Chapter 3

I'm your teacher!

"Hyung, I really hate you." Bambam said to Jr, because of him he didn't get to take a look at his noona. "I love you too." Jr said and patted his head. The seven boys had gathered at the cafe that Jackson mentioned, enjoying their free time and catching up their stories. "Hey Bam, guess who's gonna be your noona's student? Not you." Jackson teased the pouting boy, which caused the table to laugh at him. "Hey guys, you know the giant rubber duck at Seokchon Lake? Let's go see it!" Youngjae suggested making the boys turned to look at him from their conversation. "Are you kidding me?" "How old are you? Five?" "I'll buy a rubber duck for you." Boys being boys. They never like such girly things. Taking a selfie with the giant rubber duck is a no no. They had spent two hours sitting at the cafe talking about nonsense, from the collaboration of Skrillex and YG artists to Mark being dressed in a pink tutu when he was five because he looked like a girl back then. "Bye!" "See you tomorrow." They bid their goodbyes and separated on their own ways. Since Mark doesn't feel like going to home so early, he decided to stroll around the street. He realized that Seoul is rather beautiful. Being a student he is, he's been spending most of his time at school and going to home after that immediately, he never had the time to look what's around him. Scanning through the stores, he spotted someone familiar at a street-side tent-restaurant. It was you. He decided to approach you. 

"What a day~" You stretched and put on your backpack. You've done nothing much today but it's quite tiring. Walking out the school gate, your stomach growled. During lunch break, you've been staying in the staff room packing and organizing your things. "Mommy should reward you since it's the first day of my internship, right?" You said to yourself and rubbed your growling stomach. You walked few blocks away from the school and saw a food tent. You hurried in and ordered a dukbokki, kimbap and sundae. Sundae as in the Korean dish, not the ice cream dessert. Staring at the food on your table, you can't stop drooling. You used the toothpick and stuffed the food into your mouth. You were having the time of your life when someone just decided to sit at the seat in front of you. You nearly choked on your food when you realized that it's Mark. Unexpected. "Pig." He snickered. What did you just say little boy? "Never insult the food." You pointed at him with the toothpick still poking a dukbokki. Mark leaned forward and ate it in one go. "Hey! That's rude!" Mark shrugged and took a toothpick and started eating the kimbap. "What do you think you're doing? You can't just sit here and eat. What do you think this is? A food bazaar? There's no sharing in food." "Are you done yet?" Mark stared at you, sending chills all over your body. This boy may be younger than you but his stare made you felt so small in an instant. "Y-yes." You continued eating your food silently. 

"What are you doing at this time? Aren't you suppose to be at home now?" Mark spoke, which caught you off guard. You actually thought he was going to fill his tummy and leave without a word. "I should be asking you that. Aren't you suppose to be at home now?" "I asked you first. Answer me." Mark fired back. Is he on period or something? "I'm eating. Isn't that obvious?" Being sassy huh? Let me show you how to do it right. "Yeah, it is. A girl like you shouldn't be out this late at night." A girl like me? "Is this the way you talk to your teacher?" "We're not at school now, so you're not my teacher." "But still!" "Are you really a teacher? You're more like an elementary school kid." "YA!" "Short stuff." Mark mumbled. This little is good. You went back to your food, poking it in frustration. Mark stared at your face, your outfit and your sneakers. He suddenly took your hand and examined it. "Are you even a girl?" He snickered. "Girls usually like to doll themselves up like painting their nails, wearing make up and high heels." You stared at him with your jaw dropped. Keep it cool. "Are you boasting to me that you know so well about girls?" "Are you jealous?" Mark smirked at you, enjoying teasing you. He's ridiculous. "No!" You roared and stood up leaving. You can't stand being with him for another minute, or second. "Who said girls must wear make up, high heels and paint their nails..." You mumbled annoyingly.

Since your house is just few blocks away, you'll be walking to and from school. Mark has been following behind you without a word, admiring the way you tucked your hair behind your ear when the wind blows, your short legs stepping on the road so cutely. "Why are you following me?" You glanced back at him. "I'm walking you home, can't I? Who knows what will happen to you walking alone at time like this?" Whatever. Not long after, you reached your home. You turned around to look at Mark. He scanned his surrounding, taking notes at the pathway to your home absentmindedly. You snapped your finger at his face, "Down to earth little boy." Mark stared straight at your eyes, suddenly making you feel nervous. "T-thanks anyway. Please go home safely." You bowed and turned around to enter your house. Before you did, he held your wrist and spun you around. "Do you even know my name?" Mark asked. "No. And I don't want to know." Of course I do. I'm your teacher. "It's Mark anyway." Yeah yeah, whatever. "Okay, bye." You turned back and entered your home without looking back.

Mark has been smiling from ear to ear since he came back from your house. He went upstairs and into his room, plopping himself onto the bed. He reached for his phone and scrolling down the messages sent by the boys. 

Jackson : I'm boreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

​JB : Me too.....

Yugyeom : Guys, watch channel 8! It's GD and Taeyang! 

Jr : That song is sick! I've been listening to it since the day it released.

Jackson : I am a good boy pew pew pew pew pew

Bambam : Is there any homework?

Yugyeom : The hell? It's only the first day of school. 

Youngjae : What's homework? 

Mark laughed at their conversation. They never fail to make him laugh, especially Jackson. They have been friends since five years old. They are just like his brothers to him, his family. Mark tapped onto Instagram and looked through the updates. "Ah, so bored." He mumbled. An idea just popped into his head. Let's try searching it... He tapped the search button and typed in your name. He smirked when he found your account. Just like that, he found your Kakaotalk, and Snapchat. He even found out that your name is Olivia. What a genius.

Mark : hey 

Katalk! You just finished showering and you're sitting on your bed with your laptop on your lap. Busy typing the paperwork that you're needed for your classes. You looked over at your phone after hearing some sound coming from it. You thought it was nothing and ignored it. Katalk! Katalk! You heard it again. You put away your laptop and unlocked your phone. Noticing that you have three Kakaotalk messages from an unknown number. 

Mark : hey dont ignore me 

Mark : hello~  im so bored

You : i'm sorry but who are you? 

You typed back curiously. Slightly freaked out that it might be some creep or stalker.

Mark : hey short stuff, you replied! 

Upon reading the 'short stuff', you knew who it would be. Never once in your life you've been teased for your height. Only someone like him would, Mark Tuan.

You : how did u get my number?! 

You : you creep 

Mark : i just happen to saw your instagram id and also your bio

Mark : you should remove it before a real creep saw it

Mark : what are you doing anyway

You : im busy, dont message me 

You put your phone away and went back to your work. You tried so hard to focus but the notification sound ringing by your ear is distracting you. You can't help but looked at your phone again.

Mark : whyyyyyyyy

​Mark : chat with meeeeeeee

Mark : where did u go?

Mark : hello hello dont ignore me 

You : what do you want from me 

Mark : just chat with me, im so bored 

Mark : please 

You wanted to ignore him but when he sent you the 'please' message, it was hard to resist. 

You : ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok 

With that, you and Mark chatted until midnight. You two have been talking about crap, but you reminded him that he still need to wake up early the next morning. And which Mark gave you the annoyed face in return. 

Mark : night