Xiuchen

12 Days of EXO

“I have to love him so much,” Jongdae mutters quietly to himself, tiptoeing down the stairs as silently as he can. “Either that or I’m the biggest pabo in the world.” The day’s conversation comes flooding back to him.

“Of course I still believe in Santa. Why are you asking me that?”

Jongdae grins, turning his face away so Minseok won’t see. “No reason.”

Minseok frowns at him suspiciously. “You’re acting weird.”

“I’m always weird.”

“Is that really something you want to admit to yourself?”

They had continued on like that and soon the conversation had been forgotten. But Jongdae still remembered.

He tightens his hold on the bell attached to the Santa hat, hoping it won’t ring as loudly as he knows it can. Minseok is a deep sleeper but one can never be too careful.

He opens the coat closet quietly, ruffling through the pile on the ground for the presents he hid there.

Minseok cleans the whole house except for this closet, which is the perfect place to store his presents. Of course, the elder had assigned it to Jongdae as his only place to clean in the first place but he’s pretty much given up on that by now.

Looking over his shoulder to make sure he’s still alone, Jongdae pulls out the three presents he had stuffed under the pile. The wrapping paper crinkles slightly but in the silence of the night, it sounds like a gunshot and he freezes, waiting for something to happen.

But nothing does and he breathes a sigh of relief, moving steadily to put the presents under their small tree.

He had insisted on keeping the tree lit the whole night, the flashing lights playing patterns on the wall. He had really only wanted it so he could have light when he snuck downstairs but Minseok didn’t need to know that.

The elder had reminded him about the electric bill but in the end had relented, knowing he can’t deny Jongdae anything.

If only he knew just how whipped Jongdae was for him.

Jongdae notices the plate of cookies and the glass of milk sitting on the floor next to the tree and can’t help but smile. His boyfriend is just so cute sometimes.

They were the cookies they had decorated before, all three of them very festive and Christmas-y. Minseok had refused Jongdae’s choices, for obvious reasons.

“I don’t think Santa would appreciate having cookies that show the anatomy of the human body,” he had scolded Jongdae, who was laughing loudly.

In the end they had settled for a snowman, a Christmas tree, and a snowflake. Jongdae liked them, but he liked his own better.

Minseok had set out a bowl of carrots too, having explained they were for the reindeer while Jongdae just listened quietly. Less carrots for him meant less salad, which meant more chocolate (if Jongin hadn’t eaten it all) and he wasn’t going to complain about that.

Finished with arranging the presents just how he liked them, he stands up and nods in approval, satisfied with his work.

There’s a creak behind him and Jongdae swears his heart stops for a moment.

Slowly he turns around to see Minseok standing at the bottom of the stairs, rubbing one eye sleepily. He looks almost like a child and if Jongdae wasn’t so scared that he’s now screwed, he would’ve cooed at the view.

“Jongdae?” Minseok yawns, blinking his eyes slowly. “What are you doing?” His gaze trails to the Santa hat Jongdae’s wearing and the younger immediately snatches it off his head, holding it behind his back.

“I was just…uh…bathroom! I was going to the bathroom.”

Minseok raises an eyebrow. “Down here? We have one upstairs.”

“I know that,” Jongdae hastily says, trying to come up with an explanation. “I just didn’t want to, uh, wake you by flushing and everything.”

“So you came down here?”

“Yeah!” Jongdae nods, hoping Minseok won’t notice the addition of presents under the tree or the hat ringing behind his back. “You should go back to bed now since it’s Christmas Eve and all. You wouldn’t want Santa to not come because you’re awake, right?” He uses one hand to push Minseok gently towards the stairs, still hiding the hat behind him.

“Aren’t you coming too?” asks Minseok.

“Yeah, in a second. I just, uh, forgot my glasses in there.” Jongdae scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. “You know I can’t see very well without them and since it’s nighttime and dark and everything, I, uh, brought them down here with me.”

“Uh huh.” Minseok just looks at him, long and hard, and Jongdae shifts under the stare.

“What? It’s true!”

“I know it is, I just…never mind.” Minseok starts to go up the stairs but then turns back around. “Why do you have a Santa hat?”

“Santa hat?” Jongdae’s eyes widen and he laughs nervously, cursing himself for being careless and Minseok being observant and himself for doing all of this for Minseok in the first place. “I found it…in the bathroom.”

“The bathroom.”

“Yeah, the bathroom. Jongin must have left it there when he was here earlier.”

Minseok nods and Jongdae gives himself a pat on the back for having come up with such a good explanation under pressure. He’s really starting to impress himself.

“Well, you should bring it upstairs when you’re done.”

Jongdae looks at him, a little confused. “What?”

“Think of the things that can be done with a Santa hat.”

“Are you thinking what I think you’re thinking?”

Minseok grins and Jongdae has never been more grateful for the bundle of raging hormones that is his boyfriend.

“Only one way to find out.”


A/N: This idea was given to me by the lovely JayneLeeSS. Thanks love! :) I hope you enjoyed it. In case anyone else has ideas, please comment below.

'Words Aren't Enough' is still open for love. Plese check it out :)

This might be my last update because tomorrow I'm going out of town and won't get back until New Year's. If so, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year's and I love all of you for reading, subscribing, commenting, etc.

Merry Christmas!