Chapter 6

I'm your teacher!

Mark stood outside your house, pacing back and forth, wondering if he should knock on your door or wait for you. He knew it better than anyone else that you were still in deep slumber and that you didn't make any preparation for the day since you've been protesting last night. He made up his mind and decided that he will barge into your room. Let's do this. He looked at his attire for one last time and let out a nervous breath. Knock knock knock. "I'm coming!" A feminine voice can be heard. The door opened revealing your mom staring at him in shock. She cleared , "Oh, young man. What can I do for you?" Mark chuckled handsomely, "Annyeonghasaeyo ommonim, nice to meet you. I'm here to look for Haneul-ssi. I'm wondering if she's awake?" He tried his best to act as innocent as he could. These first impression can be nearly impossible to reverse or undo, making those first encounters extremely important. It seems like he has done a great job, your mom was swooning over him. She has been looking at him like he's the most precious thing on earth. "Ah ne ne, nice to meet you too. I'm sorry but she's still sleeping." She said, disappointed. "Well if you don't mind, can you wake her up for me?" "Oh, really? I'm sorry for being rude then, ommonim." She was so happy for no reason, smiling from ear to ear. She opened the door wider, letting him in. Mark bowed and thanked her. "You may go upstairs. Her room is on the right. Make yourself comfortable. I'll be at the kitchen if you need anything." Mark smirked when he saw her left. I'm coming. 

The bedroom door flung open and Mark welcomed himself with a cheeky grin. Her room looks neat. He turned his attention to the bed and saw you sleeping in a star position. The blanket draped over your body with your limbs and head sticking out. Like a dead turtle. Your mouth was slightly agape and your hair all over the place like a bird nest. He stared at you in amusement before fishing out his phone and snapped a few photos, laughing silently. What an ugly sleeper. He walked to the window and pulled the curtains back, letting the sun in to flood the room. You didn't move an inch. Mark stood beside you and shook you gently, "Morning sunshine, wake up." "Mooooooom, it's Saturday. Let me sleeeeep." You whined and rolled over, your back facing him. Mark shook you violently this time, "I made breakfast for you, get up." He pushed you up in a sitting position. "Quick quick! Or else I'll eat up all the pancakes." "Okay okay! I'm up!" No one is touching my food. Never. You stumbled to the bathroom with your eyes closed, not aware of your appearance and that Mark is watching you. You brushed your teeth while humming. You finished washing your face and stared at the mirror. You thought you were hallucinating when you saw another reflection in the mirror, you rubbed your eyes. You gasped and saw Mark leaning against your door frame smirking at you. "Pancakes?" You shrieked and ran past him. "What are you doing here? Get out!" "Your mom let me in. She said it was okay." He sat on your desk with his arms crossed. You stared at him in disbelief. "She likes me already. Don't you think this is a great start?" He chuckled. "ARGH!"

"Oh morning, sweetie." Your mom greeted you when she saw you walking down the stairs with Mark. She walked over and whispered to you, "Why didn't you tell me your boyfriend is coming over? I should've prepared something better." "Mom! He's-" "Sit down, sit down. I'm sorry there's not much food, I didn't know you were coming." "Ani, it's okay ommonim. I can eat out later." He sat down at the table comfortably. "Fill yourself with some of these then." Your mom pushed a plate of pancakes to him. Ommonim? Who do you think you are? You sat opposite him and kicked his knee under the table, making Mark winced in pain. You leaned over him and whispered, "You freaking bootlicker!" He replied you by sticking out his tongue. "So, what's your name?" "My name is Mark, ommonim." "What a pretty name for a pretty boy." Your mom stared at him dreamily. Wake up mom! He's not what you think he is! "How old are you then?" "Um, I'm-" You coughed, catching their attention. You don't want your mom to know about his age, especially him being younger than you and that he is your student. She'll be really disappointed then. But your mom doesn't really care, as long as she got herself a beautiful son-in-law, she'll accept everything, unless he's like four and you're twenty? You stuffed all the pancakes in your mouth, "How long have you two been together? She never mention to me about having a boyfriend." She slapped your back making you choked on your food. Mark handed you a glass of milk and continued, "Oh, is it? Why didn't you tell your mom about me, baby girl? We've been together for quite awhile now, around three months? Yup, three months." You glared at him. You sly fox! "Aww, you two look so good together." You shoved down the food and quickly ran to your bedroom. You screamed in your pillow, frustrated. Mark excused himself and followed you to your room. "Time to dress up. We should get going now." He pulled your arm but you won't budge. Before you can shout at him, you were scooted up and dangling over his shoulders. "You should've listen to me when I asked you nicely, or else this won't happen." "Put me down!" You wiggled. He walked into your closet and let you sat down on the chair. "Why didn't you tell her the truth! Are you that proud of yourself huh?" Mark looked through your clothes and picked out a white sweater and skinny jeans. "Here, wear these." He threw the clothes to you. You stared at him angrily, "I'm not going to change, and I'm not going out with you. You may leave now." Stubborn. "You don't want me to undress you, right? I don't mind it though since I'll be in advantage here." 

"Aren't you going to drink it? I bought it for you." You hesitated at first, thinking that it may be poisonous. You still drank it anyway. Since it's free. You've been arguing with Mark the whole morning and he has to drag you all the way to the coffee house. You pleaded your mom to stop him but she was more than happy to send you away, even allowing you to stay over at his house. "Stop sulking. You should be happy that you got the chance to go out with me." He sipped on his drink. You looked around the cafe and he was right. Many girls were glancing at your way, there were looking at Mark. Whispering how handsome he is, and questioning who is she sitting with him. Ha! Be jealous girls. "So, what are we going to do today?" You asked him excitedly. He stared at you weirdly, shocked at your sudden changed of attitude. "Where do you want to go then?" "Can we go to the theme park? Or we can go to the zoo. Oh oh! The aquarium!" You squealed. "Just one." "Let's go to Everland then! Go go go! Come on, stop drinking!" 

"Woah! It's huge!" You shouted, not noticing the people around were giving you weird looks. "It's so pretty!" You jumped up and down. It was spring and the park was planted with different types of flowers. They looked so colorful. It's like a piece of art. "Let's go that one!" You pointed at the rides, pulling Mark with you. You felt like a child when you're at the theme park, your mental age was lower for no reason. 

You and Mark looked up. "Wow." It was the T Express. It is South Korea's first wooden roller coaster. It is world's fourth steepest wooden roller coaster. It is also the world's ninth fastest, fourth tallest, and sixth longest wooden coaster. Impressing. "Should we?" Mark gulped and nodded nervously. You two sat on the seat and put on the seat belts. When the seat restraints lowered, Mark got more nervous. He went on rides before, but it was his first time to ride it with someone other than the boys and his family. He can't let his guard down. Men pride, pssh. You were giggling so hard while Mark was sweating a lot. The train started to move forward. God bless me. Mark shut his eyes tightly while praying silently. 

"This is so boring." You mumbled. After getting on all the rides, mostly extreme ones. Mark finally spoke up and pulled you to the skyline ride. It was peaceful. "Are you secretly a girl or something? What a sissy." You mocked him. "Why? You don't like it? Get off now." He pointed at the trees. Mark suddenly remembered something and he whipped out his phone. "Wanna see something?" "What is it?" You slid closer to him. He showed you a photo, you don't seem to get it at first until you realized it was you sprawling on the bed. "! How did you get that photo! Delete it!" He quickly pulled away and laughed at you. "Why should I?" "Delete it! Bastard." You said in English, forgetting that he can understand you. "What did you just say?" You wrestled with him and the carriage started to shake. "It's shaking!" "Please please please! I'll do anything for you. Anything." You begged, lips in pout, eyes as wide as puss in boots. "Anything?" You nodded your head. "Okay." 

Mark brought you to the Nike store. He pulled you to the sneakers section and pointed at one of it. "You said you would do anything right? Buy this for me." He said with a poker face. You took the sneakers in your hand and examined it. Looks nice. You read the price tag and you gasped at the zeros. "What is this shoes made of? Gold?" You put back the sneakers and ready to leave. Mark pulled you back by your arm, "Are you scamming me?" "What! Do you even know how expensive it is? Are you a gold digger?" You left the store and Mark followed you. "Hey, I was just joking. Let's go get some food, I'm starving." You beamed at the mention of food. "Sure! Let's go!"