Sulay

12 Days of EXO

“How many times have I told you not to wander off?” Joonmyun scolds his boyfriend, who looks back at him innocently.

“I’m not a child,” he protests, smiling a little and a dimple prettily poking out on his cheek. “But look Joonmyun, isn’t it wonderful?” He gestures to the store window where a large tree is set up, complete with twinkling lights and brightly-wrapped presents underneath it. The star glows beautifully on the top of it and if they hadn’t spent forever on their own tree which they were so proud of, Joonmyun might have been a little jealous of it.

“Yes Yixing, it is. And I could spend a lot longer looking at it and I know you could too. But we have to go now, Kyungsoo’s party starts in a couple hours and I still have to shower. And change.” He gazes down at himself in simple jeans and a sweater. It hasn’t gotten too cold outside yet but he knows the temperatures are going to be dropping any day now. “Come to think of it, I just need a while to look decent, and you know how long that takes.”

"You look fine, you always to." Yixing waves his concerns away. "Why do you think I've stuck with you for so long?

"Because I look decent and have a lot of money?"

Yixing rolls his eyes but smiles anyhow. "Yes, that's exactly why I love you."

"I knew it," says Joonmyun decisively, making Yixing snort.

“You're a genuis. Anyway, it said to be casual. Just because you’re some big boss, that doesn’t mean you have to dress like it all the time.”

“That’s how I’m labeled as?” Joonmyun takes Yixing’s hand as they start to walk away from the window. “Big boss?”

Yixing blinks. “Should I call you something else?”

Shaking his head, Joonmyun laughs a little. “No, that’s fine. I just didn’t realize… Does that count in bed too?”

“Joonmyun!” Yixing’s cheeks tint red, making the elder laugh harder. Even though Yixing is the y dancer (only y for him, Joonmyun might add,) he was still very shy when it came to talking about their life. Or anyone’s life, really. He was only comfortable with it when they were alone and they were usually too busy to be talking anyway.

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding. We don’t have to talk about it-now.”

“And I thought you were supposed to be the responsible one.”

“I am responsible.”

Yixing looks around to make sure no one is listening to their conversation but the people around them bustling this way and that, intent on finishing their shopping that really should’ve been done ages ago. “You’re talking about our life out in the open.”

“Is it bad I want everyone to know that-”

“Maybe we should’ve spent a little longer at that store window,” breaks in Yixing hastily, his cheeks still blushing pink. Not able to resist, Joonmyun gives him a quick peck.

“Okay I’m done, I promise.”

Yixing breathes a sigh of relief. “Good, because I-”

“Until tonight.”

Yixing whacks the elder in the arm with his free hand not claimed by Joonmyun. “You’re absolutely hopeless.”

Joonmyun just grins. It’s really only with Yixing that he can be this joking. Usually with the others, he needs to give off more of a responsible vide-to keep them in line and show a good example. It never works too much, since they’re all mostly grown and super stubborn but he’s been in this habit too long to stop now.

He doesn’t even mind that Yixing stops at almost every storefront, looking at this window and that window, commenting on how festive and pretty everything is.

It’s been a while since they’ve had time like this to themselves and even though they went shopping for their friends, it was still nice all the same.

“That’s really cool!” Yixing points excitedly to a snowman display, where the family of four are linking hands and smiling with their coal-made mouths. “Get it? Cool? Because they’re snowmen?”

“And you said I’m the hopeless one,” Joonmyun accuses lightly, nudging his boyfriend in the side.

“But you are.” Yixing pouts, dragging Joonmyun away to the next window and the elder lets him, not minding the least.

“Oh look Joonmyun! Look!”

Joonmyun follows the other’s enthusiastic finger, pointing directly at a neat display of-

“Christmas sweaters?”           

Yixing nods happily, stopping right in front of the window. He may have even pressed his hands up to the class like a kid if Joonmyun hadn’t been holding one.

“Look at them Joonmyun, aren’t they wonderful?”

Joonmyun can admit they’re wonderful-wonderfully ugly. He knows that’s kind of the point of Christmas sweaters, to be as unattractive as possible, but that doesn’t make them any more appealing.

“I want one.”

Joonmyun blinks. “What?”

“I want one,” repeats Yixing, glancing over at him. “Please?” He looks almost like a puppy, blinking adorably at Joonmyun.

Joonmyun would buy Yixing the world and more if he wanted, but an ugly Christmas sweater? That’s asking a little much. And he loves all that traditional crap and everything.

“You want a Christmas sweater?” he says slowly, almost not understanding.

Yixing nods, smiling widely at him. “Yeah! They’re just so festive and fun and we could get everyone one, as like, like, a group gift! We could hand them out tonight, wouldn’t that be fun? Oh please Joonmyun, it would be so great!”

“I mean…” Joonmyun pauses. He can’t say no to Yixing even if he wanted to and honestly, the way the other was talking about them, made him kind of want one too. “Okay, fine. But you’re picking them out,” he adds as Yixing squeals in delight. “I’ll just pay for them, you’re in charge of getting good ones.”

“Of course!” Yixing drags him by the wrist inside, starting to sift excitedly through the piles of sweaters, each one looking uglier than the last.

“This is so fun,” he hums, hands trailing over them. “Everyone will have one and we could even take some pictures too, just to be in the spirit. I can’t wait!”

Watching Yixing get so happy over mere sweaters makes any last traces of annoyance fade away and Joonmyun thinks he’s never loved Yixing more.

“They’re so comfortable too! And they-”

“You know, I think they’ll only look good coming off of you,” muses Joonmyun thoughtfully, making Yixing blush.

“Is that the only thing you’re thinking about?”

“It’s the only thing that’s making this whole thing bearable.”

“Come on Joonmyun, Christmas sweaters are fun! And you know…” He leans in closer to the shorter, breath light on Joonmyun’s ear.

“I bet you can think of a few different uses for them.”


A/N: Wow, I really need to get on this. This is overdue. But hopefully fluffy Sulay makes up for it.

But finals are done with, yay! I have a a few weeks until I find out how terrible I've done. I'll jut drown myself in EXO feels until them.

If anyone has any ideas for any of the pairings, please please comment and comment and comment because I'm kind of out of them (finals fried my brain). It can be any pairing (the six I've done, which will include Kaisoo), any holiday idea, whatever you want. It'd be much appreciated. :)

Thanks for everything and continue to give this story lots of love!