Baekyeol

12 Days of EXO

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun peers around the bedroom door, frowning when he sees the empty bed. “Aish, that guy...where could he be?”

He had already checked the kitchen and the bathrooms and he’s pretty sure he’s not in the office. Chanyeol hates doing work on his days off. It’s a day off for a reason.

 

“Chanyeol! Where are you?” His voice echoes back at him and he sighs. It’s like he’s a child, honestly. Baekhyun usually doesn’t mind it too much but right now is not the best time.

 

He’s a grown man and can take care of himself but Baekhyun likes being the one to take care of him. As annoying as it can be sometimes, especially when Chanyeol’s acting especially childish.

 

But that’s just one of the things he loves about Chanyeol.

 

He wanders back to the front door, having been in such a hurry he didn’t even take his coat off. Brushing some snowflakes off of it, he shrugs it off and kicks his boots together to get snow off of them to, before noticing.

 

There’s supposed to be another pair of boots near the door. Chanyeol’s.

 

There’s not.

 

“He better not be doing what I think he’s doing,” grumbles Baekhyun, realization dawning. He stomps out the front door, leaving his coat behind in his hurry.

 

Seconds later, he wishes he hadn’t because it’s freaking freezing out here. Crossing his arms over his chest to try and keep some body heat, he follows the faint footprints outlined roughly in the snow he had just noticed. Honestly, he’s surprised he hadn’t seen them in the first place.

 

Following them to the back of the house with his teeth chattering, Baekhyun mutters a string of curses. It’s not like he’s planning on being outside in the snow for long but he kind of wishes he had kept his coat on for at least a few more seconds.

 

Reaching the backyard, Baekhyun stops mid-step.

 

His boyfriend is froliking out in the snow, completely carefree and acting like a kid. His coat is flapping around his body and his booming laugh is so loud Baekhyun half-wonders how no one else is hearing it. Their houses may be spaced a little bit apart but it’s echoing off the back of the house.

 

If he wasn’t freezing, Baekhyun would’ve enjoyed the sight of his playful boyfriend. He would’ve wanted to join in, even.

 

But he’s cold and tired and Chanyeol is supposed to be resting because he had caught a little bit of a cold earlier in the month. From not wearing a coat while out in the snow, what else? Baekhyun’s glad to know that he’s at least taken that much away from getting sick but it’s still beside the fact.

 

“Chanyeol!” he yells, taking a few steps forward, his hands close to being frozen as he clenches them harder. He really should’ve brought his coat out.

 

Chanyeol glances up, snowflakes sticking to his eyelashes. “Baek! You’re back!” His eyes widen and his grin fades as he realizes what that means. “Oh, you’re back.”

 

“And aren’t you supposed to be resting?” replies Baekhyun, coming over to meet the other. “I thought you were in bed. You took a day off to recover, not-”

 

“But this is recovering!” protests Chanyeol, grinning again. “It’s rejuvenating! It’s energizing! I feel better now than I would be just laying in bed.”

 

“What if it was in bed with me?”

 

“Well...of course not. But you weren’t there and this…” Chanyeol gestures around to the snow-covered backyard. “This is the next best thing.”

 

“I g-guess so,” Baekhyun says through his chattering teeth. “But you should s-still be resting.” Chanyeol frowns at him.

 

“Shouldn’t you be wearing a coat?”

 

Baekhyun shrugs, sincerely wishing he was. “I was in hurry f-finding you. I wish I was t-though.”

 

Chanyeol whips off his scarf and winds it around Baekhyun’s neck. “You should go inside Baek or you’ll be the one staying home from work.”

 

“Tight,” Baekhyun says, reaching one hand up to loosen the scarf Chanyeol’s making just a little too tight when tying it.

 

Chanyeol smiles widely and mischievously. “I know you are.”

 

“God, you would t-think the cold would make you less ,” groans Baekhyun. Chanyeol just laughs before getting serious once more.

 

“Why were you worrying about me? You need to go inside.”

 

“It’s hard n-not to worry about you.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes but smiles as the younger takes his hands, starting to blow on them.

 

“Your hands are seriously like ice, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol’s breath is hot on Baekhyun’s fingers and he thinks it’s almost worth it to be freezing his balls off outside if just for this.

 

“You’re doing a good job of w-warming them.”

 

“Should I warm the rest of you too?”

 

“If you want to.”

 

They stare at each other for a few moments, snow falling around their faces and getting stuck in their eyelashes and hair.

 

“You look good in snow,” Chanyeol finally comments, still blowing on Baekhyun’s hands and the latter snorts.

 

“Thanks. I’ll try and wear it more often.”

 

“Or you could wear nothing more often?”

 

“In this weather? Not a chance.”

 

“Let’s get you inside then.” Chanyeol starts to lead Baekhyun by the hand back around the side of the house, their feet crunching in the snow. It’s a calming noise, Baekhyun thinks. If only it wasn’t so cold.

 

“Had you been out long?” he asks, clenching Chanyeol’s hand a little tighter. It’s nice that he’s so much taller because he’s doing a good job of blocking the wind’s

direction of blowing snow right in Baekhyun’s face.

 

Chanyeol shrugs. “Not really. Maybe half-hour? Forty-five minutes? Not a long time. I didn’t know you’d be home earlier.” He chances a shy glance at the elder, still a bit abashed to be caught goofing when supposed to be resting.

 

“At least you w-weren’t out there too long to get even more sick.”

 

“I think you’re the one getting sick now,” says Chanyeol as Baekhyun sneezes. The latter shakes his head, sniffing.

 

“I hope not. If I do, I know who to blame.”

 

“You didn’t have to come outside to find me.”

 

“How can I not want to be with you?”

 

Chanyeol grins and stays quiet until they’re at the front of the house. Baekhyun bites his chapped lips.

 

“You can stay out here,” he says, sneezing again. “I mean, you were h-having so much fun outside and you don’t have to stop because of me.”

Chanyeol winks at him as he pulls him up the porch. “But I can think of so much more fun things to do inside.”


A/N: Happy new year everyone! Even though it's pretyt late... I hope everyone had a good holiday. Here's some fluffy Baekyeol as a late present. :) If anyone has any ideas for the Taoris next chapter, feel free to drop a coment below!