Joining the tennis club?!

It started with a kiss

"EH?! YOU GUYS KISSED?!" Yewook and Eunhae shouted in unison.

"Ssh! Everyone might hear you!" I whisper-shouted.

The summer break has ended and the school days had started.

Nothing changed between me and Sungmin, even after she kissed me.

She just left after she kissed me.

 

~~~×××~~

*Flashback*

 

"Just try if you can" she said.

My eyes widened as she kissed my lips.

It's too unbelievable that my mind was completely blank.

And by the time I realize it, she already broke the kiss.

"Why did you do this to me?" I asked "You didn't like me back, but you don't want me to give up either"

She didn't answer, she just gets up. "I'll prepare the dinner" she said as she left the room.

 

~~~×××~~~

 

I just let out a sigh.

"Who kissed with who?" Someone asked.

We all turned our head. It was Seohyun.

I was about to tell her a lie (hey, I didn't like her, but I don't want to hurt her feelings, okay) when Eunhyuk suddenly answered. "Your oppa with Minnie"

"Oh" Seohyun answered calmly as she sat right next to me. "Wait, what?! My oppa as in my Cho Kyuhyun oppa with Minnie as in Lee Sungmin?!" She asked histerically.

Eunhyuk just rolled her eyes. "Such a late reaction"

"Oppa, is that true?" She asked, still hadn't recovered from shock.

"Well... um... yeah" I muttered.

"What?!" She asked histerically --again. "Oppa... Kyuhyun oppa, my future husband..."

Eunhyuk just rolled her eyes --again.

"Oppa, aish, I... I hate you!" She screamed before she ran away from the cafeteria.

Yesung chuckled "You lose a fan, I guess" he said.

"She'll come back later" I answered. "This isn't the first time she's mad at me"

"By the way, what club will you join?" Ryeowook asked.

"I don't know. I don't feel like joining a club this year"

"Minnie will be joining Tennis" Eunhyuk said.

"What?" I asked.

"She'll be joining the tennis club. You must join it too!" Eunhyuk repeated as she patted my shoulder.

 

~~~×××~~~

 

"Okay, welcome to our club, thank you for applying, my name is Jung Yonghwa from 2-B, it's a pleasure to meet you guys here, in Tennis club" one of the seniors of tennis club said as the new members gathered.

"Hey, why are you following me everywhere?" Sungmin whispered to me.

"Oh, are you talking to me, miss?" I asked.

"Who I could possibly talked to other than you here?" She asked back.

"Well..." I answered. "I didn't follow you. It's just that I want to try tennis. It seems exciting" I lied.

"You don't have any talents in sport, I guess" she whispered.

"I'm the best runner back in the middle school" I lied --again.

"Yeah, back in the middle school" she whispered sarcastically.

"Uhm" Yonghwa coughed to catch our attention. "Well, let's see each other again at the next practice, tomorrow, after school!" He said happily.

It seems like the seniors are kind.

 

~~~×××~~~

*the next practice*

*Author's point of view*

 

"Well, hello, my lovely hoobaes! I'm so happy that you guys are here~ you guys will never know how happy I am~~" Yonghwa said happily as he reachs for his racket bag and opens it. "Well, how about some games?? Who wanna play with me?" He asked.

Nobody answered.

"Well... since nobody wants to, I'll just pick one of you, is that ok?" He asked as he looks at the names of the new members. "Well... what about... Lee Sungmin?"

Sungmin took a step towards Yonghwa. "It's me, Sunbae-nim" she said.

"Well..." Yonghwa takes a deep breath. "You better be ready" he said as he reachs for his racket.

As soon as he touches his racket it seems like he's been got an electric shock or something because his expression suddenly changed.

Everyone in the club whispers.

"Wow~ here comes the evil Yonghwa"

"I heard that everytime he touches his racket, he turns from 'the good sunbae, Yonghwa' to the 'evil sunbae, Yonghwa'"

'Evil sunbae... Yonghwa?' Kyuhyun thought. 'Wow'

Yonghwa took a ball at the ground and holding it tightly. "You better be prepared" he shouted angrily. He hit the ball with his racket towards Sungmin and Sungmin swing the ball back to him.

And it lasted for a long time until someone yelled.

"Oppa!" Said the voice.

Everyone looks to the source of the voice --except for Kyuhyun, he knows whose voice is that.

It was Seohyun.

Yonghwa suddenly loses all his focus at the game when he saw Seohyun. He suddenly feels weak, even his grip on his racket is getting weak.

'Wh, what's this? I'm holding a racket, but I didn't feel passionate at all...' he thought. 'Why did my heart beats fastly? Did I like that girl?'.

"Hey, Cho Kyuhyun! I won't be mad at you anymore! Come here, I need to talk to you!" Seohyun yelled again, Yonghwa felt a little bit hurt becuse she called another guy's name even though she hadn't know her yet.

He suddenly feels passionate again as a wave of anger rushed to him. "Cho Kyuhyun?" He whispered. "Lee Sungmin, get out! Cho Kyuhyun, come here!" He shouted.

Seohyun covered with her hands and walked away. 'Wrong timing!' She thought.

Kyuhyun nervously walked towards Yonghwa. 'Just, do it. You're not so bad at tennis, Kyu. At least you know how to play it right' he thought.

"Get this!" Yonghwa shouted as he hit the ball with his racket fastly that peoples could barely see the ball because it's so fast.

'He can't take it, it's too fast!'

'I can't take it, it's too fast!' Sungmin and Kyuhyun thought  panickly at once.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes tightly and swung his racket randomly --mainly because he doesn't even know what else to do but to face it.

He heard a loud voice coming and nothing after it. He opens his eyes slowly.

It turned out that he has succesfully returned the ball to Yonghwa, but unfortunately, it was too fast --even for Yonghwa!-- and he can't take it.

Yonghwa felt his grip losing --again-- before he puts his racket on the ground and walked to Kyuhyun.

He patted his shoulder. "Good job" he said weakly.

Kyuhyun just nods his head slowly.

"By the way, who's that girl?" Yonghwa asked.

"Which girl?"

"The girl who called you during the game"

"Ah~ you mean Seohyun?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Seohyun?" Yonghwa repeated. "Even her name is really pretty"

"Do you like her Sunbae?" Kyuhyun asked. "I'll help you. I'm pretty close to her"

"Pretty close?" Yonghwa asked.

"Yeah" Kyuhyun nodded. "She's been crushing on me and following me around since middle school"

"WHAT?!" Yonghwa shouted histerically.

"But I never seen her as a girl, okay!" Kyuhyun answered.

"What?! How could... did you like another girl?" Yonghwa asked again.

Kyuhyun nodded.

"Who is that? The girl who you liked more than Seohyun?"

Kyuhyun smiled a little before he stared at Sungmin who is busy with her phone. "It's her. Lee Sungmin"

Yonghwa stared at Sungmin before he glared at Kyuhyun with a strange look. "You seriously had no taste when it comes to girls. I mean, how could you like a kiddo like her better than an elegant girl like Seohyun?!"

"What?!" Kyuhyun shouted. "Sunbae, if I likes Seohyun, than you'll have no chance!. So, do you want me to help you?"

"Yes! Help me please!" Yonghwa answered excitedly.

 

~~~×××~~~

 

*Sungmin point of view*

 

It's been almost a week since I kissed him --you know who.

I still can't talked to him privately yet.

I've tried. During the tennis meeting, but I just ended up having my heart skips a beat.

I don't know! I mean, I don't want to like him, but believe it or not, it does happen.

 

~~~×××~~~

 

*flashback*

 

"Just try if you can" I said before I kissed his lips softly.

My heart starts beatung fastly as the kiss goes on.

I broke the kiss and just stared at him blankly.

'What's this? My heart keeps beating fastly. Is this... love?' I thought.

"Why did you do this to me?" Kyuhyun asked frustratedly. "You didn't like me back, but you don't want me to give up either"

'Did he mad at me?'

"I'll prepare the dinner" I said as I stand up and walks away.

I closed my bedroom door slowly.

I hold on to my chest.

I still can feel my heart beating fastly.

"So... I..." I mumbled. "I like him?"

 

~~~×××~~~

 

I take a look at Kyuhyun who is sitting on the table 8 --the other end of the cafeteria.

He's hanging out with his two friends, and Seohyun and Yonghwa sunbae.

I don't know why he's close with Yonghwa sunbae.

He already hangs out with him since the first tennis club practice.

And he keeps on hanging out with that Seohyun girl too.

Did he... really gave up and just decided to like Seohyun?.

He said he don't want to like me anymore.

 

~~~×××~~~

 

I stops walking when I heard some noises from our school's tennis court.

It's already 7 in the afternoon, the practice is already over.

So who is that?.

I walked to the tennis court to see.

It was Kyuhyun, he's busy practicing by himself.

No wonder he always go home late.

My heart starts beating fastly as I just stood there and look at Kyuhyun who hadn't noticed me yet.

'Should I approach him... or not?'

"Oh, Sungmin-ssi!" Kyuhyun called as he stopped practicing. "Why are you here?"

"This is a public place, I guess" I answered, pretended to be cool.

He chuckled. "Haha, that's so you"

I smiled back at him. "And you?"

"I'm practicing. I'm a tennis club member now! I must practice hard!" He answered with a smile.

"You're cool when you served that ball back to Yonghwa" I said as I laughed remembering that day.

"It was an accident" he answered.

I took a deep breath. "It seems like you've gave up on me. You keeps on hanging out with Seohyun"

"Why would you think so?" He asked. "I only likes you! Why would I like that clingy girl?"

'Did he said... he only likes me?' I said as my face starts blushing profusely.

"Then, w-why did you keeps on hanging out with her?" I stammered.

"You saw Yonghwa sunbae around me, right?" He asked back.

I nodded.

"Yonghwa sunbae likes Seohyun. That's why"

"What?!" I shouted histerically. "But... why?"

Kyuhyun just shook his head. "I don't know"

I started laughing as I find it funny.

I feel jealous for nothing. No wonder he'd been hanging out with Yonghwa lately.

"What's so funny?" He asked with a smile.

"Nothing" I answered as I smiled back at him. "Want me to teach you?" I asked as I took my racket out.

"You want?" He asked back.

I nodded. "Firstly, you should learn not to close your eyes when the ball coming" I .

"I've told you it was an accident" he answered as he laughed.

 

To be continued.

 

Is this chapter too long? XD

Sorry if Yonghwa isn't funny just like sudo senpai from itazura na kiss.

I'm not really good at comedies ㅠㅠ