Taoris

12 Days of EXO

“Can we Yifan? Can we?”

 

“Zitao, it’s freezing outside.”

 

“So?”

 

“You’re absolutely hopeless, you know that?”

 

Zitao grins. “I know.”

 

Sighing, Yifan nods and tries to drown out the other’s squeals. “Just go get your coat. And you have to have a scarf too because I can’t afford to stay home and take care of you if you get sick.”

 

Zitao sticks his tongue out. “Yes dad.”

 

“Oh, .”

 

“Yifan!” Zitao flounces out of the room, leaving Yifan chuckling to himself as he pulls his coat on and steps into his boots.

 

Five minutes later and he’s still waiting on Zitao to be ready. “He wanted to go out in the first place,” Yifan grumbles to himself. “And yet I’m waiting on him. It’s not like it’s a fashion show or anything.”

 

But to Zitao, it’s always a fashion show. And it’s the story of Yifan’s life, waiting for his boyfriend to get ready and taking long to do so. Even something as trivial as going to the grocery is looked at like a new opportunity to showcase his on-point outfit-at least, that’s what Zitao claims.

 

“Okay, I’m ready.” Zitao comes into the room, adjusting the last of his buttons. Yifan rolls his eyes as he starts towards the door.

 

“Finally. You’re the one who wanted to go out in the first place and yet I end up waiting for you and-”

 

“You know there’s no such thing as natural beauty,” Zitao interrupts, following Yifan out the door and smiling sweetly at him. “It takes real effort to look like this.”

 

“Oh I know.”

 

“You’re terrible.”

 

“I’m kidding.” Yifan takes the younger’s hand. “Honey,” he adds for effect because Zitao loves it when he’s called ‘honey’. He’s spoiled rotten and Yifan thinks he should do something about it but he can’t bring himself to stop.

 

“You are a natural beauty.”

 

“I know.” Zitao sniffs but he feels warm inside, like he had taken a sip of hot chocolate after being out in the snow. Yifan is sweet sometimes in complimenting and even though he pretends it’s not a big deal, every little word he says has him falling in love all over again.

 

They walk in comfortable silence, hands intertwined as they head for their destination at the end of the street. It’s not far and it hasn’t yet snowed but it’s still exceptionally cold outside, mostly because of the wind.

 

“Okay, now make this fast,” Yifan says when they enter the shop. “I told Luhan I would give him a call later and you know how much he talks.”

 

“Only about Sehun.” Zitao’s eyes wander around the shop, finally going up to the menu hanging behind the counter. He taps his toe, debating pros and cons of getting different flavors as Yifan groans impatiently next to him.

 

“It’ll just be a minute,” says Zito, noticing Yifan’s annoyance.

 

“That’s what you always say.”

 

“I mean it this time.” Smirking at him, Zitao slithers a hand into his pocket to retrieve the elder’s wallet. “Thanks honey.”

 

“Why am I the one paying? You wanted it.”

 

“Are you not in the giving mood? It’s the season for it, you know.”

 

“Only if you give me something in return.” Yifan plants a quick kiss on Zitao’s lips, not caring if people were staring.

 

“That’s it?” sputters Zitao when he pulls away. Yifan winks.

 

“For now. Just wait until we get home.”

 

“You're so weird,” groans Zitao, going up to the counter and giving the cashier a winning smile. “Hello, I’d like a chocolate strawberry milkshake please.”

 

Raising their eyebrows, the cashier nods and goes to make Zitao’s order.

 

“I really don’t understand why you would want a milkshake in this weather,” comments Yifan. “I mean, I almost froze my balls off outside.”

 

“What a shame. Then it’d be hard for me to give s.”

 

“You’re getting bolder.” Zitao gives his boyfriend an approving glance. Zitao used to be awkward when out in public and displaying their relationship but he’s been getting much more outspoken about it. Not that Yifan’s complaining, it’s kind of hot in his opinion.

 

Zitao grins. “Why do you think I’ve been spending so much time with Jongin?” He’s called away for a minute to pick up his order and after paying, sticks two straws in the milkshake.

 

“Why two?”

 

“So we can share. Duh.”

 

“You want to share?”

 

“It’s very romantic, wouldn’t you think so?”

 

“If I wasn’t freezing my balls off,” mutters Yifan, following Zitao out of the warm shop and out back into the cold.

 

“What did you say?” Zitao asks innocently, locking hands with the elder and it takes all the latter has not to repeat it.

 

“Nothing.”

 

Zitao takes a sip of the milkshake, his face lighting up at the taste and the sight is almost enough for Yifan to forget how cold it is outside. Almost.

 

He likes that such small things make Zitao happy. Their friends see it differently-they see Zitao as a very demanding boyfriend who needs big gestures of love to convince him of love and yes, Zitao likes those every once in a while but the true way to please him is little romantic things.

 

Especially during the holiday season, when almost anything can make Zitao happy.

 

“Here, try it.”

 

Yifan’s broken out of his thoughts when a straw is shoved almost in his mouth by the younger. He hesitantly does take a sip and it is good but it’s cold and right now, that’s all he can focus on.

 

Zitao gazes at him expectantly. “Well? Isn’t it good?”

 

“For the summer,” Yifan manages around his frozen tongue. “How can you stand to have it now?” He sees his breath in puffs of cold air and thinks he must have married a psycho. No one in their right mind would want to be having a milkshake when it’s below freezing.

 

“It’s not that bad,” frowns Zitao. “You just have thin blood, is all.”

 

“I do not.

 

“Or maybe it’s because you didn’t use your head?”

 

“I have a head, okay!”

 

“Oh honey, I know.” Zitao laughs lightly, his breath fading away into the sky. “You’re just not manly enough, it’s okay. I understand.”

 

Yifan scowls, his grip on Zitao’s tightening. “You’ll find out just how manly I can be when we get home.”


A/N: So who caught that little Taoris convo I through in there? Anyone?

I don't even know what this is. It kind of got away from me. 

If anyone has any ideas for the other couples, let me know please! :)