Cling

The Pain of Saying Goodbye...

~Jonghun POV~

I was sitting on my bed thinking about hongki in misery when my phone suddenly rang. I wasn't in the mood to answer it yet as I was feeling very sad but it kept ringing. annoyed, I grabbed my phone from under my pillows and looked at my phone to see who was calling. since my eyes were filled with tears, it was a bit blurred but when I wiped them away, my eyes grew wide when I saw that it was hongki's number who was calling me. I immediately answered it with my hopes rising high. he called me, perhaps we'll see each other again. I felt sudden happiness at that moment.

"hongkiah, where are you? how are you? I want to see you.. I miss you.." I said as I answered the phone.

there was quite a silence on the other side. I tried speaking again and I was quite surprised when an old woman answered.

"is this Jonghun?" asked the old woman.

I didn't know who she was but she was calling from hongki's handyphone so I answered in affirmation. "yes, I am Jonghun. who is this? why are you calling from hongki's handyphone?" I asked in return.

"He is staying with me. he really wants to see you as he misses you so much. but he is afraid. I can't see him that sad anymore so I called. he doesn''t know about this, but it would be better  if you would be here with him to comfort him and make him happy." the old woman said.

I suddenly felt sad for hongki. I then asked the old woman where hongki is and she gave me a complete address, in jeju island in a house by the cliff called shipsam. Jeju, where we spent our vacation. I can't believe that he was there all this time. now, I'm going there so I can see him again, I can embrace him again, so I can be with my love again.

I then hurriedly packed my bags and rushed to book for an immediate flight to jeju island. wait for me hongki, I'm coming.

~Hongki POV~

I opened my eyes and realized it's already morning. I saw grandmother sitting beside me and smiling at me. I smiled a bit at her. she has been very caring all this time. I tried to sit up but I got too weak and instead, I dropped back on the bed coughing hard. grandmother comforted me as he rubbed my back.

"grandmother, thank you very much." I said as I smiled sweetly at her.

she hugged me and rubbed my back softly. "there's no need to thank me child, you made me happy also, now, I'm not living alone anymore."

"you will be again. once I part this world.' I said sorrowfully.

she hugged me tighter and hit my back softly. "Hush! don't think of such things."

I smiled and looked at the clear blue sky through the window. I have accepted my fate now, if it comes, then I'll be ready. though I have regrets if ever I'll leave this world any moment from now. regret of not having more time to spend with grandmother and Jonghun. regret of not doing things I liked to do when i was still healthy. but they are all in the past now. nothing could change it anymore.

after breakfast, I went back onto my room and played our album. I played the song which is similar to what I'm feeling right now. as the music played, I sadly followed to its melody and began to sing also.

~Jonghun POV~

at last I reached Jeju. the 1 hour frlight from seoul to Jeju seemed like an eternity. as I left the airport, I immediately boarded a taxi and gave the address. the driver nodded and proceeded to the destination. my heart was beating so fast as we were nearing the place.

"you're going to shipsam also?" the driver asked me.

I nodded, unable to speak as my heart is beating so fast.

"you're here for the young man who went there also?" he asked. "he went there months ago, he looked sad but he was a jolly person. he kept smiling." the driver continued.

we had a pleasant conversation along the way and he told me more about hongki as he arrived in jeju until the point that he drove him to shipsam.

"may I know your name?" I asked. knowing a new friend here is not that bad I thought.

"Wonbin. Oh Wonbin." the driver said.

I smiled at him and patted him on the shoulder. "Nice to meet you wonbinah"

and we continued chatting until at last we arrived at shipsam. as I got off the taxi I saw an old woman waving at me. as i got closer, she welcomed me with a sweet hug.

"I have been expecting you. he is inside. go,.." she told me.

I then rushed towards the house and i saw an open room with our music being played. I walked towards it softly but stopped when I heard him sing.

I don't think I can forget you anyway
Even if I'm sick with an incurable disease
I'm a fool that can't live without you - what do you want me to do?

Severely, I guess I loved you too severely
I don't even breath and I look around for you
I don't know when I'll be able to stop
Severely, I guess I loved you too severely
I think letting you go is more severe than dying

If this was how it's going to be, I shouldn't have loved
When will I forget you?

Foolishly, I guess I loved you so foolishly
Because of you, I can't even dream of another love
I'm a fool that only knows you - what do you want me to do?

Severely, I guess we broke up so severely
What's so hard about saying goodbye that I can't even open my lips and am hesitating?
Severely, I guess we broke up so severely
You remain deeper than a scar in my heart so I can't erase you

as the music stopped playing, he opened his eyes and saw me by the door. his eyes grew wide in surprise as I can only give him yet but a tearful smile. we have reunited at last. and now, nothing can bring us apart. I'll cling to him and will not let him go.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's another short update... I rushed to make it just now... haha... but again, I'm very sorry as i wasn't able to update for soooo long... writing my thesis required all my time and I wasn't able to make a chapter here... I'll try to update soon again.... thank you my dear readers for still reading my fic.. .^^