Chapter 02 - The First Apology

Appa, How Did You Ask Eomma Out?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Kindergarten]


 

On the morning of his second day at school, when Minseok looked up from his desk, he found Jongdae grinning dazzlingly while holding a red rose (without thorns) out to him. He blinked at the flower, then up at the boy, perplexed.


 

“Fol (for) you!” The kid who had made him wail on his first day at school beamed at him.


 

Luhan, who was in the seat next to Minseok’s, watched the scene unfold in front of his eyes and his jaw dropped. He had once heard about red roses and their meaning. Red rose is supposed to be for love purpose, right? So, naive Luhan thought that Jongdae was going too fast in the relationship. They were only four years old! Jongdae had to wait for at least ten or fifteen years to propose to Minseok. And it had only been their second day at school!


 

Luhan reckoned that it would be best to stop Jongdae at that precise moment. But, he did not know how to form a coherent enough sentence in Korean yet. He did not know how to say ‘red rose is for grown up boys and girls!’ Damn language barrier.


 

By the time Luhan opened his mouth to say something, Minseok had already accepted the flower from Jongdae with a cute smile and a sincere “thanks!”. The deer look-alike child just stared at his classmates in disbelief.


 

Jongdae gasped, as though just remembering something very important. “Eomma tell me say solly (sorry). I’m solly, Minseok.”


 

“I-it is okay.” Minseok said shyly. His cheeks were beginning to become red.


 

Did Minseok just blush? Luhan looked at his friend in horror.


 

“But… you look like steamy bun 'cause buns ale (are) cute, like you!” With that being said, Jongdae walked away happily to his seat, leaving a shocked Minseok and a face-palming Luhan behind.


 

After a few hours, when their classes were over, Minseok was pulled to one corner by Luhan.


 

Minseok tilted his head to the left, clueless as to what his Chinese friend was trying to imply by screaming “Love love! Lose!” so many times that he had lost count.


 

“Lose (Rose)! Love! Love!”


 

Seeing the dazed expression on his dense friend’s face, Luhan eventually gave up and sighed heavily. He should learn Korean seriously from this moment!


 

Minseok yelped in surprise when someone tapped on his shoulder. He turned around to find Jongdae looking at him with his signature cat-like grin plastered on his face. “Wan' walk home togethel?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter