Chapter 11

I'm your teacher!

"Goodbye. Bye bye. See you. Go home safely." You waved at the students one by one, giving them a gentle smile. You were finally back to the school and the students welcomed you warmheartedly. It feels nice to be back, teaching and other stuffs, everything was really great. But there's one thing you hated the most, Mark. Although he's been sleeping during your classes, but you knew that he actually slept throughout the day, except for lunch break. Jackson and JB were also sleeping too, surprisingly, they actually got good grades. You don't even know how did they do that. Maybe they were born with it. Why can't Mark just be like them? "You! Over there! Stop!" You stopped Mark, he was about to leave the class with Jackson and JB. "You two go first, I'll catch up later." He nudged the boys, but they won't leave without teasing the older boy, they hugged each other and making smooching sounds. "Go away!" Mark threatened. 

After seeing the boys left, Mark walked to your desk, looking down at you. I know you're tall! "What is it? Make it quick, I'm hungry." "Don't act like you don't know about it? Tutor? After school?" He gasped dramatically, "Are you being serious right now? I thought you were actually joking, since yesterday was April Fools. Were you?" "Sorry to tell you, I'm not." You motioned him to sit at the desk in front of yours. "Should've seen that coming, you're too old for April Fools anyway." He sat on the chair and sighed in defeat, knowing that you won't let him go either way. "I'm sorry?" You walked back to your desk and stared at him in disbelief. "You should be. For locking me up in here and starving me. My grandma will not be happy about this. Know what's child abuse? You know you're responsible for my health from this second, if anything happens to me, you're in BIG trouble." You can't beat this boy, he's so good with it. Where did he learn all these stuff? Is there an academy for that? Mark slumped against the chair, lips in pout and rubbing his tummy. You heard his stomach growled and gave him a look. He looked so pitiful. Aww. Mark stared back with twinkle in his eyes, hoping that you would bring him out to restaurants. "There's a lunchbox." You nodded over you backpack. In a split second, he took out the lunchbox and began digging in. Thank god he doesn't talk much when he eats. "Did you cook this?" Never mind. "It's really good. You have a potential to be a good wife." He blabbered while stuffing the food in his mouth. He looks so cute when he's eating! "My mom made it." He paused for a second. "Well. At least I'll have a mother-in-law that cooks well." "We're starting after you finished eating." You said and went back to the papers. Mark heard it and started taking tiny bites, delaying the time. "Don't make me shove the whole thing down your throat." "Feisty, just how I like it." "Whatever." 

"Which subject should we get started first?" You looked through his timetable. "How ab-" "MATHS!" "I don't even have a say in this!" He whined. "Of course you don't. I'm the teacher here and you're the student. Got it? Now take out your pens." You guided him step by step to solve the equations, telling him to memorize the formula instead of understanding how to prove it. He won't get it anyway. "Now do this. It's really important." "Why? Because we're going to have a test tomorrow?" He snatched the paper from you. How do you know? "Most of the teachers are like that. They gave us exercises to do and the next day we'll be having a test with the exact same questions. What's the point of it anyway." He said and about to crumple up the paper. Wow, he can read minds. "I don't care. Do it now. Now!" You snatched the paper from him and slammed it on the table. Mark groaned. "No!" He shouted back. 

"So... Was that your boyfriend?" After many failed attempts at begging Mark to work on the questions, you made it by pulling out your wild card. Aegyo. You knew you found his soft spot when he squealed and pinched your cheeks so hard that it hurts. More like he has a soft spot on you. You never know~ "Who?" "The cameraman? What's his name again? Simon?" He scribbled on the paper, pretending he was doing it. You actually believed it, since you weren't really paying attention to him but your unfinished documents. "His name is Jeong Semin. And why do you care?" "He doesn't seem like a good person. You shouldn't hang out with him that much." You put down your pen and eyed him, Mark too. "Are you jealous or you're just giving me advice huh?" "Think as you like." He sighed. What's his problem. You hated it when he acted this way. Always asking you to do this and that without telling you the reasons. "Tonight-" "What." You snapped back and Mark stared at you timidly, noticing your sudden changed mood. "C-can you call me? I've things to tell you." His voice was almost inaudible. "What? I dare you to say that again." You stood up and threw your pen. Mark was rather shocked by your attitude. Although you always get mad at him for teasing you, but he's never seen this side of you. "Do you even know what's the situation now? You should be doing these questions instead of asking nonsense questions. Why can't you be smarter, huh? Even just a bit. Please? Jackson and Jaebum were always sleeping in the class, but they got good grades for their tests. They were so much better than you. And how about you? You've always been doing those childish acts, when are you going to grow up? You're wasting your time, Mark, and so is mine. I'm tired of you." After hearing the last sentence, Mark stood up and left the classroom immediately with all his belongings. 

Mark has been wandering around the park for almost an hour. He was really frustrated after hearing what you said to him. The only thing he hate about in his life is comparison. His parents always compare him with his brother, Joey. Joey was well-mannered and smart. He's really good in sports and knew how to play almost all the musical instruments. He's just like the perfect package. He's practically the ideal type of every girl. Mark was actually the same as Joey though, but his laziness took over him. Mark kicked the rocks out of his way. His eyes followed the rocks and lead to the bench. There he saw a girl sobbing and curling herself into a ball. He scanned the girl and the outfit she was wearing was rather familiar. He approached the girl immediately after figuring out who she was. He sat beside the girl and bent his body, searching for her face which was buried in her arms. He nudged her lightly with his shoulder. Once. Twice. Not getting any reaction, he grabbed her arms and uncrossed them to reveal her face. "Haneul..." Mark stared at you worriedly. Tears were streaming down your red cheeks. Without thinking twice, he pulled you in for a comforting hug. He caressed your hair soothingly, trying to calm you down. The second after Mark dashed out from the classroom, you came back to your senses. You had a rush of guilt after realizing what you said to him. You broke down with tears and loud sobbing noises, catching the attention of passers-by. Mark figured that you've calmed down, he released you from the hug and stared at your face. Your eyes were red and swollen. He was really worried, but his tongue just decided to betray him. "You look ugly." He pinched your cheeks and you gave him a death glare. Hands off! "Period?" He asked. Like asking a girl if she was on period is normal? Maybe it is. You nodded your head without a word. Surprisingly, he didn't make fun of you. "Let's go home." He grabbed your hand and pulled you away from the bench. His free hand holding your belongings. 

"Psst! Psst! Guys! Isn't that Mark hyung?" Jackson signaled the boys over. They were hiding behind the trees and spying the both of you. "They are holding hands already?"