Moments like these

Polar Opposites

 

Jessica's POV

 

"BOO!" says loud voice behind me and somebody grips my shoulders, startling me so I scream, almost dropping the dish in my hands.

I turn sharply, finding Taeyeon cringing. Possibly from my scream, I snicker at the thought. That's what you get~

Upon realizing that I discovered who's to blame for my startled-ness, Taeyeon looks up and beams at me, giving me her killer smile. My heart instantly melts. Everyone thinks Tiffany's eye smile was the cutest but Taeyeon's smile was the real killer.

Shaking myself out of my reverie, I focus my stare into Taengoo's beautiful eyes and make a pretend angry face, giving her my meanest glare.

"Yah Kim Taeyeon!" I warn, "Do that again and you're dead!" 

Taeyeon laughs at my unsurprising reaction. If her smile was a killer, her laugh was an energy pill. I laugh along with her, truly enjoying myself.

"You won't kill me~" Taeyeon says adorably. No I wouldn't, I'd rather kill myself than exist in a world without you, I think to myself. Wow I was getting really deep today...

"You're right, I won't but that doesn't mean I won't try, hehe." I say mischievously and playfully bump into her for extra effect. She laughs at me again.

These are the moments I miss the most with her. When I can stay near her and not feel awkward and when I could just be myself. I long for her to love me the way I love her but considering the possibilities of that were extremely close to zero, I had to take and remember all the moments like these forever, before it was too late. I'm not even going to think about what too late meant.

"Why are you here by yourself, doing the dishes?" she says happily and I am dragged out of my thoughts.

"Cause' it's my turn to do them this week and since there's extra dishes today, no one volunteered to help me. Not even Seohyun!" I pout, knowing she wouldn't be able to resist and help me. I wished she was only like that to me though since it's pretty troublesome when she can't resist other people. 

"What! Sica-ah, you should've asked me! I would've helped..." she says, concern clear in her tone. 

I think back, wondering why I didn't ask for help from her, then I remember why. It's because she was stuck in a Tiffany-Krystal sandwich. My palm starts twitching again.

"Because you were with my sister and Fany the whole time! You didn't even notice me.."

The moment I said those words, I immediately regretted it. She was probably feeling really uncomfortable right now because some girl she barely talked to nowadays was saying all these weird things. I couldn't help it though, I was really freaking annoyed.

"That's not my fault~ I wanted to be close to you too!" she says shyly. CUTE OH MY GOD! The fact that she felt the same about me left a giddy feeling deep in my heart. I decided to keep my annoyed facade on for a little longer to fully experience this adorable apologetic Taengoo since seeing her like this was extremely rare.

"If you really wanted to be close with me, you would've tried harder!" I say, crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry okay? I'll try harder next time." she smiles and bumps hips with me, leaving a burning sensation on my side.

"Let me help you." Taeyeon offers and I gladly accept, needing all the help I could get.

I didn't think dishwashing could be so wonderful... We continued our playful banter while I washed and she dried the dishes. Every time our hands brushed each other's, I turned away, not wanted her to see my flustered face.

After we finally finished washing everything, we both dried our hands and took a seat next to each other at the dining table.

"See, it wasn't that bad, ne?" Tae asks.

"Mmm.." I reply, too tired from practice and washing too many dishes to form a coherent sentence. I stretch my arms over my head to relieve some of the built up stress. When I finish stretching, I shake my hands because they were really sore from the chore.

Taeyeon immediately takes my hand and starts massaging it. I turn beet red in the span of a second, she was so caring.

"You should take care of your hands, you only have one pair for the rest of your life." Taeyeon says quietly.

To hide my tomato face, I bring my other arm up to cover myself.

"Okay.." I say timidly, my voice muffled by my arm.

The kitchen door is suddenly opened and I quickly yet reluctantly retreat my hand away. The door opens all the way and Soojung comes out from the other side.

"Jessica-unnie, I need to talk to you.." This can't be good... 

Taeyeon's POV
 
"Jessica-Unnie, I need to talk to you.." Soojung says with a blank look on her face. Huh? Did something happen to them? I think to myself.

Jessica looks up at me for permission and I nod, not wanting to get in-between the crazy sisters. Soojung basically drags her sister out of the kitchen but before leaving, Jessica turns and gives me an apologetic smile. I want to know all the versions of her smile...

Its been a very long time since I've been this flustered. No not flustered more like... aroused? The word makes blood immediately rush to my face but it fits my glass shoe exactly like Cinderella.

When she started stretching and I had the perfect view of her...um... assets, I'm pretty sure I died and went to heaven. After stretching, she started shaking her hands and all of my attention immediately focused on trying to release her soreness.

I found it adorable how she was acting jealous of Soojung and Tiffany. Well, it was only acting and it would always remain that way even if I would go through the gates of hell to make her love me the way I loved her. Nevertheless, she was still cute as hell.

I kind of had a bad feeling about Krystal dragging her unnie away but I just brushed my superstition off. I've learned the hard way that overthinking things for me was like taking food away from Sooyoung and Yoona, it was NOT a good match. I know that from experience.

Speaking of my members, they were getting way too rowdy in the living room with Amber. Of course as the leader, it was my job to calm them down.

I'm pretty sure most of the loud members except Tiffany were in the other room because I didn't hear her loud voice over the others.When I walked into the living room where they most of them were, I immediately regretted my decision of wanting to calm them down. 

My eyes landed on the TV and it was showing some racy scene in an english movie. I then scanned the rest of the room, only to see Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung and Sunny trying to uncover the buried faces of Seohyun, Amber and Yoona.

"Come on~" Sooyoung whines playfully, "This will be you someday!" She points to the TV that is now revealing some guy burying himself in some girls s.

What the hell did I walk into...

"Your Sooyoung-unnie is right! You have to gather all the information you can on it!" Hyoyeon damn near yells. 
"ANNIYO!" the three youngest both scream, covering their hands with their eyes.

"Aish.. Calm down, it's just a movie!" Sunny joins in.

"Yeah, don't be such prudes!" Yuri says in agreement.

When amber spots me, her face pleads me to get them out of this extremely weird situation. I shake my head and put my hand up in protest.

 Oh no, I will NOT get involved in this. Even if I felt bad for the innocent girls stuck with these erts, I vowed not to get my self concerned with it. I was feeling extra selfish today anyways.

Besides, it's not like anything I could do would help them, even if I was their leader (Well not Amber's but you get it). And people call ME, the byuntae, well I was somewhat one but only when Jessica was involved. I shake my head and walk out of the room with determination. Not today, I told myself, not today.

When I passed by Sica's room, I heard Soojung's voice come out from the other side because the door wasn't fully closed. Not wanting to eavesdrop and invade their privacy, I started to walk away.

"Unnie, do you like Taeyeon-ah?" Soojung's faint curious voice comes out from the other side of the door.

I stop dead in my tracks. I knew I should've probably just kept going for the sake of my heart but this conversation involved me too.  


3000 views :o