Blooming Love and Thorns

We Got Paired?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their successful theme park dating last weekend, the partner changed again this week. V couldn’t be much more thankful that J-Hope didn’t get stuck with Jimin longer or he would have insomnia for real. He couldn’t sleep well for the past week thinking what would possibly happen between the two in their couple room.

It was V’s turn to move for that week so he excitedly packed on his things, unaware that the maknae had been staring at him with his hawk-like eyes. The smart and sharp eyed Jungkook already felt that there were some sort of tension between his two hyungs and his instinct was indeed true. V had a big crush on J-Hope but J-Hope already had his eyes set on Jimin.

“Hyung!” the maknae called as he bounced off lightly from the bed and approached V who was sitting on the floor.

“Oh Jungkookie—what’s up?”

“Are you okay?” the younger tilted his head slightly, earning himself a confused look from the elder.

“Huh?”

“It was too late for me to ask actually but I just wanted to make sure—“

“Whoa hold up maknae—what are you talking about? Of course I’m okay—“ V’s sentence stopped mid air as Jungkook suddenly placed a hand on his chest, patting it gently.

“Here—are you okay?”

“I—I don’t know what you’re talking about—“ V stuttered as he thought of a lie but Jungkook casually cut in his line before he could even finish.

“I understand it perfectly hyung. I am in the same situation—well maybe mine is worst but whatever. I wanted to help you, just like how you helped me at that time with Jin hyung.” V chuckled lightly as he reached out his hand to ruffle the younger’s hair affectionately, before smacking it hard.

“You mean that locked-in-the-store thingy? Yah you should be thankful to me you little brat do you know how much I got scolded by Jin hyung because of that?” V made a face as Jungkook ‘ouch’ed and rubbed his own head, whining like a lost child.

“Ah hyuuung! I know… I made him so mad at that time and he must have been so annoyed with me.”

“Wait what? So you guys actually fought in there? I thought you tried to make things right with Jin hyung?” V raised an eyebrow at that question, his jaw dropped slightly.

“Wait I thought you already knew?” Jungkook raised his brow as well, mirroring the elder’s actions.

“No! Jin hyung said he was truthfully worried about you and he said next time don’t join your stupid prank anymore. He said nothing else about what happened in the store—“

“He said what—he’s worried? About me? Are you sure?”

“Yah maknae! How dare you question my hearing ability? That was really what I heard okay I didn’t lie. What would I gain from it anyway pft.” V tried to smack the younger by the head again but the smart maknae dodged it skillfully.

“And you just told me about this now?”

“Well you never asked Kookie~” V batted his lashes playfully and Jungkook rolled his eyes in an exaggerated way as usual.

“I hate you hyung.”

“Nah you didn’t maknae~” Jungkook ended up laughing and he linked arms with V. With a warm smile on his face, he patted his hyung’s cheeks gently and V was surprised at the maknae’s sudden change in attitude.

“Anyways, good luck. Hope hyung seems to be the type to be blindly in love once he fell for someone in my eyes, I hope you can make him see that Jimin hyung is not the one for him.”

“You too maknae, Jin hyung seems like the type to say things he didn’t really mean to someone he really cared about. If he said he hated you, it’ll probably mean the otherwise. Don’t give up on him hmm?”

***

“Hope hyung I’m here~” V sang playfully as soon as he entered J-Hope and Jimin’s room. Jimin who was still packing his last few shirts at that time signaled him to slow down his voice and pointed towards the bed where J-Hope’s figure was. V nodded a few times as he placed his backpack on the couch and approached the bed.

V’s eyes travelled from his hyung’s calm sleeping face to his slender legs that were shown since he only wore shorts to sleep. He smiled inwardly but Jimin caught him staring so he coughed a few times and pretended to look around the room.

“V ah..”

“Yes Jiminnie?” V blinked a few times as he turned to face Jimin who was already carrying his backpack with him to move room.

“About Hope hyung…” V suddenly felt his heart beating fast at the mention of the elder’s name but he kept his calm posture while Jimin had this slightly panicked and worried expression on his face.

“What about him?”

“It’s been a few days since he had been getting nightmares at night. There’s this one night I woke up to him sniffling and sobbing under the blanket but when I asked what’s wrong he just said it’s a bad dream and asked me not to worry about it. I’m worried. You know how Hope hyung is right, he won’t tell us that something is wrong when he feel like he can handle everything by himself.”

Jimin sighed and bit his lips as he glanced at J-Hope’s sleeping figure on the bed. V frowned as he was worried about what possibly happened to J-Hope but then his blood suddenly raged with jealousy.

“Why would you worry about him?”

“Pardon me?”

“I’m asking you why would you worry about him Jimin?”

“Isn’t it obvious? He’s my hyung of course I’m worried.”

V was about to open his mouth and ask him again, this time about what he felt towards J-Hope but then the elder on the bed started making sounds and mumbling things in his sleep. His frown can be clearly seen and his bangs were wet from his own sweat.

“Hope hyung!” Jimin rushed towards the bed, leaving V dumbfounded watching them both. He silently had both his fists clenched by his side as Jimin pushed back J-Hope’s bangs and his hand held tight the elder’s.

“Jimin you better leave now.”

“Just a minute I need to check on Hope hyung—“

“I’m not here for nothing I can check on him. Just go.”

Jimin who somehow sensed V’s uneasiness from his voice took a last glance at his hyung then patted his hands gently before letting go. V shot a glare secretly as Jimin went past him and patted his shoulders.

“Take a good care of Hope hyung hmm? If there’s anything I’m just next door.” That’s all Jimin said before he left the room, chuckling softly as he noticed how V had been overly protective over J-Hope. V immediately sat at the edge of the bed next to J-Hope and took a hold of his hand.

“Hope hyung you really make me want to smack your head and yell at you. How can you be so stupid and not realize that V loves you?” Jimin shook his head with a smile carved on his face as he took the next few steps to Suga’s room, his new partner for the week.

The younger kept on staring at J-Hope’s features as he was deep asleep. V felt relieved that the elder didn’t wake up or else it would probably be slightly awkward to be this close to him. Besides, J-Hope had been working on his choreography a lot nowadays since they are going to start working on their album in another few weeks and V really want him to have a good rest.

After an hour and half, V dozed off by J-Hope’s side. He didn’t even realize when or how it happened but he was already lying by the elder’s side by the time he suddenly woke up. J-Hope had been in his ears and V could only blinked when he was finally wide awake.

God oh God oh my God what is he doing how did he got so close with me—

J-Hope had his head comfortably resting on V’s arms while V had his other arms wrapped around J-Hope’s waist. He had been patting J-Hope’s back since he knew how the elder had always been touching himself to sleep. However, he wasn’t aware about how the elder’s face got so close until his warm breath that escaped his slightly parted lips even hit the younger’s neck junction.

V his slightly dried lips as he tried to pull his arms away and put a bit distance between them both but as soon as he moved, J-Hope already started frowning. V bit his lips and closed his eyes briefly. He couldn’t possibly move or the elder would wake up and he’ll definitely freak out.

Oh what should I do—for God’s sake he was in my ears I—

The younger gulped visibly as he glanced at J-Hope by his side. He was still sleeping so soundly, unaware of how V had been having inner conflicts about what he should do right now. To be honest he would be enjoying it a lot if it’s not for how the elder would act as soon as he was awake later.

V was contemplating either to just pull his arms harshly then just blame the elder for everything or just stay quiet like this but then, J-Hope’s voice was heard again. He was mumbling something that V couldn’t hear clearly. He was so scared that the elder would be awake so he quickly closed his eyes.

“V?” J-Hope whispered ever so softly and V froze in an instance. He pretended to be asleep and at the same time, he felt his heart racing at the thoughts of what J-Hope would say or do about their situation right now.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“You sleep like a baby.” J-Hope chuckled lightly and V could feel his touch on his forehead, down to his eyes then his nose then his lips—now his hands were resting on V’s arms, patting them ever so gently.

Huh—Hope hyung?

“Do you know how scared I was these few days? I dreamt of you and it wasn’t a sweet dream. At first it was you yelling at me, telling me how I’m being a bad hyung to you. Then it started to become severe. You started to ignore me and stuffs then I was begging you for second chance but you pushed me. Then you really left me and I—I didn’t know it hurts that much for me I—I started crying without myself knowing it.”                                                                                                         

V heard the soft sigh the elder let out at the end of his story. He opened his eyes and his hand moved to cup the back of J-Hope’s head, hugging him tightly in his arms. J-Hope’s eyes were wide open and he just froze in the younger’s warm embrace.

“So you weren’t sleeping huh?” J-Hope’s voice broke the sudden silence between them and V just answered with a soft chuckle.

“Hyung are you really that scared?”

“Huh—I—“

“Were those tears you shed really for me?”

“V I—“

“You’re funny hyung you answer a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question with your stuttering.” V grinned as he noticed how J-Hope couldn’t easily answer his questions with a definite ‘no’. Doesn’t that means a ‘yes’?

J-Hope huffed and secretly rolled his eyes. He pushed V away, a bit too gently actually, and rolled to the other side of the bed. V immediately rolled after him and hugged him from the back.

“Hyung want me to tell you a bedtime story?” V whispered next to the elder’s ears, making him shivered slightly and gulped before nodding twice.

“Go on, what is the story about?”

“So… I have this one friend. He liked this hyung of his a lot and he had been stupidly watching over that hyung for a very long time. He knew he had no chance since that hyung was also stupid like him since he had been liking someone else for a very long time as well. His gaze always changed every time he looked at this other guy and this friend of mine is very hurt.”

J-Hope slowly digested V’s story and he immediately frowned as soon as he realized that the story is similar to what he felt right now about Jimin. He encouraged V to continue his story and V smiled as he linked his fingers with the elder’s and rested their hands on J-Hope’s tummy.

“You really like this story huh?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter