Chapter 7

I'm your teacher!

"Sunday morning~" You danced around your room. Your parents went out to do some chores and you were left alone at home. You blasted the speakers with Taeyang's 'Eyes, Nose, Lips' and singing along. You finally had your free time. You lied down on the bed staring at the ceiling. This feels so great. No school. No students. No paperwork. Your mood went down when you realized that tomorrow will be Monday. It means that you'll be facing with the rascals again. You let out a depressed sigh. Stop thinking about that, today is my lazy day. You reminded yourself. Speaking of the devil, your phone rang, already knew who it will be since your friends would never call your phone, they popped up in front of your house instead. "Hey smurfette, are you busy right now? Do you mind come to the ____ cafe?" "No! Today is my lazy day and I'll be lazing around. Bye!" "Wait! It's really urgent, come now!" "Can't you call your parents or something? I'm just a teacher here, hello?" "No, just come now. I'll be waiting for you." "Fine." You wanted to cry on the spot. Why can't I have a day to myself? You changed your clothes, took your wallet and keys then left your house. 

"Hyung, is noona really coming?" Bambam asked excitedly. "But if she comes, do we have to call her teacher or noona?" The boys were gathered at the cafe. They always have these kind of hangouts every week. "Since when did you get so close to her? Already making a move?" Jr snickered. "Seems like someone got a crush on her~" "Shut up! If it's not because of Bambam, I won't be calling her and she won't be coming." Mark scrunched up the tissues and threw at the boys. They were discussing about the basketball game between Lakers and Suns, betting on who will win the game. They talked about almost everything. How can they even do that every week? In the middle of the conversation, Bambam suddenly mentioned your name and the topic switched to you and continued for a long time until he suggested to invite you over. The boys didn't say much and agreed to it since the younger boy has been bugging them about not seeing you for the whole week and them being the ers. 

You stepped into the the cafe and searched for Mark, you saw Youngjae waved his hand at you and you walked over. "SONSAENGNIM~" Jackson greeted you with a girly voice, followed by the boys. When you were standing at their table, you looked at Mark from head to toe, worrying if he's sick or hurt, but he looked fine. "What's so urgent, huh? You think you can just order me around? I'm older than you, you know that? You jerk!" You slapped the back of his head between each questions. "Aish! Just sit down can you?" He pulled you to sit beside him. "Woah..." They were shocked by your aggressiveness. 

"Last Christmas, I went back to Hong Kong to celebrate it with my relatives. Do you know what present did I get? I got a freaking make up set. My mom's friend actually thought I was a girl because my name was Ka Yee, which sounds so much like one." The boy bursted into laughter, catching the attention of the people in the cafe. They were way more better than Mark, that's what you thought. How can someone like Mark be friends with these awesome kid? Did he pay them to make friends? The boys were actually really nice, friendly and funny. The topics that they talked about were so random yet interesting. "So what did you do to the make up thing then?" "Did you throw it away?" "Well, destroying it is the first thing that came into my mind when I received it, but I changed my mind. It's Chanel man! Like how expensive was that?" "So you didnt?!" "Yup, I actually tried out the lipstick. It feels so smooth on my lips." 

While Jackson was still talking to the boys about his Christmas gift, you saw a girl approaching your table. Well, the boys' table? Okay. "Hey, Mark." She waved at him, followed by a wink. You were so curious as to how Mark knew someone older than him. You're an exception. You were not lying when you thought that she was gorgeous. She was wearing a blue skin tight dress, a five inch heels and a Louis Vuitton clutch. Richie Rich. Her hair was in a natural wave and her make up was nicely done, her manicure and pedicure too. She really did pamper herself. She's like the complete package, just like that day how Mark described a girl. With the thought of that, you felt insecure and unconfident. She's like at the top of the Burj Dubai while you're at the bottom. The boys turned silent when they noticed her too. Mark waved back and smiled without a word. 

Her name was Dayoung. That was the only thing you knew about her. She introduced herself after Mark greeted her, in which the boys just nodded in return. Seems like they weren't interested in girls like her. Not to be rude, sorry. "Oh, what is she?" She pointed at you. What? I'm a human here, hello? Learn your grammar, girl. You thought she was nice. That's why they said 'never judge a book by its cover'. "Oh, her?" Mark pointed at you too and put his arm over your shoulder. He lowly whispered to you, "Just do what I said, no complains." You glared at him and stepped on his foot under the table. "She's my walking barbie. Isn't she cute?" He smiled adorably at you and ruffled your hair. "Really?" You saw how her eyes twinkled at the mention of barbie. So, she's like an adult kid? At least Jackson was so much better than her. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Slap me. "Yup. She's made in USA. And that's why she can speak English and Korean." He lightly nudged you on the sides, motioning you to get along with him. Fine. "Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Min Haneul." You smiled and said in both languages. Who on earth would actually fall for this? Maybe someone stupid like her. "Woah." She got closer to you and attempted to poke your cheeks. Before she can do it, you swatted her hand away. Nice to see, nice to hold. Once broken considered sold. But I don't want to be sold to you, so don't touch me. "Hey hey, don't be rude. You don't want me to tell Princess Ashlyn and Princess Blair to call off the tea party, right?" "There are more of them?" She squealed while Mark just shrugged. After enough of roleplay, Dayoung left the cafe and you're finally in peace. "Walking barbie, seriously?" "Hyung, that's all you can say?" Jackson and Jr asked with an unamused face. "What? That's the only way to make her less annoying." 

You stomped on your feet throughout the way to your house while Mark followed behind. You were extremely angry at him. The way he treated you just now was too much. Besides, you're still older than him, and he should be showing you some respect instead of making fun of you. You didn't mind when he teased you with the nicknames, your height or flirt with you but this time was too much for you to handle and your tolerance has reached its limit. All you wanted was him to respect you, even a tiny bit will do. Mark stopped you by pulling your arm and faced you to him. "Why are you even mad?" You exploded. "Why am I even mad? Why don't you think about the reason yourself? You treated me like a puppet, asking me to do everything you said, obeying you. You're taking me for granted, Mark. I'm still older than you and I'm your teacher, you know that?" Stop smiling at me. Mark pulled you in for a hug, trying to calm you. But you being stubborn as always, you tried to push him off by hitting him in the chest. Instead, he caught your arms and had them around his waist. He swayed you from side to side. He smells so nice. My gosh, let me hug you longer please. Mark broke the hug and kept his arms on your shoulders. "Stop being mad. You should have yourself a good night sleep and we'll meet again tomorrow. See ya." He pointed behind you and you looked back. You're outside of your house. Why didn't I notice it every time. You turned back to greet Mark but he was already gone. Wow, see you too then, Mr. Tuan.

Mark : just to make sure you're still not mad at me

Mark : see you tomorrow short stuff