VI. Good Message, Bad Message

This World We Live In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Comment, subscribe, upvote :)

Follow me on IG!

Exo fanpage - Park Chanyeol 박찬열 朴灿烈 (@pork.chanyeol)

I posted a bunch of Baekyeol moments at the Nature Republic fansign yesterday on IG, you should check it out! GAH THERE WERE SO MANY BAEKYEOL MOMENTS. So Baekhyun's mic wasn't working so Chanyeol, being the caring husband he is, gave Baek his own mic and even continued to hold it when Baekhyun already grabbed it. THEIR HANDS TOUCHED AND CHANYEOL'S HAND REMAINED THERE FOR SO ING LONG. Then later on Chanyeol leaned into Baekhyun to get the mic out of Baekhyun's hand and I SWEAR THEY WERE SO ING CLOSE I WAS ABOUT TO FAINT. And then when they were sitting, they sat next to each other. They both reached for the hotpacks in between them at the same time and THEIR FINGERS TOUCHED AND THEN CHANYEOL ING SMILED AT BAEKHYUN ASDFGHJKL

Oh an follow my personal too :) @lulu.klm

I hope you like this story so far :) thank you all for taking the time to actually read this crappy thing lol

 

 

 

Another has passed. Another day has come. Another day to work.

Baekhyun rubbed his lower back as he stretched, the pain in his back muscles already becoming dull as he got used to it.

From the first rays of sunlight peeking above the horizon like a shy child afraid of the still-dark world, to the last longing glances the sun throws back at the land glowing under rays of gold and red, Baekhyun has been working nonstop, except for the short breaks for meals. The heavy workload weighed down his fragile body, and now, he battled to keep his eyes open as he tried to clean Mr. Park’s office.

Usually, the office is off limits to everyone except for Mr. Park, even his own family is not allowed to come in unless he grants them permission. However, at lunch, when Mr. Park was trying to eat his meal in the office while working, he spilled everything onto the expensive carpet. He ordered for Baekhyun to clean up his mess.

Seeing the bits of meat and stains littering the carpet, the orange juice spilled over his desk, and the rice scattered across the furnitures, Baekhyun wondered where to start.

He bent down to pick up the food remains, but when he turned his head, he came face to face with the bottom drawer of the desk, labeled “Chanyeol.”

Strange, why would Chanyeol have his own drawer in Mr. Park’s office when he isn’t even allowed in here. What’s even stranger is that there were no other drawers labeled with someone’s name. Mrs. Park did not have a drawer for herself, and neither did Park Yura, Chanyeol’s sister who was barely home.

Curiosity got the best of him when he gently pulled open the drawer. A folder labeled “Possible Future Partners” came into sight.

What does that mean?

Baekhyun knew it was wrong of him to get into other people’s business, but nobody has to know, right?

He opened the folder to find a list of names.

“Possible Future Partners…”

Does that mean possible future wives…?

Something seemed to be clenching his heart upon the realization. Of course, Chanyeol is a general with a powerful family background, surely he would have to get married someday… Baekhyun has never thought about that before, about Chanyeol being married to someone else, someone with an equally high background, someone who is rich and elegant, someone the exact opposite of Baekhyun. He felt a strange feeling in his chest, as if someone was suffocating him.

He decided to put the folder down only to see another folder in the drawer, labeled “Test Scores.”

Now he knows this is real personal stuff. Nobody is allowed to view someone else’s test score unless given permission to, otherwise, it can be considered a crime.

With the folder in hand, Baekhyun stood up and stretched his sore knees, contemplating on opening the folder or not.

Back when they were in school, Chanyeol would always get bad grades and he was towards the bottom of the class. So it surprised everyone when Chanyeol got a score high enough to get into the Capital. Some people were genuinely surprised and happy for him, while others spread rumors about how he cheated. It was also surprising when Baekhyun got a 67%, considering how he was always in the top three of the class.

He remembered feeling angry. Back then he used to think how unfair it was for the dumb Chanyeol to get in while he failed after all of his hard work.

Baekhyun didn’t really think much about how the taller managed to do that, but now with the scores right in front of him, just a flip of a page away, he was very curious as to how Chanyeol managed to get in the Capital.

Right then, the door flew open.

When Mr. Park spotted Baekhyun with a folder in his hand, he stormed over and snatched the folder away, raging with anger. Shrinking back in fear, Baekhyun gulped.

He was for sure going to get in trouble for this…


 


 

It was late night when Chanyeol came home from the army base. News of rebel attacks and upsetting policies filled his mind as he absently made his way to the kitchen for some late-night snack, unaware of the shuffling noises coming from behind the kitchen door.

When he walked in, the sight of a crouching Baekhyun appeared in front of him, the smaller staring up at him with wide eyes. Upon being caught, Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun quickly shove something into his pocket.

“What are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked, walking towards the crouching boy and pulled him up onto his feet.

Baekhyun’s eyes searched everywhere frantically for an answer, his fingers playing with the hem of his shirt nervously. It was obvious Baekhyun wasn’t suppose to be here.

“Uh...um...uh... CLEANING!” Baekhyun shouted the first thought that came to his mind.

Chanyeol glanced at the clock on the wall. 12 am.

“At this hour?”

“Yeah.” The answer came a little too quick.

Baekhyun looked around, trying to think of ways to get out of this situation.

“Um, I have to go. I just finished cleaning, good night,” the smaller said and immediately turned around to leave.

Groowwwl~

The room seemed too awkwardly quiet as Baekhyun’s stomach let out a loud growl. He paused in his footsteps, his back facing Chanyeol, refusing to turn around. His cheeks turned red as his stomach continued to growl in hunger.

Chanyeol chuckled.

Baekhyun clutched his stomach in embarrassment.

“Have you had dinner yet?” the taller asked.

Baekhyun hesitantly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter