10. Hospital

At The End Of Destiny

Chapt 10

Hospital

 

Snow still felt so swiftly at the end of February. Even it is not as hard as January, but still.. the temperature still felt unfriendly to walked outside without car.

But that night, Jonghyun decided to go home by feet. Thought the sidewalk from Seoul Hospital to his dormitory. It wasn't far away, indeed. But it wasn't near either.

No one could read what was on his mind at the moment. Most of peoples would eventuality choose to drove their car, took a cab or bus in the snowy night like that.

But it seems like his heart temperature was colder than the weather.

SBS Lobby, a few hours ago...

"Jonghyunie!!" He heard someone called his name.

"Oh.. Hyung! Waeyo?" He found Kyuhyun breathlessly ran to his direction.

"You... do you have time... next Sunday?" Kyuhyun asked still with his wheezing breath.

"Hmmm... next Sunday? Mollayo, Hyung. I'm still not get my schedules yet. Waeyo?" He asked him back.

"Next week, i want to invite all of you to make a little mans party. Indeed my birth day had past. But, fortunately.. i'm free at Sunday before our comeback album, so.. i madly want to hang out with you, guys! Besides, you were so hard to be called since the last year. Wae? Is by chance you have a new hyung? Or.. secretly you create a new community to compete Kyuline behind me? Huh?!"

Actually, Kyuhyun purposely threw those cheap jokes. He understood, for this past few months, it might be really hard for his buddy. It could be because of his jobs and his new album with CNBLUE, or because of his problem with Yoona.

Of course, Kyuhyun and all of Kyuline knew what was going on between this lovers. They're in the same management with Yoona, anyway. It was shocking them too, when suddenly they heard Yoona and Seunggi's press con. And Kyuhyun with his buddies understood, maybe that was the reason why did this Busan man really hard to be found, lately.

"Aniyo, Hyung. How dare i do that! Jinjja, i was really busy with our album. If i wasn't at FNC building, i would spend my time at the studio or at our dorm. Jongmal mianhaeo, Hyung. It wasn't because i'm not count you as my friend."

Yes, Jonghyun doesn't lie. Except those three places, he didn't have any places to go. It were his most comfortable zone to replaced his painful feeling into his hectic works. It was the way to forget her for a while.

"Ahrasso.. ahrasso!" Kyuhyun patted Jonghyun's arm.

"Geurom, make sure you have to come, Jong! If you don't want get any troubles from your crazy friends. You know, Kyuline has 2 Jonghyun. But i'm already bored with that Jonghyun. He's too noisy and aahh.. Jinjja... i missed you, man!"

"Ahrassoyo, Hyung. I'll try to come. And..." Jonghyun wasn't finished his words when suddenly...

BRAKKKKK!!!!!

"Eonnie....!!!" They heard someone called a girl who suddenly fainted. Reflexively, Jonghyun and Kyuhyun ran toward those girls.

"Oh.. Yeseul ah, wae geurae?" Kyuhyun asked to the crying girl that he known as SNSD cordy. She looked so panicked and tried to wake the faint girl on her lap.

"Oppa... Yoona eonnie!" Sprightly, after heard that name, Kyuhyun and Jonghyun hurriedly ran closer to those girls.

"Im Yoona! Wae geurae?" Kyuhyun squatted in front of Yeseul and Yoona still unconscious on her lap. He touch Yoona's forehead to check her temperature. He also touched her hands and checked her pulse.

"Omo... he got fever and can't assuredly felt her pulse. Jongie ah, palli called the 119!" Actually, this man was temporary lost in confusion. He was so panicked. He was scared. But when Kyuhyun called his name, he immediately put his phone and tried to press the numbers with his shaking hand.

A few minutes latter, the paramedics came and immediately gave her the first aid procedures. Yoona still unconscious and the team finnaly brought her to the hospital to give her more treatments.

"Jonghyun ah, you accompany Yoona on the ambulace. I'll follow you behind with my car. Okay?"

He didn't know what was on Kyuhyun's mind? How could Kyuhyun ask him to do such a thing that easily? But at the moment, Jonghyun couldn't think too much. He willingly followed Kyuhyun's order.

Jonghyun and Yeseul entered the ambulance. Yeseul kept crying while holding Yoona's hand worriedly. Jonghyun sat behind her like an idiot. Felt like something stabed his chest coz he felt the alien aching inside it. He was scared. He was incredibly scared.

"Oppa, igae otteokhaeo?" Yeseul grab Jonghyun's arm and she sobbed even sadder.

"Gwaenchanna, Yeseul ah! She'll be fine. She got help now. Gwaenchanna..."

God knows how much this man desperately wanted to jump and held the sleeping woman in front of him so tight. Her face looked so pale. Seems like she lost her weight coz she looked tinier than the last time they met.

They arrived at the hospital and Yoona immediately drove to the emergency room. Jonghyun, Kyuhyun and Yeseul followed behind.

For some few minutes, the Doctor checked her body and took her blood for some testes. Finally, that girl awaked. She opened her eyes.

"Yak!! Yoona ah.. Gwaenchanna? What's wrong with you? Mani appa yah? Huh?" Just like that, Kyuhyun showered her with those worries questions.

"Gwaenchanayo, Oppa. Mianhaeo, i made you worry. I'll be alright. Gomawoyo, for taking good care of me and brought me here." Her voice still sounded so weak. It broke his heart somehow.

"Don't say it to me. Say it to him. He took you here and accompanied you on the way here." Her eyes followed Kyuhyun's direction. And how shocked she was when he found Jonghyun stood behind Kyuhyun.

"O.. Oppaaa..!" She felt her lips suddenly stiff.

"Gwaenchanna?" That was little part of word he could only say. He couldn't even look at her eyes any longer.

"I feel better, now.. Oppa. Gomawoyo.. and mianhaeo for burdened you."

Still with her gentle voice, she tried to say. It sounded so weird in his ears, when she used formal words to talk to him.

Suddenly.....

"Yoona ah.. Im Yoona!" A man ran breathlessly towards her.

"Oppa..."

"Moseumniria, Yoonie ah? Mani apphaa ah? Where do you feel the pain? Huh?" From his tone, his  motion, and the way he touched Yoona's body concernedly amidst his panic, it obviously shown how much he care for her.

"Gwaenchannayo, Oppa! Maybe i was just a little bit tired over my schedules. Geok cheongmaseoyo!" She answered.

"How can i'm not panic? Soon after i heard you fainted from my friend in SBS, it felt like i was gonna die! You scared me, Yoona ah! It made me crazy!"

Then that man hug her girlfriend so tight without even knowing that there were some pairs of eyes seen that scenery.

"Oppa.. geumanhaeo!" Yoona signaling with her eyes, that Seunggi wasn't the only man there. Instantly, Seunggi turned his body back. He opened his eyes widely when he found Kyuhyun and Jonghyun stood beside Yoona's bed. He was shocked.

"Omo.. mianhae, i wasn't aware that you're here too. Anyeong Kyuhyun Ssi, Jonghyun ah... eoraemani ah..." Lee Seunggi bowed his head, replied with the same motion by Jonghyun and Kyuhyun..

"Im Yoon ah Ssi..!" A Doctor came.

"Agassi, based from this laboratory check, actually.. there was nothing serious with your body. You just over exhausted and it made your blood pressures dropped drastically. And i found mild infection with your digestion and it caused your fever. But don't worry.. i'll give you the medicine through the IV.  I guessed, maybe you got too much stress lately, and it getting worse because you also have mal nutrition, Miss. The nutrition you got every days wasn't equal with your hectic schedules and activities so your immune was getting weak and your body is no longer tolerant it. I'll give you some vitamins to increase your immune system and to make your blood pressure regulated normally. Please, eat some nutritious foods and rest properly." The Doctor gave a prescription paper to Lee Seunggi.

"Mwo? You heard that, Yoona ah? Mal nutrition? How can you.... aish.. jinjja geun yeoja ga! You were a food machine, Im Yoona.. you could wiped out all the foods on the table. How can you get mal nutrition?"

Once again, both Kyuhyun and Jonghyun forced to saw that lover quarrel.

"Maja yo, Oppa!" Yeseul suddenly opened .

"Every day she had to fight with me only if i asked her to eat! It was exactly her who gonna be starve to death if she kept refuse to eat. But why should be me who felt suffer because of her stupidity! I already bored with those argumentations war every morning, afternoon even at the night before she got sleep! This stubborn girl should had got the worse disease so she could be wary! Aish.. jijja!!"

Yeseul burst out her tears and the guilty feeling shown at Yoona's face.

"Is that true, Yoona? Yaaah... neol phabo yah?"

One more time, Seunggi yelled to her but her eyes kept looking to the man who still stood up emotionless beside Kyuhyun. Yoona did only care about the color of his face. It didn't hard to read his feeling. She knew, that man tried so hard to hid his weakness yet his anger.

"Geumanhaeo, Oppa. Jebbal... i only need to rest and i wanna back home soon. Can you take me home?" This time, her weak voice changed to be the sad one. Those misery eyes tortured Jonghyun's feeling even more.

"Ahrasso.. ahrasso! Mianhae, Yoonie. I'm not angry with you. It just.. you know.. i was scared and you made me worry. Mianhae!"

Lee Seunggi caressed her hair so softly. A few moments latter, he reminded again that those 2 mens still there.

"Kyuhyun Ssi, Jonghyun ah, Jongmal gomawo. I don't know, what gonna be happened to her if the both of you did not take her here. Jinjja neomu gomawo!"

"No problem, Hyung. Me and Jonghyun incidentally met at SBS lobby and we had some chit chat when suddenly i heard Yesseul shouted her name. It was something that we should do as her friends, anyway. Daengieyo, there's nothing serious with you, Yoona ah! You made Oppa so worry, ahra?" Kyuhyun patted his sister shoulder.

'As her friends'

Those words sounded so strange in Jonghyun ears. FRIEND.

"Okay, since Yoona has someone who gonna taking good care of her, i think there's nothing more we can do here, Hyung. Let me and Jonghyun go first."

This time, Kyuhyun patted Jonghyun's back and gave him a sign to leave that place soon. Once again, there was a strange feeling on Jongjyun's heart when he heard Kyuhyun last sentence. Without any words, he nodded as he agreed with Kyuhyun's order.

Deep inside his heart, he wished that he could stay longer to taking care of her. It would be another sleepless night for him as he pretty sure, he couldn't sleep while worrying her so bad. But, yeah.. there's nothing he could do at that circumstance.

"Jonghyun ah.. " When Jonghyun about to reached the door, he heard Seunggi called him and ran towards him.

"Hmm.. naega... honestly, i don't know how to tell you. But, from my deepest heart, i want to thank you. Thank you.. for everything, Jonghyun ah. And.... mianhae.."

Lee Seunggi stared at him with his sincerity gazed. He knew, Jonghyun might be confused with his 'mianhae' but indeed... it was how he felt. If only he could explaine everything right at the moment, he would. But Yoona will never let him do that. Besides, in his shoe.. tell the truth means he'll lose her.

"Cheonmanhaeo, Hyung. I only did what i supposed to do. Never mind." He shortly answered.

"Geurae. Okay, just take care, man!" Seunggi patted Jonghyun's shoulder and gave him a soft yet meaningful gazed before he turned his body and back to Yoona's place.

They were arrived at the parking lot. Kyuhyun suddenly shocked with Jonghyun's decision. He chose to walk alone and refused Kyuhyun's offer to sent him home since his car left at SBS building.

"Wae, Jonghyunie? It's snowy, why do suddenly you want to walk in this weather? You'll get flu, Jongie ah! You have to protect your body since it is time for your comeback, right? It's absolutely not a good idea! It's dangerous, dude!" Kyuhyun showered his buddy with his worries words. And what had been happened that day was made him worried even more.

"Gwaenchannayo, Hyung. I'll stop by the grocery to buy some ingredients. I guess, my brothers not home yet. I worry, there are nothing to cook at the refrigerator. Geok cheongma, i'll take a cab from there." He gave his dimple smile.

"Are you sure, Jong?" Once again, his protective hyung asked him.

"Emm.." Jonghyun nodded.

"Geurae. I'll go first, okay?! Make sure you come at Sunday if you still count me as your hyung. Eat and rest properly, jashik ah! Look at your panda eyes. It showed even clearer. And..."

Kyuhyun felt like loss his words. Aniya, the truth was... he tried to arrange the exact words to told his friend.

"Jonghyun ah, i do understand, it must be hard for you. I just pretended to not realized it coz i know it's your personal problem. But, buddy... i just want to say that... i'm your hyung too. And Yoona is like my sister for me. I mean, i don't want to see the both of you get hurt anymore. Anytime, Jong... anytime you need someone to talk, or maybe a buddy to accompany you drink, just come to me. Okay?" Once again, Kyuhyun patted his friend's shoulder.

"Gomawoyo, Hyung. I'll be there at Sunday, i'm promise. I desperately miss the all of you too. Oh.. if you don't mind, i'll be there with Jungshin. Yonghwa Hyung was very busy at studio, lately. And Minhyuk will go to his parent’s house at Monday. I'm afraid uri maknae will be alone at our dorm."

"Geurom! Of course i'll be glad if he could come too. He's a joke machine, anyway. We'll need his talent, i guess!"

****

Jonghyun drag his steps one by one. Fought with the cold of winter, indeed..  it help him a lot to decreased the pressure on his heart. It helped him to forget what he just seen at the hospital. About the way Seunggi treated Yoona. About how helpless he was when he found Yoona's body fell on the floor. About how crazy his feeling was, when he locked his body to not run and held her body possessively.

"Ah.. himdeuro..!"

He murmured alone. He kept walking while drunk his cola. Once in a while, he clenched his right hand and tapping his left chest.

"Gwaenchanna, Lee Jonghyun! Noel gwaenchanna! Everything will be over soon. Just bear it a little while. You can do it, Jonghyun ah!" Once again, he talked to himself.

The more he tried to avoid the reality, the more he felt tortured by those pains. The last incident at the hospital made him realized about how terrible his wounds. But still, it couldn't erase about how meaningful Yoona on his life.

Lee Seunggi wasn't the only one whom almost died when he found his girl got hospitalized. Jonghyun was even worse than that. He almost threw his pride and knee down in front of 'someone's girlfriend's body' at Yeseul’s lap soon after he saw her fell.

"Jebbal.. Yoona ah! Be healthy! At least you have to be happy if you forced me to through this hell. Appeu jima!! Be healthy, Yoona ah!"

My pride, my ego, my needs and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made
Ooh and it hunts me every time I close my eyes

It all just sounds like (oooooh)
Mmm too young too dumb to realize

That I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should've gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party
Cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby is dancing
But she's dancing with another man

When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars