VII. Cherry Tree

This World We Live In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi I'm so sorry for not updating for over a month! I've been extrememly busy for the past month and I barely have time to do anything relaxing and whenever I do have time, I have to do something else. My musical was today and over the last month, we've been having a lot of rehearsals and on top of that I have homework to do... I have a life outside of AFF so I'm very sorry for not updating.

But now that the show is over, I finally have some free time! I literally just got back home from the muscial and now I'm updating XD

Did anyone miss me? probably not...

 

 

 

Baekhyun wasn't able to process what he heard.

What did she mean his family was executed? What does she mean Sehun was caught in a rebellion?

His younger brother would never do that...

He was the cutest little innocent boy, unaware of their crumbling world. But now... he is no more.

Baekhyun's gaze dropped to the floor. Everything went silent and his vision blurred. He felt the ground slip out beneath him as he fell onto the floor, the reality too heavy to carry, and the truth finally sank in.

His mother is dead. His brother is dead. His family is gone.

Now, he is truly alone.

There were clear liquid dripping onto the floor, probably his tears, but he ignored it.

Regret filled his mind when he wished he should've escaped and ran back to his family before it all ended... he could've stopped Sehun from protesting... Their house is probably taken away by the government now.

Now, even if Baekhyun manages to escape, he would have no where to go... No family, no property, nothing.

He will never see his little brother's innocent smile or hear his pure laughters ever again. He will never feel the warmth of his mother's hugs or see her caring, mindful, and soft gaze.

Baekhyun sees his own reflection in his pool of tears and never had he looked so hopeless, so lonely. Before, he carried on with the hopes of one day reuniting with his family by escaping. But now, he carries the same hope, but in a different way. He wishes to be with his family now. 

He feels someone hugging him, probably Tao, and the taller said something that he could not register. All he can do is sit on the cold marble floor and let his tears form a river down his cheeks.

"Why..." Baekhyun croaked.

"Why!" He screamed and his voice cracked as he looked up at Mrs. Park, who did not look at least apologetic.

She crossed her arms.

"Sehun would never! never do that!" Baekhyun knew it was too late, but the least he can do is prove his brother's innocence. "He's just a boy! How can you kill a child?! Where is your humanity!"

At the last word, Baekhyun lunged forward and grabbed onto Ms. Park's expensive red velvet pants leg, begging and sobbing, his tears staining her leather shoes.

"Just so you know, I was not the one who killed your family. Stop blaming it on me. Your family broke the law, therefore they need to be punished. There is no exception." Not once did the cold expression leave her face as she spat out every word.

Ms. Park tried to tug her leg out of Baekhyun's grasp but failed. Then she tugged her leg up with so much force that not only did the impact throw Baekhyun backwards, her foot also kicked him in the jaw.

Tao gasped and rushed to the smaller.

Baekhyun felt a stinging sensation and he was sure his jaw is red now, maybe even bruised. He made no attempt to get up, but intead laid there on the cold hard floor. Out of the corners of his eye, he saw Ms. Park walk away. Slowly, he closed his eyes and wished to fall asleep, and hope that one day, he'll open them again to see how this is all a dream.

 

 

 

 

The sky was a mixture of red, orange, and yellow when Chanyeol finished another day of work outside the Wall. He changed out of his general uniform and into a simple white dress shirt and fitted black pants. 

As he drove passed the gate and into his property, hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter