Heartbeats and Broken Heart

We Got Paired?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a usual morning and BTS members were all gathered at the living room after breakfast. V and Jimin were fighting over the remote control in front of the TV childishly and ended up wrestling each other on the floor. That was until Jin and Suga started glaring and the two suddenly hugged each other.

“Oh Jiminliet just where have you been?”

“Oh VRomeo I had been waiting for you- I have died everyday waiting for youu~”

“Oh Jiminliet.”

“Oh VRomeo- wait why am I the girl again?”

Jimin raised a brow and V just shrugged with his innocent grin. Jimin widened his eyes and VMin’s childish wrestle match started again.

“They are so childish even Jungkook is matured enough not to fight over the remote.” J-Hope clicked his tongue with a slight smile on his face as he kept his eyes on Jimin. That was when he suddenly caught V winking at him and he found himself getting flustered slightly.

V chuckles quietly in satisfaction at J-Hope’s reaction. He found it cute how J-Hope would get flustered at the smallest gesture he did but well, when is J-Hope not cute in his eyes anyway?

Meanwhile Jin, Namjoon and Suga were discussing seriously at the side. Namjoon had been asked to re-assign the pairs while Jin and Suga listed all the chores that need to be done all around the house.

Namjoon was eyeing s silently in thought when his eyes suddenly caught Jin staring at Jungkook who was sitting at the couch playing with his phone with his legs dangling on the side. It was a rare sight for Namjoon and he was not comfortable at what he just saw.

“Jin hyung?” he called out, hoping Jin would take his eyes off the boy but Jin seemed to have his soul leaving his body at that time he was just staring at Jungkook like a statue.

“Yo hyung do you think you’ll be okay if I make you clean the pool?” Suga called out next, looking up from his list only to find Jin blinking cluelessly.

“I—I’m sorry I just spaced out. What did you say again?” Jin asked the two who were looking at him as he snapped back to reality.

Suga shrugged and pointed to Namjoon. Jin raised a brow as he directed his eyes at Namjoon but he just shrugged and pointed back to Suga and started making himself busy with the previous pairing’s list in his hand, clearing his throat slightly.

“Suga?” Jin looked at Suga with a confused look on his face while Suga just chuckled with another shrug.

“You were staring hyung.”

“I didn’t stare—was it that obvious Suga? Gosh…”

Suga nodded as he crossed out a few things in the list he made while Jin facepalmed. What to do when he didn’t even realize himself staring at Jungkook? Heck he didn’t even know why he even stared at him when the kid didn’t even look back.

Jin felt himself becoming weird these days. He suddenly cares a lot about Jungkook’s whereabouts and he gets worried every time he didn’t see him in his line of vision. He gets restless about the pairing this week and he didn’t even pack his things to move room as usual.

However Jungkook seemed to have been slightly distant to him. Jin figured it will turn this way after the incident in the store room during the last mission but he never thought he’d actually want Jungkook to look at him the way he used to before.

“Am I officially insane?” Jin mumbled and shakes his head a few times while his hands played with the blue pen he had since earlier.

“From what I see well yes. You’re starting to talk to a pen.” Suga said and he gave a pat on the older’s shoulders before calling out s to gather around to assign their chores.

***

That night after dinner, everyone was busy preparing their stuffs since the pairings had been announced this morning. It was a struggle for them but they somehow already get used to it after a few weeks since the show started.

Jungkook tried to ignore the fact that Jin haven’t come back to the room ever since he said he was gonna get some fresh air outside after dinner. He shook all his thoughts that told him to go downstairs and check on the older but he couldn’t help himself.

He tried to ignore Jin’s presence, or even about whatever he does. He tried to act as if the older doesn’t mean anything to him anymore yet he couldn’t get rid of him in his mind. In the end, V came to the room with his stuffs and asked Jungkook to look for Jin.

Jungkook shook his head a few times as he approached the pool. He patted his chest a few times before calling out for Jin who was sitting at the edge of the pool, playing with the water by his feet.

“Oh Jin hyung there you are I had been looking for you everywhere.” Jungkook says as he sat next to the older who seemed so shocked to see him there.

“You were looking for me?” Jin raised a brow as he looked at the younger who was staring off a distance.

“Hmm yeah I was. What are you doing here?”

“I’m- I’m thinking.” Jungkook nodded at that simple answer from the older.

“Sounds serious and I really don’t want to disturb you but—“

“I know. I have to get back to my room.” Jungkook just nodded again before he stands up. He hesitated as he tried to pat the older’s shoulders so he ended up letting out a sigh that was somehow heard by Jin.

“What’s with the sigh?”

“It’s just—a sigh.”

“Just a sigh.”

“Hmm just a sigh.”

Jin closes his eyes briefly as he exhaled before he stands up, now properly facing Jungkook who suddenly have this serious look on his face.

“Since when are things between us this awkward?”

“Hyung I’m not awkward with you—“

“Since when did you really call me hyung by the way?” Jin raised a brow at his own question. Never did he expect the maknae would suddenly explode.

“Then should I just call you by your name? Kim Seokjin? Seokjin? Just Jin?”

“As if you ever cared about it anyway.” The older let out a snort involuntarily that suddenly triggered Jungkook’s anger. He took a big step closer and Jin was suddenly feeling so bold he didn’t take a step back until they ended up standing really close to each other.

“What is it that you want from me? You think I’m a kid you can toy around don’t you?”

“Nothing I just wanted the old Jeon Jungkook back.”

“There’s no old or new Jeon Jungkook.”

“Yah maknae—“

“I just realized how stupid I am for liking someone as hateful as you. Did you enjoy watching me go crazy over you? Did you like the fact that I’m head over heels for you?”

“Yah you know I don’t feel like that—“ Jin widened his eyes at Jungkook’s unexpected retort but just as he was about to talk, the maknae cut in again.

“But you don’t like me either.”

“Gosh since when is it so hard to get to you? I just wanted us to return to normal. Just do what you normally do, get it? Don’t make me nervous or worried about you. Can you?”

Jin messed up his own hair slightly before exhaling in frustration. He didn’t know why he need to say that either like—why is he even concerned? Just as he got lost in his own thoughts, Jungkook inched closer to him and he was snapped back to reality by the maknae’s lips brushing against his.

Before he even know it, he pushed Jungkook with full force and ran inside in the speed of lightning. He felt his own heart beating fast as he reached his room but he was not sure if it was because of him running or is it because of Jungkook.

***

“Ah hyung I don’t need these I’m fine.”

“Shut that mouth and eat this.”

“But hyung—“

“Jeon Jungkook..” J-Hope rested both his hands on his hips as he called out the maknae’s full name with his dragged voice.

“Jung Hoseok..” Jungkook playfully imitated J-Hope’s actions that made the older poke his nose repeatedly.

“Don’t copy me.”

“Don’t make me eat those medicines.”

“Goodness gracious maknae you have a fever!”

“My antibodies are strong—ACHOO!”

J-Hope rolled his eyes as Jungkook sniffled and coughed a few times. He ended up dragging the younger from the kitchen back to their room and forcefully tucked him to bed before covering him with the comforter.

“Okay you stubborn maknae I’ll let your so-called strong antibodies fight your fever but you have to rest. If you’re still hot until dinner then I’ll shove the medicine down your throat with my own hands.”

“But our mission today—“

“Shush it’s just cleaning anyway. Did you forget I’m the mother of the group? Well sort of—whatever! Just rest and get well soon hmm?”

J-Hope brushed the younger’s bangs off his forehead, smiling as Jungkook pouted slightly with a nod. J-Hope patted the younger’s cheeks before he stands up, getting ready to leave the room. Jungkook closed his eyes, trying to sleep when suddenly he felt a soft pair of lips on his forehead.

“T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter