Chapter 9

Fluffy's Refuge

~Fluffy’s Refuge~

 

"You want to know everything? Fine. Ask away. It doesn't matter anyway you'll treat me differently in the end, won’t you?" What is Sehun getting on about?

"Okay, first of all, why am I here?" I asked, getting the basics sounds better right now.

"I asked you to come with me because I'd rather not spend the rest of my evening with people I barely know. It feels more comfortable with you here.".....Awww shucks, Sehun.

I'm trying to be serious here, how can I when you're being like this~!

AHEM!

Serious mode back on.

"Next question. Why didn't you tell me you were...You know.....Okay, I'll be blunt. Why hide the fact you're a rich kid from the posh block?"

"I wasn't hiding it, no one asked." He's really not giving me any straight answers here. "Why should my wealth matter anyway? Never mind, what's your next question?"

"Who are those people dining with your parents tonight?"

"The Hwangs and that's their daughter Haewon. We attend the same school so I'm forced to see her every week and I prefer it if I didn't see her tonight. The weekend is the one time I don't have to see her but my father and her father are working on a project where both of their companies are involved." Again with the political talk. I'm a Biology student not a Businologist lady.

"Wait, your dad's company and her dad's company are working on a project!? Wait!! WAAAAIIIIT! Sehun oppa, IS THIS AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE TO MERGE TWO COMPA-MMPH!!" Before I could finish my statement, Sehun's hand covered my mouth as he hissed for me to be quiet.

"Don't scream or say something like that out loud! What if my parents or her parents heard you? I'm only twenty I don't need this in my life right now. I'd rather the toilet seat than marry Hwang Haewon." Um...Ew man...Note to self, don't use Sehun's bathroom. I his hand which made him push me away as he stared at his hand in horror. He then looked and settled his eyes on my and proceeded to rub said hand on my head.

"NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I screeched.

"It's your own spit! What are you so worried about!!?"

"You should be honored! My haaaiiir. Do you know how long I struggled to sit still just so this hair could look like this tonight!?"

"Like I care! You can go and- did you just try and spit on me?...Oh, you don't know who you're messing with little girl. COME HERE-"

"Sehunnie oppa~" A voice proclaimed and Sehun, who had me in a noogie position stopped to see who the person was. I lifted my head up as well and saw Haewon standing in the doorway of the balcony staring at Sehun like he was the dessert of tonight's menu. If Sehun's dessert than by all means, feast yourself on him though personally, there's more bone than skin but go ahead.

"What id it, Haewon?" Sehun said, his playful tone from earlier going dull once more.

"Aww, oppa don't be like that? Come inside, will you? Bring thingie over there with you!"

 Thingie?

"Sehun, she just called me thingie..."

"Or whatever your name is." My name is Chenguang, lady.

I pulled myself out of Sehun's noogie hold and spotted two snails on the wall. Part of me might have wanted to stick them on her face but I held back for the sake of Sehun.


 

I sneered and stared down at my own plate where my untouched fruit tart lay. We were back at the dinner table and the Hwangs and Ohs.

"Sehun, you must be happy to see Haewon outside of school!" If this is Sehun's happy face then I don't want to know what his sad expression looks like, Mrs Hwang. "Maybe you two should meet up more often. Haewon goes out with her friends so often it would be nice if she hangs around Sehun as well. What do you think Haewon, would you like to go to the Ohs more often?” Sehun sighed and looked at his parents who nodded and agreed with the Hwangs as Haewon lightly bounced in her seat with happiness.

"I can't have distractions or visits right now, Abeoji. I need to focus on school." Sehun said.

"Sehun, how many times have I told you to stop doing that useless extra subject and take Accounting as your extra subject instead?" Mr Oh said, tightening his grip on his dessert spoon.

Poor spoon, don't worry spoon, I'm caught in this family drama as well.

"I don't want to do accounting! Let me do what I want for once in my life! I don't care about the company!" Sehun exclaimed as he stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

Well, there goes my fruit tart, out of its plate.....

Thanks, Sehun. My little fruit tart which isn't even a lot just went bouncing out the plate thanks to you.

"Oh Sehun, you will lower your voice and apologise this instant! How dare you embarrass us in front of the Hwangs!? You need to show some manners, young man! You’ve practically been ignoring Haewon since you brought your friend here! Mr Oh yelled back and he too slammed his hands on the table.

There goes Mrs Oh's fruit tart.

"Don't bring her into this, she's here because I brought her! Have your contract with the Hwangs but I'm done trying to be someone I'm not and not being able to do what I do." I finished off and it was silent for a few minutes. Wow, who needs the Drama channel when you have this? "Let's go, Chenguang." He said as he took my hand and dragged me away from the table and towards the entrance.

"Oh Sehun, come back here right now! I'm not done!" Mr Oh yelled out causing Sehun to stop in his tracks and turn around.

"Well, I am."


I sat in the car with Sehun who leaned his head against the steering wheel. We sat in silence, Sehun drove us away from the mansion and we stopped at a quiet secluded place. I'd rather go home cause this is way to awkward but after what happened, I guess Sehun needs time.

"Sehun...What was that all about?" I finally asked.

"Don't worry about it..." He replied.

"Don't worry about it? Sehun you just argued with your parents and stormed out of there and I partially probably ruined this night for you! I...I'm sorry I did that I shouldn't have been so immature.." I'm even admitting to my own faults here, dude! What's going on with you!?

"Drop it, Chenguang!" He yelled and lifted his head and turned to face me.

"NO! You manipulated me into coming here and you barely explained anything to me! What happened and don't lie to me!...I thought we're friends." What is he hiding from me?

"Okay fine....I..My father.......Urg!” He frustratedly ran a hand through his hair. “Okay, so my dad runs a company. He wants me to take over and has dinners with all these people he makes contracts with and this one happened to be the father of one of the girls who attends my school. I have to put up a face each time and I'm getting sick of it. I have to do everything they ask, get high grades, listen to them attend business meetings, sit through dinners with these people he draws up contracts with. I never really get to do what I want, it's frustrating. I attend the School of Performing Arts Seoul. There's an extracurricular activity we can take and I chose Singing and Dancing. My parents wanted me to choose accounting as it would benefit me taking over the business. I have my own goals, and taking over the company isn't one of them." Sehun explained as he loosened his tie and leaned back in the car seat. I stared at him in silence, the boy I once knew who worked behind the counter was living a life like this. Who knew?

"But...Why are you working at Fluffy's Refuge then?" I wondered.

"My dad refuses to pay for my extracurricular activity so I work at Fluffy's Refuge to pay for it. I'll work for what I want. I won't be spoon fed by my parents. Not this time..." I had no idea how to console the boy next to me right now. Whenever I got sad when I was younger, Luhan would sit with me and watch my favorite movie with me though attempting that with Sehun is just not nice. It will be awkward. So, I did the only thing I could do right now.

I held his hand tightly and after a few seconds he held mine too. "I don't know what to say or do right now so I'll just hold your hand. Spill whatever you want now because I don't know how long I can do this it's awkward enough already." I told him as I leaned back, still holding his hand.

That night, Sehun told me all his troubles as I quietly sat there and listened while holding his hand. The sarcastic boy behind the counter is more than what I expected him to be.

After Sehun basically opened up to me, I had held his hand and he held mine. We eventually let go and now we simply sat there in silence though it wasn't an awkward one nor was it comfortable. It was just...Silent.

Before tonight, I knew Sehun as a smart mouthed guy who has a comeback for everything. I'm so adapted to seeing him like that, so nonchalant and carefree. Tonight, however, that nonchalant, carefree boy was reduced to someone storming out of the house and driving away to a random place to cool off.

"Sehun...I can't say that I understand what you're going through because I'm not in your shoes. I'm not good at comforting people either so all I could do was hold your hand and let you say what's on your mind." Sehun didn't even look at me as I told him this. "If you want to talk to me I'll listen and attempt to comfort you if you want me to.." What am I even saying?

"Chenguang...."

"Yes, Sehun?"

"Stop talking."

"Okay."

How much more silence does this guy want!?

....................

It's been about....Thirty seconds and my mouth is twitching so...

"Okay I can't keep quiet. Just talk to me like I'm some therapist or counselor! Doctor...er........Dr Chill! I'll be your Dr Phill only I'm doctor Chill." I'm a genius.

"..........Doctor Chill?.....Seriously? Way to ruin the mood." Sehun said but he actually smirked a bit which got a smile out of me.

"Well it was going to get awkward and I didn't want that....So uh...I'm sorry...About tonight...I should have been more mature and stuff." I should say sorry it was wrong of me and partially my fault tonight .

"Nah, don't worry about it. Haewon's one of the girls in my school who constantly seek my attention even though I make it so clear I'm not interested. He said as he finally turned to face me giving me a full view of his face.

"Yeah but still...." I trailed off again.          

"I said don't worry about it. Now we're kind of even. I didn't really enjoy the dinner at your house and I doubt you enjoyed the dinner at mine." Point taken.

"Okay, Sehun if you say so."

"What ever happened to calling me Sehun oppa? I'm still older than you." HE'S BRINGING THIS UP NOW!?

"Are you being serious right now, Sehun!?" I can't feel sympathy for him right now anymore after that!

"Sehun? Sehun what? If you don't I guess Lay will just have to hear about his Sims 4 life with yo-"

"SEHUN OPPA!!!"

"Good girl. Give respect where it's due. Let’s get you home, shall we?" Sehun said while chuckling a bit as he turned the keys and the car roared to life as we fastened our seat belts.

"Oh, and by the way," he remarked while focusing his attention on the car. "You look great tonight."

.................

How do I put this......Caterpillars must have been inside tonight’s salad food because there are butterflies in my stomach, metaphorically speaking. I swallowed and played with the fabric of Key's creation and smiled a bit.

"You looked great too, Agent 007."

"The name's Sehun. Oh Sehun.”

I then resumed to mimic the James Bond intro.


Later that night I sat on the couch smiling in my sleep-wear going over my study notes. Sehun drove me back to the apartment and I made him take a picture of me in the dress and a picture of my full body to send to Key later. I at least owed Key this, I guess. The night wasn't as planned but....It was made up for in the end. The friendship I have with Sehun is stronger than before. The power of Dr Chill ya'll. While I was studying Baba and Mama sat on another couch as they stared at me with curious eyes.

"Baobei, she's smiling." Mama spoke up.

"That's why I'm worried, sweetheart." Baba, seriously?

"Those two must have had a great time, don't you think?"

"I told you that sending her out with that boy was a bad idea! My Baba instincts were tingling!"

"Well your in stinks then! He even dropped her off at home and walked her up to the apartment!"

"He's trying to get on our good sides and I see you're already too far in to be brought back. Looks like I'm the only one left here with any sense!" I sighed and stared at Baba after he said that as Mama replied back at him defending Sehun.

Mama is so determined to see me get into a relationship whereas Baba prefers it if I stick to my dramas and imagination. Luhan didn't seem to really mind what I do so that's another story.


I was in bed already and Luhan was fast asleep. I was about to drift off as well until my phoned beeped. Who could it be at this time? I flinched a bit at the bright light from the screen but tried to make out the message anyway.

 

To: Chenguang

From: Sehun

Parents aren't pleased and stuff, ended up apologizing. What I told you earlier stays between us, okay?

 

To: Sehun

From: Chenguang

You mean the part  about you actually saying that I looked great tonight? Fiiiiiine. /:

 

To: Chenguang

From: Sehun

-_- You know what I actually mean. I'm trusting you with this, so called Dr Chill. You can sleep now.

 

To: Sehun

From: Chenguang

I will, nighty night! :D

 

Finally, some sleep. I shut my eye lids and snuggled into my pillow. Before I could enter Lala land however, my phone beeped again and I groaned and checked who it was.

 

To: Chenguang

From: Key

Still waiting for that selfie.


"I made this test extra hard so I hope you studied." Oh I did, professor. BRING IT! I had hot cocoa and some of Luhan's loud music to keep me up so I could focus on this stuff.

"Are you all ready?"

I SAID BRING IT, BRUH!

My fingers probably have muscles already from all of this constant writing!

After Prof. Kyuhyun handed out all the test sheets to all the grades, each grade with a different tests per grade to do.

"You may begin."

After the Prof. said that I heard the sound of pages being flipped over and I looked at the person sitting in front of me. He slowly flipped over his page and took a good look at the first question and let out a horrific gasp and quickly closed it. Okay, so he's not doing so good.

Just as I was about to flip my page over I heard the girl behind me say, "Mom...Dad...I'm sorry."

........

WHY MUST MY CLASS CONSIST OF SUCH NEGATIVE PEOPLE!? They're eating on my 'You can do this!' energy. I in a breath and turned my page over....

................................

Looks like I'm staying in Seoul after all.

EAAAASYYYYYY!!!

This paper is as easy as pulling up my pants.


"Time's up, hand in your tests."Kyuhyun demanded as everyone passed their tests to the front. I smirked and looked over at Kris who looked as calm as ever. "How'd ya do, buddy?" I asked him as I nudged his shoulder.

"Easy test. How do you think I did?" He replied as if stating the obvious.

"You sure you're not going to fail?" I teased.

"Failing isn't my style."

Prof. Kyuhyun took the stack of papers collected from the newer grades which is me and looked at the page on top of the stack in his hands. "Kwak Mirae, the answer the first question at section C is not 'sorry Professor, I don't know.' "

Oh my gosh he even singled her out. As he collected the papers from the grades he clapped his hands to get our attention.

"Now that the test is out of the way, shall we start on a new project?"

UM, NO!

Groans and protests filled the huge room as Kyuhyun simply chuckled darkly and smirked.

"You know what the fun part is? You guys don't have a say in this! There's a twist to this project, everyone's doing it. All grades together. You will be in pairs of two." He explained. I turned to Kris and hooked my arm in his as he tried pushing me away but I grinned up at him. Some people in the class tried moving to their friends as well.

"Also, I will assign your partners."

Guys, let's protest against this so called Professor. I'll make the posters while you guys gather a mob and we'll trash this place.

"It's a project you've seen on tv but you won't be taking it home it will be a class activity where I will observe you. I figured since we will learn about the human body, why not....Make things interesting. This project will only take place next month seeing as this is the last week of the month. It's worth forty percent of your term mark so I suggest you don't screw up."

"Jeez, Prof., get on with it!" A boy on the other side of the classroom yelled.

"I'm getting there, Yang Yoseob! Aish......As I was saying. I've already made the arrangements to have the main part of this project brought here. You won't be partnered with the same gender either. Your project is to look after a ‘child’ and see whether or not you know what to do when the child is sick."

WHAT!!!?

"Prof., the nurse's office is right down the hall, maybe you fell and knocked your head, go check it out." Yoseob said and as he said this, in the corner of my eye I saw Yoseob's friend try to slowly creep out of the door.

"I assure you I'm fine and in my right mind. Yong Junhyung, nice try but go back to your seat." Whoops, looks like you got caught, friend of Yoseob.

Junhyung groaned and walked back to his seat and stared at his desk sadly.

"So let's begin. Yang Yoseob and Kim Chaerin. Kwak Byunghee and Lee Mirae...." This went on for a while as I silently tapped my finger waiting for my name.

"Wu Yifan and Amber Liu" Amber looked around for her partner but couldn't see Kris anywhere. I looked to my side only to see Kris under the desk but since he's tall his feet stuck out and Amber saw it. She dragged him by his feet to her desk while the class watched and laughed.

"Zhang Yixing and Lu Chenguang." I immediately got up from my seat (while rising my fist in victory) and speed walked over to Lay who lightly laughed at me as I plopped into the empty space next to him.

"Hey there, 'mommy' " He lightly teased as he smiled. It caught me off guard and my cheeks felt a bit hot so I faced the window and cleared my throat.

Fate, I dunno what you're doing but wow you're good at it!

I am so twitterpated.