Chapter 14

I'm your teacher!

"Sonsaengnim... Can I ask you a favour?" Hanbin walked to your desk. "Ah, sure. What is it?" You stopped what you were doing. "Sonsaengnim, I was wondering if.. you have tuition classes.. No, I meant I don't understand about Trigonometry.. a-and do you mind teaching me?" Hanbin asked while scratching the back of his neck shyly. Before agreeing to him, you checked your schedule. "It seems like I have... Hmm..." You thought for awhile. I have lessons with Mark today... Forget about it. He doesn't want it anyway. "Sure. How about we go to the library?" "Neh sonsaengnim!" 

"Where is she..." Mark groaned. He has been waiting for you in the classroom for half and hour and you still haven't show up. "Is she really angry?" He asked himself. Fingers drumming on the desk impatiently. An hour has passed. He took his backpack and decided to go searching for you. Mark walked down the empty hallway, having no idea where to go. A junior happened to pass by and Mark stopped him on his tracks. "Hey!" The boy turned to the voice. Nerdy flinched when he saw that it was Mark who was calling for him. "N-neh?" He asked carefully. "Did you see Ms. Min? Min Haneul-ssi." It felt rather odd for Mark to say out your full name. "A-ah! Neh! I just saw her in the library." "Thanks." With that, Mark dashed to the said location. 

Mark pushed open the door and walked in. It was so quiet that he could hear his own footsteps. Where is she... He craned his neck, scanning around. He spotted you sitting at the corner of the library, with an unfamiliar figure. 

"You should either choose the part of the equation on the left hand side and prove it-" Your words were cut off when you saw your wallet being tossed onto the table, making a loud noise. Mark walked around the table and pulled out the chair beside you with a loud screech. "Shhhhhhhhh" You heard someone shushed from the opposite end. 

You could feel the tension in the air. Hanbin shifted in his seat uncomfortably. You turned to look at Mark and he was staring straight, more like glaring at Hanbin. "You're cheating on me already?" His question caught you off guard. What is he even saying... "What?!" Your eyes went wide. "I-I'm sorry.. I d-didn't mean to... I gotta go.." Hanbin quickly packed his belongings and left the library before Mark could strangle him to death, skin him alive. "Why does he even need a tuition when he has a physicist father." Mark cursed under his breath. "What was that for!" You said in a hushed whisper. "What." He said in his normal tone, not bothering if he's in the library. You rolled your eyes in frustration. boy.

Students started to leave the library as it was closing in ten minutes. You weren't aware of the time because you were sitting at the back of the library and your phone just ran out of battery. Not to mention that Mark kept on asking you questions. "Gosh! Why are you so possessive!" 

"Just ignore whoever that comes to you for private lessons next time. Especially that Hanbin... And Minho... Damn, that boy is up to something..." Mark twirled the pencil between his fingers and stared at it like it's the most interesting on earth. "Why do you even-" Before you could finish your sentence, the lights went off and the air conditioners stopped functioning. You could hear the rustling sound of the keys and it brought you back to your senses. You quickly ran to the front door, trying to stop the security guard. "Hey! Where are you going!" Mark shouted.

"Noooooooo!" You banged the glass door with your fists and shook the handle violently. "Samchon!" You yelled at the top of your lungs. An idea suddenly came into your mind. You reached your hand to your hair and unpinned a bobby pin. "This should work..." You kneeled on the floor. You inserted the point of the bobby pin into the lock and wiggled it. Your tongue sticking out while you're concentrating. "What are you doing?" Mark said behind you. "Omona!" You were shocked by his sudden appearance and dropped the bobby pin onto the floor. "My gosh..." You groaned when you couldn't find it. The sky was getting darker outside and loud thunder can be heard. "It's all your fault." "Me again? What did I do?" Mark sat down on the floor, settling beside you and his back leaning against the wall. "Why can't you just shut up some time? You're always talking, talking and talking. Even in the library!" You ran your fingers through your hair, trying to figure out another way to get out. "Have a phone?" "You don't?" "Mine ran out of battery." "There might be one at the reference desk." You stood up and walked to the desk. Fortunately, there's one. Two. You flipped through the phonebook and dialed the number directed to the guardhouse. 

"They'll be here soon." You sat back down with Mark and waited patiently. As time went by, you started to doze off with the temperature getting higher. It felt so comfortable with the warmth wrapping around your body. Mark chuckled when he saw your head bouncing to the side. He pushed the back of your head forward gently and your head was rested on top of your knees. What a gentleman. He could've just let your head rest on his shoulders. Cough cough. 

"Pssst. Wake up." Mark whispered into your ears softly. He shook you awake from your nap. "The guard is here. We can leave now." Mark helped you to stand on your feet. 

"Wahhhhh~" You breathed in the fresh air. Being suffocated in the library, your cheeks were flushed with the rise of temperature. "Hey, it's raining." Mark looked up at the sky. It started as drizzle and it was raining cats and dogs. "Let's go to my house. It's nearer." The two of you began running in the rain, drenching yourselves as you didn't have an umbrella. 

"We could've just waited at the school..." You mumbled under your breath and sat on the couch.

"I'll go upstairs for awhile."

"That jerk... How could he ask me to come to his house as he wished and left me sitting here alone, soaking wet while he get to change into more comfortable clothes... What a self-" 

"It seems like you have a lot complaints about me, huh?" Mark looked at you and nearly choked to his death. "Y-your... I-I can see your.. thingy..." He was blushing hard and he averted his eyes. coughing awkwardly. "What...? O.. Oh! You.. ert!" You pointed your finger at him and quickly covered your chest. This is so embarrassing. "I-It's not like I wanted to see it though!" He handed you a white oversized t-shirt, still avoiding any eye contact. "I can't find any clothes, just change into this. The bathroom is over there."

Was it that I'm too short or the t-shirt is over-oversized? Yup, must be the shirt. Mark chuckled at you when he saw you walked out from the bathroom in his t-shirt. "Awww... Aren't you cute?" He couldn't hold back the urge to pinch your cheeks. "Why do you even give me such big shirt." You glanced down to your legs. The hem of the shirt stopped right at your knees. It's just like a t-shirt dress for you. "Just admit that you're short, smurfette." 

You sat on the couch together with Mark, sipping on the hot chocolate topped with marshmallows that he made for you when you were in the bathroom. "Mmmm... This is so good! Can I have more marshmallows?" You asked with twinkling eyes, giving him your best puppy face which you knew so well that Mark couldn't resist it. "This is like the forth time! Are you trying to rob my food?" He exclaimed, then grabbed the cup and filled it with the sweet treat. 

The rain continued to pour, seemingly it's not going to stop sooner or later. If the weather was to maintain this state, you only have two options to make. One, stay the night at Mark's house. The idea only gave you goosebumps, chills ran down your spine just the thought of him watching you fall asleep. No! You screamed out the words that's lingering in your head. "What's wrong?" Mark was shocked by the sudden piercing voice coming from your small body. "Are you possessed?" He shakes you on your shoulders and fished out his cross necklace. He unclasped the chain from his neck and put it on you. "Please tell me you're okay. Jesus!" He prayed dramatically. Two, you were to make this boy brave the storm to walk you home. The second idea sounded more pleasing to you. You squealed in excitement. I don't have to stay! "I guess it's a wrong idea to watch horror movie with you. I'll change it to Disney Channel." Mark stretch his body to reach over the remote control. "Hold on." He grabbed your arms, attempting to calm you down. 


"I'll grab some blankets for you, wait here." Mark managed to 'convince' you to stay. You protested when he rejected your offer to send you home. He let out a girlish whine that he would never have any contact with the rain for today, claiming that he had styled his hair. What a joke! He just blew it. That liar. "Come on! Just bring me home." You begged, pulling him on his chimpanzee arms. "It's weekend!" "It's not weekend. It's THE weekend. You don't even need to work tomorrow." He tried to shrug you off but you tightened your grip. You lied to him that you still have papers to correct, but he's wise to catch on your lie. Mark tripped on his own foot and lost his balance when he struggled to pry off your tiny hands. He fell forward and happened to pin you against the soft mattress. His brown orbs staring back at yours. 

Mark gulped at the close proximity, you two were only a breath away. He's never been so close to the opposite gender before, neither you. You kneed him in his ding dong and he rolled away immediately, curling himself in a ball and clutching his crotch in pain. "This is why you should bring me home!" You scolded with flushed cheeks. "I never expected this to happen..." His voice is tight, he managed to squeeze out these few words before groaning in ache.