Reunite?

Girls' Generation 2022

"Wow, she just ignored us", Sooyoung comments as each member took a seat in the small cafe.

"What else did you expect", Hyoyeon adds, "despite being the first to leave, she still had to go through that terrible ordeal with us five years ago"

Remembering the past everyone went silent before Yoona's manager walked in with a not too pleased look on her face.

"Yoona, not to seem rude but I think it would be a good idea for you to come and greet the director and writer of this new drama", she insisted, "now come on".

Yoona sighed and nodded before her manager turned and walked out, "I should go".

"Well my manager and Yuri's as well said this wasn't planned at all", Taeyeon explains, "actually she hadn't discussed it with the other agencies yet, which they were planning on doing next week".

"So this is just all a big coincidence", Sunny concludes looking at everyone with a look of disbelief.

"I know right, hard to believe", Tiffany says plopping down beside her, "the person I really didn't expect to see was Jessica, I mean isn't she living in Hong Kong with her husband, she being here the same time as us is amazing".

"How about having dinner tomorrow night", Yuri suggests, "I mean if you guys want to that is".

"One dinner wouldn't hurt", Tiffany says with a smile.

Everyone else nods in agreement, "Well then I will call each of you with the details later".

Yoona heads to the door, but before she leaves she turns and smiles at everyone, "I am really glad that we all met again", then she leaves.

That night as everyone returned home, they hearts felt as heavy as ever, with thoughts of their past running through their minds. 

 

"Mommy!" Hae-won exclaims running into Yoona's arms.

"Your finally home", Seunggi says walking towards her with a wide smile.

Yoona couldn't hold in her happiness as she threw herslf into his arms and he tightens his hold around her.

"I missed you so much", she confesses, "I am going to put you on house arrest".

Seunggi laughs as they slightly part, just enough to face each other, their arms still wrapped around each other, "Oh really, I think that will be a little hard when you will be gone everyday to shoot your new drama with Jo In Sung".

She smiles, "Fine I will put you on Yoona arrest".

He laughs before giving her a quick peck on the lips, "People will think I switched careers and became your manager".

"That doesn't seem so bad, actually a really great idea", Yoona insists giggling.

"What are you guys doing out there, the food is getting cold", Yoona's sister says leaning against the door jam with a smirk.

"Mommy and daddy are flirting with each other again", Hae-won says walking pass with a smile.

Seunggi and Yoona look at each other before bursting into laughter and running after the little girl who immediately took off when she saw her parents coming. Before long, they caught the little girl who was now laughing uncontrollably as Seunggi and Yoona tickled her all over.

As they ate fruits around the table, Hae-won told them all about her day with her friends but Seunggi got distracted when he realized Yoona was spacing out.

"What's wrong honey?" Seunggi leans over and whispers to a surprised Yoona.

She smiles, "Am I being too obvious?" she asks and he nods his head.

"I met the other members today", she confesses loud enough for her sister to hear, "I don't know if it was fate but all nine of us were at KBS today for some reason or the other and just met".

"Wow, that is amazing", her sister comments in between bites, "I mean, you girls haven't been in one place for five years now".

Yoona nods, "I know, today was just so overwhelming", she adds with a sigh.

 

Jessica holds a glass filled with red wine as she looks out the hotel window at the lights of Seoul. She just couldn't understand why all the members of her old group were all in one place, despite not visiting Korea a lot she heard from Krystal that that the girls rarely contacted each other. She knew they saw each other every once in a while at a award show here or a movie premiere there but they have never been seen together after that day five years ago. No matter how hard she tried she just couldn't forget their shocked expressions when they saw her.

"Jessica", her secretary and long time friend Xiao Yu calls joining her at the window, "you have been out of it since the meeting at KBS, what's wrong?"

Jessica shakes her head, "Nothing, I saw some old friends today, I was just thinking about them".

Xiao Yu looks at her confused, "But we were together the whole time, when did you see them?"

Jessica laughs, "Of course leave it up to you to be so into work that you didn't even notice the whole awkward reunion between the nine of us.

"Wait, do you mean that you saw the other eight ex-members of Girls' Generation?" Xiao Yu questioned, "that must have been surprising".

"Yeah it was", Jessica replied before taking a sip of her drink and then returning her attention to the view outside her window.

 

The next day, after each individual finished with work and their schedule ended, they all met at a small resturant that they loved to go to together back then. When they went there to eat no one bothered them and the media didn't know about it. Now more than ever privacy was needed and not some rumur that Girls' Generation was going to make a comback.

"I ordered the usual", Yuri said standing up to greet everyone as they all piled into the room.

"You remembered our favourites?" Sunny asks taking a seat next to her.

Yuri smiles, "We came here so often, how could I forget".

"This place really brings back memories", Yoona says smiling at a photo they took together six years ago hanging on the wall behind her seat, "that day was Tiffany's birthday, we ate and drank so much"

"Our manager almost went crazy trying ot wake all of us up the next morning", Sooyoung adds laughing.

"As soon as he got one up, the one he woke up before went to back to sleep", Sunny says with a smile.

"We are probably the reason why he has so many grey hairs right now", everyone laughs.

Taeyeon's expression turns serious, "Why did we stop being friends?"

Their smiles disappear before Tiffany answers, "Thinking about it, I guess it was because that day really messed us up I guess", she explains, "I felt like if I was with you guys, I would always feel sad that I was happy with my best friends when I shouldn't be".

"I understand, I think that is how we all felt", Yoona reassures her with a faint smile, "we just drifted apart because we didn't want to go through the pain".

"Even though Girls' Generation ended, we didn't have to stop being friends", Hyoyeon says looking at everyone, "no matter what..... in our hearts we are always one"

"Hyoyeon's right...the truth is and you might think this is weird but", Yoona starts, "I ate a cupcake during each of you're birthdays, there was always one little candle lit on top and I would blow it out and pray for your happiness".

"I thought I was the only one did something like that", Sunny says, "except I would go out for dinner instead with my boyfriend to celebrate".

"I would just have some girly movie marathon on the day and pig out like we use to", Taeyeon adds.

"I have five gifts for each of you at home in my closet", Sooyoung says giggling, "kyung ho insisted on buying you guys them, he at picking out cute things but it is the thought that counts".

Everyone bursts into laughter before Yuri talks, "I would go visit our favourite cafe".

"I would read a book", everyone stops and looks at Seohyun who smiles, "only joking, I would just buy a cake and visit my mother", laughter erupted throughout the room once more.

"Wow you never change", Tiffany comments shaking her head, "I usually just had dinner at a resturant by myself".

"And I danced like crazy", Hyoyeon adds, "so that I wouldn't feel sad".

"I wonder if Jessica did the same as us", Yoona wonders, "I mean did she really just forgot about our friendship".

"Well the reaction we got from her at KBS wasn't a good one", Sooyoung says with a sigh as the servers placed their orders on the table.

"Wah this looks great", Taeyeon comments staring at the food.

Thoughts of Jessica and their past behind them as they enjoyed dinner and each other's company.

"Ahh I am stuffed", Hyoyeon says rubbing her stomach as they all exit the restuarant.

"Are your rides coming soon?" Taeyeon asks as she searches for her key.

"Yeah, Seunggi, Hae-won and I are going out for some frozen yogurt so he should be here soon", Yoona assures her as she checks her phone, "he says I should wait inside, so to avoid an argument I should head back in".

The girls giggle, "Wow I didn't know Seunggi was so over protective".

"The last time I went out with some friends, a fan got a little touchy so he is just worried", Yoona explains with a smile.

"Kyung ho is coming to pick me up too so I will just wait with Yoona".

"Then I will just carry Tiffany and Sunny back home".

"Oh I am coming with you too Taeyeon", Hyoyeon calls running over to them.

Waving goodbye, everyone parted and went their separate ways.

"Today was great", Sooyoung says as she and Yoona sat around a table.

"Yeah, it was", Yoona agrees, "but do you really think Jessica hates us that much to ignore us like that".

"I don't know what to think anymore", Sooyoung confesses, "I mean we haven't talked like this with each other in years, Jessica longer, we have all changed we are not the same girls we were back when Girls' Generation was nine".

"You know we have never discussed what happened back then", Yoona says and the mood between the two change.

"Mommy", Hae-won calls running towards Yoona.

"You guys are here", Yoona says lifting her up into her arms.

"Hello Sooyoung", Seunggi greets with a smile.

"Hello oppa, I think the last time we met was at SBS drama awards", Sooyoung says with a smile, "ahh so this is little Yoona and Seunggi", she adds turning her attention to the small child in Yoona's arms, "nice to meet you".

"Nice to meet you too aunty, I am Hae-won", she says, introducing herself, "my favourite color is blue and I love to sing, one day I will be a actress like mommy".

"Wah that is quite the dream you have there", Sooyoung comments patting her on the head.

"I am here too", Kyung ho says walking in, then making his way to Sooyoung's side, greeting both Seunggi and Yoona on the way, "I dropped the boys at my mom this morning, she wants to see you so I thought I would pick you up first before going for them".

"Well we should get going then", Seunggi says placing a hand on Yoona's back as they head out the entrance.

"I will see you soon Yoona", Sooyoung waves as the two go their separate ways.

 

"So how was the dinner", Kyung ho asks as they drive to his mother's house.

"It was a bit akward when we just got there but...then eventually it felt like old times", she confesses with a smile.

"That's great", Kyung ho comments squeezing her hand tightly with his free one, "even though you would deny it, I know you missed them".

"Yeah, but we aren't exactly where we left off", she sighs and turns her attention to the buidlings and cars rushing pass, "I don't think it will ever be like that again".

 

"Mommy is home!" Hyoyeon exclaims walking into the living room to find her husband asleep with Soo Eun on his chest.

Smiling, she makes her way over to the two of them and slowly sits down beside them on the couch before running her hand gently through his hair.

He stirs with a smile on his face, "You're finally home".

Hyoyeon's eyes widen in surprise, "Did you miss me that much".

He laughs, "No, this kid wouldn't stop asking for you".

She pouts, "So you didn't miss me at all?"

He slowly sits up with Soo Eun, careful not to wake her up before cupping Hyoyeon's face with his free hand, "I missed you like crazy", he confesses after giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

She smiles holding his hand to her face, then closing her eyes before leaning into his touch.

"How did it go?" he asks.

She sighs, "It was better than expected, thats for sure, I don't really know what will happen now though".

"Well it is better to take it slowly", he assures her as he stands, "I am going to go put her down and then draw you a warm bath".

"Wah, you are certainly working for husband of the year", Hyoyeon insists with a smirk.

"Well I am going to show you just how much I missed you tonight", he adds with a wink before heading up the stairs.

Hyoyeon eyes widen before she rests both of her hands on her cheeks, "It is amazing how he's still able to get me to blush this much".

 

"Just leave me alone!" Yuri yells into the phone, "I told you we were through, what don't you understand", she adds before throwing her phone into the opposite wall, shattering it to pieces.

Her manager and her friend of five years, slowly approach her before resting a hand on her shoulder, "I know you love him Yuri...but he hurts you".

Without saying another word, Yuri turns and hugs her before breaking down in fits of sobs, "I really love him Unnie, I don't what to do".

Before her manager could give her advice, they hear a knock at the door before HE walks in with a not too pleased look on his face.

"Did you call me from the lobby or something?" Yuri questions quickly removing her tears before turning to face him.

"I needed to talk to you", Taeyang explains closing the door behind him, "I don't want to break up with you....I love you too much".

Yuri steps back when he steps closer, "Taeyang, you care more about your career than us".

He sighs, "Yuri, there might be some who will support us but there is also those who will threaten and try to hurt you because of me", Yuri looks at him confused, "I know I said it was because of our careers but it is actually about you getting hurt. I just thought if I told you the truth you would be stubborn about it and refuse to listen".

"So hurting me was the best way?" Yuri questions walking towards him.

"I didn't know you would get that angry and end things like that", Taeyang insists, pulling her into his arms despite her resistance, "I love you Yuri and I am not letting you go so easily, you're the woman I will marry and you are the woman who will have my kids".

Yuri's eyes turn gloss as she calms down, listening carefully to his words, "You are such a....nevermind, I guess I can't stay mad at you for long", she confesses, "fine Taeyang, but our relationship is going to be revealed sooner or later whether you want it to or not".

He sighs before running his free hand across his face, "Fine but lets take this one day at a time and discuss it okay".

She nods, "So....you really want to marry me?" she asks, tears nowing rushing down her cheeks.

He smiles and hugs her tightly, "I love you so much Kwon Yuri that sometimes I feel like I would go crazy if you weren't mine", he confesses, "I vow to protect you for the rest of your life".

She laughs, "You sure have a way with words".

He kisses her on the forehead before looking her in the eyes, "That was not the proposal okay, the real thing will be even better, so romantic you will never want another man in your life".

"You're so full of yourself", Yuri says before hugging him tightly smiling.

"You two are hopeless I swear", her manager comments sitting on the couch watching them with a annoyed expression, "unnie really is lonely, why won't you two help me find a man".

Yuri parts from Taeyang and turn to look at her, "Unnie, I have a y manager lined up for you, don't worry".

 

The next day Yoona heads to KBS for the first table reading with her new manager. She left Seunggi and Hae-won to spend the day with each other; apparently her husband has a whole day planned for the two that she hoped didn't include too much candy.

"After the table reading you have a photoshoot, then we can get some lunch", her manager reads out to her.

"Ahh, I will be right back I am just going to get some coffee", Yoona says running off before her manager could say anything.

She hurries down the hall way and turn left, "Jessica!" she yells stopping the other girl in her tracks, "wait".

Jesscia turns and faces her with a icy expression, "I know you saw me back there, but you completely ignored me".

Jessica smirks, "It isn't like we are friends any more".

Yoona's eyes widen slightly, "Unnie, you know that is not true, what happened back then....".

"You mean when you and the other members abandoned me", Jessica finishes in cold tone.

"You know we had no power over what happened back then", despite wanting to keep her eyes down, she looks directly into her eyes, "you chose another path".

"It was my dream to start my own brand and you guys knew this", Jessica insists, "you know what, just stay out of my life okay, we have been strangers for a long time now, so let's just keep it that way".

"Unnie please, just talk to me, I have missed you so much", Yoona calls out to her and she hesitates before turning the corner, "great...that went well", she adds leaning on the wall before sliding to the floor.

"What are you doing here?" her manager asks helping her to her feet, "the coffee machine is in the other direction and we are late as it is".

"Sorry, let's go", Yoona apologizes before following behind her manager.

Despite being so cold to Yoona, the whole time Jessica wanted to run into her arms and hold onto her tightly to make up for the times when she longed to see her. Out of all the members, the person she missed the most was Yoona. She wasn't sure if it was because she looked so much like her sister Krystal but she had a special bond with Yoona, she always felt like she must protect her, she was very much like a sister to her. 

"I saw that back there", Xiao Yu says as they take the elevator to the parking garage where their driver was waiting, "why don't you just tell her how you really feel...that you missed her".

"I don't think so", Jessica insists staring forward, "when it comes to the members of Girls' Generation I feel nothing".

Despite knowing that Jessica was lying to herself her manager nods before continuing the ride down in silence.

"What is the next meeting we have?" Jessica asks as they exit the elevator and walk towards the car.

"You have a meeting with L Hotel's general manager about giving free gift cards to their gold members", she explains to her.

"Ahh I remember", Jessica says with nod after entering the car, "how long is that meeting suppose to be for?"

"Should take no longer than a hour", she insists, "do you intend to do something after?"

Jessica looks out the window, "Yeah, I am going to visit Krystal on set of her new drama".

Yoona exits the bathroom wiping with a small hanky, "I am okay, I just ate something bad last night".

Her manager nods before resting a hand on her back and following her out of the building.

 

"Unnie, we heard you and the other eight Girls' Generation members were spotted at KBS yesterday", Emma, the leader of 8ight says with a smirk, "I thought you said you didn't talk with them anymore".

Sunny smiles, "Look some how we all just ended up meeting that day".

"God surely has a plan fo you guys unnie", Kimmy, the maknae insists, "I mean all nine of you meeting at the same time without anyone being behind ....it is pretty weird".

"Yah, don't you guys have something else to do", Sunny says pointing at them, "you have a performance in a couple of minutes and we are running late, shouldn't you be worrying about that".

Zoey pouts and Ga Eul frowns before throwing a question at their annoyed manager, "Were you happy unnie?"

Sunny thinks about her question before replying, "Yeah...actually I was really happy", she confesses, "but we aren't exactly friends again".

"But you will be, the strong friendship Girls' Generation has among each other is what all girl groups strive to achieve", Zoey explains, "even for us, becoming like Girls' Generation is our goal".

"I appreciate the kind words kids", Sunny thanks looking at them appreciatively, "now get your butts up, the show has probably already started".

Everyone groans as they grab their stuff and hurry out of the van running.

 

"Do you think everyone is being a bit too calm about meeting each other again?" Seohyun questions after putting her phone on loud speaker.

There is a sigh at the other end of the call before a voice answers, "We went our separate ways because being with each other was too painful....we wanted to forget stuff that seeing each other would remind us about", Tiffanys explains, "but  despite being a part I am sure none of us were able to forget that day....seeing each other again, we didn't think about that at all though, we were all just happy to be together again".

Seohyun nods to herself, "You're right, when I met with you guys I was just so happy to see you all that I didn't even think about that".

"Seohyun?" Tiffany calls before a five second pause, "if given the chance would you want to sing on stage as a part of Girls' Generation again?"

There is no answer or sound and for a second Tiffany wonders if she hung up on her, "After Girls' Generation ended, I left the entertainment industry to become a music teacher which I love a lot, sometimes I think about singing again but....I don't know exactly how I feel about it".

"Truthfully, I would love to perform with everyone again, to stand on stage as one", Tiffany confesses, "I love being a mom and a wife but I miss performing, I did it for a while after the group broke up but....".

"I should probably get back to class now, lunch break is over", Seohyun says after hearing the school bell go off.

"Okay then I will talk to you later", Tiffany adds before hanging up.

While heading back to her class, Seohyun couldn't help but to think about what it would be like to sing as a member of Girls' Generation again. At that moment, as soon as she turns the corner she collides into someone sending her falling to the ground.

"Oww", she say rubbing her hip before trying to get up, "I am so sorry, I was....", she stops her sentence mid way when she looks up to see the face of an all too familiar man extending his hand to her, a smile lights up her face as she takes it and gets to her feet, her eyes never leaving his.

 

"The boys are driving me crazy", Sooyoung jokes as she falls into the biggest coach in her living room, "I think they are doing it on purpose because they know I am on the brink of insanity".

Kyung ho laughs as he takes a seat next to her, "You think this is tough, try having them for a day by yourself in a toy store".

"Okay, you had me at the toy store", Sooyoung says laughing at her not too amused husband.