Chapter 1

I'm your teacher!

"I'll have an American breakfast and a hot Caramel Latte, thanks." 

Sitting at the corner of the cafe, you glanced outside the window. It's only six in the morning but the street is busy with people walking by in their suits and office wear, rushing to their workplace. You sighed and looked at your watch. Two more hours and your internship life will begin. You're more than excited to know what it is like to be a teacher. Many adults said that being a teacher is a tough job, dealing with students' attitude and grades, but that's not what you think, being a teacher is your dream and ambition ever since you were young. When your mentor offered you to join as an intern at Seoul Boys High School, you accepted it without any hesitation. 

Your breakfast arrived sooner than you thought. You took the fork and knife and began digging in. Savoring the pancakes, the aroma and saltiness of the butter filled your mouth. The bell of the cafe dinged, indicating that a customer has came. Not bothering to look up, you just continue eating your breakfast. Seven high school students scrambled through the cafe, crackling jokes and chatting loudly. They looked around the cafe which is packed with people, searching for a table. They just happened to spot a table which is located beside yours. 

"Guys, go sit at the table. Jackson and I will order for you all." Mark spoke and motioned the boys. Five of them dashed to the table although it was just few meters away from the counter. They threw their bags onto the chair and sat down with a big huff. Their actions were so big that you can't even ignore it. You glanced up from your empty plate and your eyes met with another pair. The boy smiled at you and you returned it with a slight bow. 7.30 AM. Your watch read. Time sure went fast. You quickly packed your belongings into your backpack and held your unfinished coffee on your hand. I can't be late on the first day. You stood up which caught the five boys' attention, but you just shrugged it off.

"Damn, I hate school. Why do we even need to attend one..." "I know right." "Wanna skip?" "Dude, are you serious? It's only the first d-" Mark's words were cut off when you just accidentally bumped into him. Not to mention you even spilled the warm coffee on him. "The hell!" Mark shouted. "Oh my, sorry!" You quickly bowed and apologized to him. Mark just took off his jacket and glared at you furiously. "I'm really sorry." "The first day of school...." Mark sighed, still glaring at you. You bit your lips nervously, not knowing what to do. "Why? Are you going to cry in front of me? Are you going to tell your mom?" Mark rolled his eyes and walked away. You scoffed at his behavior. "Rude much." You walked out the cafe and head to your destination. Who is he to talk to me like that? So what if he's good looking? Tch. I'm good looking too. Kids these days just don't know how to speak formally. You cursed the boy mentally. Silently hoping that you won't meet him again, but when you bumped into him, you didn't even realize that he's a student from the school you're going. May God bless you, Amen.

Meanwhile... *sneeze* "Darn it, I'm getting sick already?" Mark groaned in frustration. "Mark hyung, are you okay?" The boys asked, already knew what happened since they heard Mark shouted back then. Jackson let out his high pitch laugh, "At least the girl was quite cute. Right?" He teased. "Whatever." Mark poked his toast with the fork angrily, shoving it into his mouth. As long as I won't see her again. The boys continued their conversation, sharing stories about their holidays, planning hang outs although it's only the first day of school. "It's 8 already, should we go now?" "Yeah, let's go." "We're late already." "Who cares."

"These are your new teachers who will be interning at our prestigious Seoul Boys High School from today onwards. Please welcome our new teachers, who stand before you with dreams and hopes of..." Mr. Lee blabbered, introducing the new comers to the staffs. The teachers clapped warmly, they even give you some guides. After getting all the things you needed, you walked to your assigned class, 3A. Walking down the empty hallway, you got more excited. It has begun. 

"Woah, that teacher is pretty!" "Wooooo!" "I hope she's teaching one of our classes." "Hot chick." 

Class 3A. Here you are, standing outside the classroom while Mr. Lee is talking to the students. "You may come in, Ms. Min." You stepped into the classroom nervously, the students kept on mumbling upon seeing a new comer. "Is she a student here?" "No way. this is a boys' school." "She's cute." You stood beside Mr. Lee and faced the students, 38 pairs of eyes staring at you intently. "Alright, this is Ms. Min Haneul, who will begin today as a student teacher." You scanned around the classroom, relieved that the boy you bumped in the morning is not in your class. "She will be in charge of our class throughout the year, so should we or shouldn't we help her out?" "We should!" They chirped. "Ms. Min Haneul, please greet the students." "Yes." You stood over Mr. Lee's spot and bowed. "Hello, I'm Min Haneul." They clapped and cheered happily. Aww, so this is how a teacher feels like. I'll make sure to be the fantasy of all you young things. "It's my first time so I'm sure I won't be perfect, and have a lot of things I don't know either. But-" "Oh, it's the girl." Jackson suddenly walked in from the back door with a cocky smile, and walked to his seat. What...? "Erm.. If you all help me..." You continued your speech. "Oh. Look who's here." JB walked in this time and gave you the smile like he did earlier in the morning. You started getting nervous, "We can create fun memories..." Mark walked in while holding his jacket on his shoulders and looked up. He gave you a cocky smirk. "T-then it would be nice." You stuttered when you saw how he smirked at you. 

"Isn't she that cutie from the cafe earlier this morning?" Jackson said and looked at you from head to toe. "What's she doing in here?" JB too. "This would be fun." Mark crossed his arms and stared at you.