X. Trust

This World We Live In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE READ, THANK YOU

Also, there's some talk towards the end of this chap... XD sorry... it's really short but if you dont want to read it you don't have to...

 

 

 

Baekhyun's hands moved automatically on their own, spreading white linen cloth over tables and setting up plates and silverware. However, his mind wasn't in his job at all. With Chanyeol's birthday banquet coming up in hours from now, his mind is scattered and his thoughts are blurred. Ever since he got out of the cellar, he's been avoiding the taller, always making sure to never go near Chanyeol's room when he's home, and to stay inside his own room for as long as possible. In the past few days, he had only managed to see a glimpse of the taller coming back from work. After all, the mansion is quite big.

He felt betrayed, first of all. Why would Chanyeol switch their scores and ruin his life like that? He never would've thought Chanyeol was that kind of person. Maybe the reason why Chanyeol's being nice to him right now is because he feels guilty. Maybe the Chanyeol he thought he knew is not the real Chanyeol. 

However, part of him longed to see Chanyeol's face, to see if he's alright, to know if he's been missing Baekhyun or not. He wants to know if Chanyeol is still the same gentle, caring, loving boy from before. 

Now that Chanyeol's birthday is coming up, there seemed to be more servants around the mansion. Guests and relatives are staying in the guest rooms and the mansion seemed to be bustling with people. Everywhere, servants hustled and they always had a place to be. Baekhyun didn't realize how many servants the Park household has until now.

Baekhyun was walking down an empty hallway, a shortcut that stretches from the dining hall to the laundry room, with a huge pile of freshly washed cloth napkins in his arms. Around the corner came the person he least wanted to see. He thought about turning around and running back to the laundry, but the person already saw him and there was no point in running.

"Baek!" Chanyeol said to the boy who froze in his spot.

"Good afternoon, Chanyeol," Baekhyun tried to keep it as formal as possible, like how it is suppose to be between a master and his servant, and attempted to continue walking, holding the pile of napkins higher to hid his face. 

"Wait!" the taller stood in front of him, causing the smaller to bump into him. Chanyeol took most of the napkins from Baekhyun, revealing the smaller's flustered face, and said, "let me help."

"Thank you," he muttered, and they proceeded down the winding hallway.

Their footsteps echoed and bounced off the bare painted walls. Baekhyun bit his lips nervously, hoping the trip will end shortly without having to make any sort of conversations. His heart pounded against his ribcage, so loud that he was afraid Chanyeol might be able to hear it, so he hugged the napkins closer, hoping to the muffle the sound of his increasing heartbeat. Instead, he focused on putting one foot in front of the other, trying not to trip and embarrass himself in front of the taller.

"I hear a very loud heartbeat," Chanyeol suddenly said.

"I - It's n - not mine!" Baekhyun answered and cursed himself for stuttering. But what Chanyeol said next threw him off guard.

"I know, it's mine."

Immediately, Baekhyun's cheeks turned pink. He knew the taller is flirting with him, but he has no idea how to react. He still doesn't want to talk to Chanyeol. Instead, he hugged the napkins tighter and lowered his head, hoping his banks will cover his eyes. Baekhyun kept his eyes on the carpet, unaware of the taller glancing at him.

With his head down, Baekhyun couldn't see ahead, which caused him to walk right into Chanyeol's chest for the taller had suddenly stopped in front of him. 

"S - Sorry." He said without looking up.

"Baek, are you mad at me?"

The said boy bit his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter