Chapter 12

I'm your teacher!

The next day, you prepared a Maths test for your class. Mark was smirking confidently the time you were announcing the surprise test. He was assured that he's going to ace it, as he had actually finished the exercises you gave him to do last night. Mark actually thought that the questions were just as the same like the exercises he did. But to no avail, it wasn't. 

The students were thinking really hard to solve the questions, squeezing their brain juices. As you were walking around the class, you stopped by at Mark's seat, standing behind him. You glanced down at his answers and let out a surprised "oh" unknowingly. Mark flinched at your voice, losing his concentration."Go away. You're giving me stress." You hummed and stood beside him. "Go! You're distracting me!" He whined and pushed you away. 

"Time's up. Please hand in your paper and you may leave the class. Thanks." 

Jaebum handed you his paper and left immediately, after bidding goodbye to you. You took a look of his paper, his handwriting was sloppy but he solved all the equations. Jackson too. And then there was Mark. "Here." You took it and gave him a look. "What?" He raised one of his eyebrows. "I'm not free today, don't wait for me, okay? See ya." He said and turned around. Before he could walk away, you reached out your short arms across the table and tried to stop him. You succeeded grabbing the hem of his sleeves and tugged him. "No, you can't go anywhere. You have to stay here." "Awww come one! The test was over, we should have a break, shouldn't we?" "No! Stay!" 

"I have basketball practice with the boys today, and I promised them I will go." "We have tuition today, and I promised Mrs. Choi I will do it." Mark groaned. "How about you come along with me. And then we'll continue the tuition at my house. Deal?" He suggested, but you were unsure. Unsure about the part he said that you are going to his house. How are you going to behave? What are you going to do if you meet his parents? Are you going to have tuition in the dining room? In the living room? Or in his room? You gasped. "Hey hey! Are you okay?" He waved his hand in your face. "Aish! I'm going to be late." He looked down at his watch. "Forget about it, you're coming with me." With that, he grabbed all your belongings and dragged you away.

The moment Mark and you walked to the park, the boys stopped what they were doing and stared at both of you curiously. The two of you. Mark and you. They knew that Mark has this soft spot on you but they didn't know you two were this close. "Sonsaengnim!" Youngjae shouted, followed by the boys.

"Sit here while I'm playing okay? Don't go anywhere." Mark said while tying his shoelaces. Geez. How old am I? Five? This boy just can't stop nagging. He's even worse than your mom. "Stay right here okay?" He asked again and looked at you in worried. "Just go!" You pushed him. "Stay!" He shouted while walking backwards, heading to the court. 

Your eyes followed Mark as he dribbled the ball. He dodged all the defenders that were blocking his way. In a swift movement, the ball was thrown into the hoop. Mark smiled in satisfactory, showing off his canine teeth. Throughout the game, Mark would always turned to look at you, making sure you were sitting on the bench like he told you to. 

As time went by, you were getting impatient. And annoyed. Especially with the mosquitoes circling around your legs and buzzing in your ears. You groaned and stood on your feet. You jumped around and tried to swat the mosquitoes away. Little did you know that, the boys were looking at you since they had finished their game. "What are you doing?" Mark asked as he approached you. He reached to his bag and took out a white t-shirt. "The.. mosquitoes are annoying! Let's go home now!" You can't take it anymore and screamed in annoyance. "Damn..." He hissed. "Chill, babe." The word 'babe' slipped out from his mouth naturally. It's like he's been calling you 'babe' for a long time, but not. Either you're deaf or you'd lost yourself when swatting the mosquitoes. 

Mark started lifting up his shirt and his toned body was exposed as his shirt was over his head. He snickered at you, who were still giving all your attention to the bloodsucking insects. He threw his shirt at your face. You squealed as you felt the soaking wet shirt. It smelled the combination of Mark's bodywash and sweat. As a reflex, you grabbed the shirt and threw it to god knows where. You blushed profusely as you caught a glimpse of his well defined abs. Phew. Why is it so hot? You fanned your cheeks and Mark smirked at you. "Let's go!" He cheered. He was happy. 

"What are you doing? Aren't you going to come in?" Mark urged. You were standing there awkwardly, not sure as to what you're suppose to do. Should I put down my things first? But where should I put them at? Oh wait, should I take off my shoes first? Where's the shoe rack? You faked a cough and diverted your eyes, making sure not to make an eye contact with Mark. This is a bad idea. "Stop being a baby. Just come in!" 

"My parents went for a business trip yesterday. They won't be home until next week." Mark took of his sneakers and heading to the stairs. "I'll be showering. Shout my name if you need anything." With that, he sped off and you heard a loud 'bang' as Mark closed his bedroom door. Tick tock tick tock. It was so quiet that you could hear the clock ticking. You've never been so awkward in your whole life, even when you're sitting with Semin. You glanced around the house, taking notice of every object. Yes, you're that bored. 

You heard footsteps coming down from the stairs, assured that it was Mark as there's no other people in the house. "Oh, who are you?" The person asked curiously. You jumped at the foreign voice and turned around timidly. You broke into a hiccup fit as you saw an unknown person staring back at you with his big doe eyes. You've always have this habit when you get too nervous. "Oh my, oh- Water.." He quickly ran to the kitchen. Handling you the cup of water, you accepted it with trembling hands. "I'm Joey by the way." He chuckled. "You must be Mark's friend? Or... girlfriend?" He arched an eyebrow. "Oh, I'm-" 

You heard footsteps coming down from the stairs again. "Oh hey, Joey." Mark bumped his shoulders and threw himself onto the couch, sitting beside you. "My friend." Mark pointed you to Joey, with a proud smile plastered on his face. Joey chuckled. This two is suspicious. They are hiding something. "I'm going for dinner with Adrian. Will be back around ten. Bye bro!" Joey gave Mark a push on his shoulders and headed to the door. 

There goes Joey. And you were left alone with Mark. Both of you sitting on the couch, not making a noise. "Took you long enough." You mumbled lowly. "Hmm?" 

"I'm hungry. Do you know how to cook?" His stomach growled. "I'm not here to be your slave, Mark." "I know I know. We'll start after eating okay?" He shrugged you off. You can't say no to him right? It's his house, his rules. You don't want to get kick out from his house. You headed to the kitchen with him and started making some food to feed the starving kid. "Smells good..." Mark said to you, next to your ears. He was standing dangerously close to you. You were shocked by the closeness and your elbow hit Mark in the chest unknowingly. "You are welcome..." He choked. 

"What are you doing?" Mark stared at you, spaghetti hanging on his mouth before inhaling them with a loud slurp. Carbonara sauce covered his lips. The two of you were sitting at the kitchen table and you were grading tests that students had done earlier. "Eat." You said, not looking away from the tests. You were glad that the class was doing really well despite the questions were quite difficult. Mark leaned forward, trying to take a look. "Yah! Go away! You'll have to wait and find out how badly you did tomorrow." You shooed him away and Mark pouted. 

The time went by faster than you thought, it was already eleven. Thanks to Mark for making so much excuses, delaying the time. He had volunteered to wash the dishes, making an excuse that you're the guest. He told you to sit at the kitchen counter and watched him as he scrubbed the plates so slowly. He also asked you to accompany him to watch the rerun of The Return Of Superman. Pretended to squeal at the triplets. You knew it better than anyone else that how much he hated the tuition. 

"Hey! Hey!" Mark whispered in your ears with a low voice. You'd fallen asleep while reading the book you had brought along while waiting for Mark to finish his homework. "Wake up!" Mark tucked a strand of hair that was covering your face behind your ears before shaking you lightly. "No...." You whined and forced yourself to open your eyes. "I'll bring you to home." Mark suggested. "No...." You continued whining. "Unless you want to stay over? You can stay in my room if you want to." "No, no. Bring me home."