Sulay

12 Days of EXO

“I have no idea what I’m going to do,” groans Yixing, resting his head on his crossed arms. He had been looking online at some shops, trying to figure out what to get Joonmyun for Christmas.

 

He had already gone out shopping at the mall but that had turned out to be a big zero, so he tried the Internet, hoping it would have some good ideas. Jongdae did always say the internet has everything.

 

Once again though, nothing.  

 

Yixing raises his head, cradling it in his hands as he stares balefully at the screen. “What am I supposed to get the guy that has everything?”

 

Joonmyun is very rich, being the youngest CEO ever at the company. He can buy whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and he always takes advantage of it by spoiling Yixing randomly.

 

Yixing can never return the favor, much as he wants to. He works as a music teacher and even though Joonmyun tells him he doesn’t want anything in return, or that he doesn’t have to work, that he’s supported, Yixing likes his job enough to keep at it.

 

“Seriously, he can have whatever he wants...what am I supposed to do?” Yixing puffs out his cheeks before blowing out in a sigh. He finds talking to himself a rather nice way of working through things and clearing them up and understanding and pretty much just his own therapy session. It usually helps him think but now it’s not doing anything for him.

 

“And he tells me he doesn’t want anything,” continues Yixing, exiting out of the tab so now all that’s up is his email. “But then I tell him that too and he insists on getting me something. I just...I want it to be something special.”

 

He leans back in his chair, closing his eyes and huffing in exasperation. “Should I ask the others? They should have an idea, right? Jongdae should know...but no, I can’t pester him for something. I need to do this on my own.”

 

He goes through all the options in his head for what seems like the hundredth time-clothes? Not a chance. Joonmyun buys new clothes frequently and even if Yixing did look for something, he’d have no idea what to get. Joonmyun likes suits and ties, button-up shirts and belts. Yixing likes his comfortable jeans and a jacket.

 

So that’s out.

 

An electronic of sorts?

 

That wouldn’t work either. He just got a new phone and it’s not like they need another TV somewhere. Sooner or later, they’re going to have to put it in the bathroom or something and Yixing would not allow for that.

 

That’s out too.

 

He’s too old for toys or games...well, not all toys but Yixing is much too bashful to go out and get the toys Joonmyun would like. It’s too embarrassing.

 

Joonmyun did always says he wanted a large stuffed bear to sleep with at night-something he just told Yixing, of course-but that was just to cuddle with. Now that they have each other, Yixing thinks he’d get jealous of the bear if Joonmyun wanted to sleep with that instead.

 

“What do I get the guy that has everything?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

Yixing’s eyes fly open and he whirls the desk chair around to see Joonmyun leaning in the doorway, arms crossed casually and smiling gently.

 

“You scared me,” Yixing says, his heart slowing down. “I didn’t think you’d be back this early.”

 

“Well I am.” Joonmyun continues to smile and a thought flashes through Yixing’s mind, making him feel suddenly self-conscious.  

 

“Um, how long...have you been standing there?” he asks sheepishly, making Joonmyun chuckle a little bit.

 

“Since ‘What am I supposed to give the guy that has everything?’ ”

 

“Oh.” Yixing laughs awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. “That long, huh?”

 

Joonmyun nods, coming in and sitting in the other desk chair, sliding it closer to his lover.

 

“You could’ve knocked. Or let me know. Or-or something, so I didn’t look like a complete fool-”

 

“But you didn’t look like a fool,” breaks in Joonmyun, frowning when he sees how downtrodden Yixing really is. “What’s wrong Yixing?”

 

“Oh, it’s nothing.”

 

“Now, Yixing.” Joonmyun takes the younger’s hand, interlocking their fingers. “You can tell me.”

 

“It’s really nothing.”

 

“Yixing.”

 

He sighs, knowing there’s no way around it. “I just don’t know what to get you. You know, for Christmas. You have everything and you can get anything and I just...I want it to be special.”

 

“Yixing, you don’t have to get me anything.”

 

“But I want to.”

 

“I already have all I need.” Joonmyun kisses the back of Yixing’s hand, making him smile lightly. “I don’t want anything else. I don’t need anything else.”

 

“That’s sweet of you to say, but still...I want to give you something.

 

Where is this attitude when they’re having ? thinks Joonmyun wishfully, before he shakes that thought off.

 

“It doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive,” Joonmyun tells the other, kissing his hand again. “It doesn’t even need to be bought. It can be something you made.”

 

“Something I...made?”

 

“Yeah. Something homemade. You’ve been cooking a lot since you’ve started to hang out with Kyungsoo more.”

 

Yixing pouts. “But I always cook you something. I want this to be different. I want this to be special.

 

“You are special, Yixing.”

 

They fall into silence, Yixing staring off into space.

 

Something homemade...something special? What can he do that is homemade and special? Hmm…

 

A song. He can write a song.

 

“That’s it!” he cries out excitedly and Joonmyun looks at him curiously.

 

“What’s it?”

 

“What I’m going to get you!” Then Yixing realizes. “I mean, I think I have an idea. You know, for your gift. But don’t ask, I won’t tell.”

 

Joonmyun chuckles. “That’s great, Yixing. Don’t worry, I won’t be prying it out of you right now.” He winks. “I’ll be getting out something much more valuable later on.”


A/N: So Sulay started out sweet and the ending...I don't even know.
On another note, happy birthday Kim Jongin! Continue to dance and sing and dream beautifully but don't forget to take care of yourself too!
Last chapter should be up by the end of this week. Look forward to it everyone :)