Taoris

12 Days of EXO

“For the last time, you are not drawing our card’s designs.”

Yifan pouts, or gets as close to pouting as he can. “But why not?”

“There’s too many, first off. We don’t have enough time.” Zitao lists the reasons, counting them off his fingers. “Your quality will go down the more we have. Honey, I just want things to be as easy as possible.”

Who is he kidding? He just doesn’t want Yifan drawing anything because as much as the elder claims he’s an artist, he’s not. Not in the slightest. Zitao can’t say that to his face though, so he comes up with as many other excuses as he can.

“I’ll draw whatever you want me to. I can do a tree, or snowflakes, or-or whatever you want,” Yifan tries to bargain.

“Honey-”

“I’ll even draw you .”

“God no!” Zitao feels his cheeks heat up. “These are freaking Christmas cards, not a time for you to draw me…like that.

Yifan thinks for a minute. “I guess you’re right.” He hugs the younger from behind, a smirk gracing his face. “I’m the only one allowed to see you like that.”

“Get off, you.” Zitao peels himself away, sitting down at the table where the cards, envelopes, address book and stamps are all arranged neatly. He had had some help from Minseok before, knowing how much the elder is organized. Zitao? Not so much.

“We just need to finish these and then we’ll be good.”

“Can I draw you some other time?”

“You’re going to anyway,” points out Zitao, shrugging as he pulls the stack of cards closer. “Just after these.”

Yifan stares at him. “You must really love that Gucci.”

The younger just sticks his tongue out. Yifan always threatens no more Gucci unless Zitao allows himself to be drawn and the elder now uses it against him all the time.

“It’s not just that.”

“So you like being drawn?”

“Can you just not?”

“Zitao.” Yifan seats himself across from the other, cradling his head in his hands. “Can I do just one picture?”

“No.”

“They’re just going to our friends.”

“And our families.”

Yifan frowns. “Yours and mine both know I’m an artist.”

Taking a deep breath to placate himself, Zitao smiles sweetly. “They’re going to our bosses.”

That seems to make Yifan reconsider. “I could only do select-”      

“Honey.” Zitao leans across the table, cupping Yifan’s face in his hands gently and looking the elder straight in the eye. “You can’t draw worth crap.”

He goes back to writing out addresses calmly, not looking up, even casually humming a carol.

Frowning, Yifan stares at him. That was a low blow.

“I think you broke something.”

“Your heart?” teases Zitao.

“More like my pride.”

“Aww, honey.” Zitao glances up, his face apologetic. “You know I love you. And I love your…drawings too. But not everyone else will. You have a very…distinct sense of style, one that not everybody can handle.”

“Then it’s a good thing you do to.”

“Don’t try and change the subject.” Zitao crosses a name off of the list, quickly counting down how many more people they have to go.

It’s not that Yifan’s drawings are that bad, really. He just doesn’t want them to take attention away from the cute picture they had picked out-well, Zitao had picked out. It’s of them at the beach, very laid-back and casual but stylish.

Zitao also thinks Yifan has enough of an ego. He doesn’t need any more.

“You’re really not going to let me draw anything on it, are you?”

“Nope.”

“That’s what I thought.” Feeling mischievous, Yifan gets up from the chair, coming around the table to stand behind the younger.

Zitao doesn’t notice, sticking a stamp on one of the letters before tossing it into the finished pile.

“I guess I’ll just have to draw on something else then.” Yifan snakes his arms around Zitao, managing to almost pick him up, the younger’s so late.

“Yifan!” squeals Zitao, turning around in his arms to look at the taller. “What are you doing? I still have to-”

“I must draw.” Yifan leans down, starting to place light kisses on Zitao’s neck, slowly moving down to his collarbones, swirling pictures and patterns with his tongue.

“This…really is-isn’t the…time,” gasps out Zitao, his knees feeling weak. Every spot Yifan has touched leaves a pleasing burn, managing to make him feel hot when it’s snowing and freezing outside.

“When will it be?”

“L-later…”

“Not now?” Yifan smiles into the younger’s skin, feeling his resolving crumbling. “You sound like you’re not so sure.”

“I’m not,” Zitao gets out, hating the way Yifan is distracting him right now. It even more because Yifan is the perfect distraction and he knows if they continue this, the cards won’t be getting done for at least another two days.

“I thought…of something else you…you could ,” Zitao says, tilting his head back when Yifan bites his neck.

“Oh? And what would that be?”

It takes every ounce of self-control, but Zitao pulls himself away from his boyfriend, his brain still a bit fuzzy.

He reaches behind him and picks up an envelope, holding it in front of him.

Yifan stares at it, confused for a moment. “What?”

“You can this,” explains Zitao, feeling happily victorious as he watches Yifan’s expression change from one of confusion to understanding to annoyance.

“You’re not funny.”

“I know. I’m hilarious.”

“I hate you.”

“I know.”

“Zitao, you’re killing me here.”

“I know.”

“Look honey-”

Zitao puts a finger to Yifan’s lips, winking at him. “If we finish these in good time, then there may be enough time for you to get what you really want.”


A/N: I hope everyone's been enjoying it so far. Comments are love.

I really should be studying bio right now but...sorry not sorry.