IX. Locked

This World We Live In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: sorry for not updating sooner... and I just wanted to share this Baekyeol edit with you guys XD even tho its not real, it gives me feelz <3

There's going to be some violence but it's not that bad... I think... just saying it before hand for those who don't like violence... its not much anyways

 

 

 


 

Other than being pushed off the bed early in the morning, sleeping next to Baekhyun was pretty good. Chanyeol was barely conscious from Baekhyun's attempts to push him away when thud! he was kicked off the bed and onto the floor. At least it was carpet.

He just got used to the warm feeling of the huggable boy enveloped in his arms when he ended up on the floor with his shoulder bursting in pain, and he can't help but let out a not-so-manly scream.

"What the heck Baek!"

"S - Sorry... you were too close," Baekhyun said, looking down at his lap, his hair a beautiful mess and his droopy drowsy eyes flickering around nervously.

"You know... if it was me, I would wake you up with a good-morning kiss instead of shoving you off the bed," Chanyeol said as he ruffled his hair, making it stick out in every direction. He can't help but smile seeing Baekhyun's flustered face and rosy cheeks from his comment. It's fun making him blush.

"S - Stop acting like we're a married couple..." the smaller's voice faded to barely a whisper towards the end, deep and husky from just waking up, and it made Chanyeol want to just kiss the air out of him.

But before he can make his dream come true, Baekhyun was already running away. He locked himself in the bathroom before Chanyeol can make any more embarrassing comments.



 

At the kitchen, Baekhyun and Tao worked side by side, and the younger won't stop teasing him about "spending the night" with Chanyeol, in which Baekhyun just rolled his eyes. The master chef informed them of Chanyeol's birthday coming up soon and a huge banquet will be prepared, which meant even more work for the servants.

As they worked, Baekhyun found himself thinking of Chanyeol for some reason. The corners of his lips lifted unconsciously as he thought about what to give Chanyeol as a birthday gift, and what his reaction would be. He wants to give him something special, something different from what other guests at the banquet will. But of course, he needs to find a time after the banquet to give it to Chanyeol alone, because he will be serving drinks and food the entire time anyways.

Baekhyun wondered what the perfect gift will be.



 

~



 

The day was going perfectly fine for Chanyeol. He didn't have work and all he did was stroll around the house, carefree. However, it was the opposite for Baekhyun. No matter how hard Chanyeol tried to get the smaller to spend some time with him, Baekhyun would always be doing chores or running errands. There were also watchful eyes to avoid, such as his mother and father.

It was midday when Baekhyun came barging into Chanyeol's room, the door bursting open and slamming shut behind him, making Chanyeol jump in his seat. He looked up from his game, which he paused, to see a fuming Baekhyun storming towards him.

"How dare you??!!!" Baekhyun shouted, two pieces of paper was fisted in his trembling hands.

"What did I do?"

"How dare you steal my test score???!!!!" Baekhyun slammed the papers down onto the desk in front of the startled boy.

Chanyeol picked the paper up with a bad feeling. On one paper, it showed his Test score. Next to Park Chanyeol was a 67%. He frowned in confusion.

67%?

Chanyeol was utterly confused. He was sure he got a 98%, but why does this paper say differently. The nation's official symbol is stamped in the top left corner, meaning this is an official document. This is no joke.

How is this possible? He was sure he saw a 98% on his report... And how did Baekhyun get a hold of this document?

Then he looked at the second paper.

Byun Baekhyun 98%.

The paper fell out of his weak hands and onto the desk as he finally comprehended what happened. The missing pieces were put together like a puzzle. No wonder it was so surprising when Chanyeol got a 98%... because he never did... It was Baekhyun's score he saw.

But how did their scores get switched?

So many emotions flooded Chanyeol he doesn't even know what he feels. He was confused, disappointed, embarrassed, and most importantly, he felt guilty.

"Care to explain this?" Baekhyun glared at him with his hands on his hips.

It was Chanyeol's fault that Baekhyun ended up like this... It should've been the other way around.

"I - I..." All Chanyeol could do was bite his lips and stare at the 67% on the paper. Words were written underneath, but they were irrelevant compared to the two numbers that meant more than just a score. It was Baekhyun's life that it decided, and Chanyeol ruined it. He doesn't even know how.

"Well what?!! Is that all you can say??!! All because you won't admit your own failure of a 67% and instead stealing my score, my mother ended up dead! If it weren't for you, I would be living happily ever after in the capital with all the riches I want with my family! Park Chanyeol, I didn't know you were so lowly!!" Baekhyun slammed his hands down onto the desk and leaned forward.

"What are you talking about?! I didn't switch our scores!!" Chanyeol stood up too, his fist slamming into the desk as well.

"Haha very funny. I can't believe you won't even admit it."

"I didn't! I'm serious!"

"Park Chan-"

Before Baekhyun can finish spitting out his name, the door opened.

"What's with all this ruckus?" Mr. Park said with his rumbling authoritative voice.

Immediately, Baekhyun scrambled to hide the papers behind his back. But he wasn't quick enough. The grown man shoved the boy aside and grabbed the papers. As soon as he read what it was, his eyes glared at Baekhyun while his jaw clenched, the paper crumbled in his strong fist.

"Where did you get this?" Mr. Park's voice was low and dangerous, like a wild beast preying on his meal.

Baekhyun gulped, sweating. Chanyeol glanced worriedly from his father to his servant, ready to jump at a moment's notice between them to prevent anyone from getting hurt.

"I - I'm s-sorry..." Baekhyun's voice shook as his body trembled, his eyes wide in horror.

"Answer me, Byun."

"I know I shouldn't have took it... I - I'm extremely sorry! I - I found it... in your... office..." His voice grew smaller and smaller until the last word was barely above a whisper.

Baekhyun was expecting a slap across his face, or maybe a punch or kick in his guts. Either way, he prepared himself waited for the impact, flinching at every movement Mr. Park made. He knew he is in big trouble and there will be harsher punishments. Chanyeol knew too. Despite feeling upset and betrayed because Baekhyun blamed him without a second thought, he is willing to throw himself in front of the smaller to block any blow from his father, even if it meant ending up bloody himself.

But instead of doing what they expected, Mr. Park turned to the door and shouted, "Mark!"

Immediately, a man in a black suit stepped in with about 5 men behind him, all wearing black. With a signal from Mr. Park, the men proceeded to grab Baekhyun.

"W - What are you doing?" Chanyeol said in panic, rushing forward to push the men away from the smaller, who is screaming and struggling to break free.

"Lock him up in the cellar. No food or drinks and do not let him out without my permission," Mr. Park said and left the room.

The men were strong. Their large hands clasping around Baekhyun's thin arms while two of them kept Chanyeol from interfering. Soon, three men carried Baekhyun out of the room and his screams faded away. As soon as they were gone, the two remaining men let go of Chanyeol and left.

Chanyeol screamed in frustration. He kicked the desk and pulled at his hair, blaming himself for not able to protect Baekhyun. He was scared what they will do to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter