IV. Shield and Stolen First Kiss

This World We Live In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Idk... I'm kinda losing motivation to write this story...

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol's arms hooked around Baekhyun's waist, catching him. Their faces hovered just inches away, their breaths mingling togehter and chests pressed against each other. Baekhyun froze, trying to make sense of what was happening. His face heated up as Chanyeol stared intensely at him from just an inch away.

Before Baekhyun could push him away their lips somehow crashed into each other.

His breath hitched in his throat as the taller slowly moved his lips against his. All he could feel was those pair of lips working magic on his own. The world spun around him, his vision blurred, making him shut his eyes.

What's happening? Why is Chanyeol kissing me? What should I do?

Millions of questions invaded his mind but he failed to process anything. His eyebrows furrowed together and his hand went to Chanyeol's side, attempting to push him away. However, all source of strength was lost when the taller began to on his lips. His face and the rest of his body burned as if he was going to melt.

This shouldn't be happening, and he knew it in the back of his mind.

Just when Chanyeol forced his tongue into the smaller's cavern, the door also popped open.

Immediately, they broke away, jumping to opposite sides of the room and faced the intruder.

A chill climbed up his spine when he saw Chanyeol's parents standing at the door. The blush returned to his face, only ten times brighter.

"What is going on in here?" Mrs. Park said in a high, shrieky voice.

Baekhyun could see Chanyeol let out a sigh of frustration and rolled his eyes.

"Mom, dad, can you leave us alone?" Chanyeol gave them a look of annoyance.

"Byun Baekhyun is it?" Mr. Park looked at the said boy, who tensed up in fear, "Its only your second day here, and you've already angered us more than once. How will you explain this?"

"I -... I..."

Before Baekhyun could formulate some smart things to say, Chanyeol spoke.

"Father just leave us alone. This is nothing to do with y-"

"Be quiet!" His father silenced the boy, "I wasn't asking you, was I?" He returned his attention to the small servant. "You made a big mistake Byun Baekhyun. You shouldn't touch someone so high above you, like Chanyeol your master, so easily. You bring him great dishonor by simply touching him. How dare a servant like you touch my son?"

Baekhyun looked down in shame, "I-... I'm sorry..."

Maybe what he said is true, that someone lowly like him shouldn't touch a military general, however, he wasn't the one who initiated it.

"Father, its not his fault!" Chanyeol interrupted, but was ignored once again.

"Come here," Mr. Park said, pointing at Baekhyun. He can see the veins on Mr. Park's forehead, popping out in anger.

Scared and worried, Baekhyun forced his feet to move forward despite his heart telling him not to. With each small step he took, his legs trembled in fear. His eyes were wide, like a deer caught in the headlights. When he reached Mr. Park, the man raised his hand and swung it towards Baekhyun's face.

Baekhyun knew what was coming. He squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the blow to come, waiting for the burning pain to reach his cheek.

However, nothing came.

When he opened his eyes, Chanyeol had stopped his father's wrist in midair with a firm grip. The father and son glared at each other, sending off a strong and edgy vibe.

"Father, he is my property. You have no right to touch him," Chanyeol said, his jaw tense and eyes sharp.

The said man jerked his arm away and glared at his son.

"I see..." he said, visibly trying to control his anger. "Then you better discipline him better."

"I will."

Throwing one last look at Baekhyun, Mr. Park walked out, followed by Mrs. Park. The door slammed shut.

After calming down, Baekhyun knew he shouldn't stay with Chanyeol any longer, especially not alone, to prevent further troubles. 

"I... I should go..." the smaller said and ran out before Chanyeol could pull him back.

 

 

 

 

 

"Mr. Park and Mrs. Park have requested for your presence," Tao reported to Baekhyun when he was walking back to his room.

The taller servant looked at Baekhyun with concern.

"Did something happen Baekhyun? I saw they were really angry..." Tao asked.

Still scattered in his thoughts, Baekhyun hummed in response, not meeting him in the eyes.

"Baekhyun what's wrong? Are you alright? Are you in trouble?"

"Maybe..." Baekhyun mumbled as he trudged towards Mr. Park and Mrs. Park's bedroom.

Tao followed and continued to bombard him with questions, however, Baekhyun's mind drifted elsewhere. He looked out the window in the dim hallway, where the moon was already shining just above the dark silhouette of the rustling trees. The bright moonlight somehow blinded him, as if showing off how free it is in the night sky, while Baekhyun is trapped in this prison made of bricks and wood and things he could not name.

He knew that somewhere out there, his family and Jongin were looking at the same sky, the same moon, and wondered if they were missing him. Of course they are. He misses them too. 

If only Baekhyun was free... Maybe he could escape, and maybe even bring Tao with him.

Tao stopped talking once they reached the door to the master bedroom.

"Good luck Baekhyun," he gave the said boy a pat on the back, who looked sincerely scared.

The smaller lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter