Prologue

Girls' Generation 2022

“I mean we can’t be promoting as SNSD until we’re ahjummas. However, like Shinhwa sunbaenims, even when everyone is focusing on their individual activities, I would like for us to get together and hold a concert or release albums…I want SNSD to be like that.” – Yoona

“Although she departed from me first, she left me with eight sisters. So I want to thank both my mom and God” - Stephanie Hwang

            When we were placed in a group and found out that we would be debuting, we cried tears of joy knowing that we would finally be living our dreams with members who we have known since our journey began. We worked hard on making our first performance perfect but it did not go as smoothly as we had hoped and we cried but we never gave up. Practicing with all our might when we were given our debut song ‘Into a New World” and making sure our stage shined that day, August 5th 2007. We promised each other that we would always be together but…. now that dream looks very far away…

2022

            After Girls’ Generation disbanded in the summer of 2017 everyone went their separate ways without another word to conquer their own dreams and have not been together in one place in years.

            After getting married to her true love in the spring of 2018 they announced that they would be expecting their first child four months after. Yoona continued to take on leading roles in dramas and movies, becoming a world-renowned actress and successfully making her debut in Hollywood at the age of twenty-nine, in a movie that topped the box office the day of it’s release.

            Sooyoung on the other hand got married a year before the group broke up and is now the proud mother of two beautiful twin boys. She continued acting and being the MC at various events until she realized that she wanted to become a MC full time and occasionally do acting on the side. Now she has a rather impressive collection of trophies as a result of her accomplishments.

“Yoona hurry up, we are going to be late getting to the awards show”, Sooyoung exclaims from the other room as she grabs the bag with her dress in it, “we have to get to the salon right now, or we are going to miss our appointments”.

“I am ready lets go before you have a meltdown”, Yoona says with a smile as they hurried out the hotel room.

As soon as the elevator doors open to the lobby, they are greeted by screaming fans, showing their love from outside of the building with signs of support waving at them. Yoona and Sooyoung smile at them and wave back before their managers guide them to the back entrance.

“I am so tired”, Yoona says as soon as she plops down in the seat, “Hae-won is sick right now, I was worried so much that I couldn’t sleep last night, I am just glad my sister could stay with her”.

“Where is Seunggi-shi?” Sooyoung asks as she checks her messages.

“He is shooting a movie in jejudo right now, he didn’t want to go, I had to force him to leave”, she replied with a sigh, “what can I say, he is a over protective dad”.

“The boys are with their father right now, shooting for Superman is back season 6”, Sooyoung explains with a smile, “he has been busy lately so I am glad he gets to spend some time with them”.

“You will be great tonight Sooyoung, after all you are an award winning MC”, Yoona comments with a smile, “now let’s devour these chips before someone tells us we can’t”.

_____________________________________

“Thank you all for coming out tonight to my concert!” Taeyeon shouts into the mic, “Let’s get things started Tokyo!”

After leaving Girls’ Generation, Taeyeon went solo and became a world star, performing all over at sold out concerts and to fans that love her unconditionally. Now her third concert tour was starting in Tokyo, Japan where she will be performing to thousands in Tokyo Dome. Despite being really busy she always makes time to talk to her two-year-old daughter, putting her job as a mother and wife first.

_____________________________________

“Come on, you need to master these moves by tomorrow”, Hyoyeon says tying her sweater around her waist, “the video shoot is tomorrow and you all hold important roles as back up dancers, don’t you all know that you’re the ones who make the idols look good”.

Everyone laughs before moving from their positions of rest around the room.

“Mommy, mommy, look what daddy bought me”, a mini version of Hyoyeon says running in with a big, pink stuffed bear in her hand.

Hyoyeon smiles before scrapping the care free child into her arms, “Yah, didn’t you promise to spend today with me, who promised to show you some movies”, the little girl frowns, “wait, what’s wrong?”

“Mom, I don’t want to hurt your feelings but I want to become lawyer not a dancer”, she explains and Hyoyeon’s face falls as giggles erupts throughout the room.

“Hey, you really are becoming more and more like your boring father”, Hyoyeon comments frowning as her husband walks in; a tall well built man dressed in a suit, his tie loosened and a smile on his face as he makes his way towards them.

“Don’t be a hater honey, it is not her fault that I am this cool”, he says after giving her a quick kiss on the forehead.

“Oh please, she is just confused right now, before we know it she will be more interested in boys than becoming a dancer or even a lawyer”, Hyoyeon says with a smirk after kissing her on the cheek.

He cringes, “Please stop, my heart is not ready to think about that yet”.

She laughs as she hands her to him, “We are just going to run through the dance one more time and then we can go home, the boys must be missing their mommy right now, on the way we can pick up Hee-young’s favourite”.

“Chicken!” the little girl exclaims as both of her parents laugh.

Hyoyeon continued doing what she loved, dancing, after Girls’ Generation became no more she worked even harder, opening her very own dance studio. Now she is a proud mother of four and the wife of a district attorney, a interesting love story that will be told at a later date, after all someone as stiff as this isn’t exactly Hyoyeon’s style.

_____________________________________

Sunny was the only one who decided to stay with SM entertainment and was now the manager for a recently debuted four-member girl group who is slowly climbing the charts. She is now married with a baby on the way but her stomach is far from showing this fact. Though she is complaining about looking fatter than usual she is reassured by her loving husband, who has become the only person she shows her cute side to nowadays.

“You guys are going to get fat if you keep eating all that junk food”, Sunny comments from the front of the van after hearing the opening of chips.

“Ahh come on Unnie, we just want one chip”, one of the members begged.

“When I was singing in Girls’ Generation, I had to go on countless diets so that I would be able to dance on stage without looking like a teletubbie”, Sunny says with a smile, “and you guys are looking a bit rounder than usual”.

“Fine you win this time”, another says with a pout as Sunny smiles triumphantly.

“Now, get prepared for the radio interview and be careful of what you say this time”, she advices, “I almost thought the last time we were here that would be the last time you guys are interviewed as idols”.

_____________________________________

Seohyun took a completely different route from the others, as she was now a music teacher at a local high school, putting the celebrity world she once belonged to in the past along with the sad memories it left her with despite the fact that there was also good ones too. She was now dating a politician but has chosen to keep their relationship a secret until the elections are over. Despite this, she is still unsure of whether or not she wants to spend the rest of her life with him, so at the moment she is seriously thinking about it as their two-year anniversary draws near. She secretly wishes and hopes of reuniting with her unnies one day.

_____________________________________

Yuri also went solo with her singing career becoming the next Lee Hyori as was once predicted by many. No longer the black pearl of Girls’ Generation but now the black pearl of South Korea and the iest idol around that makes the men fall at her feet from the powerful charisma she gives off on and off the stage. She is currently having a fight with her secret idol boyfriend who doesn’t think it would be smart to reveal their relationship to the public as it might affect their careers.

“You are such a coward”, Yuri says before turning to leave but is stopped when he grabs her hand and turns her to face him, “what are you doing? Let me go”.

“We have known each other for so many years, being friends and then becoming lovers”, he says as he holds her gaze, “we also know how cruel the entertainment world is when it comes to scandals and dating news”.

“So what, does that mean we should stop living our lives”, she insists pushing him away, “I don’t know about you, but my fans are loyal to me and something like this won’t make them abandon me, not if they know how much I…love you”.

They stare at each other for a while before he lets her go, “I don’t think we should see each other for a while”, he says avoiding eye contact.

Tears start running down Yuri’s cheeks as she looks at him with a torn expression”, Fine….if..”, her voice starts to crack, “if this is how you see things….then I don’t want to be with a coward like you, this relationship is over!” before she breaks down completely, she runs out of the apartment blocking out his voice calling her name from behind.

____________________________________

“It is okay Sarah, mommy is here”, Tiffany says taking up the wailing 5 month old, “you must be hungry, don’t worry I am going to feed you right now”.

“She is so cute Stephanie”, Tiffany’s father says looking down at the little girl, wrapped in a soft pink blanket, “your mother would be so proud of you”.

“Thanks dad”, she says looking up at him, “I think she has your eyes”.

Her father’s smile widens and his eyes sparkle, “I am going to run to the store and get some ingredients for dinner tonight before you tell me more things to make me unable to leave this child’s side”.

Tiffany laughs as he leaves, “Daddy is on a doing a concert tour right now with his group, so we can’t see him for a while but we will be talking to him on skype tonight so let’s not get too sad”.

Tiffany further pursued her career as a singer after the breakup but has now decided to put her career on hold as she focuses on her family and on her little bundle of joy.

___________________________________

Now last, but certainly not least, Jessica, the first member that left the group, the CEO of Blanc & Eclare that was now among the world’s leading fashion brands. Despite having vast amounts of fame as a serious businesswoman, she is also the wife of a successful entrepreneur. Though not showing her feelings, or expressing it in anyway, the truth was that she missed the eight girls that she could share anything with…she missed her eight sisters who meant everything to her.

"Honey don't you have a meeting this morning in Hong Kong", her husband asks after giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Yeah I do", she replies with a faint smile. 

He studies her for a while as the maid sets the table, "What's wrong darling?"

She sighs before taking a sip of her coffee, "I think I am going to take a short trip to Korea...there is something I have to do".

He nods, not wanting to push further about why the sudden trip, "Okay, but when you get back don't forget I have something special planned for our anniversary coming up".

She smiles despite her down mood, "How did I get so lucky to marry such a wonderful man", she comments as she makes her way into his lap much to his amusement.

"Well I wonder that every day too, but then I realize that it is because I am so handsome", he concludes wrapping his arms around her, "hurry and come back okay, don't take too long, I hate when you are away from me".

She smiles before the two share a deep kiss.

 

 

Author's note: Please comment and tell me what you think...I am open to people's honest opinions and advice :D