Chapter 15

I'm your teacher!

You sit on the bed with your arms crossed and glare at Mark, while he's smiling sheepishly at you. "I told you this is not a good idea. First of all, I don't have a decent clothes to change into, and now I don't even have a decent place for me to sleep at." You roll your eyes for the umpteenth time. You thought that he would at least let you sleep at the guest room, but he argued with that, and all you could do was just throw your hands up in defeat. 

"Come on~ It isn't even that bad.. We can have a movie marathon, bedtime stories, pillow fights. Or even star gazing! You get to do all these with me!" He squeals, trying hard to lighten up your mood. "Please please please," he keeps on pestering with the irritating voice, making you to slam the pillow in his face, sending him to lie flat on the bed. 

"I'm too lazy to deal with your princess dreams, I'm going to sleep now. Bye." You pull the covers over your small body and wrap yourself in a cocoon. Oooh I feel like a fetus. Before you can even close your eyes, you spring up from your comfortable position and send a death glare at the boy again. "What?" He asks, still wide awake. "This." You pull out a bolster behind his back and settle it in between the two of you, creating a border. "Never cross this line, or else..." You scan your eyes over his manhood, giving him a warning not to mess with your words. Mark only chuckles at your actions, looking at you adoringly. "Save your words, little one. I bet you will cling onto me like a sloth the next morning." He smirks at you arrogantly. We'll see about that. "I'd doubt that." You finish your words in a low whisper and return to your dreamland. 

It's already been an hour and you have no idea why you still can't fall asleep. Feeling the suffocation and heat from the tossing and turning under the blanket, you unwrap yourself and stare at the ceiling. What am I even doing in here. You question yourself in a million ways. In a room, on the same bed as a teenage boy with raging hormones. You keep thinking of the things he would've done to you while you're asleep. You shrug away the thought as they send chills down your spine. It's already two in the morning, you look over to the side and Mark is still awake. Sensing your vision on him, he reaches his free hand to your hair and play with it, running his fingers through your freshly washed hair, brushing it gently while the other hand continues to scroll over the screen of his phone. This feel so goooooood. You sigh in content. "Mark?" You call over lowly and he answers with the same tone. "Why aren't you sleeping?" "I'm asking you the same question too." His eyes scan over the conversation of him between the boys and types in a reply expertly while using only his left hand. "I don't like you." You turn your head to him and stick out your tongue childishly. "I don't like you either." The hand that has been playing with your hair reaches down to your ear and pinches lightly. "Hey!" You yells quietly and pry his hand off but Mark still grabs onto it firmly. "Little minion." He pulls your ear back and forth, gives a final pinch before letting it go. Mark goes back to his phone, ignoring you again. 

"Say, don't you have a girlfriend?" You ask him out of the blue. You're just curious okay, there's no intentions within the question. "No, I don't." He replies without hesitation. Weird. He seems like a playboy to me. Or maybe not? But he's the type of pretty face that girls would have a crush on.

"But why?" 

"What do you mean by 'But why'?" He imitates your voice, resulting himself to receive a slap on his stomach. Firm. He may have abs. "Well, mainly because I don't want to have one. They are too troublesome. Asking me to pay for this and that. They are never decisive, but always reject my suggestions. It's better to hang out with the boys instead, there are six other brains to give recommendations." Six other bird brains. He continues, "I can't stand their perfume, like seriously. It chokes the hell out of me. Did they like pour the whole bottle on themselves? Jeez." I'm one of the odd ones. "I know what you're going to say next. 'Not all girls are like that.' Am I right?" He mimics your voice again. "For the first time ever, I agree on your statement. Because you bought me food." He chirps, referring to that one time the two of you went to Everland. 

"You blackmailed me!" Pointing an accusing finger at his face. "You were the one that said that you can do anything for me as long as I keep that photo to myself." He argues back.

"My turn now. Do you have a boyfriend?" He eyes you sneakily. "Wait, I should've ask in another way. Do boys even want you?" He snorts. Don't make me twist your s till they turn purple. 

"Well, excuse you. Guys in my university can't take their eyes off me." This ain't a joke. Seriously. I could receive flowers for today and boxes of chocolates for tomorrow. What a teenage way to confess. Sigh. 

"More like they want to get into your pants. Such dogs." His spiteful words irk you somehow. "That may or may not be right but it's really disrespectful to say that!" 

"Whatever." He finally puts his phone away and urges you to continue. He listens to your words very carefully. 

"I've never been in a relationship before." You declare but Mark doesn't buy it. He's relieved anyway. "But I've had crushes before, just that there wasn't any progress at all. It's just a one-sided love." You sigh sadly but Mark only frowns. His frown only become deeper when you mention your current crush, which is Semin. He's seen him before, for more than once. "I guess things are going quite well between us. He would text me from time to time even when I'm not at the university now. He asked me for dates." Mark grows alert at it. Dates?! He screams in his head. "But I never get to go out with him since I'm too busy." You sigh again. 

Mark changes his position to lie by his side, facing you, you do the same too. "Do you really really really really like him?" He asks. 

"I mean, it's not a bad thing to have a crush right? Although there's no guarantee that he will like me back. Just because he asked me out for a few times doesn't mean he feels the same way as I do. I won't want to have high expectation on it. Because at the end of the day, I'm the one who suffers all the heartbreaks." You shift your eyes and Mark is watching you intently. "It's really tiring to be in this state." You mumble. Under his intense stare, you suddenly remember what your friends had told you about Mark. They'd been brainwashing you that this teenage boy in front of you has a thing for you, and it makes your blood rushes suddenly. Mark only watches you as you cover yourself again. So much thoughts going in his head. 


The clinking sound of plates coming from the kitchen make you stir in your sleep. You tighten your grip on a soft thing which you assume is a pillow, and nuzzle your face in it. Hmmm, this pillow smells good. As you lean yourself closer to it, the pillow starts to wriggle and soon you feel yourself being squeezed. You eyes shoot open when you get the bad vibe, finally realize the situation. You want to shout your lungs out. 

Mark tightens his grip on you as you try to squirm out of his embrace. This is killing me! You make a brave move by leaving a huge bite on his arm and that wakes the latter immediately. "What the f-" He springs up and looks around his room to find you glaring at him, arms covering your chest in defense. "What did I do? Why did you bite me?" He asks as if you're insane. "You're practically clinging on to me. That's the problem, mister." You nearly cry on the spot. But deep down you don't mind at all, he was very snuggly. Cough cough. "Well, I'm really sure that you're the one that rolls over to me first." He debates. "But you still can't hold me like that!" Little did they know both of them have the habit of hugging stuff while sleeping. 

The knock on the door and fake coughs end the staring contest between you and Mark. "Breakfast's ready?" Joey stands there awkwardly, examining the two of you. Mark quickly jumps up from his bed and walks his way to the bathroom. The younger brother nudges him at his side, smirking slyly at him. "Bro, she's sleeping on your bed already?" Mark shoves him jokingly, "Shut up, it's not what you think it is. You better keep it as a secret from mom." Aww mama's boy. "Come on! She's more than happy to hear this." Joey teases and shoots a wink to you, who is already defeated by the Tuan brothers in many ways, you're in despair even. What to do, what to do. You run your hand through your bed hair and plants your face into a pillow, groaning in frustration. 

"So, since when did you start going out with Mark?" Joey asks you, staring at you adoringly like the way how Mark does it. Brothers indeed. We were never even together. You want to say it in his face, but at some point, you're too lazy to argue with him. Teenagers are lawyers in disguise. "Cut it out, Joey. She's just my friend." Yeah right, a friend that sleeps on the same bed as you, a friend that acts as a giant teddybear. They continue their conversation while you're left alone at the table counter, poking holes on the pancakes. "As I was saying... We need to get some groceries. Why don't you two do the chores while I go out and meet my friends, aye?" He sends a signal to Mark and leaves the table right after. "I guess we have no other choices." He ruffles his bed hair and gulps down a mouthful of milk. With milk stain at the side of his lips, he helps to feed you the pancakes by shoving the whole piece into your mouth. "Go wash up and I'll wait right here." . I don't even know where the bathroom is. And I don't even have clothes to wear! You end up roaming around the space in search for the bathroom, and end up wearing one of Mark's clothes as t-shirt dress. I know I'm short okay!


It's the first time ever you've seen Mark drives, and he looks hot when holding the steering. He looks hot in everything he does. "Wait, do you even have license?" The sudden though catches you off guard and you hold on tight to your seatbelt. Jesus, I don't want to die. "No I don't." He eyes the rear mirror then glances at you for awhile. "Come on, trust me. I'm a boy and I'm a good driver." Yeah, you're an underage boy on the road. This is freaking illegal. "You can experience Fast and Furious if you want to." Mark teases you by pressing on the pedal, making the engine roars fiercely.   Please don't. "Nope, not when I'm sitting right here. Never." 

The car pulls over at the parking lot and the two of you took the escalator leading to the grocery store. "So what should we get first..." Mark reads through the list of things to buy. He must have had no idea where to get those things. Let mama shine the way. You snatch the list from him and walks away confidently with him following behind like a puppy. "Just carry those things back home and your job is done." You order as you place the items in the trolley. "You act like a mom now. Or a wife. A good wife." He gives you a pinch on the cheeks and follows beside you. "I know." 

After getting all the items, you decide to go separate ways and roam around the store. It's huge in here! You walk through different aisles and read through items descriptions. Some toy catches your eyes and you can't hold the urge the press on the colorful buttons. The Elmo toy starts to sing loudly when you presses its belly. Okay this is embarrassing. As you walk through the last aisle, you scan through the bottles and tubes and reach your hand over to take a look at one of it that attracts your attention. What's this. Gel.. serum... A figure suddenly appears behind you and leans on the rack, examining the object in your hand. "Darling, eager aren't we?" Mark snatches the bottle from your hand and points at a board, reading Family Planning. "This is a lube." He whispers in your ears. "What is it for?" You whisper back. "For the good things that happen on the bed." He smirks. You blush profusely when the worker smiles at you kindly. Oh my god! "Come on, let's go home." He circles his arm around your shoulders and pulls you away before anything embarrassing happens again. 

After paying all the items, Mark buys the both of you ice-creams and return to the parking lot, walking side by side. From behind, the two of you look just like newly weds going grocery shopping. "Do you drive?" He asks out of the blue. "I rarely do. My house is just near the school. But it's been a long time since I last drive." As crazy as he can be, he suggests you to drive both of you home. "Don't worry, I'll guide you." He sounds so much like a tutor now.

"Talking about cooking... I've never been to your house before." I'm trying to focus on the road! "Can I visit your house someday?" Don't talk to me! Luckily the traffic light turns red and you get to answer the curious cat. "Next week." "Really? That's easy." He cheers at your straightforwardness.