Can we really do this?

Girls' Generation 2022

"Ahh I have been so sick nowadays", Yuri confesses to her manager, "this fever just won't go down and I am tried of hiding it".

"You wouldn't have to do that if you took better care of yourself", her manager insists, "you use to be the healthiest person I know which was pretty annoying, now your...well like this now".

Yuri sighs before throwing a pillow at her, "Look I have just been super busy and haven't had time for me".

"Then maybe some vacation time is needed right now", she suggests with a smile.

Yuri pouts as she thinks about the idea, "I can't right now, with everything happening right now, there is no way I can".

Her manager shakes her head, "You're just waiting until Taeyang takes his vacation time aren't you", Yuri giggles before the pillow she threw earlier is returned and she falls over.

____________

"So what are we doing here?" Taeyeon asks as the other girls look around the parking lot, "and why does it have to be SM's parking lot".

"Well, you see", Yuri starts to explain giggling.

"Just spit it out", Sooyoung insists.

"SM is the one place no would expect us so I am thinking this should be where we meet from now on", Yuri explains, "yeah it is a lame idea, but there is really tight security here and this is a underground parking lot where only employees who have signed contracts to keep there yaps shut park".

"And well, I am pretty busy with the groups comeback and is now bound to this building", Sunny adds with a sigh, "I am sorry guys".

"It's okay, it is just a little overwhelming being back here again", Tiffany comments with a smile, "I mean the buidling has changed, much bigger than the last but it's still SM".

"I wish I could take you guys on a tour, the inside is beautiful and really comfortable for the idols when they need to rest", Sunny says with a sigh, "next time when I have time I will".

Everyone nods before taking a seat in chairs that were already there when they got there.

"So what's this meeting about?" Seohyun asks, "I don't have much time, I have to make it back before fourth period".

Sooyoung nods, "Okay, I am just going to throw it out there okay", she takes a deep breath then releases it, "I want Girl's Generation to become one again, maybe we can never be on stage as nine again but there is hope for eight, if you guys agree that is".

Everyone goes silent as they look at each other, "I don't know what to say", Tiffany confesses, "I would love to...but can we really".

"I know it might be hard but I am hoping our fans will be happy about this", Yuri sighs, "maybe even just as excited as I am right now".

"We don't own the name Girls' Generation though, and I am sure we won't just get it like that", Yoona's expression tightens, "if we are really serious about this, we will have to buy our name from SM".

"That is true", Seohyun says with nod, "I have a good amount of money saved up but I am working on a teacher's salary now".

"It's no problem Seohyun", Tiffany assures her, "we are all in this together after all".

"Dibs on deciding the moves for our comeback which I assure you all will be awesome", Hyoyeon says grinning from ear to ear, "we will need to decide on a powerful song that will take the everyone by surprise".

"Something that shows just how much we have matured as women", Tiffany adds, "maybe something really y".

"A song with powerful vocals!" Taeyeon exclaims surprising everyone who bursts into fits of laughter when her face starts to turn red.

"So we are really going to do this?" Sunny says still in disbelief.

"I am going to ask Jessica about joining us again", Yoona announces making everyone go silent and turn to look at her, "I just can't give up...not yet....I know she feels the same way as us deep down".

"We would understand if she doesn't want to though", Yuri says resting her hand on Yoona's shoulder, "feeling like she was kicked from the group and then going through that terrible incident with us, I wouldn't blame her one bit".

"Yeah", Sooyoung nods in agreement, "after that day despite being who we are today, women who have moved on, we didn't dare leave our homes for almost half a year unless needed".

Yoona steps back, "I undestand what you are saying but....we have to move on, we can't let something like that affect us forever, if it does...then...that girl will be getting exactly what she wants", before they could say another word to her, Yoona grabs her bag before hurrying off towards the exit.

"Let her go", Taeyeon insists holding a worried Tiffany back.

__________________________

"The office here seems to be in good shape but I will need to see all the background information for the emloyees", Jessica demands sitting around her desk, "a couple of people looked a bit shady".

Xiao Yu giggled, "I think you may be over thinking it, but nonetheless I will get them to you by the end of the day".

Jessica nods, "Also the plan pertaining to explanding the business is going well so you can approve of that charity ball next week", she adds and Xiao Yu nods.

There is knock at the door while Jessica looks through documents on her laptop.

"I am sorry to disturb you miss", the head of security for the building says after deeply bowing, "but the actress Im Yoona, is downstairs", Jessica who wasn't really listening, looks up at the man after hearing her name, "the workers at the front desk have told her she needs an appointment to see you but she refuses to leave".

Xiao Yu looks at Jessica who has yet to say anything, "I will come down and handle it".

"No, I will go see what she wants so that she can leave", Jessica gets to her feet and makes her way pass the man and Xiao Yu.

The moment the elevator doors open she spotted Yoona sitting near the water fountain with a grim expression on her face.

"What do you want Yoona?" she demands walking over to her with a straight face.

"Can we talk over some coffee, in private if possible?" Yoona begs looking at Xiao Yu who nods with a smile.

"I will go take care of the arrangements for the ball".

There is five minutes of silence as both girls wait for their coffee to come.

"I think you should just tell me what you want so that I can get back to work", Jessica insists taking a sip of her's.

"Do you really hate us that much?" Yoona questions looking directly at her.

She hesitates before answering, "I don't...but that doesn't mean I want to see you eight either".

Yoona sighs, "Unnie, we were really sad when you left, it wasn't solely up to us and we only wanted the best for the group...Tiffany and Seohyun cried until their eyes swelled we all did....we couldn't let the fans see that though so we tried our best to be strong", Jessica flips her hair and contiues drinking her coffee, refusing to listen, "after you left, we tried our best to come up with a solution that would allow you to return to us...but there was none...so...we just moved on".

"Stop acting like I was thought about after I left!" Jessica exlaims getting to her feet.

"Unnie!" Yoona shouts before clutching onto her arm, "why are you being like this!".

Jessica glares at her, "All I want is just for you all to leave me alone so I can move on with my life and not be annoyed when I have to come here".

Yoona looks down at the hand she has on her arm, which she slowly lets go of then watches as she storms away leaving her behind.

"Unnie", she mutters before coughing.

"See I told you it would be useless", when Yoona turns she is surprised to see Taeyeon standing behind her with a forced smile, "I know she doesn't hate us, despite how she acts but you have to accept that she is no longer the same Jessica we knew".

Yoona looks at her with a sad expression as realization dawns on her, "I guess she really isn't....the Jessica I knew has such a caring heart despite people calling her the ice princess, in a situation like that she would be the first to give up on the fight and demand I buy her a cupcake or something", a tear falls from her eye before Taeyeon wraps her arms around her.

"It's okay Yoona, everyone has changed in one way or the other", Taeyeon reassures her, "we will be fine", she adds before her attention turns to the direction that Jessica walked off into, "it will be okay".

____________________

"Come on Sarah, say hi to daddy", Tiffany says holding the phone close to the baby, "sorry I guess she is still upset that you haven't made it home yet".

Nichkhun laughs, "Are you sure she is upset and that it is not you". Tiffany pouts, "I will be back in two days.....I miss you two so much", he confesses with a sigh, "just so that I don't go insane I look at that photo you sent me of both of you".

"Okay, I won't be sad any more", Tiffany agrees.

"So how is the Girls' Generation reuion going?" he asks.

Tiffany gives the baby to the maid to put down for her nap, "Alright I guess, I mean we are really excited about probably making a comeback as a group again but at this point I don't know what will happen....Jessica still hates us, we will have to work out something with SM about our name and I don't know how fans will take it...I mean a lot of them think that we betrayed each other and them in some way or the other".

Nichkhun smiles, "You and those eight girls are strong, you guys will be alright", he assures her and she sighs.

"So how is the tour going?" Tiffany asks looking behind him to get some kind of clue where he is, "has any girls asked you to divorce me and marry them yet".

She hears a manly snicker in the background, "I don't think I will be able to fight them off for much longer, but don't worry, you're the only girl I will ever love".

Tiffany blushes a bit, "I will talk to you later, go to bed early and get some sleep", she smiles, "and tell Taecyeon it is time he gets a girlfriend...is he still dating that chinese girl...what was her name again...wuyingjie?"

"Wah you actually remembered her name?" Taecyeon questions in surprise as he pushes Nichkhun aside and takes his position.

"Of course I do, what kind of friend do you think I am", she insists giggling.

"She is doing alright....working as usual and still mischievious", Taecyeon confesses, "after the tour we are going on a vacation together".

"What happened to your rival?" she asks, "you know that guy that confessed to her the other day".

Taecyeon sighs, "He is still pretty persistent, I mean he has been her friend for years, I don't know how I can compete with that but I am going to try".

"Look that is enough for tonight, get some sleep too baby", Nichkhun says pushing Taec away before blowing a kiss at her and signing out.

"Those boys are as energentic as ever", she comments as she gets up and then starts up the stairs.

______________________________

"What?!" Yuri exclaims before falling back against Sooyoung who catches her.

"We would have to pay how much?" Sooyoung questions holding Yuri up.

Sunny sighs, "Yeah I know that it is a lot but that's what they are asking for....remember our name is pretty big".

"Thats like my whole life savings", Yuri mutters, "I would have to sell all my belongings and it still wouldn't be enough.....maybe if I sold Taeyang hmm".

"Look there is nine of us, I mean eight...we should be able to put together the amount", Taeyeon insists.

"Maybe we should just forget about this all", Seohyun suggests.

"I know it might sound hard but I know we can do it", Yuri says getting to her feet.

"I wonder if the newly appointed wicked witch of the west is just waiting to see us fail", Hyoyeon throws a rock into the pond and Yoona sits quietly on the bench.

"Come on, calm down it isn't her fault the amount is so high", Tiffany insists with a sigh.

"What the heck happens now?" Hyoyeon asks in frustration.

Sunny gets to her feet with a pained expression as the others argue and way their options.

"Guys....I .....".

"We should share the cost equally", Yuri suggests, "except for Seohyun who is now on a music teacher salary".

"I feel sort of weird guys", Sunny says in a low voice which no one hears.

"How much does a music teacher even get?" Hyoyeon questions looking at Taeyeon who shrugs.

"Enough to survive and enjoy what I do", Seohyun replies, "unnie it is just the right amount and I budget what I spend so that I can cover my expenses".

Everyone except for Yoona who is still lost in her thoughts sigh. There is a loud thud that catches all their attention, when they turn to see where it came from they find  Sunny in pain on the ground.

"Unnie, are you alright?" Yoona asks alreadying panicing.

"It...hurts...my tummy", Sunny manages to mutter.

"Come on we need to get her to the hospital", Sooyoung insists as both she and Yuri helped her to her feet and made their way towards the car.

"We will be following behind then", Taeyeon says opening her own car.

Two minutes later, both cars were speeding on the highway towards the hospital that was about twenty minutes away if the speed limit was followed.

"Are you going to kill us before we even make it to the hospital!" Seohyun exclaims holding on to the seat when Yuri swirved around a car.

Yuri speeds up even more without even a glance at Seohyun, "She is pregnant, we have to hurry!" from the expression on Seohyun's face, Sooyoung knew she didn't know.

"Wah, Yuri really is putting the petal to the metal", Taeyeon says trying her best to keep up with her.

"And this is why I don't drive with unnie when she is late", Yoona mutters, "she was the reason I lost my lunch so much back then".

"Well hold on to it right now because I just cleaned the car", Taeyeon says before pressing her foot on the gas.

In a crowd the members rushed into the hospital with Sunny in the middle, now holding her stomach.

Sooyoung takes a deep breath, "Can someone please help, she is pregnant and feeling pain in her stomach".

The doctors present nodded before Sunny is placed in a wheel chair and rushed off, the girls follow behind with worried expressions

___________

"Jessica...ah I mean...ah nevermind, check this out", Xiao Yu says cutting her meeting with a potential investor who luckily didn't know korean short.

Jessica's eyes widen as she read the headline, "Ex Girls' Generation member Sunny in hospital suffering from a serious sickness", she says before pushing pass Xiao Yu who bows to the client and starts to explain the situation to him.

Meanwhile Jessica is running towards the elevator that closes the minute she gets to it, unwilling to wait for the others that were also taking way too long she decides to use the emergency stairs. Only stopping when she is face to face with her drive who is shocked to see her.

"Ms, I thought you had a meeting", he says as she climbs into the car, not waiting for him to open the door himself.

"Take me to Seoul University Hospital", she demands and from the expression on her face he decides not to ask and just did what she says.

The moment she arrives Jessica hurries out the car and into the hospital, not stopping till she reached the hallway where she spots the seven girls she once called sisters standing, some sitting with worried expressions.

Yoona is the first to see her but just looks at her with a expression of disbelief followed by Seohyun.

"Unnie, what are you doing here?" Seohyun questions and the others turn to look at Jessica also wearing similar confused expressions.

"Is she okay?" Jessica asks, her voice cracking, "is Sunny okay?!"