Chapter 24 - The Second Time Being So Sick

Appa, How Did You Ask Eomma Out?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[High School]

 

For two and a half years, Taehyung had spent his days together with Jongdae blissfully.

 

Jongdae was his first crush and his first boyfriend. No boy had ever made him smile as wide and bright as Jongdae did.

 

Jongdae was the first boy who Taehyung had liked so much that he had wanted the other for himself, possessively.

 

As time passed, he began to realize, slowly and painfully, that Jongdae had agreed to become his boyfriend because he had not wanted the younger one to be saddened if he got rejected. He became conscious of the fact that Jongdae did not reciprocate his feelings.

 

In those two and half years, Jongdae had always been a sweet boyfriend to him. Never once did the boy let him feel disheartened. Every day Jongdae made sure that he was happy and smiling. If there would be anything he was anxious about, Jongdae would pull him into a warm embrace and tell him not to worry. Jongdae had always remained by his side when he needed him, in sadness and in happiness. Jongdae would always be there to hold him if he fell. He was filled with joy. He had not wanted to let go of that happiness.

 

He, sometimes, would feel extremely jealous of his cousin Minseok.

 

Jongdae never once looked at him the way he would look at Minseok. That loving, longing gaze his boyfriend would cast at his cousin did not feel right to him. He would always wonder what was so special about his cousin but not him. What made Jongdae fall for Minseok? He knew very well that they were best friends since kindergarten, but he had never expected them to fall for each other. He was a fool. 

 

Jongdae might have assumed that his dazzling smile, whenever he would see Minseok, had gone unnoticed. But, no, Taehyung could see it, always. His heart ached at those moments, because it was not him who made Jongdae smile that way.  

 

But again, he would shrug the negative and depressing feelings off once Jongdae would beam at him. Jongdae was his and, he would do anything to keep his boyfriend by his side. Or so he had thought. And for thinking that way, for feeling that way, he felt guilt eat him up inside. He knew he was doing wrong. But, his love was love too, wasn't it?

 

At times when Jongdae and Minseok’s eyes would meet, he would feel lost. The two of them suited each other so well. They seemed to be made for each other. Even he could not deny it. Yes, they were perfect together.

 

As days passed, he felt sorrier for keeping Jongdae away from his cousin.

 

His love and respect for Minseok grew even more. His cousin was kind, caring, and selfless, unlike him.

 

He wanted to be like his brother, who always loved him unconditionally; who was ready to sacrifice his ow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter