Chapter 7

Fluffy's Refuge

~Fluffy’s Refuge~

When I arrived at the University I remembered that I had to ask Kris for the chapters later on so I could get this studying done and dusted. With that out of the way, I can focus on Mission Paws and Claws. As I was walking someone's arm suddenly wrapped around my shoulder and pulled me close. I recognized this scent, similar to musk but not musk.

It's him.

"Good morning, Cheng-Cheng~"

HI THERE, BABE!

"Good morning, Lay. Fancy meeting you here." I said as we walked towards the building. Yes, good morning indeed. I subtly snuggled closer to him.

"Well, I attend this university so..." Oh, right...

Shouldn't have said that.

Duh, of course he attends this place, we're in the same class!

On our way in, I caught sight of Sulli and Kai who made their way over to us.

"Hi, Chennie! Oh, you brought your cute friend from work. You two would look really adorable together!" You're right, Sulli.

We would. However...

DON'T SAY THOSE KINDA THINGS YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME BLUSH, HOHOHOHOHO!!~

"We're just friends, Jinri.." Lay said.

What.

Just friends?

Um, excuse me! Did you ask me for my opinion in this, Zhang Yixing?

No.

How dare you friendzone me!?

"Who knows, you could be friends now but something more in the future. Right, Kai?"

"Are we really having this conversation?" Kai, this topic is very important to me, how dare you act as if we're simply talking about today's weather? Speaking of which it's quite hot.

The buzzer rang out signaling that the lectures would start soon and we all went our separate ways with the exceptions of Lay and myself. After sitting in my seat I turned to Kris and poked his cheek causing him to look at me.

"Kris, I need the chapters for the test ASAP. My life is busy right now with work, my parents, University, this test and sadly, I've just been friendzoned so the least you can do for me right now.....Is give me the chapters....Please?" Come on, Kris. I know you're an awesome dude under all that layers of style.

He sighed and wrote down a few things on a slip of paper and slid it towards me. The paper showed the module and the chapters we had to go over and the date of the test. It's a day before Mission Paws and Claws! Who arranged this test!? Who made it that day of all days!?

"I hope you are studying for the upcoming test, students.  I even arranged the date towards the end of the month so use this time carefully." Prof. Kyuhyun said as he walked around with a massive Biology book.

SO IT WAS YOU PROF.!!!

Oh well...

What can I do...

The man's just doing his job.

"Kris, you're still coming to our function, right?" I whispered.

"I said I would, didn't I?"

"Kris....You are such a cool friend."

"Mmmm..."

"Oh, and-"

"You must be quite ready for that test, Miss Lu. If you have time to communicate." Of course I'm not ready! If I was I'd be sleeping right now! Some people in the class looked at me while the rest seemed unfazed by what just happened. Lay seemed to be one of the people looking and silently laughed at me.

Sigh..

Friend...zoned...


"You aren't going to walk with me to Fluffy's Refuge?" I asked, a bit sad that I'd be walking alone. Lay had already left before me and I had to stay behind to finish up some work. Sulli and Kai wouldn't be walking with me to work.

"My bad, Chennie but we need to practice for Mission Paws and Claws so we're meeting up with Jonghyun and Taemin." Sulli explained while looking at me apologetically. Kai simply gave me a comforting pat on my shoulder.

"Nah, it's okay...I'll be fine. See you guys tomorrow!" I said as I made my way to work. I sighed as I walked slowly to my destination, why is there so much things happening right now?

........

I wonder what Kim Myungsoo is doing right now.

"Oh, so Lu Chenguang can actually look sad." I turned my head to see Sehun walking beside me with his hands in his pockets. What does he mean sad, I'm not sad, just a bit lost in my thoughts!.......

Also, I'm friendzoned.....

"Can't I be sad? What about you? I mostly see this sort of blank look on your face." I muttered as I kicked a pebble in front of me.

"I'll have you know some girls at school are infatuated with me." Clearly Sehun hasn't seen Mufasa's affection towards me.

Thanks, Mufasa.

"Do you even know how to flirt, Sehun oppa?" This I have to know.

"Of course I do."

"Say a pick up line then." This will be a nice way to pass time. Seeing Oh Sehun attempt at a pick up line.

Sehun turned to face me as we both stopped walking and he stepped closer to me. "H-hey what are you-" I didn't have time to finish my sentence as he placed a finger on my lip and smirked at me. He then moved his face closer to mine and I could almost feel his warm breath on my own face. Did he not care that we were basically in public. I slightly turned my head to see if anyone was watching us but he removed his finger from my lip and used his hand to reposition my face. Oh my gosh what is he doing!? I'm getting butterflies in my stomach and I can feel my heartbeat, oh my gosh am I hearing it now as well? Can he hear it? I shuddered when he released a husky chuckle, his voice low and deep.

"Lend me a kiss?" I would have found that so funny had I not been as nervous as I am right now. Sehun then started leaning in even closer than before and by now he could probably actually hear my heart. My mom could probably skip a rainbow right now if she had to see this. Was this how my first kiss was going to be taken away?

In the middle of the street?

Oh Sehun is going to take my first kiss right here and now, am I really going to stand here and let this happen!?

 IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!?

"That's how you flirt." He said as he moved his head away from mine and smirked at me. "Aw, disappointed? You're blushing, how cute." Sehun continued as I stood there. My bones felt as if someone replaced them with jelly and my heart.....

However, most of all, I felt embarrassed.

Embarrassed because it happened in public. Embarrassed because anyone could have seen that. Embarrassed because I allowed him to play around like this with me only to leave me feeling like this at the end. And if I had to be serious, part of me was actually anticipating that something would happen.

"I actually enjoy seeing you like this, Chenguang."

"Oh, you do? Are you experiencing your first emotion Oh Sehun?" I replied, I have to admit this is partially my fault as well. If I hadn't suggested this, none of this would have happened in the first place.

"Getting smart mouthed are we? Well, seeing as you gush about the guys on the dramas you watch....Why don't you show me if you can flirt?"

Oh please...

Me?

Flirt?

Pssshhh....

Okay, fine.

"Um...I...I can try. Ahem!" I cleared my throat and looked at him as he waited for me to say a pick up line. "...Here it goes....You're so gorgeous you make me want to gorge my eyes out."

"......."

"......."

"The guy you are going to use that pick up line on is probably going to put a restraining order against you just for safety precautions." Oh come on Sehun oppa, I thought it was pretty good. Like, he's so gorgeous my eyes can't stand it.

"It's not that bad..."

"You're right it's worse."

That phrase of his, seriously. How much longer till I get to work?


 

While I was at work, I tried ignoring the whole friendzoned thing and just continued on with my day. I'll just have to up my game!

Watch out Zhang Yixing!

I don't simply just look for Mr Right....

I hunt for Mr Right!

Heheheheheheheeee.....I tickled the hamsters little head while silently laughing to myself as I thought of ways to un-friendzone myself.

"Um....Sehun..." Tao said as he stood next to Sehun at the counter.

"Ignore it, Tao. This is probably normal for Chenguang."

Lay had suddenly appeared and saw having a moment with the hamster.

"Um..." He started off and looked at Sehun and Tao for an explanation.

"No worries. Apparently this is normal." Tao said as Lay made an 'o' shape with his mouth and nodded in understanding.

Soon, Zhang Yixing....

Soon.....

Don't underestimate the power of Lu Chenguang!

"Oh, I met Chenguang's parents!" Wait, what? Sehun, no!

"Whoa, seriously!? What are you, her boyfriend? What were her parents like?" Gosh, Tao, you sound like my mom.

"They all spoke Chinese except her brother. I think her mom likes me though, she was patting my shoulders and straightening my collar. She patted my cheeks too. Her dad on the other hand...I don't think he likes me. I felt like I was going to become a missing person by the end of the day the way he was staring at me." Sehun told Tao and Lay while I stood there.

Hello!? I'm right here?

"You're making me curious, Sehun....How come I never met her parents?" Oh, Lay wants to meet my parents!?

I KNEW YOU DIDN'T WANT TO FRIEND ZONE ME!

"I'd like to know more about my new friend so why not start by meeting her parents?" NOOO, LAY!

I thought we were past the friendzone thing and now you're just.....Sigh, as the Korean actors and actresses say in this kind of situation....

AISH!


Why am I the only girl working at Fluffy's Refuge!?

When I got home I studied the chapters Kris gave to me and slowly started gaining more confidence that I might actually ace this test!

 Later that night after an episode of SUFBB, a horror movie came on.

Luhan was watching it with me for about half an hour before he got tired and went to his sleeping bag in my room. Baba and Mama were already fast asleep and I found the movie way too scary yet interesting. The lounge was dark and I could hear the rain beat against the window as the wind howled furiously. I kept my eyes trained on the screen and hugged the cushion tightly towards my body.

The movie kept getting scarier and I was almost tempted to wake Luhan up but there's no way I'm walking down that hallway. Too dark. I sighed and reached for my phone and messaged someone who I don't usually message. However, I'm scared!

 

To: Sehun

From: Chenguang

Sehun oppa....are you up?

 

Who am I kidding? Who's going to be up at this hour? A few seconds later, however, my phone beeped.

 

To: Chenguang

From: Sehun

...Yeah...Are you?

 

Would I send you that message if I was asleep, Sehun?

 

To: Sehun

From: Chenguang

.......Did you srsly just ask me that?

 

To: Chenguang

From: Sehun

Lol. Right, my bad. What are you doing up this late? And since when did you start texting me in the middle of 1 AM?

 

To: Sehun

From: Chenguang

Since a horror movie came on and I don't want to risk being mauled by the monsters down the hallway just because I wanted to go to my room.

 

To: Chenguang

From: Sehun

Riiight.....

 

I don't know how long Sehun and I had texted each other, before I realized it, the movie was done and I conked out. When I woke up I was still on the couch and it was around five. I don't really have to get up for like, another hour or so.

OH RIGHT, SEHUN!

I scrambled for my phone and looked at the messaged he sent before I had fallen asleep.

 

To: Chenguang

From: Sehun

Why aren't you replying?

 

To: Chenguang

From: Sehun

Did you die?

 

To: Chengaung

From: Sehun

FISHY! WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING!!? D:

 

To: Chenguang

From: Sehun

Guess you fell asleep. Goodnight, Chenguang.

I smiled and even laughed a bit at the texts before switching the tv off and making my way to my room. No longer scared. I climbed into bed and took advantage of what time was left for me to sleep until I had to wake up once more.

 I finally felt like I was growing closer towards Sehun.


 

I was woken up by Mama an hour later.

"Chenguang, wake up dear. I don't want you to miss the bus."

"Uuungrhh..." It was words to me but total utter gibberish to anyone else who heard me respond.

"No" Well, everyone else except Mama.

"Aabgaguguguuu?"

"No, you can't have five more minutes. Now get up!"

"Phhhheeaaaaase?” I begged with my face nuzzling further into my pillow.

"Saying please won't help. Wake up, NOW!" I don't want to wake up right now, one day without University won't hurt me.

"Urg, Han! Wake up right now, don't you have to go to the dance studio?" Mama said as she went to pester Luhan who only zipped up the sleeping bag completely and he looked like a huge bug right now.

"LU HAN! LU CHENGUANG!"


"Nineteen years you've known your mother and you still don't get up in the morning." Baba grumbled as he shook his head at us.

I was seated at the table chewing my breakfast slowly as Luhan mumbled something while wiping his face with a small cloth. Mama had decided since we showed no signs of getting up, she took an empty spray bottle, filled it with water and sprayed it on our faces till we woke up. Kinda what Lilo did to Stitch when he wouldn’t listen.

"You're one to talk Baobei, you weren't easy to wake up either." Mama commented while she gently dried Luhan's hair with a towel as he kept wiping his face. Baba stared at Mama and then continued to eat his breakfast and Mama smirked in his direction.

"What did you do, Mama?" I'm curious, I had to ask. She then giggled to herself and Baba avoided looking at her.

“I waxed his legs while he was asleep. His skin felt even smoother than before." Mama said.

SHE WAXED HIS LEGS WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING!?

I looked at Luhan who stared at Mama like she just burped a rainbow.

"Ahem! Kids, finish up or you'll be late. Hurry up, now." Baba said as he gave Mama a dramatic betrayed look.


 

During break Sulli and Kai sat with me. Sulli had sung a small part of the song she would sing at the event and Kai said that he and Taemin agreed on the Wolf concept and they would mash it up with Sherlock somehow. Seriously, why hadn't these two gone to SM Arts? LOOK AT THESE TALENTS!

"So, what do you think?" Sulli asked after they both showed their parts. You want to know what I think.

"All I'm saying is, if you guys become famous one day, don't forget that I'm your friend. Also, credit me and talk about how I encouraged the two of you to go through with your dreams!" I told them which they both laughed at. Don't you laugh, I'm serious!

"When did you even encourage us, huh?" Kai asked.

"Um....Sulli your voice is beautiful. It's unique and it's like you swallowed a song birds vocal chords for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jongin, watching you dance is like me watching Kim Myungsoo, it's interesting and you can't look away. The both of you are good at what you do and I feel that you should continue to pursue your dreams! See? I totally encouraged the two of you." Man, I'm good.

After joking around with Jongin and Sulli, break came to an end and soon, University was over. I went to work and helped Lay, assisted Tao and bothered Sehun. Customers would come in every now and then and about three pets were adopted. Despite my friend zone status Lay treated me like he usually would and I did the same. I wasn't going to let this guy friend zone us when it's possible we could be something more.

"Why is it that you always bother me when you have nothing to do?" Sehun said as he worked on his school assignment. I looked over at it and he was busy with what looked like either math or physics. I made a face at looking at the numbers and the alphabet together, this just wasn't one of my talents.

"I don't get this. I don't see why math has so many rules. X is a substitute for a number and so on...It confuses me." I told him as he jotted down an answer to some complicated sum.

"It can...Like over here, you can basically say there’s a number but you don't see it. That's the trick though, you have to keep in mind there's a number there." He lost me at number.

"Okay so now there are numbers there but we can't see it? What's next, chameleons!? The number is there but you just can't see it because it's blending in." I said while huffing and watching Sehun do this.....ABC 123 stuff.

"That's one way of putting it now be quiet so I can focus."

If you want to torture me for info just give me math, I consider it a torture.


 

"Out of three, the loser has to do it, okay?"

"Fine."

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

"Jan, ken, pon!"

"Gawi, bawi, bo!"

"HA! You lose!"

"I'll get you next time, Luhan!"

"Yeah whatever, do the dishes Chengaung!" Luhan said as he walked inside, quite happy about how he won at Rock, paper scissors. Neither of us wanted to do the dishes and settled it over rock, paper, scissors, loser had to do the dishes.

 I lost.

Seriously, when I was younger I would have been happy to do the dishes but my parents wouldn't let me. Now that I'm older I don't want to.

Why can't everyone clean up after themselves? Now I had to still scrape out the leftover food. Why can't this all be fast and easy like it is in The Sims? Why, why, why.....