Chapter 13

Fluffy's Refuge

~Fluffy’s Refuge~

Chenguang's POV

As he said, Sehun continued working at Fluffy's Refuge and we never brought up the topic about what happened back in the shed.

It was like a silent agreement between the two of us.

How are things between Sehun and myself? No more awkward silences, he's giving me sarcastic remarks and commenting on my knowledge. So...We're back to normal. The atmosphere at work was no longer tense and I have taken my rightful place next to Sehun at the counter. There are days where Sehun would come to work seeming a bit off but he said it was those accounting classes and the workload. I tried sitting with him and helping him with the accounting work but I'm a Biology student not some sort of secretary for the president.

"So what exactly does this mean?"

"That's a fixed asset meaning the total doesn't really change. Do you understand it now?" Sehun asked after explaining some of the terms to me. He gave me an extra page to attempt and keep me busy while he did his homework, we were currently at Luhan's apartment in the lounge. I was on the couch with Sehun next to me, Luhan was napping in his room.

"Wait, so all the stuff in the Fixed Asset's column doesn't change?" I asked again, just to make sure.

"Yeah. Now attempt it, remember you're working out a business's amount." Sehun said and left me on my own and did his own page of work. I stared down at the page of accounting work and grunted in displeasure.

What even is this!?

A few minutes had passed and the main sound you could hear was our pens against the paper jotting down answers.

"Done?" He asked from my side and I grinned at him and happily showed him the page. Sehun took the page and stared at it for a while and then blinked. He looked up at me as I let out a chuckle.

"How'd I do?" Not bad for a beginner, right?

".........You're going to bankrupt this business, woman. How did you manage to get almost every single thing wrong even when I told you the fixed asset doesn’t change!?" He said, frustrated and I pouted in disappointment. At least I tried.

"Whatever! Accounting isn't my thing! You've got the spot at the counter at work for a reason!" I replied, I just work with Lay and help Tao when it's needed. Don't let me handle money, there's a reason Mama always gave Luhan the money whenever we went to the shop even when I was fourteen years old.

"This is seriously concerning. If you get married, let your husband pay the bills before you get into debt and lose your house just because you added way too many zeros." Sehun said with a roll of his eyes and crumpled up the paper and threw it at my head.

I picked the crumpled paper ball up and hurled it at him only to have him catch it.

"This goes in the bin, woman. Throw this paper around all you want this isn't my room." He replied. I wanted to make him swallow the paper, this boy! He and Kris should meet up...

No.

Wait.

They shouldn't.

They'll torment me and doubt my intelligence.

"Hey. What kind of host are you? Go pour me something to drink." He demanded and I stared at him in disbelief with my mouth open in shock.

"Excuse me-"

"You're excused."

"Let me speak! Excuse me young man, but whose room do you think this is for you to command me around like that!?" I said, pushing him slightly only for him to jab me in my side.

"Oppa, not young man. You haven't called me that in a while. Last I checked I’m your guest so see to my needs, please. I'm saying please here, come on." Sehun said, waving his hand in the direction of my door and I grunted and went anyway.

Tch.

Who does he think he is!?


Sehun's POV

I watched her until she walked out the door and let out a sigh. It's been a few days since the incident at the park but at least we're on comfortable terms now. Despite that there was still one thing bugging me.

Yep.

The situation in the shed.

We might continue on as if it never happened but we both know very well it did. I didn't expect it, really. I knew she was close to me cause I could feel her near, turned my head in the direction I thought she was at and...well...

Bada-bim-bada-boom.

I kissed her.

Or she kissed me.

......

We kissed each other!

Surprisingly, her lips were smooth and not chappy. I would have thought that it was dry or chippy seeing as she bites it from time to time but it was quite soft, I have to admit. A kiss is shared between two people who like each other, right? With that in mind, it was kind of awkward for me to face her, so I chose to avoid her instead. Not to mention how different I felt around her lately. It just didn’t feel the same and by the looks of it, I’m the only one feeling this way. I don't think I ever would have thought of kissing her of all people nor did I expect to be so....Well, it wasn't bad. It was unexpected though.

Lately, I get this kind of....feeling of sorts when I get near to her. I'll try and ignore that though. Maybe it'll go away. I shook my head at the thought and groaned. What's taking that woman so long!? I got up and walked towards the doorway and looked for her, I stopped in front of a door and slowly opened it but all I saw was a body cuddling a pillow, the person was fast asleep.

Ah, it's Luhan.

"...ungh...Oh..Emma Watson..." Luhan grumbled, giggled and then snuggled the pillow. I blinked, and then slowly closed the door and walked towards the lounge. Just where was this girl? I heard a slight thump and walked towards the kitchen where I found Chenguang trying to reach for the glasses on the top shelf.

"Urg! I should have done the dishes last night...Luhan and his tallness..Packing the dishes up so high..." She mumbled to herself and I watched in amusement as she jumped a bit trying to get to the glasses.


Chenguang's POV

It was enough that Luhan got the dancing and singing genes and left none for me but did he have to take the height genes too!? I gave up and stared at the glasses on the very top shelf with a glare that Sehun would probably scoff at.

Okay.

One more try.

Just one more.

Standing on my toes and stretching my arm out, I tried to grab a glass when I felt something warm against my back and two arms appeared on the sides of mine. My stomach did some flip flops and I had a good idea on what the cause of it was. Said two arms grabbed both glasses with ease and when I turned around, I was met with Sehun's amused stare.

"All I did was ask for something to drink and you can't even manage that?" He said.

"Well....It was on the very top shelf! How was I supposed to get that!? By standing on the counter!?" I yelled, crossing my arms for more effect.

"That sounds like a plan, why didn't you do it?" Can you believe this boy!?

We stood there staring at each other for a few more seconds until I realized just how close we actually were right now. My eyes widened and I looked up at Sehun in shock and he stared back, his eyes fixed on mine. He put the glasses down and leaned in closer to me and I slowly leaned back, eyes going wider if possible.

Okay they can't go any wider, I need to blink.

What is he doing!?

He was close enough now, I could feel the heat radiating from his body and his eyes were no longer fixed on mine but casted a bit more downward.

Oh gosh.

Is he going to do what I think he's going to do!?

ASDFGhJKL!!!!

"What are you two doing?"

I placed my hand on Sehun's chest and pushed him away while Sehun coughed and looked out towards the kitchen window like Spiderman was there waving at him. I looked towards the source of the voice and found Luhan in the doorway, staring at us with puffy eyes, clearly from waking up a few minutes ago.

"Um...I was....Trying to get the glasses....Sehun helped me get it..." I slowly said, still feeling the butterflies in my stomach and I could practically feel my heartbeat. Sehun nodded beside me, not really knowing what to say. Luhan raised a brow at us and cleared his throat.

"Mhhmmm." Luhan hummed, still staring at us.

"Well...I'm going to shower and stuff...Just...Checking up on you guys." He said, staring at me then at Sehun.

Luhan then raised his fingers in a peace sign and pointed it at Sehun and I and then at his eyes.

What are you assuming here, man!?

My mouth slightly opened in surprise as I stared at Luhan who walked towards the bathroom.

I opened the fridge and poured some juice into the two glasses and thought about what could have happened if Luhan didn't walk in.

Would we have...

Would we....

.......

Oh gosh....

He totally almost kissed me.

Out of his own will.


"What is round with no center?"

I asked, spinning a pen around my fingers as Sehun wrote down the totals of today's sale.

"A ring." He replied, eyes darting from the money to the page now and then.

"Nope. Guess again."

"A circle."

"Close, but no."

"Then I don't know." Sehun sighed, getting frustrated at how I wouldn't let him focus in complete silence.

"A ring doughnut, seriously, how could you not guess that!?" I finally caved in, giving him the answer and Sehun turned to look at me like I just told him I put someone's cat in the microwave.

"A doughnut? Really!? Didn't you ask me what was round with no center!? That could be so many things!" He screamed, slamming the pen down and I scoffed.

"Yeah, but it wasn't the answer I was looking for!" Lay and Tao stared at us from the other side as if they were watching a comedy sitcom.

"They're at it again." Tao said and Lay chuckled.

"They've been at it since they've met haven't they? Well, I have to clean up the pet care room, the dogs made a mess. Note to self, bring in one dog at a time, and help me, will you? I don't want to go near the things those dogs defecated." Lay asked, and Tao groaned in displeasure but agreed to help nonetheless. Suho came out saying everyone could go home after they're done, and Sehun had started counting the money to make sure he didn't make a mistake.

"561....562....653....564..." he quietly counted under his breath and I watched him for a few seconds before leaning in closer towards him and whispered a few totals with him.

"570...571...572" I counted even though he was counting from 566 now and not 570.

"573...574...575...57-.....Wait, Five hundred and seve-....." Sehun mumbled a bit and then closed his eyes and took a deep breath and looked at me. "WOMAN!!!" He yelled, grabbing me by my shoulders and looking me in the eye as all I could do was laugh.

"I'm trying to count here!! This is important stuff!"

"Okay, okay, take a joke will you? Your grip on my shoulders is kinda tight though..." I said, waiting for him to let go but he didn't. "Sehun oppa?" No response what so flipping ever. I looked up at him and found him staring straight at me and nearly squeaked at how he was looking at me. He's looking at me like someone farted and he thinks it's me when it's not. You know those looks? It looks similar to the look he has right now, that accusing one. Sehun chose that moment to start leaning his face in close to mine much like how he did yesterday before Luhan came in. His breath fanned across my face and I wasn't even sure if I was even breathing.

He's doing it again.

Does he know he's doing it again?

.......

Should I tell him he's doing it?

"The Chenghun ship brings all the Zitao's to the yard and I'm like, Suho's losing so hard and this ship, is gonna sail so far~I ship you two, and it's free of charge!" Tao, who had been looking at us from Lay's pet care room doorway sang. Sehun groaned and stared at Tao with narrowed eyes. Tao snickered and waved. "Don't mind me, you two! Carry on~. Lay, dude, guess what happened now." He said and went back inside the room and closed the door.

After Sehun finished counting the money (successfully) he gathered his things and went to tell Suho he would be leaving. When he came back, I hid under the counter where his school bag was and almost laughed at what I was doing. I heard his footsteps approaching and as he leaned down to grab his bag I stuck my head out and grabbed his legs.

"BOO!!"

...........

..........

.........

Sehun stared at me for a while and I stared back, neither of us saying a word. "You didn't get scared, did you?" I asked.

"Nope." Didn't think so.

I climbed out from under the table and pouted at him.

"Have you no sense of fear, man!?"

"Of course I do, when I was younger, my aunt came out her bathroom with white creamy stuff on her face and cucumbers and a towel wrapped around her body and waist. I don't remember the last time I ever used the bathroom in her house." Sehun said as I dusted off my clothes.

"You found that of all things scary?" How is seeing that scary?

"I was much younger and saw a movie about Mummies and she looked like she could pass as an extra in that movie." I'd laugh but it wouldn't feel right. We stood like that for a few more seconds, and I cleared my throat, not wanting to stare at him any longer. I'm not good at the "no-blinking" game.

He was totally gonna kiss me, wasn't he?

Yeaah.

Totally was.

I don't blame him.

I mean...

Have you SEEN me?


"What are you doing?" Luhan asked. I was on his laptop looking up some things while lying on the couch.

"Signs that he's interested in you?..." Luhan read and I quickly slammed the laptop shut so he wouldn't see any further.

"HEY! That's my laptop don't just close it like that!! Also, why are you looking up such things!?" I didn't answer him and held the laptop tightly by me. "Chenguang, who is it? It's that Sehun guy isn't it? Isn't it?" He questioned while trying to get the laptop out of my grasp and I protested while pulling the laptop towards me. "Break this laptop, just you see....Just you break it..." Luhan lowly said while staring at me almost intimidatingly and I eventually gave it to him. He opened the laptop and I immediately pressed a few shortcut keys and an option box came up and I clicked shut down.

"CHENGUANG!!!"

"Oh wow, it's getting late. Better go bath now!" I said while running towards the bathroom to escape Luhan.


Suho left Sehun and I in charge of the store once more while he took Tao and Lay with him to go and pick up some supplies for the store. He also made sure to warn us to stay away from the shed and to stay inside the store so we don't lock ourselves up again.

Like we needed to be reminded of what happened that day!

We were now managing the shop, I helped a few customers that came in looking to adopt and pet and Sehun helped them fill in the paper work. We didn't talk much but we weren't on bad or awkward terms either. The shop had no one but Sehun and I in it right now and the stereo which Tao had brought, saying it was too quiet in the store played some music. Then, the music stopped, so did the fan and Sehun's phone stopped charging.

"Looks like the power's out." Sehun said, I raised a brow in his direction.

"Are you sure?"

"If you don't believe me why don't you try charging your phone. Look, people are walking out of the cafe opposite our store." He said, and when I looked out the window, some people were walking out. I sighed and leaned my head against the wall.

"Now what are we going to do...It's probably going to be so boring now!"

"Think about the people on movie dates. One moment Katniss Everdeen is about to shoot her arrow, the next, BOOM! Power's out and the staff are kindly asking people to leave." He said while walking away from the counter and stood next to me.

"Of course you'll use The Hunger Games as an example."

"Your brother has great taste in movies."

"Out of all the people affected by a power outage, you think about the people in a cinema?"

"Fine then. What about this, people who were busy doing their hair at this moment. The left side is all nice and silky and the right looks like a bush from the wild." I laughed after he finished that and now we were thinking about what situations people were in right now due to the power being off.

"For people who were playing games, they could have gotten pretty far and they didn't save and then unfortunately, the electricity switched off." He gave another example and I laughed at the thought of it.

"Okay, I get it, many people were affected by this." We were now sitting on the floor with the power still out, it was still a bit light out so we could still see each other. We talked about random things and shared a couple of laughs here and there.

"You know what laughs I like the best? The ones where you laugh so hard no sound comes out so you're just standing there with tears running down your face and you're struggling to get oxygen. Then your stomach aches and you're all 'I want a six pack after this.' " I told him and he agreed with me while chuckling a bit.

After a couple of good laughs, we leaned against each other, wondering when the power would be back on. We changed the sign outside to closed seeing as the counter wasn't working right now.

I was about to close my eyes to maybe fall asleep when Sehun sighed shifted a bit.

"Chenguang.." I opened my eyes a bit to look at him and he turned me around to so that we were sitting face to face.

"Whatever you do...don't move." He said while slowly move his hands towards my face.

Don't move?

What does he mean 'don't move'?

Why didn't he want me to-

Oh gosh.

No.

Please, no.

Is there something on me!!?

Did the tarantula's Lay kept in the pet care room get out their tank thingy!?

Sehun, please, if it's on me get it off!!! I sat there facing him with wide eyes and taking in careful breaths.

I was like some kind of statue.

Sehun leaned in closer and his hands cupped my face, Sehun hurry up I'm going to lose it here. I closed my eyes and waited for him to do something, wanting nothing more than to probably bolt out of this store. I could feel his hands on both sides of my face, then, his warm breaths against my cheeks, and finally...

His lips against mine.

Of all the things that could happen to me right now, it’s me kissing Oh Sehun.

Actually he’s kissing me but you get the idea.

One minute he’s making it seem as if Noodles’s babies are crawling over my face and now his lips are crawling over mine.

Though if I had to think, I’d take Sehun over Noodles any day.

Sehun’s hands were still cupping my face and he simply kept his lips on mine for a few moments and slowly moved away and stared at me.

I must look like some kind of fish fresh out the water right now. My eyes are wide and my lips are slightly parted.

“Usually when someone kisses you, you usually respond to it. Are you sure you watch your dramas?” Sehun scoffed and slightly moved away while rolling his eyes. I blinked and cleared my throat and tried to compose myself.

Pffft!!

Me, Chenguang, composed.

I should consider becoming a comedian.

“I-I do! Though I don’t recall Myungsoo kissing  that Yerim girl or whatev-“

“Really? Myungsoo? I just kissed you a few seconds ago and you bring up someone famous who has no idea that you exist?” Quiet, Sehun. You sound like my mother.

“It’s fine because I’m with him!......In spirit…..Haha, Inspirit, in spirit, get it?” I laughed at the sudden pun realizing what I just said while Sehun stared at me in shock and disbelief.

“In case you didn’t catch it, I just kissed you! I’m even admitting to it, take this more seriously. Don’t mess with my feelings!” He yelled and I blinked at him, I know what he did but if I remember correctly something happened in the shed and he wanted us to leave that in the past?

“……..You have feelings!?” I gasped while holding a hand to my mouth.

……

What?


Last time we kissed (not this time, the time before that) he avoided me! Now he knows how I felt! No, wait. He doesn’t. I’m not ignoring him or anything….I don’t know what to do…Whelp.

“Of course I do what do you think I am?” He said with a scoff and a roll of his eyes. Is this the attitude of someone who just kissed somebody?

I sat there on the floor and avoided looking at him with my hand still raised to mouth with Sehun’s gaze fixed on it.

“Chenguang…” He said with a deep and husky tone.

Maybe I should change my name, hearing him say it now is giving me shudders and I can’t tell if it’s good or bad….

“Look at me.”

No.

“Look at me or else.”

SMEAGOL DOES NOT WANT TO LOOK AT THE HANDSOME SEHUN’S LIPSES! DON’T LISTEN TO HIM, PRECIOUS!

GOLLUM!

GOLLUM!

“You have three seconds to look at me now or I’ll seriously do it.”

What, so now he wants to take away three seconds of my time!? No way, Draco Malfoy. That might work with Crabbe or Goyle but this is Chenguang, I probably would have gone to Griffindor, Harry was in Griffindor don’t you mess with me.

“Three…”

Don’t make me Wingardium Yixing-o-sa your behind.

“Two….”

No, seriously, don’t, I can’t do those spells I don’t do magic.

“One.”

When he finished counting, he took my hand and pulled it away from my mouth and used his other hand to push me forward towards him. Our lips were locked together and despite the sudden push, his lips were soft against mine. Tingles and flutters were all over my nerves and the odd part was..

I was enjoying this.

I, Lu Chenguang, am enjoying a kiss from Oh Sehun. Not Zhang Yixing or Kim Myungsoo, but Oh Sehun.

…….

Who am I and what have I done with myself!
Tell me!

Tell me now!

I was snapped back to reality when Sehun started his thumb across my fingers and moving his lips against mine in an attempt to coax me into kissing him back.

You persuasive guy, you!

Trying to make me fall for your trap!

“It’s like I’m kissing a guppy fish, loosen up will you?” He growled yet lowly whispered and placed his lips on mine again.

You know what?

This is a nice trap.

I’ll fall for it.

I tried moving my lips against his only to have him chuckle and I shuddered again at the vibrations and moved away from him to cover my face with my hands.

“You’re so inexperienced it’s funny.” He tauntingly said and I would get back at him but right now….

Chenguang.exe has stopped working.

At that moment the store doors opened and Tao, Suho and Lay walked in, Tao was using the flash light on his phone and moved it to the direction Sehun and I were sitting at.

OH MY GOSH WHAT IF THEY HAD TO WALK IN WHILE WE WERE KISSING!!? A FEW MORE SECONDS AND THEY WOULD HAVE CAUGHT US!

OH MY GOSH!

CALM DOWN, WOMAN!

GOLLUM!

GOLLUM!
“What were you two doing on the floor?” Suho asked and Lay stared at us curiously.

Well, if you must know, sitting on the floor and kissing (IT’S THE SEHUNSES THAT DIDS IT, PRECIOUS! BELIEVE US, PRECIOUS, WE KNOWS! WE KNOWS!) though you don’t need to know that.

“Why do you two seem so….Suspicious, like you were caught in the act?” Lay asked.

“Caught in the act? Lay what are you- OH MY GOSH! You two!!” Tao screeched with a horrific gasp and Sehun snorted and told him to stop assuming things.

“The electricity is going to be shut down for the rest of the late afternoon so we might as well close up now. Thanks for holding down the fort you guys.” Suho said as he went to the back to find the store keys and Tao and Lay went to get their own things. Sehun and I were now alone and he had already gone to fetch his things.

As he was about to walk pass, he stopped next to me and smirked and a tingle to shoot down my spine. He leaned in close to my ear and I stood still.

“This is far from over.” He whispered and walked out the store doors and I stared at his retreating figure with my eyes wide.

Far from over?

…….

Someone book me a plane to the Shire and give me the address to Bilbo and Frodo Baggins's place, I don’t think I’m ready for this right now.