Chapter 8

Fluffy's Refuge

~Fluffy’s Refuge~

"Chenguang, dear. Where's your handsome 'friend' that was here the other day when you did something for work? The one with the nice dyed hair?" Sehun is likely getting ready for school just as I am doing right now, Mama.

"I quite liked the boy. Why don't you invite him for dinner, nan nan?"

Baba who was seated at the kitchen table let out a strangled gasp as the tea he was drinking flew out his mouth. EEUURGKGHH!" Oh wow, look at the tea fly. Tea bending.

Baba might be a tea bender!

"NOOOO!!....Baba you spat all over my shirt!" Luhan cried.

After Mama had made that statement of having Sehun over for dinner, Baba, who had been calmly sipping his tea had spewed it out. Luhan, unfortunately, was a victim to Baba's sudden......Outburst. Luhan got up from his seat and went to change his shirt while Mama cleaned the table and I sat there in silence.

Sehun? Here? For dinner!?

"Mama....I don't know...He doesn't exactly speak our language and he feels like he's on top of Baba's blacklist or something..." I said while trying to convince her to change her mind.

"Chenguang, your opinion doesn't matter in this." Um, excuse me, Mama?

"I personally think this idea isn't a good idea, sweetheart." Baobei said while cleaning his mouth area with a small napkin.

"Your opinion isn't being taken into consideration either, Baobei. This guy could potentially be what our Chenguang needs! Remember how she used to stay in her room and watch those 'anime' shows and had a poster of that Kim Myungsoo guy on her wall?" Mama don't bring Kim Myungsoo into this!

"I prefer her doing that than actually dating at this time. At least then it was safer! She's just started University a few months ago! She also moved to this country, if you haven't noticed, and Han is looking after her! HAN!!!!" Baba proclaimed as he tried proving his point to Mama who seemed unconvinced.

"Ahem!" Luhan, who suddenly appeared in a new shirt, stood in the kitchen doorway with a raised eyebrow as he stared at Baba.

"My bad, Han. But seriously, can't we rethink this? We sent her here to further her studies."

"Baobei, I'm not getting any younger and I still want to be a grandmother. I can't count on Han right now, I haven't seen him bring home a girl in a while." Mama said as Luhan stared at her, a bit offended.

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!? SHE'S ONLY NINETEEN!"

 I'm also single, Myungsoo and Lay, did you hear me?

 I'M SINGLE!!!

y, free and single I’m ready to bingo~

"Oh, shush Baobei! I quite like the boy, with looks like that imagine our grandkids! Gosh, I'll sent your aunts pictures PAHAHAHA~ of my adorable grandkids! PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA~!" Mama laughed while she clasped her hands together and rubbed them as if planning something. Baba looked at us and pointed towards the door.

"You two should probably go catch your buses round about now." That would be the right thing to do right now.


"Your mom wants you to WHAT!?" Jongin yelled as the chicken nugget he had on his fork slipped off as if the nugget was as shocked as him at the moment.

"She wants you to invite Sehun over to dinner?.....Wait, she's playing matchmaker with you and Sehun? Whoa, GOOO MRS LU!" Sulli screamed while she raised her fist to the air. "I'll be your mom's personal cheerleader." Please, don't.

"My dad was almost the only one seeing my side of the story." I muttered.

"What about your brother?" Sulli asked while taking the fallen nugget from Jongin's lunch box and plopping in . Jongin stared at her and looked at me and took some French fries from my lunch box and chewed on them.

EXCUSEZ-MOI, BUT ISN'T THIS MY LUNCH BOX!?

"I think he was too busy changing out of his tea stained shirt." I pouted while staring at the left over French fries....They seemed so little now.

"Sehun probably won't enjoy it any more than you. That's if he says yes." You have a point Kai but he doesn't have a choice in the matter. If I don't bring Sehun home tonight, I might not get to go for seconds. Mom's making her famous sea food dish. I can't afford to miss out on seconds.

"Well, Fighting! All the best to you for tonight." Sulli told me while attempting to get another nugget from Jongin who aimed his chopsticks over her fingers which caused her to take her hand back.


 

"Sehun oppa, my mom wants you to come over for dinner."

"No thanks."

"That wasn't a question."

"I could tell."

"SEHUN!"

"Didn't I tell you to call me 'oppa' ?"

"You call Sehun oppa? Cheng-Cheng why don't you call me oppa?......I thought we were friends." Lay said as he walked towards Sehun and I.

OH MY GOSH LAY TOLD ME TO CALL HIM OPPA!

Yet....He still uses the 'friend' concept.

"Why don't you ask Lay to dine with you and your family tonight, Chenguang?" I would Sehun, I really would.....However, Mama's got her eyes on you and not Lay though it would be convenient considering he speaks my language.

"That would be great and all but I can't. I need to study for a test and finish up a project. Sorry, Cheng-Cheng." Lay said while walking away and I turned to face Sehun again.

"I said no Chenguang." Sehun I can't take no for an answer.

"I'll do anything....."

Sehun slowly looked up and intensely stared at me, making me really uneasy.

"Anything?" He lowly asked with a sharp raised brow.

"........There's limits but yes...Anything...." I hope I don't regret this. Tonight's dinner better be good because I'm going through such lengths.

"You're going out with me this weekend and doing me a favor."

"Yes I'll do anything eve- wait...WHAT!? Nooooo, did you not hear me when I said there's a limit!?" No way, Oh Sehun.

"Okay, then be my partner for an event with my parents.." WHAT PART OF LIMITS DON'T YOU GET!?

"Oi...Did you even listen to me!?" I said while lightly knocking my fist against his forehead. He grabbed my hand and leaned in close to my face much like how he did when we were walking to work that day. I in a deep breath and stared at him with wide eyes, a bit surprised at how close he was. I could feel my heart beating in my chest again.

Where had Tao and Lay disappeared to?

"I was listening to you. I gave you two choices. Either go out with me this weekend and do me a favour....Or be my 'partner' for an event regarding my parents. Make your choice." Sehun said as he showed no signs of moving and stared at me. He's making it hard to think with how close he's being right now! Sacrifice a day of my weekend for him and do him a favor or be his partner for an event with his parents? He's not making this easy is he?

"If you don't answer in five seconds my answer will remain no."

 JEEZ, SEHUN, CHILL!

"......."

"Five....Four..." Oh Sehun you little.....

Why are you counting down!?

"Three..." What should I do?...

I didn't want to do either of his suggestions but Mama......

Urg....

Which suggestion of his is the easiest?

"Two...." Fine......You win, Sehun...

"I'll do it...I'll...Do whatever you want on the weekend...." I slowly said in defeat. My eyes met with Sehun's again and he smirked.

"One.....Okay, Chenguang. I'll attend this dinner with your parents. In return, you have to keep your word. Understood?" I nodded and tried pulling my hand out of his strong grip but it only made him hold on tighter. "You can't go back on your words, Lu Chenguang. You don't want to get on my bad side that won't be pretty, now will it?" What happened to the smart mouthed Sehun I've known?! Who's this?!

"Okay, I get it! I won't go back on my word! Let go of my hand" I tried getting out of his grip and he let out a low chuckle and released my hand. I narrowed my eyes at him as he stared at me, he seemed amused.

"Remember what you just said, Chenguang."

"I will!" I huffed.

Sehun patted my head. "Good girl."


"NAN NAN! You brought him! Hello dear~" Mama cooed as her hands once again made their way to Sehun's cheeks. I was standing in the doorway, not really feeling the enthusiasm as Sehun was dragged inside.

"Nan nan, and hopefully nan nan's husband, come and help me in the kitchen please." Mama said as she bounced towards the kitchen and Sehun turned to face me in confusion. "She uh...She wants us to help her in the kitchen." I explained. He nodded in understanding and I went to the kitchen, eager to see which food we'd be treating ourselves to today. Mama had a few food packets on the counter while she got the pots out. I walked over the packets containing the sea food, I tried reading what one of the packets were called but another food pack was blocking the name.

"Huh?...What is this?....Mindless prawns?" I pondered out loud due to seeing only the '-LESS PRAWNS' part of the title on the packet. Sehun who stood beside me scoffed and face palmed.

"What? So they cut the brains out?" He sarcastically responded and moved the shrimp packet so that I could see all the words.

"Ooooh......Headless prawns...” My bad... "Sehun oppa, you can start by cleaning the rice...You know how to clean the rice, right?" I asked which caused Sehun to stare at me with an 'are-you being serious right now' face. "Right...You probably do. So uh, get started on that and I'll start slicing the veggies." I told him. I turned to Mama who was slicing beef as a side dish and nudged her. 

"Mama, did you invite Sehun oppa over for dinner or to make dinner?" I asked in my mother tongue. Mama simply laughed and waved me off and pushed me over to Sehun who has a very nice back, I know because I just got pushed against it. Sehun turned to face me in question and I pointed at Mama who was humming and resumed slicing the beef. I let out an awkward laugh and went to check the pots temperature. After I told Mama it was hot enough she placed the beef in and by the looks of it, Sehun had already put the rice in the rice cooker.

"Nan Nan, get the prawns for me, please?" Mama asked. I nodded and turned around but then I felt something against my foot while I was about to get the prawns and before I knew it, I was stumbling over the place trying to catch my balance. I'm going to fall at his rate!

AAAAH!!

NOOOO!

I'M GOING TO DIE!

I DIDN'T EVEN UNFRIENDZONE MYSELF OR MEET KIM MYUNGSOO YET!

I NEVER HAD A LATTE YET!

The impact of the floor never came but I definitely hit something. I had a good idea what it was, I've watched enough dramas to know I just landed on Oh Sehun's chest and this was his arms around me used to keep me from moving. I stared up at Sehun who stared back at me in shock and amusement. I'm in flipping Oh Sehun's arms right now, I should have stayed in bed, and none of this would have happened if I just stayed in bed.

 Sehun, the only way this will be better is if you transform into either Lay or Myungsoo. I fancy the latter though. After staying in his arms for who knows how long I heard some faint snickering and both Sehun and I turned to Mama who was tending to the frying beef. Mama, I see your shoulders moving up and down YOU PLANNED THIS DIDN'T YOU!?

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING!?" Baba screamed, all three of us turned to face him as he stood in the doorway with his eyes trained on Sehun and I. Sehun looked at Baba, then at me, and quickly let me go and held his hand up in surrender.

"Chenguang....How do you say 'I come in peace' in Chinese?" Sehun whispered while Luhan also came to see what was up.

"Wǒ wèi hépíng ér lái." Luhan told Sehun.

Oh great what is he doing here!?

"Han, Baobei, dinner is not ready yet. Baobei go watch television, Han, take Sehun with you." Mama said as she pulled me away and handed me the prawn packet. Luhan took Sehun by the arm and led him away as Baba grumbled and stomped his way to the lounge.

When dinner was ready I went to call Luhan and Sehun only to find them engrossed in Lord of the Rings with Mufasa perched atop Sehun’s head. Eventually I had to pause the movie cause neither of them wanted to get up but they got up reluctantly to eat at the dinner table.

I found myself seated at the dinner table with the whole family.....Plus Sehun.

The food was placed in a row on the dinner table. Baba and Mama sat at the opposite ends of the table and Luhan sat alone on the one side. Sehun and I sat next to each other on the other side. What happened to the chair next to Luhan? Only Mama knows, she made Sehun and I sit next to each other and Baba's been staring at us ever since we got to the table.

Baba decided to break the silence at the table and pointed his chopsticks at Sehun. "As long as your feet are under this table, you will follow my rules." He said, out of nowhere an olive which rightfully belonged on the salad dish found its way to Baba's face. We all looked at Mama who was dishing salad into her plate. "Baobei, be nice." She reminded him. Baba grunted and picked up the olive and chewed on it silently. Sehun, who hadn't understood what Baba said looked at Luhan who mouthed 'don't worry about it' to him in Korean.

This is going to be a long night. I actually felt sorry for Sehun.


 

Sehun's POV

This night was horrible on so many levels!

 Mrs Lu is nice, I like her, I befriended her son, Luhan who thankfully spoke Korean. Then we have Mr Lu, the man who sat at the table looking at me, radiating all flavors of pure angst towards me. Wow, I felt so welcomed, hear my sarcasm roar. I couldn't even enjoy the dinner which appeared so delicious looking but I couldn't even swallow the beef in peace with Mr Lu's eyes trained on my every movement.

Each time Mr Lu made a remark in a language I couldn't speak, I think he was saying something....Not exactly nice about me. Mrs Lu kept throwing food bits at him when he did that so I'm guessing I was right.

I think Mrs Lu is bent on getting me with her daughter as well. She pushes Chemguang towards me while we were in the kitchen and the seat next to Luhan's side of the table was gone, forcing me to sit next to Chenguang. After dinner I thought I'd get the chance to leave but...

AS IF!


PFFFT!!!

I ended up doing the dishes.

WHAT KIND OF GUEST TREATMENT IS THIS!? You know what else? I ended up doing the dishes with Luhan because Mr Lu doesn't want his daughter alone with me in the kitchen. At least, that's what Luhan told me.

After we finished in the kitchen, I finally got to leave this place and go home...

My personal space where Mr Lu couldn't infiltrate it. Chenguang said sorry to me various times until we reached the outside of the apartment gates. It was getting late and the stars were already out.

"Also, about Baba is really nice actually he's just-"

"Chenguang.." I cut in, getting quite annoyed by her constant apologies by now.


 

Chenguang’s POV

Sehun and I stared at each other in silence for a few moments until Sehun sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Remember what you agreed to, okay? Tomorrow is Saturday and you owe me a favor. I’m....I'm counting on you. So please, please be ready by 7PM tomorrow night?" Sehun said, a bit hesitant which was unusual for someone like him.

".....Um...Sure." I replied, a bit put off by Sehun's sudden change in personality. What made the smart mouthed boy behind the counter who he is right now?

"I'm serious. Also, wear something fancy...Seriously fancy. Make up as well, not too much that will make you look like a circus clown. Wear something that doesn't expose too much, like your legs. Nothing too short or else I'll make you go home to find the rest of that dress. One more thing...Try to actually look fashionable this time?" Sehun told me as he moved his hands from my shoulder, to my own hands and clasped them in his own as he stared at me with pleading eyes.

'Why is he acting so strange?' I wondered.

"What about work?" I asked as she slipped my hands out from his warm ones. Nooo, it was so nice and warrrrm.

"Don't worry about that. I already confronted Suho about it, it's coming out of my salary though so you better not let me down." Sehun said as he emphasized the last part and made his way home. I stared at him wondering what had gotten into him before shrugging it off and going back inside to study for my test.


Later that night after washing up and studying I lied down in bed wondering what exactly it was that Sehun had planned out for tomorrow. With the way he was acting he's got me kind of nervous. Why should I dress up? My sense of fashion isn't exactly great and the most I can do is put on eyeliner without poking my eye out. What should I do......

I looked around my room in wonder and eventually stared at Luhan who was fast asleep in his sleeping bag. As if staring at this guy would help me any.....I sighed and looked at the ceiling once more.

THEN I GOT AN IDEA!!!

I sat up and grabbed my phone off the desk and scrolled through my phone and messaged Taemin.

 

To: Taelor Swift

From: Chenglena Lumez

TAEMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!! I need a favor!!!!!

 

From: Taelor Swift

To: Chenglena Lumez

Flipping three AM in the morning and you want a FAVOUR!!!? WOMAN WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! Try to be normal for once and go to sleep like the rest of the normal people.

 

To: Taelor Swift

From: Chenglena Lumez

Taemin, please I owe a favour to Sehun and I need you to give me Key's number. IT'S IMPORTANT!!

 

After finally getting Key's number from Taemin I debated on whether or not it was a good idea to text Key at this time....

Hmmm....

Hmmm?.....

HMMMMMMMMM!!!???......

I'm going to do it.

 

To: Key

From: Chenguang

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY~ 83 P.S It's Chenguang.

 

To: Chenguang

From: Key

I have to change my number now, don’t I?

 

To: Key

From: Chenguang

NOOOOOO! Um...Key...I need your help...In fashion.

From: Key

To: Chenguang

O_O.


Later that day, I ended up in front of my vanity trying on one of Key's many creations.

"Hmm no....This one makes you look like a goose. I could have you try on the other one but seeing you in this...You'll probably just look like a sheep with all the fluff." Carry on you fashionista, I'll let you say what you want now only because I need your help and I have to go with Sehun in a few hours. After this whole thing is over though, you better remember what you said, Key...

SO BY ALL MEANS CARRY ON!

Mama had chosen to sit on my bed and look through Key's designs in awe and said 'daebak!' with a thumbs up every now and then towards him. She picked up the word from one of the dramas I was watching. Key gave me a black dress and pushed me towards the bathroom to try it on.

After I came out both Key and Mama gasped and stared at me as if I just kicked someone's dog. Mama started squealing and Key hugged me tightly. WHAT IS GOING ON!?

"I'm a flipping genius! I should have given you this dress from the start!"

"DAEBAK! DAEBAK! DAEBAK!"


 

I look so fab right now. I sat on a chair facing Key who was applying make up to the masterpiece that is my face. I could have done with just eyeliner but Key responded by saying; "Are you still wondering why I think you have no sense in fashion?" Whatever that means.

Exactly where is Sehun taking me that I have to dress up and put on so much make up?

..................

I could always bail....

But nah.

That would be rude. Plus, he seemed...As if he was depending on me. Like, I'm the only one who can do this for him. Kekekeke, Oh Sehun, you're eating out of palm.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Please refrain from pulling your face into such a....Displeasing expression or this make up will be for nothing." Key, you better close your mouth before this eye pencil ends up in your left nostril.

Let's see, so the deal between Sehun and I was either I go out with him today and do him a favor or I'm going to be his partner for an event with his parents. The first option sounded much safer so I went with that, no way do I want to meet Mr and Mrs Oh. If they're anything like Sehun I might as well have 'accidently' forget to ask Sehun for dinner on purpose....Accidently on purpose 

"Done. You owe me a selfie of you in this dress at the end of the day. If you don't I'll see to it that I will dress you up as a lettuce and have snails eat you. A slow torture."

...............

...................

"Was that a threat?" I asked, a bit puzzled. Key stared at me a bit confused as well.

“It sounded cooler in my head.” He admitted.


 

"............."

"............"

"I don't know what to say to you right now."

"It's fine. Sometimes it's best not to say anything at all."

"Yeah..." Luhan finished off as he studied my appearance. Baba stood next to him looking displeased. It's becoming such a common expression for him whereas Mama stood behind him taking pictures. Jeez, woman.

This is not prom!

There was a knock on the door and when I opened it I saw Sehun in a black suit.

Well, hello Agent 007!

Looks like we're matching tonight!

Before Sehun could say anything a blinding flash appeared and we turn to face Mama who stood there with her camera, giggling like she found the gold at the end of the rainbow. Baba poked his head out from the doorway and narrowed his eyes at Sehun who awkwardly waved. Baba held up two fingers and pointed them to his eyes and then at Sehun, he then slowly disappeared. Mama ushered us out the door and closed it and I faintly heard the sound of her locking the door.

Geez woman, not like I'll bail on this guy....I can't anymore though.

I sighed again and turned to Sehun who stared at me with wide eyes. His eyes were on my face and slowly made their way down to the rest of my body. His adams apple moved as he silently gulped and cleared his throat. He looked away and then placed his hand on my back and led me towards a black Mercedes Benz.

He was totally checking me out.

But, that aside. More importantly....

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS CAR, SEHUN!?

When we were finally seated in the car, it smelt of fresh mint and a hint of lemon. Sehun started up the car as it roared up and when he drove, my gosh, this car rides smooooooooooooth!!!

I need to get me one of this!

After I marry a bachelor......

"I didn't know you could drive, Sehun oppa!" I excitedly said as I looked at the scenery from outside the window.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me, then." He replied. Why didn't he come to work with this car? He's my friend and he doesn't even offer me lifts to work!? I take the bus when I'm friends with him and he has a Mercedes Benz!?

"Oh yeah..." I spoke up, noticing something. "Where are we going and what weekend favor do I owe you?" I asked him, he didn't exactly spare much details.

"To my house..."

.............

WHAT!?

I am ready to get out this car.

"TO YOUR HOUSE!? WHY!? NOPE! I can't! No way am I-"

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! You need to help me, okay? Just trust me..." Sehun is being very un-Sehun-ish since last night when he ate with my family.....Did he eat something bad yesterday? Is that it? Did Baba put something in his food?


After a long journey we finally reached our destination. It wasn't what I was expecting though.

1. This is a mansion.

2. This is Sehun's house.

3. HE'S RICH!!???

As I stood with Sehun in front of the doors which two people in fancy clothing opened, I was blown away by the interior. Just when you thought places like this exist in movies here comes Sehun's 'house' ya'll. We were walking down a hallway with paintings and I decided to get to the bottom of this.

"Sehun, what's going on? Why am I here dressed like this and why were you acting so strange? Be honest." I told him and even stopped in my steps causing him to stop. This time, I'm serious.

"I guess you deserve to know....You're here because..."

"Because?....."

"You're joining me for a dinner function......With my parents."

.............................

WHAT!?

"Hold it! Oh Sehun, I remember agreeing to go out with you on the weekend to do you a favour right?" I asked him and crossed my arms to prove my point. Sehun nodded and turned to face me.

"Yes, you did." He confirmed.

"I didn't agree to attend an event with you and your parents!" I slightly yelled and gripped his collar, I couldn't help it I was getting a bit aggressive here. We had an agreement, didn't we?

"You did, however, agree to go out with me on the weekend and do me a favor. It's the weekend and my favor is....I need you to be my dinner partner for tonight while my parents are here. I really need someone I feel more comfortable around with tonight, so I picked you." He explained while removing my grip and moving my hands to my side. I didn't really know how to respond right now.

Oh Sehun may have just come up with a very clever trap and I fell for it.

Oh poop.                       

"How dare you...." I seethed as I grit my teeth in frustration.

"I know right, don't I ?" Sehun, stop being so nonchalant about this.

"I trusted you!"

"How nice of you."

"How could you do this to me!?"

"I just did, the deals were basically the same I just worded it differently."

".........Well played."

"Of course, I planned it after all."

"Sehun!"

“Oppa.” He reminded but I paid no mind to it.

I silently walked with Sehun to...I don't even know where! I'm sure we passed about two rooms that looked like lounges to me and I had no idea where this guy was taking me. So much questions were popping up in my head. Like...Why would Sehun work at a little shop like Fluffy's Refuge when he's so rich? The salary he gets paid by Fluffy's is so little that the trash can in this house is probably more expensive than his salary.

"We're here." I broke out of my thoughts after Sehun said that and it appears that we are in front of huge doors...Oh joy, two guys are probably going to open this door for us.

Right after I thought that the two huge doors were opened by two people......

Of course.

When the door opened, I saw a glass table in the center of the room with fancy chairs. A vase with flowers stood in the middle and there were five people at the table.

A man and woman who resembled Sehun, probably his parents sat at the top end. At the bottom end of the table sat another couple, on the right side a young pretty girl sat there. Sehun and I sat on the two vacant chairs on the left side.

WELL THIS IS AWKWARD.

How do you say 'hi' again?

"Evening, Abeoji, Eomeoni. Good evening Mr and Mrs Hwang, also, the young lady Hwang, you look nice tonight."  Sehun said as he politely smiled and greeted. The girl opposite us place her hand in front of and quietly giggled as the couple at the bottom end nodded towards Sehun and I.

"Sehun, who is this young lady you've brought with you tonight?" The woman who I assume is Sehun's mom asked. This lady looks like she could potentially ruin my life if I say something wrong. She probably could.

"This is Lu Chenguang, I asked her to accompany me tonight." Actually, he manipulated me into comming here Mrs Oh.

"Pleased to meet you, dear. I hope you enjoy this evening." Mrs Oh told me while smiling slightly though her smile seemed...Off? I smiled back at her and looked at Sehun who stared back at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"It's wonderful to have you join us tonight, Mr and Mrs Hwang. Our companies collaborating on this project was a great idea. We could even make a few investments!" Mr Oh spoke up as he and Mr Hwang began talking about business stuff. Seriously, Sehun why am I here!? I could just watch the news if you wanted me to listen in on the economic side of things.

I slowly started slouching in my seat as I got a bit bored of being here, before I could slouch any further I felt a pinch on my leg and sat straight up.

Everyone at the table turned to look at me in question as I stared back, surprised at what just happened. My eyes were so wide they were probably like two golf balls now. I awkwardly laughed and looked away as they Hwangs and the Ohs engaged in political talk once more. I turned my head to glare at Sehun who leaned over to whisper something in my ear.

"Don't slouch or I'll do worse..."

Flipping Oh Sehun. Clipping Baba's toe nails is probably more interesting than this. It felt like something was trying to pulse through my skull and when I looked up I met eyes with the girl across from me. She looked at me like I kick kittens for a living, what's her deal? I didn't like the fact that this girl was looking at me like this so I narrowed my eyes at her. She seemed surprised for a second and then smirked at me and averted her attention to Sehun.

"Sehunnie~ I haven't seen you in a while!" WOOOOOW!!! Look at that attitude change this girl has when addressing Sehun.

Urg, is this a dinner or what?

Where's the food?

If the food isn't here I'm guessing tonight's dinner is microscopic pieces of oxygen.

"I see you in school every week." Sehun said with a dull tone.

"I missed you, though. Aren't you going to introduce me to the......girl next to you?" I'm a victim of one of Sehun's unpleasant plots, nice to meet you too.

"If you're curious about who she is, ask her yourself she's just opposite you." Sehun told her and she twitched her eye a little in response to him.

"...Hehe....Of course. I'm Hwang Haewon."

"I'm Lu Chenguang."

Before I could start wondering about anything else, the doors opened and people walked in with individual small servings of salad and an olive on what looks like, a toothpick.

...................

I stared at the food in front of me as everyone else began eating.

This better be the starter or I'm going home.

A small salad with a pickle on a flipping stick!?

DO I LOOK LIKE A RABBIT TO YOU!?


Good news and bad news! The first meal was the starter, thank foodness. Bad news is, the main course was just as small. A small piece of steak with roasted vegetables. We probably ate more vegetables than meat so far, what's for dessert? Apple juice and a strawberry on a stick? Are the Ohs and Hwangs herbivores or something!?

When can I go home?

"Let's take a break before we eat dessert shall we?" Mrs Oh suggested, I sighed in relief as everyone began leaving the table. Haewon excused herself to go to the bathroom and I dragged Sehun by the arm to a balcony. Loving the view but right now, questions need some answering.

"Explain yourself, Sehun." I demanded.

"What happened to oppa?"

"I'm serious! Why am I even here? Why are you working at such a small place like Fluffy's Refuge when you are living so comfortably!? Who are those people and what's the purpose of this whole thing? Just........Just who are you, Sehun?" I asked him, this is all too confusing, I barely even spoke during dinner and I didn't like the fact that I didn't know what was going on.

"Okay, I guess you deserve to know. I dragged you into this so I might as well tell you...."