Chapter 8

I'm your teacher!

The next morning, you woke up earlier than before, doing your daily routine without rushing since you still have few hours left. You checked your phone and saw that you had two unread messages from Mark. You tapped on the screen and begin typing your message, assuring that you're fine and you'll be going to school soon. Before you can even finished it, you got an incoming call from your mentor from Hongik University. You thought they were calling to check up on your condition and making sure that you were doing well, so you answered it, abandoning the text you were supposed to send to Mark. "Good Morning, Haneul-ssi. I'm sorry for calling you this early." "No, no. It's okay, sir." "So, how was the internship going so far?" "I'm doing fine, sir. I'm glad that the students gave a lot of cooperation." "That's great then. But I have something really important to tell you. Our university will be having a student exchange program and a foreign school from China will be paying us a visit. The teachers and staffs had a meeting yesterday and we'll be holding a special campaign for them. Since this program is really important for our university, the principal hoped that everyone can participate in this. Are you okay with that?" You hesitated at first. If you agreed to it, which means that your internship will be shorten, but you also liked joining these programs. You were never absent when it comes to them. "Sure, of course I would like to participate in it." "That's a great news for us then. Don't worry about anything. I'll be applying a three months leave with Seoul Boys High School for you. That's all I have to tell you, see you around." "Thank you, sir. Goodbye." So, I'm going back to the university now? 

This feels so much better. It's not that you don't like Seoul Boys High, it's true that the school was fancy, luxury, magnificent and all, but you felt more comfortable being here. It feels like home. "Omo omo! Is that-" "Omaya! Is that our Haneul?" "It's really her!" "AHHHH!" The four figures charged towards you and pulled you in for a group hug. Let me introduce them to you. They are my best of best friends, Hyewon, Chaemin, Hyebin and Yongbin. Just to make sure there isn't any misunderstanding, Yongbin is a boy. He's gorgeous, that's what Hyewon told you and she found out that she had a crush on him last year, same goes to the boy. How amazing was that? "Oh my god! What are you doing here?" "Did you get kicked out?" "Well sorry to disappoint you, I'm not, and I'll be here for three months." You hugged them one by one and gave each of them a fist bump. "So you'll be joining the program too?" "Wasn't every one suppose to join it?" "Of course~" Chaemin snuggled closer to you. She's so cute! 

The five of you got into the hall and seated at the last row. Your friends claimed it as their territory, and non of the students would want to sit at there. Not that the five of you were like the gangster, queenka, kingka or whatever they called in high school, it's just that the seats were the most far away from the board and you can hardly hear what the lecturer was saying. Despite sitting at the last row, you and your friends still get good grades. Not forgetting to mention about the tables, you all had your names engraved on it. "Morning class, it's great to see that all of you are here. Let's not talk about anything else and get started. You'll be working in groups this time. Six people in a group and I'll be calling the names." You were so lucky, like super lucky, to be in the same group with your friends. Every time you had these group projects, you were always with someone you don't really know. The name for the last group member was called, Jeong Semin. Your heart skipped a beat when you heard his name. You were happy, excited and nervous at the same time. You don't know what to label him as, maybe your crush? Semin is a really quiet person, you didn't even know about his existence at first. You only heard it from people saying that he was kind but shy. You first met him when you were at the bottom of the stairs leading to the library. He was few steps ahead of you and when he turned to another flight of steps, his head turned around and had an eye contact with you. He bowed his lead lightly and smiled at you. That was it, something struck into you. You never had any relationships before and of course you don't believe in love at first sight. You were not the type to be into romance. But that day changed your mind, you were blushing so hard and your heart was pounding. It was the first time you felt that way and you don't want to forget about it. 

"Annyeong, Semin-ssi. Sit here sit here." Hyebin patted the empty seat beside yours. ! You cursed silently, your friends actually knew about your crush on him, including Yongbin. When he sat beside you, you can smelled his cologne. His scent is intoxicating, but it smells so familiar. Just like Mark. Yes, Mark. "About the campaign, since we'll be having a booth for Arts and Crafts, we'll have to buy some materials and do some researches..." Chaemin started. The six of you began to discuss about the campaign, giving ideas for the activities, prizes and everything. Since Semin was sitting beside you, you can hear everything he said clearly. It felt like he was speaking closely beside your ear. His voice was soothing. "We'll be really busy these few weeks. What are we going to do?" "We can discuss about it next time. " "Maybe we can buy the materials after that. We'll just be having some briefing about the campaign for the upcoming weeks and that's all." "Yeah." 

Meanwhile...

"Mr. Lee, where's our teacher?" "Yeah. Is she absent today?" The students were waiting for their teacher patiently. It's been around thirty minutes but you still can't be seen, Mr. Lee entered their class instead. Mark actually came to school today, maybe because he 'promised' that he'll be seeing you at school, but he's been sleeping the whole time. "Kids calm down. Ms. Min will be absent for the next three months and I'll be taking over her classes for the mean time. Don't worry much because she'll be back soon." They groaned. 

It was lunch break and Mark finally woke up after being smacked violently at the back by the boys. "Gosh, it's only the second week of school..." "Guys, the basketball club will be having a competition soon. Should we join?" JB asked. The seven boys had always enjoyed playing basketball. They were just trying it out for fun and found out that they were actually quite good in it even though they never had any training. They learned all the techniques by watching videos. "Are you sure? We've never joined these competitions before." "Yeah, hyung." "Come on, let's just try it. Besides, we can get a lot of experiences from other players. Who knows we can get into finals, right?" Jr assured. "Okay then..."

The time went by quickly today, the classes were finally dismissed. Mark was especially quiet today, the boy himself doesn't even know why he was acting this way. "Hey, I didn't see Haneul noona today." "Yeah, where is she?" Mark perked up when he heard your name. "Jackson hyung, do you know where noona is?" The maknae asked curiously, since Jackson, Jaebum and Mark were in the same class, maybe he can find the answer among them. "How do I even know?" He shrugged. "But you're in her class!" Jackson and Jaebum were sleeping too, they dozed off the moment when their head touched the table. "Maybe she was sick or something." "Mark hyung, do you know anything about noona?" "Why are you asking me that? It's not like she's my girlfriend or what." Mark replied casually and shoved his hands into his pockets, they were freezing from the cold weather. "Ayyyy~ Says someone who's been texting her the past few days..."