Chapter 11

Fluffy's Refuge

~Fluffy’s Refuge~

Chenguang’s POV

"Right, is everyone ready?"

SIR, NO SIR!

"You're all seated next to your partner, right?"

FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE I DON'T WANT TO SIT NEXT TO LAY, SIR!

"You're all probably excited, aren't you?"

I WANT TO JUMP OUT THE WINDOW AND BOOK A PLANE AND NEVER RETURN, SIR!

"As you all can see this is a 'child' that is sick." Professor Kyuhyun said as he lifted up a doll.

...................No, that's a doll, you know, the last thing you want to see in a scary movie? Yeah, that. A boy in our class slowly raised his hand and we all turned to face him.

"Um....So, we're acting as parents caring for....A sick doll?" The boy asked unsurely. "Professor, can't my partner be a single parent for this proje-OW!" Before the boy could finish, the girl who was his partner whacked him and gave him a look.

"See, Professor!? What kind of relationship is this!? I don't think I want our kid to see his parents acting like this so I'll sit this one out and- OUCH!...STOP HITTING ME!!!" The boy yelled at the girl who then held a tight grip on his wrist in case he escapes.

I feel you, man.

Only I'm doing this project with a guy I might like.

"Mr Chanyeol, I'm afraid your opinion on this project doesn't matter and you'll have to just grin and bear it. Junhyung, go back to your seat!" Professor Kyuhyun yelled at Junhyung who was once again trying to sneak out of the classroom.

"Professor, why are you doing this!?" Junhyung asked as he plopped in his seat and crossed his arms.

"I like to see you guys panic. Now, this doll is operated to have certain features. It can become slightly hot when a fever is present. It might refuse the medicine and spit it back out at you etc. As Biology students you should know how to treat a simple fever. Think of this as a practical exam." Professor explained while everyone listened.

"Wait, what do you mean spit the medicine out right back at us?" Kris asked suddenly.

"Oh, that.....Yeah I thought it would be fun and more realistic. The main thing is to get the doll to sleep" FUN FOR WHO!? THE PROFESSOR OR US!?

"All right, let's start."


So far half the class had went, some did good and some did bad. More did badly though, seriously. Lay and I never went yet and I didn't want to laugh at the other teams that went because I didn't experience it yet. I wouldn't like it if they laughed at me. Though some...I had to laugh.

When Kris and Amber went up, they were doing fine and Amber gave the doll to Kris to hold. Kris however, held the baby high like how Rafiki held Mufasa on Pride Rock and the doll spat the medicine out right onto his face. He then proceeded to look for the doll's off switch.

I think they are by far, my favorite group.

When Junhyung went up with his partner, he panicked when the doll got hot and didn't know what to do and he threw the doll at his partner. She screamed at him asking him if he would actually do that to a child and they didn't get a good mark.

Yoseob and his partner were really something. The girl really seemed eager for this and Yoseob didn't know what to do. When the doll got handed to him he flipped it around and clicked the off switch saying, "Sound asleep, do we pass?"

Nope.....I don't think so.

"A young girl of five probably has better skills at taking care of this doll baby than some of you, sad to say. Right, let's see....Zhang Yixing and Lu Chenguang! Come to the front."

Picture this, I'm an athlete running for the sprint team and we're all waiting for the gun to go off so we can run. The gun goes off, everyone ran and I'm still there, crouching with my behind in the air because I was delayed.

In short.

I'M NOT READY!!!

When I came back to my senses I realized we were already in front and the professor gave us the start signal.

The audio box in the doll started making whimpering and crying noises and I started panicking a bit. WHAT'S THE DOLL WHIMPERING FOR!? Oh snap, the whimpering went from whimpers to full on cries.

We're gonna fail.

I hesitantly picked the doll up and Lay nudged me and made a shape in his arms showing me how to hold the baby. I did as he instructed and the crying went back to whimpering. I breathed out a sigh of relief and then the doll started getting warmer. My eyes widened and I quickly gave the baby to Lay and raised my arms up as if police were there.

"Calm down, Cheng-Cheng. This is the fever part. Wring the cloth out in the bowl of water there and place it on the doll's forehead." Lay instructed as he talked in a softer voice to calm me down. I nodded and did what he said and placed the now wringed out cloth on the doll's forehead. The whimpering didn't stop and I saw Professor Kyuhyun writing down something on his clip board and I gulped.

"What now?..." I whispered to Lay who was gently rocking the doll and he gave the doll to me and adjusted my arms on how to hold it. He got the medicine and put some in a medicine spoon. I swear if this doll spits any of that goop back at me I'll go all super saiyan in this classroom. Lay approached me and slowly placed the spoon at the doll's mouth and tilted it so that the medicine would flow in.

The class and I all stared an waited for the doll to spit it out but it never happened. I relaxed my stiff posture a bit and Lay gave me a reassuring smile.

I rocked the doll gently and the lids closed and the audio box made certain breathing sounds, indicating the doll was 'asleep.'

"An A plus for the both of you. You passed and that went well actually.....I'm kinda disappointed it didn't spit out anything back at you." Professor Kyuhyun joked and I yelled out in happiness and gave Lay a hug and he hugged me back. I realized what I was doing and how close we were, not to mention we were in class....I quickly pulled away and fidgeted with the hem of my skirt. Lay lifted his one hand up for a high five and I returned it.

Did anyone see me hug him because I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon.


 

"Oh my gosh, Chenguang this is great!" No Mama, it isn't.

"No, this isn't great..." Mama said as she lifted a finger to her lip in thought. Right, it's not great, glad we're finally seeing eye to eye.

"THIS IS FANTASTIC!" I change my mind we aren't seeing eye to eye, Mama. Go put on your spectacles.

"Mama, no, you don't get it! This is serious!" I yelled.

I was sitting on my bed with Mama beside me. I had avoided Lay at work after University had dismissed, I don't think he noticed either. I'm a bit disappointed he didn't actually, come on, I'm avoiding you here when you didn't do anything wrong.

SAY SOMETHING TO ME!

When I came home, I thought I should tell someone about it, I can't talk about this with Baba for obvious reasons. Baba hasn't even met Yixing and he's going to give me whole 'YOU'RE COMING BACK WITH ME TO CHINA' speech again.

Luhan.......

Well.....He's my brother, we're close, but I don't think I'd talk to him about this kinda thing. So...Mama was the only option but...She's currently hugging my pillow and muttering about how me coming here was a good idea.

"I can't talk to you about this, seriously. Don't tell anyone, okay!?" I stood up, got my coat and walked to the door.

"Where are you going at this time of night!?" Mama yelled, stopping me before I could walk out the door.

"Um...The park around the corner? Don't worry, usually people are there! I won't be long!" I told her and all of a sudden we heard rushed footsteps with Luhan bolting past us muttering something that sounded like "gotta pee". The bathroom door slammed closed and I gave Mama a thumbs up and was about to walk again only to have her stop me.

"Take Han with you!" She exclaimed.

"Um..He's in the bathroom and I kinda want to be alone with my thoughts?" I unsurely said and it came out like a question.

"You two can be alone together then!" This woman is really not getting me.

"No, you're not getting what I'm saying...” I was about to explain to her what I was trying to say and then the toilet flushed, Luhan came out breathing a sigh of relief.

"Phew...I feel like a new man!" He smiled and walked off to the lounge. I turned to face Mama with my arms crossed and she groaned.

"Fiiiiiiine....Not too late, you hear me!?" She warned. I nodded my head and ran out the door.

Time for some serious thinking.


What is my life?.....

What...

What am I doing right now and for what purpose?

What if I hadn't been here....

Would everyone's lives still be as it is or have I made a major impact on their lives?

As you can see, I went to gather my thoughts to try and get a clear picture of my emotions.

I think....I went too deep and now I'm kinda depressed wondering what is my life.

How did I even get to these thoughts!?

I sat in the park and chewed on my bottom lip in a daze and daydreamed on the ground.

"........Chenguang?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up so fast I slipped and fell off the swing. I fell to the back and yelped as my back hit the ground and my legs dangled in the air.

"...How graceful." My eye twitched a bit as I groaned and sat up and tried to get my grip on the wing's chains and sat down again. I huffed and looked at the person who now decided to take a seat in the swing next to mine.

"What brings you here on this side of town?" He asked as he traced the outline of the chains. I shrugged and slightly swung back and forth.

"Depends, what are you doing here, Sehun oppa?" I asked. What would he be doing on this side of the world when he lives…. Well...On that side of the world.

"Getting away from home for a bit. It's suffocating there. You?" He asked as he turned his swing to face me. I stared at him and the usual face of his, he looked bored so to say.

"Needed some alone time to think..." I told him.

"Oh? I see."

"..............."

"............"

"I'm not done thinking." Seriously, what part of alone didn't you get?

"Oh, don't mind me." HOW CAN I NOT WHEN YOU'RE STARING AT ME!?

"Sehun, seriously." I told him as I pouted a bit and tried to look serious. It didn't work.

"That's Sehun oppa to you. Last I checked this is a park available to the public. Not you. So you can either it up and deal with it or be alone somewhere else, like that empty bench over there. Though, who knows what might be lurking in those bushes...There could have been someone in the bushes behind you too." He said. My eyes widened and I grabbed his swing chain and pulled it towards mine causing him to yell in surprise.

"Whoa! What are you doing!?" He asked as he tried loosening my grip.

"Human shield..." I quietly said as I scanned the park that wasn't filled with much people for anyone suspicious. 

"You're using me as a human shield? Seriously, no one could be behind us you know that?"

"I'm not taking any chances, man." I said as I wrapped my one arm around his chest and basically clung onto him like a koala. This was seriously uncomfortable, the chains were angled in an odd way as well and Sehun stared at me with a raised brow. No way am I going to disappear tonight. I still have to become a Veterinarian and teach Mufasa how to use the toilet.

"Oh, look at that young couple over there. I remember when I used to cuddle up to your grandpa too you know." An old woman a few distances away from us said to her grandchild." I blushed and stared at Sehun who smirked and wrapped his arm around me waist.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING, MAN!?????

"How sweet. One day, you'll find someone who likes you and holds you like that, dear." The old woman said and took her grandchild's hand and left the park. I stared at them till they left and pushed my swing away from Sehun's but his arm was still partially wrapped around my waist. I pulled away too fast and slipped again bring Sehun down with me.

"GUUUARRGH!"

"EEURGH!"

I fell and Sehun had fallen on top of me and oh my gosh, did this boy eat bricks for breakfast!?

"Paiiiiin...I am in PAAAAAAAAIIIIN~!!" I yelled as Sehun groaned but made no move to get off me.

"OI! Get off me!" He didn't even budge, I took my hands and pushed his body to the side and he rolled off to the side but pulled me with him.

"Dude, let go of me! What are you doing!?" Sehun looked up at me from his position and simply stared. His hands were on my waist and we were so close I won't be surprised if he heard my heart beating. We stared at each other for a while, not saying anything. His hands stayed positioned on my waist, Sehun smelled really nice. I couldn't explain it, it was fresh, natural and...Sehun-ish. Asking me to describe Sehun's scent is like asking me to describe the taste of water. I can’t. Unless tasteless is a taste.

"You can get off me if you want to, I'm not holding on to you tightly or anything. I loosened my grip a while ago." I yelped and immediately scrambled away from him and by now, I just knew I was blushing again. I held my hand against my chest and felt my heart, first Lay and now Sehun?

I came to this park to figure out my feelings towards Lay but now....Now I'm not so sure...

"Well, I have to go now and you should probably go home too. It's getting late. See you." Sehun said as he stood and walked to the exit.

Baba was right.

Things were better when I just gushed over anime guys and Kim Myungsoo.

I DON’T NEED THIS DRAMA IN MY LIFE, OH SEHUN, I REALLY DON’T.

DON’T PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THAT MAN.

I’M AN EMOTIONAL GIRL!

EMOTIONAL!


 

The month was at its end, I wrote my test and actually passed! It wasn't a hundred percent or anything but I did pretty well if I do say so myself. Mission Paws and Claws was an obvious success and this has been a busy month. Last night with Sehun...Well...

AHEM.

ANYWAY!!!

I had taken the day off from work today due to some matters which we shall now discuss.

Baba and Mama were going back to China.

I'm sort of happy because now I won't have Mama fussing about my love life or Baba looking for excuses for me to fly back with them. On the other hand, I'm kinda going to miss them. Before Luhan left for China, we were a sort of typical happy family. Eating dinner together, watching Luhan's soccer games etc. Now that they visited Luhan and me in Seoul it's almost similar to the atmosphere back in China. I'm kinda going to miss them.

We were currently at the airport saying our goodbyes.

"Also, make sure you're eating healthy. Han, keep a close eye on your sister and update me on Chenguang and that Sehun boy. Chenguang, try to wake up early and listen to your brother, okay? Focus on your school work as well so that you can be a Veterinarian one day. Don't forget to-" Baba cut Mama off with a loud sigh and she sheepishly smiled at us while Luhan and I gently smiled back.

"They're practically young adults now! Well, Luhan is.." Baba said causing Luhan to nod in agreement as I stared at Baba.

"Baba, I'm nineteen!" I yelled.

"Correct. Nine...TEEN!!! Han, take care of your sister and Chenguang, Baba wants to hear about those grades and they better be good or you will-" I huffed and cut Baba off.

"-come back with us to China!...I know, Baba." Geez, every time.

"Flight to China in fifteen minutes."

After the announcement was made, Mama broke down in tears causing Luhan and I to look around awkwardly. She suddenly grabbed both Luhan and I and hugged us tightly.

"What am I? A fourth wheel in this family relationship?" Baba asked while staring at the three of us as he stood to the side. I gave Baba a smile and grabbed him by his sleeve and pulled him into the hug. We were all huddled together, we probably weren't even hugging properly but we were close to one another and that was enough.

"I'll.....I'll call you.." Mama said in between her sobs, I nodded as she tightened her grip, clearly not wanting to let go.

"Don't keep the conversation too long! International calls are expensive!" Baba replied back which caused all of us to chuckle. We were still hugging each other, we probably looked like a rugby/soccer team huddled together discussing the game plan.

After the hug, we walked with Mama and Baba till we reached the main area where we would have to say goodbye.

"I'll keep in touch, okay? Remember, we both love you." Mama said as she held Baba's hand who nodded at her words. Baba smiled at the both of us and put his hand around Mama's shoulder. "Do well you two." Luhan and I nodded again, I felt like I would cry the way they were reacting to this, seriously.

"Have a safe trip! We love you too!" I managed to say as our parents smiled at us once more and walked away to board their plane.

I kinda miss them already.

"Now I'll have my own room back!"

LUHAN!

YOU RUINED THE MOOD!
 


When we got home, Luhan had already huddled himself up in his room and I sat on the couch flipping through some channels. I didn't know what to do right now and I didn't even feel like watching some SUFBB reruns. I felt like having Ice cream at the moment and just thinking about it made me slightly my lips. I had a few wons in my pocket so why not? I got up from the couch and went to Luhan's room only to find him napping on his bed. I shrugged and walked out the apartment and made my way to the store a few blocks away.

I opened the store doors and went to the freezer and took the mini vinalla tub and stared at it like it was Kim Myungsoo. I happily walked to the counter where I handed the money over to the guy behind the counter and went back home.

..................

WELL THAT WAS AN ADVENTURE!!

Luhan was still asleep and the vanilla ice cream was finished by the time I got home...

I thought of ringing Sehun but.....He's probably at work and I haven't spoken to him since last night...

Last night.....

OH MY WORD THAT GUY HAD HIS HANDS AROUND MY WAIST LAST NIGHT!!

Okay, chill. I fell and he fell and that happened. No wait, he rolled over and I was on top of him and then....

NO! 

Stop.

What's happening?


I can't even-

"URG!" I yelled out in frustration and tried not to think about what happened last night.

Later, Luhan and I had dinner and I bathed and went to bed.


I couldn't sleep properly....Sehun and his Sehun-ness was all up in my head. When I did fall asleep, I had a dream that we kinda did more than just fall and he had his hands around my waist. He leaned and we nearly. Ki...Ki.....Kiyeaah no never mind.

Not to mention Lay was there this time and saw it then gave me the cold shoulder. Yeah, that was probably a nightmare because Sehun was in it.

I was currently on the bus trying not to fall asleep. My head would sink down slowly only to jerk back up so that I wouldn't fall asleep.

..............

Just five minutes, I'll just close my eyes for five minutes.

"You aren't going to actually fall asleep on the bus, are you?" My head jerked back up and the once empty seat next to me was now occupied. I looked who was next to me and blinked and then yawned. Why is this person on a bus?

"Maybe.....Maybe not....I dunno..." Gosh just to talk was tiresome. I stretched in my seat and rubbed my eyes.

"What if you had to miss your stop?" The guy asked and I blinked my eyes a bit and shrugged.

"Then I'd miss it. Um....So why are you boarding the bus, Lay?" I asked him.

"Anyone can board the bus, right?" Mmmm, true but you're not just anyone now are you, Lay?

"Lay, seriously.." I said, wanting a clear answer. He smiled at me and his dimple appeared. Why is Zhang Dimple-xing boarding the bus?

"Okay, fine. My friend, Minseok, who usually gives me a lift, overslept so I opted to take the bus." He explained and I nodded with an 'o' shaped mouth. I started nodding off again, Lay and I sat in a comfortable silence and the vibrations of the bus was oddly soothing. My eyes slowly closed again and it was becoming harder to keep them open.

Just as I was about to jerk my head back up again, I felt a warm hand on the side of my head. That same hand gently pushed my head towards a warm yet slightly hard build. It was comfortable nonetheless.

....

My head was resting on Yixing's shoulder.

"You can sleep if you want to. I'll wake you up when we get to the university." I was too tired to protest or anything so I closed my eyes and fell asleep on Lay's shoulder.

 


Like he told me, Lay had woken me up when we got to the university and I was still exhausted! I slowly walked next to lay who would glance in my direction every now and then to make sure I wouldn't fall and snuggle into the floor. When we finally reached the classroom, I went to my seat and lied my head down on the desk. Kris turned to me in question and poked my head.

"Oi....What's up with you?" He asked, now poking my cheek.

"Stop it! Don't bother...me.." I mumbled and turned my head in the opposite direction and snuggled into my arms.

"Usually you're chipper and loud in the morning.." Kris whispered to himself and picked up his pen and poked me with the back of it. "Who are you, and what have you done with my desk mate!?" He demanded.

I groaned and sighed, is he being serious right now or is he joking?

"Kris, not right now, man..I'm not in the mood..." After I said that Kris let out a low whistle.

"Okay, no, seriously. Who are you and what have you done with Lu Chenguang?"

"I am Pepito Le Exhausted and I ate her! Hahahahahaaaaaaa~ I'm joking..." I lamely finished off and yawned.

".............I'm just going to leave you alone..." Yes, that would be nice, thank you.

Finally.

I can catch up on some Z's!


"Miss Lu...."

No....Not right now, this is a very important moment in my life!

"Miss Lu!"

NOT RIGHT NOW!

I'M ABOUT TO SHAKE HANDS WITH PRESIDENT KIM MYUNGSOO!!

"MISS LU CHENGUANG!"

"I LOVE YOU!" I yelled while suddenly standing up as my seat and wiping my mouth in case I drooled. When I realized what was happening, I stared into the eyes of Professor Kyuhyun who smiled at me while the rest of the class stared at me like I just drooled out gold.

".....I love me, too. You may score decently in this particular area of a subject but such behavior will not be tolerated while I'm teaching." Professor Kyuhyun said, the smile disappearing from his face and was replaced by an almost dark look. "Do we understand each other, Miss Lu?" He spoke in a lowered tone with a raised brow. I gulped and slowly nodded my head and sat down, not daring to look up.


If I thought me falling asleep in class was bad, try under the counter at work. Sehun hadn't arrived yet and for some reason, the bottom of the counter looked like a decent place to hide and sleep. It was spacious and my body could fit in there, so why not?
When Sehun had arrived and took his place at the counter however......

"OH SWEET MOTHER OF CORN!" Sehun yelled.

I screeched and knocked my head against the top of the counter.

That....Oh Sehun...

"What are you doing under the counter!?" He screamed at me and dragged me out from my once cozy place.

"Sleeping! What are you doing in front of the counter!?" I screamed back at him and rubbed my head.

"Really? What am I doing behind the- Just get up and get to work." He sighed and helped me up and Lay came to see what the noise was about.

"What happened?" he asked, looking at the two of us.

"Chenguang here might have hit her head too hard because by the looks of it, she can't tell what the difference between a counter and a bed is." Sehun said and I turned to give him a stare which he replied back to with his own.

"Are you okay!?" Lay quickly rushed to me and inspected my head for any sign on injury so I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up to assure him.

After that incident, I sat next to Sehun and continuously rubbed my head in an attempt to sooth the pain. How hard did I hit my head? I let out a soft whimper just thinking about how this would pain when I lie down in my bed tonight. My beautiful head....

"Let me see for a sec..." Sehun muttered from my side and took both hands and gently cupped the sides of my head. He slowly parted my hair strands and looked closely for any wounds are marks, his touch was soft and kind of unexpected for Sehun's character.

"Your head seems fine."" No, it doesn't. IT'S PAINING!

"Then give me your head! Try my head on for size." I told him and he switched his gaze to me and I stared right back.

"No thanks. My face is attached to my head so I need it, it's quite handsome if you haven't noticed. “Wow, self-confident much!?

"Oh please.." I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Want to take a closer look?" He teasingly said and brought his head down a bit to mine and he smirked.

Too close...

TOO CLOSE!!!

TOOCLOSETOOCLOSETOOCLOSETOOCLOSETOOCLO-

"Ahem!"

Both Sehun and I turned to see Suho and Tao standing there staring at us with curiosity. I looked from them to Sehun and realized how funny this looked. Sehun's hands around my head with is face brought close to mine....

I quickly shoved myself away and regretted it because I felt a pain on my head and hissed.

"Oh, no! Don't stop on our accord, do carry on!" Tao said with a snicker and Suho nudged him.

"No! Don't!" Suho chimed in.

"No, do! If you do, Suho has to give me a raise! So go team Chenghun!" Tao cheered and Suho snorted from his side.

"NO! Chengxing is where it's at! I totally ship those two together." Suho nodded at his words.

"Uh, no. I ship Sehun and Chenguang together. That ship will sail!" Tao gave us a thumbs up and a wink after his statement and Suho sighed at Tao's words.

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that!"

Whoa, wait. Tao and Suho are shipping me here!? Do I have a say in this!? I turned to Sehun who already put earphones in his ears and yawned. Well, so much for that. I averted my attention back to Tao and Sehun who were still claiming ships.

"CHENGHUN!"

"CHENGXING!"

"HUN!"

"XING!"

Oh boy

...