love confession at the hospital

It started with a kiss

*author point of view*

 

"Eh?! You'll be staying for 2 days in Jeju?!" Kyuhyun asked as he glared at Sungmin suspiciously.

She just told Kyuhyun that she's going to stay in Jeju for 2 days for a math competition.

'What if she lied?. What if she actually just want to spend some times with that student council guy?' Kyuhyun thought.

"For a math competition, okay" she said. "And I'm not lying"

Kyuhyun just sighed. "Then it's just me and Taemin in this house?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I guess, since mom and Heechul ajumma will not be back untill saturday" she said.

She was right. Kangin was busy in his office for the past few days--he said his company is in a crisis, while mom and Leeteuk ajumma is having a holiday at Paris.

"Unni, are you sure you need to go? I mean, you are going to leave me and Kyuhyun oppa here? Just the two of us? What if he does something bad to me when you're gone?!" Taemin asked histerically.

Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes at her. "I won't do that okay. Sungmin-ssi, don't listen to her, that's just her masterplan to have a sleepover at her boyfriend's house" Kyuhyun explained.

Taemin and Kyuhyun are childhood friends, it's because their parents are friends, and Taemin usually go with her parents to Heechul's boutique, that's why he knows Taemin so well.

"He's right Taemin. He won't do anything bad to you, I promise" Sungmin said. "I'll be going to the airport this afternoon, at 2 pm. Is that okay with you?"

"What?!" Kyuhyun asked. "This afternoon?! Isn't that too soon?"

"The competition starts tomorrow morning" Sungmin answered. "Sorry"

"Okay, see you later" he said. "In 2 days"

He actually wants to persuade Sungmin not to go to thay damn competition, but, he knows that Sungmin will never listen.

Like, who does he think he is?

"Yeah... see you later" Sungmin mumbled, feeling a little disappointed that Kyuhyun didn't even try to persuade her not to go to that competition.

 

~~~×××~~~

 

"Uhm, so..." Kyuhyun said to Taemin. "Since your unni has already gone to the airport this afternoon... do I really need to cook dinner for us?"

Taemin nodded. "It's no difference even if I'm the one who'll cook" she said. "We both can't cook"

"Okay, so, what do you want to eat?" He asked.

"Just cook something simple, okay, I'm not expecting anything" she answered.

"Well... okay, then, just... wait" he stammered.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Kyuhyun was about to start a new batch of ramyeon--because he added too much water to the last one-- when he suddenly heard Taemin screaming.

"Why is she screaming?" He asked to himself before he ran upstairs --Taemin's room.

"What's wrong?" He asked when he've got to Taemin's room as he holds her hands.

"My... stomach..." she said --almost whispering. "It's... aching"

"What?" He asked--again. "You can just rest for a while" he said panickly.

"I've tried!" She answered. "But... it didn't work"

"Okay, then..." he said. "Let's go to the hospital. We can take the cab"

"Are you stupid?!" She asked. "It's storm outside. There's... no cab!"

"Then what should we do?!" He asked. "I can't just stay here and let you be in pain! What if there's something serious happened! We can't walk there either!"

"Oppa... please..." she whispered --again.

Kyuhyun sighed frustratedly. "Okay... I'll go get a rain coat and umbrella" he said. "Get ready, I'll wait downstairs"

 

~~~***~~~

 

"What?! Apendcitis?!" Kyuhyun asked when he heard the doctor's explanation after he examined Taemin.

The doctor nodded. "Yes. She must undergo an immediate surgery" he said. "And it requires a family authorization"

"What? But... all her family is not here, in Seoul" kyuhyun answered.

"Well, maybe you can contact them..." the doctor answered. "The pain will not be gone untill she got a surgery" he said as he patted Kyuhyun's shoulder and walked away.

Kyuhyun took his cellphone out of his pocket, only 10% left.

He called his mom.

No answer.

He called Sungmin's mom.

No answer too.

He called Sungmin's dad.

And no answer.

Feeling frustrated, he finally called Sungmin.

Sungmin gave him her number last summer, when he asked for it.

"Hello?" Sungmin asked when she answered the call.

"Hello, Sungmin-ssi?" He said. "Can you please contact your parents? I can't contact them, my phone battery is running down"

"Why? What's going on?" Sungmin asked back.

"Taemin, she got an apendcitis, and she must undergo and immediate surgery and it requires a family authorization, so could you please contact your parents?" He asked panickly.

Beep.

He look at his phone, it's turning off.

"Aish, !" He mumbled.

He approached doctor Park who is standing in front of him, talking to a nurse.

"Doctor Park!" He called. "May I borrow your phone? My phone battery is running down, I can't contact her family"

"I'm sorry, but I just lost my phone this morning" Doctor Lee answered. "I'll try giving Ms. Lee Taemin some medicines, so she will feel better" he said before he walked away.

Kyuhyun sat at a chair next to him, and let out a sigh.

"I'm so useless" he whispered to himself as he closed his eyes.

 

~~~***~~~

 

"Hello? Kyuhyun-ssi? Kyuhyun-ssi, what's going on?" Sungmin asked panickly when Kyuhyun's call suddenly ended.

"Why?" Siwon asked, glaring at her.

Siwon is one of the representative from their school, that's why Siwon's also there, in Jeju.

"My sister, she's sick, and none of my family are there" she answered. "I need to go back now, I'll go back to the airport to catch up the last flight to Seoul"

"But, Sungmin-ssi" Siwon said. "What about the competition? Kyuhyun-ssi is there, I'm sure he can look after your sister"

"But my sister needs to undergo an immediate surgery, and it requires a family authorization!" She answered. "Kyuhyun isn't my family"

'Kyuhyun? You call him just... 'Kyuhyun'? No 'ssi'?' Siwon thought to himself. 'Did you guys are really that close?'

"But... what about the competition?" Siwon asked.

"I'm sorry, but I need to quit" Sungmin answered. "I need to go back to Seoul now" she said before she walked away.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Sungmin walked past the hospital halls panickly, looking for Kyuhyun as soon as she got to the hospital.

She succeed to catch up for the last flight because Siwon helped her.

His uncle owned an airline. So he could get a ticket easily.

She was about to ask one of the nurse about where is Taemin's room when she suddenly saw Kyuhyun.

He's sleeping on a bench.

She walked and sat next to him.

"He's cute when he sleeps" she whispered to herself.

She touched his cheek. "He's chubby. I just realised it" she giggled.

Kyuhyun suddenly moved as he slowly opened his eyes. Sungmin quickly removed her hand.

"Don't sleep in a public place like this" she said instead of a 'hello' or 'did I disturb you?'.

"Oh? Sungmin-ssi?" He asked with a 'wake-up' voice. "I thought you're in Jeju?"

"I ran to the airport as soon as your call suddenly ends" she answered. "What's happened with you? Your call ends all of a sudden"

"Sorry" he answered. "My phone's battery's running down"

"Okay, so, where's Taemin's doctor?" Sungmin ask. "I gotta gave my authorization"

"Ah, doctor Park, his room is near Taemin's room, room 203, his room is right next to 201" he answered.

"Okay, gotta go"

 

~~~***~~~

 

They are waiting outside the operation room.

It was so quite, they could hear a pin dropped.

"Sorry" Kyuhyun said. "I make you fail the competition"

"It's not fail, okay, I'm quit" Sungmin answered. "And it's none of your fault, I quit with my own will"

"But, if I didn't call you, then you'll not be quit"

"And Taemin will not getting a surgery" she said. "I can't competing knowing that my sister's sick. Besides, I'm so sick and tired of all those competitions, so it's okay. I can take a rest"

"But still..." he whispered. "Sorry. I didn't take a good care of your sister. She's just staying for 3 hours with me, and then she's sick"

"Hey, that's okay, that's not because of you, okay" Sungmin answered with a forced smile.

Even though she sounded okay with all of the problems going on, actually she's feeling kinda panicked.

She already waited for her sister for 1 hours going on two and nobody's out of the room.

She squeezed her own hands and inhales and exhales deeply, feeling nervous.

She was about to take her cellphone out of her pocket when Kyuhyun suddenly holds her hand.

"Don't be nervous" Kyuhyun said. "She'll be alright"

"Wh, who is nervous?" Sungmin stamerred.

"You" he answered. "You"re sweating, and you keeps on squeezing your hands. Stop that, that can make your bloods stops flowing to your hands"

"How could you know that?" Sungmin asked.

"I've studied, you know" he answered with a smile.

Sungmin feels a lot relaxed after seeing his smile.

She suddenly feels her heart beating fast again.

"Should I sing for you?" He asked.

"Well... okay" Sungmin answered as she smiled back to him.

 

"Because I only love you, I dream  foolish dreams.

Getting wandered and getting lost in the land of my dreams that can't come true"

 

He was about to sing the next lyrics when Sungmin suddenly called his name. "Kyuhyun-ssi?"

"Why?" He asked.

"You said you only like me, right?" She asked back.

He nodded. "I sing this song for you, okay"

She looks at Kyuhyun's hand that's holding her's.

"I... I know this may sounds crazy but..." She said. "I think I like you too"

Kyuhyun just nodded. "Okay" he said.

He suddenly realizes something. He lets go of Sungmin's hand. "WHAT?! You just... said that you like me back?!" He asked.

Sungmin just rolled her eyes due to his late reaction. "Yeah, I think..." she answered. "I don't know, I keeps on feeling jealous if you're with Seohyun and my heart keeps on beating fastly whenever I saw you... can that counted as love too?"

Kyuhyun nodded. "Yes" he said excitedly with a smile.

Sungmin smiled at him as she hugs him. "So, you're my boyfriend now?" She asked.

Kyuhyun was about to answer when they heard someone claps.

"Well, of course he is!" Leeteuk said, coming out of nowhere with Heechul and Kangin.

"Mom, when did you come?!" Sungmin asked as she lets go of Kyuhyun.

"Well, actually, when you just told Kyunnie that you liked him honey~~" Leeteuk said excitedly.

"Ah~ I don't know why I'm happy" Heechul said. "Kyu, you see, your future in-laws liked you a lot"

Leeteuk giggled. "Yeah, even we can't wait for your marriage with our daughter"

"So, where's your sister?" Kangin asked.

Sungmin was about to answer when doctor Park suddenly coming out of surgery room.

"You are... Ms. Lee Taemin's parents?" The doctor asked to Leeteuk and Kangin.

Leeteuk nodded. "Yes, doctor, is there something wrong with my daughter?"

The doctor smiled. "Nothing. She's completely fine by now" he said. "You can complete the administration at the front desk"

Leeteuk nodded. "Let's go" he said to Kangin as he dragged Heechul with her.

"Our parents are... crazy" Kyuhyun said as he looks at their parents back that are getting further.

Sungmin giggled. "Yeah" she said. "By the way, you hadn't answered my question"

"Which question?"

Sungmin glared at him seriously.

"Ah, that question" Kyuhyun mumbled.

"Of course you are, you're my girlfriend and I'm your boyfriend" he said with a smile as he holds Sungmin's hand.

Sungmin smiled. "Let's go with our parents" she said.

 

To be continued...

 

Sorry for the lack of update! I'm having a holiday at a place with poor internet connection! ><