Kaisoo

12 Days of EXO

“I cannot believe you’re doing this.”

Jongin glances over. “What? It’s a good idea and you know it.”

Kyungsoo sighs in exasperation. “It’s not a good idea, it’s a terrible idea. And you know that.”

“But hyung…” Jongin almost whines, pouting. “You never like any of my ideas! And this will be something to mix it up a little, isn’t that fun?”

“I don’t think placing mistletoe over every doorway in this house is what you would consider ‘fun’.”

“Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean everyone else won’t.” Jongin makes a point to turn his back on the elder as he hangs up another mistletoe plant, making sure to place it perfectly in the middle of the doorway.

“I just don’t see the point of it,” comments Kyungsoo, following Jongin as he goes to the archway opening into the living room. “I mean, our friends kiss all the time. They don’t really need the excuse of mistletoe to make out or whatever.”

“It’s getting in the holiday spirit,” explains Jongin. “Come on hyung, this is going to be fun! Where’s your holiday spirit? Where’s that festive side to you I know so well?”

“I can only be festive in so many things,” mutters Kyungsoo, crossing his arms over his chest.

Jongin thinks for a moment. “I suppose that’s fair. You were pretty festive when you let me put those holly beads in-”

“I swear if you start talking about , I will end you.”

“Oh come on hyung, no one’s here.” Jongin sets down the other mistletoe plants, to Kyungsoo’s relief, and winds his arms around the smaller. “We could really do whatever we want. I think these plants can come in handy for more than one thing, if you know what I mean.”

“This is definitely not the time for this,” says Kyungsoo, slithering out of the younger’s grip and making him pout.

“But hyung…”

Kyungsoo jut shakes his head. How can this guy go from being all y to whining like a cute puppy? He really just doesn’t understand.

“Just continue putting your mistletoe up,” he tells Jongin. “It’ll make for a good distraction.”

“But I don’t want to be distracted.” Jongin reaches for his boyfriend again but Kyungsoo dodges it, rolling his eyes.

“Honestly, you’re so clingy. I have to cook for the party so can you keep it in your pants for that long?”

“I don’t know hyung, it’s kind of a long time,” says Jongin, pretending to think. Kyungsoo flicks him in the forehead gently. “Yah!”

“Don’t bother me until you’re done.” Kyungsoo heads to the kitchen, leaving a pouting Jongin behind.

“Why does hyung have to be so annoying?” he mumbles to himself. “It’s not even that big of a deal anyway.”

He pulls a chair over to the archway over the front door, balancing carefully on top of it.

Their house has a lot of archways, now that he thinks about it. There are more of them then there are actual doors, which makes more mistletoe to be hung. He doesn’t mind it that much; after all, Kyungsoo was the one who wanted it in the first place. He liked the architecture and how everything’s so open and inviting.

Jongin could really have cared less but Kyungsoo really wanted it and he can’t refuse his hyung anything.

He tapes the mistletoe to the top of it, giving a nod of satisfaction when he’s finished. He must have been so caught up in his work though, that when he goes to leap down from the chair, he slips on hits the ground much harder than he meant to.

“Ow…”

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo, hearing the crash, bursts from the kitchen to see Jongin lying on the floor, his face contorted in pain. “Oh my God, are you okay? What happened?”

“I fell,” answers Jongin, wincing as Kyungsoo pats him up and down for broken bones, simultaneously managing to be both caring and mean when doing so.

“You’re so stupid, didn’t I tell you this wasn’t a good idea? You hurt yourself over a plant Jongin, how stupid can you be? This wasn’t worth it, this definitely wasn’t worth it and I-”

“It’s fine hyung,” Jongin reassures him, sitting up as Kyungsoo looks on worriedly. “It doesn’t hurt much. I just slipped.”

“Because you got on a chair with socks on. Did I not teach you anything? At least take the socks off. And you don’t even like socks in the first place.”

“You like them.”

“I’m not climbing on top of chairs.”

“It was just a little fall.”

“And didn’t I tell you not to do that? You could’ve asked me for help or something, honestly-”

“You’re shorter than I am hyung, how would that have helped?”

Kyungsoo glares at him. “To think I was worried about you.” He makes to get up but Jongin grabs his hand.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it in a bad way. I’m sorry hyung.”

Rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo squats back down. “You’re such a child sometimes, did you know that?”

Jongin grins. “You know since we’re underneath the mistletoe, you have to give me a kiss now.”

“Right,” scoffs Kyungsoo. “On your knee because you hurt it?”

“You could go a little higher if you like.”

Kyungsoo whacks him on the arm. “No thank you.” But he gives the younger peck on the cheek anyhow. How is he supposed to deny Jongin of a kiss?

“Why don’t you like mistletoe that much?” asks Jongin as Kyungsoo helps him up. He’s happy he at least got a kiss from the elder-he knows later he’ll be able to get much more out of Kyungsoo.

“I never said I didn’t like it.”

“But you didn’t want me to put it all over the house,” protests Jongin, following the elder to the kitchen. “You said it was a bad idea. But you know how many things we could do with mistletoe? I mean, just thinking about it-”

“Can you go without thinking of for five minutes?”

Jongin winks at him. “But seriously hyung, do you just not like them because they’re ruining the clean house or something?”

Kyungsoo sighs. “It’s not that really. Although it does mess up the perfect order a little bit.”

“Hyung!”

“Okay, fine!” Kyungsoo frowns at him. “I just don’t like having them up because that gives others an excuse to kiss you.” Like Chanyeol for instance. Sometimes that guy can barely keep his hands off Jongin and it takes all Kyungsoo has not to slap him away right there.

“And I don’t like that.”


A/N: I'll see if I can put out a couple more chapters before Christmas but to do that, I might need your help. If you have any holiday ideas for any of the couples, please comment and comment and comment because I'll likely use them. Thanks so much! :)

Also, if you're interested, I have another story about EXO. Every couple out of EXO-all 66 of them! 'Words Aren't Enough'. So if it's not too much trouble you can check that out too if you'd like. Thanks!