Tears are falling

The Pain of Saying Goodbye...

~Jonghun POV~

it's been two days and I still wasn't able to find him. Where could he have gone? I get depressed at each moment that passed and I'm not able to find my hongki. He doesn't call, and no one even knows where he went. I really miss him. I want to see him. as I think of him, suddenly my phone rang, I answered it.

"hello.. oh, Seunghyun, why did you call?"

"I have someone here who might know where hongki is right now..."

My eyes grew wide at what my friend has said. I immediately stood up, ran out from the house and onto my car. I asked Seunghyun where he was and after he told me, I drived there instantly, and upon reaching the location, I saw Seunghyun and a man sitting in one of the tables and calmly talking. I greeted them both and when I sat down next to seunghyun, I turned my attention to the man and asked him what he knows.

"after this seunghyun guy rode in my taxi, I saw the picture of the person you're looking for in his hand and I remember that that was the same person who rode in my taxi a few days ago who was still and crying for no apparent reason. after coming from the hospital, I drove him to one of the dorms in the subdivision. and, that's all I know, besides from the fact that he overpaid. that's all."

after listening to what this man has to say, I asked him which hospital it was.

"it was the Hanyang Medical Center" the man said as he stood up. "sorry to leave you but I really need to go." and he left.

"so, are we going to the hospital?" seunghyun asked me.

"yes, we're going. maybe we can find clues to hongki's whereabouts there." I answered him as I stood up and went to my car with seunghyun.

~Hongki POV~

I finally reached Jeju Island after that tiring trip. my eyes were still swelling even after two days. It hurts to leave but I must and now that I'm here, my first thoughts was where I would stay. then, it struck me. while touring the island during my vacation here with jonghun, I came accross a small house on top of the small cliff there on the north, they said it belonged to an old woman. maybe I can go and stay there if she would allow it. after gathering my thoughts, I called on a taxi and went there.

as we went uphill, the driver started a conversation. "you're going to shipsam?" the driver asked me. I got confused, is the name of the house shipsam? and why is called shipsam? I asked the driver all these.

"yes, it's called shipsam because of the tale of the two lovers whose love met a tragic end at shipsam. they say that while in shipsam, thier love lasted for 13 days upon the completion of the house. well, that's the story I know..." he said to me.

upon reaching shipsam, I knocked on the door and it was opened by an elderly woman who welcomed me and invited me in. she is very sweet and after a short introduction, I learned that her name was Na Moon Hee. she was a frail and elderly woman who is always smiling. it was nice to stay here with her and spend the rest of my days with her, though it would have been better if it was with Jonghun.

after the dinner, we each told our own stories, and that's where I learned that she was the better half of the shipsam lovers, where the house was named. after retelling her story, both of us retired to our rooms where sleep caught me fast.

~Jonghun POV~

Seunghyun and I finally reached Hanyang Medical Center and we separated inside to ask about Hongki. after a few moments of asking around, an old doctor told us that he was the one who did some tests on hongki.

"I was the one who did the medical tests on Lee Hongki. we found some traces of a tumor growing in a part of his brain where operation makes it fatal, and cure is impossible. everyday it gets worse and there will be a time when he would even be confined to a bed and won't be able to stand up anymore as this acute tumor of him is devastating his brain cells on that area. I regret to say this but, his time is near. I don't know when exactly, give it a few months or so, but he is going. it's impossible to stop it with our current medical technology. I'm very sorry." the doctor sadly told us.

after talking to him and telling us the whole story and about hongki's condition, I was shocked as I realized that hongki may have left because of his illness and that he needs me now more than ever. I was about to leave when the doctor stopped me and said "remember, find him quickly, his time is already limited." after that, I left.

as I drove my car, tears were falling from my eyes. it's painful to imagine hongki struck with this horrible disease which no one can cure. my tears continually flowed as I drove towards our dorm to have a little rest after the day. tomorrow I'll really find him, is what I thought. I'm going to find you, my love. I just hope that I'm not too late for you, my hongki.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the next chapter... I'm very sorry if I wasn't able to update for too long.. school made me really busy so.. anyway, hope you like this short update... I promise I'll update more in my free time... ^_^...