Beast

Unloved Beings

Zelo's POV 
The moment was ruined by my stupid brother, Daehyun. He rushed over and lightly shoved me out his way. He sat Miyung up and hugged her.

'Oh Miyung-ah! We were so worried about you!' He said.
'Ah don't be worried. I'm ok now.' She smiled back. Did she...smile at him?! 

'Hey, Miyung let's go out to eat.' I said. 'You want to eat?' She said.
I merely nodded. 'Alright, I'll get ready.' She left to get changed in the bathroom. 

'What's up with you, Zelo? Every time one of us hugs or speaks to Miyung, you don't like it. Why?' Daehyun asked me. He looked concerned. I was about to answer, but then Miyung came out of the bathroom. 

'Okay let's go!' I went for Miyung's hand, and intertwined it with mine. Daehyun looked at me oddly, but I brushed off his strange look. 

'Where are we eating?' She said. I noticed how small her hands were, and how soft they were. They felt like a cushion. 

'We can eat at a ramen eatery.' I told her. 'Ramen? Mmm, haven't had good ramen for years.' She said. I just smiled at her while leading the way. 

Once we arrived at the restaurant, I opened the door and entered in. I found a booth for the both of us to sit in. I guided her to the booth, and she slid in. I sat on the opposite side of her. 
'Well this a cute little ramen restaurant.' She said. We both looked at the menus. 'What will you order?' I asked her. 'Maybe the shrimp ramen, with greens.' She replied. I ordered my beef and chicken ramen, and her order.

As we waited, I thought I'd chat with her a bit. 

'So, you're 17?' I asked her. She just nodded. 'Why do you live on your own?' I asked. 'My mom died and my dad became an alcoholic. He hurt me, and harassed me so I left three years ago.' She explained. 

Oh my god. This girl. This innocent girl had a rough life. She ran away from her abusive father, and lost her mother. Who would have thought such a sweet young girl has been through a lot.
'What about your siblings?' I pushed deeper into her life.
'I have none. My mom died when she was pregnant with my little brother. I was 7 at the time' She said. I nodded my head. Who knew she was hurting on the inside. She really needs me and my brothers. 

Soon enough, our ramen was ready. The waiter came around, and handed us our food. I politely bowed my head, and so did Miyung. 
I picked up my chopsticks and began digging into my meal. I could already hear Miyung slurp the warm noodles. 

'What about your life? Your parents? How...this...happened.' She asked me. 

'I don't remember my parents. I was found with my brothers in an abandoned house. I don't even remember the house. I woke up in the hospital due to a concussion. We were born vampires. But none of the doctors knew. Since my parents had left us, Yongguk took care of us. We began living in a shack, but then eventually some of us got jobs, then we got a better house.' I told her my story. It was a bit twisted at first, but not too bad. 

'Zelo...I'm so sorry.' She reached her hand out to caress mine. I closed my eyes to feel her touch. She genuinely felt pitiful. 

We were on our way home after we ate our piping hot ramen. I had my fingers interlocked with hers. It was actually getting late, so I made sure to get home quickly. 

We reached home. I walked upstairs with her, and was about to change. 

'Zelo! I need to talk to you.' Yongguk said. I stepped outside my room, and saw all my brothers standing with him. 'Hey, you said you need to talk with me. Not them.' I grunted.

'Zelo...what's been going on with you lately? You've been moody, irritable, rude, messy, and stressed. This only happened ever since Miyung came.' Youngjae states. I shrugged my shoulders.

'Zelo, this isn't to be taken lightly. Do you like Miyung?' Himchan asked me. 
'I don't know. I just feel jittery and awkward. I don't even know if I like it or not.' I explained
'You need to know that this will be difficult. You can't be with her.' Yongguk said with a deep sigh. 

'Excuse me? I can mate whoever I want. I've never felt this way. You only feel it once, and she's probably made for me.' I retaliated. 

'Zelo, what we're trying to say is-' Daehyun started, but I shoved him. 
'Don't act like the good guys. I'm out.' I ran out the door, and into the night. 

I ran and ran, until I was out of the neighborhood. Why is my life so hard? Miyung...I'm in love with her. This is what I've been waiting for my whole life, and my brothers want to take it away from me. I've been alive for almost 3 centuries searching for the one I would love. I finally found her, and they're telling me I'm wrong? That it's a mistake?  I was born a beast, can't I at least be with a beauty? 

A/N
Hey everyone:) Hope you liked this chapter, got a bit of angst there. Oh Zelo...poor Zelo :( Whose side are you on, Zelo or his brothers? Leave a comment below if you'd like! Thanks for reading~ I'll have the next chapter hopefully by Thursday.