Chapter 31 - Farewell

Appa, How Did You Ask Eomma Out?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Six Years Later]


 

They stood facing each other. Jongdae held Minseok’s warm hands in his.


 

They could only see each other’s smiling faces. Everything else in the church was a blur.


 

"Do you, Kim Jongdae, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? And do you promise to keep him, love and comfort, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse and to be faithful until death do you part?” The priest asked.


 

Jongdae gazed into Minseok’s eyes affectionately, and answered sincerely. “I do.”


 

"Do you, Kim Minseok, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? And do you promise to keep him, love and comfort, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse and to be faithful until death do you part?” The priest asked again.


 

At the question, Jongdae noticed Minseok’s smile falter. He gazed at the latter, expecting an answer.


 

Everything happened in slow motion.


 

Minseok’s lips parted slightly.


 

Jongdae held his breath.


 

The next word that came out og Minseok’s lips was completely unanticipated.


 

“No.”


 

Jongdae held onto Minseok’s hands tighter. He spoke in a hushed tone. “Minnie!”


 

Minseok snapped. “Don’t call me that --”


 

-*-*-


 

WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP --


 

Jongdae woke up with a start at the sound of the annoying alarm ringing. He bolted upright, took his phone from the bedside table and turned the alarm off, not wanting to wake his husband up.


 

6:30 AM. Saturday. His phone’s screen displayed.


 

It was not even time for them to rise yet. He wondered why he had set the alarm for this time last night.


 

Ah! Because they had a movie date! How could he have forgetten? Jongdae scolded himself.


 

A few seconds of self-reprimanding later, he inhaled and exhaled deeply, while remembering his dream. He closed his eyes and leaned back against the headboard of their king-sized bed.


 

It was just a dream.


 

Yes, just a dream. In relief, the corners of his lips quirked up into a wide grin. Biting onto his bottom lip, he stared at the ring on his ring finger.


 

He was married; it had already been three years.  


 

In a room next to theirs, someone snapped. “Don’t call me that!”


 

“Donkey! Donkey!” Another identical voice shouted.


 

“Shut up!”


 

“Hyung donkey!”


 

“Minjonggie donkey!”


 

Jongdae chuckled merrily, recognizing the sound of their bickering twin boys.


 

Yes, they already had kids as well. Jongdae and Minseok had adopted three children after a year of their marriage.


 

What if they were not their biological children? They loved each other and now, they were all inseparable. They were a family with a strong and unbreakable bond. That ought to be enough.


 

He turned his head to look at his husband and the love of his life sleeping peacefully next to him. Getting back under the covers, he wrapped an arm around Minseok’s waist, pulled him closer and planted a tender kiss on his forehead.


 

Minseok stirred and groaned softly, and ever so slowly, his eyes fluttered open.


 

“Good morning, darling.” Jongdae greeted him, beaming.


 

Minseok smile back dazzlingly. “Good morning, baby.”


 

“Did I wake you up?”


 

Minseok shook his head, grinning ado

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter