Catch Up

Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70 and baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23. And I'm thinkin bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways...Maybe we found love right where we are."

I walk into the cafe and found Jong Suk already seated at a table with food and drinks.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." I apologized as I sat in front of him.

"It's not your fault. I'm early. I hope you don't mind but I got us the usual. Same as what we ordered everytime we were here a long time ago. " explained Jong Suk.

I felt my heart sink as he said a long time ago. I haven't been in this cafe since the last time we were here because we had too many good memories here. I was afraid that I would ball out the moment I take one step in this place.

"Yeah. It's totally fine."

I took a sip of my drink and there was nothing but silence. I didn't know what to say to him.

"I..."

"You go first." He said to me.

"No. no. no. You go first." I replied.

"Lady's first." he replied.

"I..uh...I...uh...um..how are you?"

Okay that was the worst thing I ever said in my lifetime. Why do I feel so nervous?

"Great. I want to talk to you about something." he replied.

Well, that escalated quickly.

"Go ahead."

I could feel the butterflies going crazy in my stomach.

"That night in the cabin. Truth is, I wasn't sleeping. I wanted you to stay by my side because I was scared of losing you again."

The night at the cabin...

Jong Suk opened his eyes as he felt Shin Hye lay her head down next to him.

He smiled at the sight of her sleeping face which he missed very much. His mind went back to the argument they had outside, he thought about the reason for Shin Hye to break up with him and tears filled his eyes. It was hard without Shin Hye, all his feelings of regret and anger were put into training so that he could protect the waterfall. But now that Shin Hye is back, he just gained the feeling of longing, of wanting to be with her again.

He wiped his eyes with his free hand kissed the top of Shin Hye's head. He wanted nothing but to keep her by his side.

"I...I...don't know what to say to you." I replied honestly.

I didn't know what to say to Jong Suk, I can't say that I completely want him back yet.

"Give me a second chance Shin Hye. I love you."

Those 3 words are back and they were from his mouth. I haven't heard those 3 words since we were together. I'm very confused, my heart says yes but my mind wants me to hold back. I reall have no idea what to do or say.

"I..I..I can't. Everytime I see you, I'm reminded of all the pain, all the crying because of you. I'm not ready yet, my heart is ready bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter