drink his coffee. His first answer since the other boy ended his story.

“Yeah. I should thank my uncle for his effort,” The owl-eyed boy smiled a little. It feels nice to have a simple talk with the person who hate you.

“Well, since I don’t know what to say, just good luck for your study and I hope the best for your dad’s business,” The tanned boy smiled awkwardly.

“Thanks,” Both of them smiled to each other. For the first time.

“Hmm, Kyungsoo?”

“Yes, Jongin?”

“I’m sorry,”

 

***

 

“Where have you been?” Chanyeol asked Jongin as he enters their apartment.

“Just…..walking for a bit,” Jongin said lightly and walked to the kitchen. Chanyeol followed him and sit at the kitchen counter.

“Walking for a bit my . It’s two ing hours. I wish I was you, tho. Where have you been?” Chanyeol once again asked Jongin that is now drinking a cold water from the refrigerator.

“I met Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol was shocked a little. Jongin never calls Kyungsoo with his real name. He always called him with hurtful nicknames.

“You mean that shortie?”

“Uh-huh. I don’t know that he’s a nice person. He’s fun,” Jongin said while positioning his on the chair beside Chanyeol.

“What the heck happened to you, man? You suddenly complimented him. This isn’t normal. What did that shortie did to you? He used sorcery!” Chanyeol tapped both sides of Jongin’s cheeks repeatedly. Jongin grunted and take Chanyeol’s hands away from his cheeks harshly. His bestfriend is seriously an idiot.

“Sorcery my . He is indeed nice. I somehow regret what I have done to him in the past,” Jongin shrugged and left the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol is still frozen until Sehun enters the kitchen while staring at him. He waved his hands in front of Chanyeol’s face. Chanyeol snapped back to reality and grabbed Sehun’s shoulders tightly.

“What now? Let go of me, you ugly giraffe!” Sehun tried to pull his body from Chanyeol, but the other tightened his grab.

“Our precious baby Jongin is in love,” Sehun rolled his eyes at Chanyeol’s idiotness and sighed.

“What in love, hyung? He never liked someone in his whole life,”

“Well, he just met shortie today, and he suddenly complimented him. How can you not call that in love?” Chanyeol widened his eyes and tightened his grab—again—to Sehun’s shoulders.

“What? He met shortie and complimented him?” Sehun widened his eyes—a little—following Chanyeol.

“Yes!”

“How can you call that ‘in love’, hyung?” Sehun poked Chanyeol’s forehead with his index finger.

“Hey! That’s not polite!”

“Whatever you say, Yoda,”

 

***

 

“Well, it’s awkward to say this. But, hi. We met again,” Jongin said half-heartedly. The other only gave him a simple smile.

“This is my uncle’s café. I work here for my side job. Well, my uncle only paid for my school, not my daily need,” Kyungsoo handed Jongin a menu, with many delicious-looking cakes pictures on it. Jongin reads it carefully.

“That is the new cakes from our café. You can choose one, it’s free because today is the first day to serve this menu,” Kyungsoo tried his best to smile. Just by talking a little yesterday, doesn’t mean he can forget what Jongin did to him just like that.

“I think today is my lucky day. Can I have this one, please?” Jongin pointed to one of the cakes. Kyungsoo nodded and left.

The café’s doorbell rang as a giant enters the café.

“Wow, what a nice café. You chose the right one, buddy,” The giant, or Chanyeol, said happily as he sit on the seat in front of Jongin.

“This, at the exact same table, I have a convo with him,” Chanyeol paused. It has been two days since the ‘I-met-Kyungsoo’ incident. But Jongin is just not tired to talk about that.

“Oh, great. Anyway, what’s wrong with you? You are talking about him, like, everyday. Are you in love with him or something?” Chanyeol’s facial expression is showing that he is really expecting Jongin to answer his question. But when Jongin opened his mouth, a cute guy appeared with a plate of cake in his hand.

He’s shocked as he saw Chanyeol—staring at him with his wide eyes—in front of Jongin, “H-here’s your cake,”

He is cursing in his head because his hand is trembling.

“You work here, shortie? I thought you are studying ‘something’ to continue your dad’s business,” Chanyeol scoffed. ‘He didn’t change’ Kyungsoo thought.

“He is indeed having a study here. This is his uncle’s café. This is his side job,” Jongin said, even before Kyungsoo got a change to open his mouth.

“Wow, are you his stalker or something? You even know that this café is his uncle’s,” A second after he finished his sentences, Chanyeol got a slap from Kyungsoo.

“He’s not my stalker. I told him right before you got here,” Kyungsoo cleaned his hand—the one he used to slap Chanyeol—with a napkin. Chanyeol stared at the scene in front of him with disbelief, while Jongin only stayed silent.

“What did the Japanese teach you until you slapped me?” Chanyeol stands up from his seat, fist balled, ready to punch the short guy in front of him, but Jongin pulled him.

“Let’s just leave,” Jongin pulled Chanyeol to walk outside the café. He turned his head and mumbled a ‘Pack the cake for me’ to Kyungsoo. He only nodded on what Jongin mumbled.

 

Kyungsoo is now packing the cake for Jongin. Even if he doesn’t know when will Jongin get his cake.

“Who’s that guy?”

“Oh! Minseok hyung, you’re shocking the out of me. Which guy?” Kyungsoo eyed Minseok that is walking towards him.

“The one who saved you from the giant boy,” Minseok chuckled. Kyungsoo processed Minseok’s words. ‘The one who saved you,’ then he chuckled and his mouth shaped an ‘O’.

“Just my crush at high school back then,”

 

Jongin saved me. For the first time.

 

***

 

This is short, tho. Sorryyyyyyy