Reasons (Edited)

You Didn't (Editing)

A/N: Not many changes again. Reread if you want to :)

 

 

 

 

"Hi N. So how was your weekend?" Kikwang asked N before class started.


"It was nice." N told Kikwang. "I hung out with my old friends and figured out that they might try and come over to this college. And I went to my little brother Hyuk's dance performance on Saturday and found out he's a really good dancer, since that was the first one I went to."


"Hey guys. What you talking about?" Yoseob asked.


N didn’t know who this new person who was talking to them was, so he looked at Kikwang for an answer. Having seen the look that N gave Kikwang, Kikwang explained to N who this person was.


“Oh, this is my friend Yoseob. He tends to stay up and sleep in a lot, which means that he misses some of his morning classes. First period being the class he misses the most.” Kikwang explained before turning to Yoseob. “And this is Hakyeon, or N as he’s like to be called. He’s new here and he transferred here last Tuesday.”


“Well, it’s nice to meet you N.” Yoseob greeted N with a smile, turning to Kikwang. “And sorry I can’t have a normal sleeping pattern like you princess.”

 

Kikwang angrily exhaled from his nose, not wanting to fight with Yoseob in the morning.

 

“So, N, you have a younger brother? What grade is he in?” Yoseob asked.

 

“Yeah, I’ve never heard you talk about a younger brother before N.”


"He's a junior at JYP High.” N told them. “And sorry I don’t really talk about my family, there’s just a lot of things going on in my life right now.”


"Yeah, we know you're busy with other things, you've been talking about one of those other things a LOT. And since we've never had any explanations as to why you want to be friends with Leo, can you tell us?"


"I don't know. Maybe I'll tell you after you tell me why I should stay away from him. And it has to make sense, not just because he's not social or he doesn't like to go near people." N defended himself.


"We can tell you why at lunch because all of us want to know why you want to be his friend. And we should be going to our seats. The bell is about to ring." Yoseob told N before he went to his seat.


Once class had started, N noticed a certain someone wasn’t there. And he couldn’t help but wonder why Leo wasn’t in class.

 


~
 

 

N thought he wouldn't get an answer until Leo had walked in halfway through class.


"Mr. Jung, do you mind if I ask why you are coming to class half way through? You're usually always on time." Miss Lee asked Leo.


"My little brother Hongbin was sleeping in and I needed to wake him up. I lost track of time." He explained.


"I didn't know you had a younger brother.” Miss Lee remarked out loud. “Well, make sure this doesn't happen again, go to your seat now please."

 

He has a little brother? I wonder if he goes to the same school as Hyuk? Maybe I could ask him later. I don't want to get in trouble right now, N thought to himself.


And for the first time, N actually worked the whole period without asking Leo something about himself. Leo, of course, was happy because of that.

 

But that happiness was soon tarnished next period, during vocal practice. The class where Mr.Kim put him and N as vocal practice partners.

 

"So Leo, I didn't know you had a little brother. Does he know this guy named Cha Sanghyuk? Because that's my little brother. He's super nice and very adorable. Oh! And maybe I should have asked if he goes to the same school... Well, my little brother goes to JYP high school and he's a junior. What about your brother?" N asked Leo.

 

All Leo did was just nod his head yes and kept on looking through the sheet of music Mr.Kim gave the class to practice with.

 

"Does that mean he knows him or he goes to the same school as him?"


"Both."


"Oh... Hyuk has never talked to me about a Hongbin. But, what grade is he in? Maybe he has talked about him and he just hasn't told me his name."


"Senior."


"Ugh. He hasn't talked about a senior before. Only his new friends and and a few sophomores. Guess I'll ask him once I get home." N said to himself.

 

He knew for a fact that Hyuk has never talked about a senior. He's talked about his friends, Ravi and Ken who were dating but he mostly talked about his dance friends Jackson, Mark, JR and JB, who were freshman in college like him, and the sophomores BamBam and Yugyeom who were also in dance and Youngjae, who was a senior that helped Hyuk with singing. But that was all the people that Hyuk talked about at home.

 

I'm really gonna need to ask him if he knows a Jung Hongbin...

 

~

 

 


"Your reason as to why you want to be Leo's friend?" Kikwang asked N as soon as he sat down at their table.


"Tell me why you guys want me to stay away from him. And it has to make sense." N told them.


"Well, it's because some of the jocks here find him as a threat. The reason why is because lots of the girls have a crush on him, even the ones with boyfriends. One time this girl broke up with her boyfriend just to ask Leo out." Doojoon told him.


"And he said no. That he would never date her, or at least that's what I heard from people." Dongwoon interrupted Doojoon.


"Yes, thank you Dongwoon. Okay, back to the story. And once he said that to the girl she started to cry. Then when her ex-boyfriend found out, he didn't take it to well. The next day, out of nowhere he just started beating up Leo. But Leo was apparently stronger and was able to beat him. The one who started beating him up got expelled and Leo only got a warning because lots of people said he was only defending himself. And this was back when I was a senior in high school, so when Leo was a sophomore. Also, most of the jocks here were friends with that guy and find Leo as a threat. They don't beat him up but if he had a friend, someone like you who may not be able to defend himself, they'll go towards you. And that's the reason why we don't want you to be friends with him and why he doesn't really talk to anyone. He doesn't want people to get hurt because of him." Doojoon said.


"Well I can defend myself. And the reason why I want to be friends with him is because I've been friends with almost everyone in my grade. I've always been the typical person that everyone likes and is always happy. So, having Leo not like me really bothers me, okay" N told them.


"Just please limit yourself to talking to him. Some of the jocks might find out that you talk to him and that you want to be his friend, they might hurt you. And as your friends we really don't want you to get hurt." Junhyung told N.


"Okay then..." N said, making sure he sounded disappointed.

 

I won't talk to him during school. but maybe if I get Hyuk to be friends with Hongbin, I could maybe find out where he lives so I can visit him, N thought.

 

 

~

 

 

When school got out N basically ran home as soon as he got off the bus. And he almost ran into some of his neighbors a few times.


"HYUK! ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH A JUNG HONGBIN?!" N shouted as soon as he opened the door. He then realized the amount of shoes near the door and saw that all of Hyuk's friends were over.


"Hyung, can you not shout please? My friends are here and I want you to meet Ravi and Ken. Come on, we're watching  Finding Nemo because Jackson and Mark won the hula hoop competition we had because we couldn't decide what movie we wanted to watch." Hyuk told N when he came out of the living room.


"Hi guys. I didn't know you were coming over." N said to Hyuk's friends.


"Yeah. We were going to go to the mall but there were too many freshman's there, and let me tell you, when you have an attractive boyfriend and there are girls trying to hit on you, things don't go well." JB told N.

 

Then Yugyeom hit his arm. "What? I kept telling them I was dating you, but they didn't care." Yugyeom just rolled his eyes and got up to get something from the kitchen or to just get away from him.


"Well at least you tried to tell them you were dating someone. Jackson didn't even do anything at all when they were hitting on him. All he did was do back-flips and give them his most charming smile." BamBam said before following Yugyeom into the kitchen.


"You might want to get him something to apologize. Here, go to the mall and get him something nice." N said, handing Jackson enough money to get BamBam something and maybe some food too.


"Thanks hyung! Oh and weren't you talking about a Jung Hongbin earlier?" Jackson asked before he left through the back door.


"Yeah, do any of you guys know him? Or are friends with him?" N asked them with hope.


"Nope. He's the most popularest guy in the whole school and lots of girls like him. One time Hyuk tried to talk to him because he was stepping on one of his papers that fell out of his binder and this girl named Kim Hyojin rudely pushed him into the lockers. And don't worry, she got detention for two weeks because that was the second time she did that to Hyuk and the tenth time she pushed someone into the lockers." Ravi told N.

 

"You've never told me about that..." N quietly said before going over to Hyuk and hugging him. Which made Hyuk feel awkward in front of his friends.

 

"We try not to go near him because we know the girls will try and make our lives a living hell." Ken said.


"I'm not sure it's the time to say this but, Hongbin has been trying to talk to me ever since Hyojin got detention. I guess he wants to be my friend because of that. He even went to our dance performance on Saturday and said I was the best dancer he's ever seen. And the thing is, I don't really want to be his friend..." Hyuk told them.


"Well you should be his friend! Remember what I told you Hyuk. Be nice to everybody! And by being nice to Hongbin you can be his friend and that could help me out!" N told hyuk.


"And why should I be friends with him, hyung?" Hyuk asked his older brother.


"There's this guy at my school that I want to be friends with and I think if you're friends with his younger brother, his older brother Leo might come over  to our house one day because he seems to really care about his younger brother since he was late to class this morning, just trying to wake him up. So, can you please try and be his friend? Please? For me?" N asked his Hyuk.


"Fine, but tell me why you want to be friends with his older brother." Hyuk asked.


"Reasons." N told Hyuk. Then he left the living room and went to his room to do his homework.


"You're older brother is stubborn." JR told Hyuk.


"Yeah, but I love him."

 

 

 

A/N: Yay! I'm trying to get back on writing this story. Hopefully that will work out. 

New chapters will be added every Saturday starting next week.